Flame and Spade (A DreamNotFo...

Від minecraftidiot

Clay has been selected to travel to the Nether Realm for the annual Tithe. But when he meets the crown prince... Більше

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 *
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 *
Chapter 13*

Chapter 8

1.3K 51 45
Від minecraftidiot

Chapter 8

George landed on the ground with a hard thud. Dazed, he waited momentarily for the dizziness to go away, then blinked his eyes and took in his surroundings. Dream was seated a few feet away from him, groaning and rubbing his elbow.

"D-Dream? Where are we?" George said, voice rising in octave as he realized they weren't in the Portal Room. The boys seemed to have landed in a sort of meadow, flanked on either side by towering spruce forests. If George hadn't been so scared, it would've been picturesque; fat bumblebees buzzed by on a cool breeze that whisked from the ground.

The grass blanketing the floor was soft as a carpet, and flowers were scattered throughout the meadow like a giant walking by had had a hole in his pocket. Leafy ferns bordering the forest waved enticingly, fronds thick and deep green. Even the trees were beautiful, vibrant leaves yellowing lie old books and turning every hue of fire as a nod to the upcoming autumn. Though it was sunny, there was a nip in the air, and George wrapped his arms around himself. Dream hesitantly got to his feet, watching the horizon.

"I'm honestly not sure. What happened in there? I didn't think anything could destroy portals!"

George gulped and joined Dream were he was pacing a few feet away.

"Thats part of the reason Ghasts are so controlled - they're one of the few things that can. I have no idea how it slipped by the handlers, only that it's happened only once before in my lifetime."

Dream groaned again and raked a hand through his hair.

"What are we going to do, George? I have no idea where we are..." Dream looked at George imploringly, lip trembling. George abruptly sat back down, hugging his knees. "The palace will have sent patrols out by now, but we could be literally anywhere in the Overworld - it's possible they could never find us." George didn't look up from where he was picking at a blade of grass, but could feel Dream sit next to him.

Focusing on the ground, George seized his chance. "Please, Dream, you must know, I didn't know my father was going to be there. It was coincidence - and I only agreed with him because I was scared, scared that he might hurt you..." George said softly, gnawing on his lip. Dream didn't say anything, and they sat in silence, the only sounds the swoosh of the wind brushing the swaying grasses.

What seemed like hours but must've only been minutes passed, until finally tears sprung to George's eyes. He knew it, he had ruined any chance of friendship he might've - a warm hand covered his own. Omitting a soft gasp, George turned to face Dream where he sat. The man was staring at him with a serene smile.

"I know, George. I don't blame you, you needn't worry."

The weight sat on George's shoulders seemed to evaporate. With a stifled sob, he threw himself at Dream, hugging him fiercely. "Thank you," he murmured against Dream's neck, tears staining Dream's collar. A few seconds later warm, broad arms encircled George, pressing him closer to Dream's chest. George stayed just like that, quietly sniffling into Dream's warm shoulder until the light started to drain away at the horizon. He detached from Dream's shoulder and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, got a bit ahead of myself..." Dream chuckled and rose to his feet, offering George a hand up.

"Cmon Georgie, we need to find somewhere to stay for the night. It's already getting dark." He said, frowning at the surrounding forest. A great rumble sounded in the distance.

"W-what was that?" George cried, hiding behind Dream.

"Uh oh-"

With another boom, the heavens opened, drenching Dream and George in a matter of seconds. George screamed and brushed himself frantically. "getitoffmegetitoffmegetitoff-"

"George, what are you doing?" Dream laughed, only laughing harder at George's desperate wail.

"Why are you just standing there? Get this, this sky drool off me!" At this point Dream was a mess, cackling and wheezing in a ball on the ground.

"I fail to see the humor in this!" George snapped, hugging himself and turning away hurt.

"Wait, George, I didn't mean it like that," Dream said quickly, banishing the humor from his voice and stopping his wheezing. "Have you really never felt rain before?" At this, George stopped trying to hide from the droplets falling from the sky and stared at Dream in astonishment.

"This is rain? I've read about it, but I never thought it would be so..so wet!"

Dream chuckled and brushed away a fat raindrop that landed on George's forehead.

"It's water George, of course it's wet."

"You, kind sir, sound just like a teapot when you laugh" George sniffed, accompanied with a wide grin. Dream and George stood together in the rain for a moment, each other's smile before a loud clap of thunder broke them from their reverie.

"We should probably find shelter before the storm worsens" Dream frowned, tugging George under the canopy of trees. Though the canopy was thick, it was raining so hard that Dream and George were still drenched. Dream and George set off through the maze of trees, squinting through the darkness and pouring rain.

. . .

After a few hours of walking, the only light the two had was the faint light of the moon behind the clouds. A chattering sound could barely be heard over the gushing noises, and Dream turned to George whom had been walking in silence next to him.

"George, your lips are blue!" Dream gasped in surprise, immediately shrugging off his coat.

"it's fine, really" George said, pushing away the coat weakly. "I run cold, I'm used to it."

'Nonsense." Dream said firmly and wrapped his coat around George's shoulders. Though soggy, it clung to George's body heat and made him feel a small glimmer warmer.

"Thanks," He said with a soft smile, making Dream's heart flip in his chest. "But seriously Dream, I don't know how much longer I can walk. I'm half frozen already."

Dream peered through the trees, hoping for any type of shelter to shield them from the onslaught of water - but he could see nothing.

"I'm sorry, it's way too dark to see anything. Maybe we should just stay here- oof!" Dream yelped as he walked straight into something, banging his nose. "What the fuck? This doesn't feel like a tree..." The boys felt around until George felt a small notch in the wood.

"Here, I found something!" Pulling on it, the wall suddenly swung outwards. "It's a cabin!" George cried elatedly, and yanked Dream inside. The boys fell on a dusty floor, Dream landing in a heap on top of George. Suddenly, remembering what he had packed earlier, George scrabbled in his satchel. "I'm the best person ever!"

He crowed happily, holding up the candle and matches he had packed what felt like eons ago. Striking a match, he lit the candle and let watery light spill into the room. The boys gobbled in their surrounding with curiosity. They had stumbled into a one room cabin, probably used for hunting in the warmer months.

There was no bed or kitchen to speak of, but there was a fireplace on one wall: complete with a kettle swinging one ritz's and two earthen mugs on the mantle, and a large trunk lining the other, with a small curtain to change behind. The third wall had the door George and Dream had just toppled through, and the last one was swallowed by a picture window that dominated the whole wall. The cabin was small, however, yet there was just enough room for George and Dream to spread out comfortably.

"How charming..." George murmured, going over to investigate the trunk while Dream lit a fire. Warm, buttery light spilled over the floor, and lit George's face as he bent to open the trunk. "Oh, thank fuck!" Turning to Dream, he held up the contents triumphantly. Cradled in his arms were two pairs of warm winter pajamas, and a thick blanket.

Tossing what appeared to be the bigger pair to Dream, George retreated behind the curtain to shed his sodden clothing. It was heaven; trading a soaking shirt for a warm cotton one that fell just under his rear, and dripping pants and socks for cozy, knitted socks lined with fleece that went all the way up to his thighs and a tight pair of short shorts. "You decent yet?" Dream called from the other side of the curtain. George suddenly blushed - he wasn't a self conscious person, but to be alone with Dream...

"Georgie? You there?"

George stilled his shaking hands and exited, joining Dream by the fire. Dream was lounging on top of the blanket, one leg bent and the other straight in front of him. He was shirtless, wearing only a thick pair of sweatpants and some warm socks, the fire light casting a glow over his muscled abdomen. The sight made George a little weak in the knees, and he sat down before he toppled over.

"I really would prefer you didn't call me that, you know."

"Oh yeah, what're you gonna do about it, Georgie?" Dream taunted, poking George in the side. Hiding a smile, George delved back into his bag.

"Guess what else I brought?" Smirking, he pulled out the food he had smuggled out of the Nether. "Beat that."

Clay stared, his mouth slowly forming a small smile. "You are quite incredible George, anyone ever tell you that?" he grinned, reaching eagerly for an apple and a piece of bread. "But I think I may have you beat on this one. I found something else in that trunk of yours."

"mmph- What?" George said through a mouthful of food, hiding his chewing behind a hand.

"Thats a surprise, Georgie. Good things come to those who wait, isn't that what the people say?" Dream smirked over a large bite of apple. Ten minutes later, George was practically bursting with curiosity. Taking a sip of the warm tea they had made from melting snow from outside and the contents of a tin at the bottom of the trunk, Dream smiled and rose to his feet.

"Alright, I guess it's time. But close your eyes, and no peeking until I'm ready, okay?" Dream said, quirking an eyebrow at George. The person in question smiled confusedly, but closed his eyes and clapped his hands over them. "Okay, I'm trusting you..." George said shyly, eyes still squeezed shut. He heard bumping around, and Dream's quiet footsteps, but couldn't tell what was going on. Dream bent down and gently took George's hands away from his face.

"Open" he breathed, extending a hand to help George up. At first glance, nothing in the room had changed, but it was only after a moment that George noticed the strange object in the corner.

"What is that?" He questioned, stooping down to investigate.

"It's a record player!" Dream said proudly, crouching next to George. "They're quite rare, but there was one with a record in the trunk. I remember my grandparents playing the song, a long, long time ago. Shall we give it a listen?"

At Dream's words, George nodded enthusiastically, and stood up. Dream fiddled with a few buttons, placed the needle on the record, and a scratchy sort of music filled the room. The man in the song started singing, in a smooth, svelte voice.

Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go...

"Dance with me, Georgie" Dream said softly, holding out a broad hand. Placing his own in Dream's, George allowed himself to be tugged closer until they were pressed together. The man in the song continued to sing, accompanied by a guitar.

  You have made my life complete, and I love you so...

Dream started to sway to the rhythm, moving their hips in time. He spun them so they were next to the picture window, the rain dancing on the rooftop above them creating a faint drumming rhythm. The clash of thunder George could hear seemed so far away to him, for it was perfect being here. Dream's hands slid to George's waist, pulling him seemingly closer. A halo of warmth settled over George's shoulders as he twined his arms up around Dream's shoulders like a plant growing to the sun.

He hesitantly set his head on Dream's chest, listening to the sound of Dream's heartbeat. Feeling a weight rest on top of his head, George realized that Dream had put his head on George's and was breathing into his hair, the soft breaths sending George's hair tickling his neck.

Love me tender, love me true, all my dreams fulfilled...

The flickering firelight sent waves of warmth across the boy's toes, warming them immeasurably. As they ever so slowly waltzed, the rain continued to pound the ground outside the cabin, rivulets of collected raindrops running down the glass panes.

For my darling, I love you, and I always will.

The song crackled to a close, but Dream held George fast to him. They continued to sway in each other's arms, carried by the music of their hearts.

"Dream," George murmured, turning his face upwards - only to be captivated by his bewitching green eyes.

"Tell me a secret..." He reached up, cupping Dream's cheek with a hand. Dream leaned into the touch, nuzzling George's palm. Dream stared lovingly into George's eyes, looking at him with such unbridled passion it made George's mouth go dry.

"My real name," Dream breathed, barely speaking as not to break the spell, "is Clay."

"Clay..." George whispered, running a thumb across Clay's lips. "Tell me another." Clay's tongue darted out and caught George's thumb, wetting it.

"I think that you're beautiful." The blonde uttered, a hand sliding up onto the back of George's neck. A peach blush dusted George's cheeks, and Clay slowly reached out to seemingly brush it away with the featherlight touch of a finger.

"Tell me one more," George said, so quietly words barely left his mouth. Clay glanced at where George was biting his lip, and reached out to pull his chin up.

"My last secret is..."

George's chestnut eyes gazed up into Clay's, lips satiny and parted just enough for a breath to escape them.

"My last secret is that I'd like to kiss you."

George's breath caught at Clay's words, but instead of pushing him away like Clay expected him to, George rose onto his tiptoes, one of Clay's arms circling his waist and the other holding his chin. George slowly, too slowly, let loose another breath and hung his arms around Clay's neck, fingers fiddling in Clay's soft baby hairs. The next words spoken were barely a caress carried on another breath, so quiet  that Clay almost imagined he had heard them;

"Then do it."

. . .

and i thought this was gonna be slow burn...

remember to comment & vote!
have an amazing day, you deserve it.

xo, minecraft idiot

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.4K 30 15
Dream is going through a deep depression and George tries to help him through it all. The more George and Dream flirt jokingly, the more Dream begins...
15K 1K 35
[Completed] George, and Clay were friends , they train to fight for the one's who bring danger to fellow species and humans. But when one day their s...
49.1K 2.4K 17
in a mystical land with magic and mushrooms, Dream is the commanding dark knight of the Medieval kingdom- Logstedshire George is the mushroom King of...
68.3K 2.1K 32
[completed) Clay is a highschool student who is one of the popular kids. The dream boy every girl wants, tall, dirty blonde, and a football player. B...