It happened over whiskey

By harshitabajaj_239

Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more... More

|CAST|
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 16

317 18 0
By harshitabajaj_239

Ryan’s POV:

Amber was so excited after seeing the house that it just brought a big smile on my face. I suddenly remembered the day when I bought this house and took the official papers of this property to Khloe, tied in a red ribbon.

She was eating cereal while sitting on the dining table with a magazine in her hand. I sat on the seat adjacent to her and passed the papers to her, smiling like a kid who had just won a lottery.

She looked at me and then at the papers before setting her magazine down. She took the papers in her hand and read the words with a frown on her face.

“Another property, Ryan?”, she asked sounding disappointed. Seeing her dismay, the grin on my face just disappeared.

“Khloe, this is a house in the bayou and you have to believe me when I say this, it is just too…different. Different than all the properties I have ever invested in. It could be our humble abode. It stands among the huge cypress trees in all its armour and also there is a small creek nearby. You should come visit it with me someday. I am sure you will love it”, I said while holding her hand, my eyes shining with excitement again. She huffed before getting up from the chair and said while moving towards the kitchen, “I hope you don’t regret buying it later. I can’t imagine sitting in a mud and straw house amidst muddy land which would probably be a breeding ground for mosquitoes as well. You can go there as much as you like but don’t ever force me to come to your ‘humble abode’. I am not at all interested to be a feast to the mosquitoes there who haven’t been served well in what? A hundred years? ”

I was brought out from my thoughts when I head Kyle giggling. I looked at him to see the source of his sudden outburst that caused him to hold his stomach in the process.

And what I saw next, made me laugh too. Amber was lying in the muddy land on her back.

I made my way towards her while tittering like a kid. She glared at Kyle before looking at me and then said, “Will you just stand there mocking me or do you have any civilness left to lend a hand to the needy?”

I stuck out my hand to help her up from the greasy mud. She placed her palm in mine but instead of getting up from her sitting position she pulled me down with her.

In my defence, it was so sudden and unexpected that I just couldn’t stop myself from being pulled by a petite girl with the strength of a cat. I scrunched my nose while looking at my clothes that were now covered in water and mud.

I looked at her disgustingly but she was just sitting there, laughing while holding her stomach, finding everything so funny. I wanted to scold her for ruining my favourite Armani suit but after looking at her smiling as if this were the best thing to happen to me, I couldn’t muster the courage inside myself to ruin that beautiful smile that spread across her face.

I sat there, facing her with my hands on my knees while she took some mud from the ground and covered the front of her cardigan with it. I looked at her with a question mark on my face as to why was she destroying her cardigan when it was actually not at all stained from the front.

She just smiled at me and said, “I do need to wash it even if it is not stained from the front so why not make the most of it!” With that, she got up from the ground and ran behind Kyle.

I smiled at her while she was running all around the place in an attempt to catch Kyle. There was a small rock that was the reason of Amber’s victory.

Kyle tripped over it and in the next moment Amber tackled him on the ground. She hugged him until the mud on her clothes were transferred to Kyle’s.

I couldn’t keep myself from smiling at the silliness that the girl in front of me was pulling us all into. She was so carefree that it disturbed me sometimes that she didn’t require anyone to fend for her.

She was complete in herself and honestly, there are a very few people like her left in this world. “I will kill you, Amber”, Kyle said while running towards Amber who was making her way towards me again.

I was standing with my hands in my pockets, when I saw her with fright written all over her face. She stood behind me while wrapping her hands around my stomach.

“Save me, Ryan! You are my only hope”, she said in a voice which was a combination of anxiety and excitement. As soon as Kyle came in front of me, I placed my hand on his chest and said, “Enough with the mud bath. Can we please go inside now?”

Kyle nodded at me before looking at Amber who was peeking at him. He pointed a finger towards Amber while gritting his teeth and said, “Stop hiding behind Ryan every damn time. I will make you pay for this Ms. Amber.”

He then made his way towards the house with Samwell. Amber was all ready to go behind him probably to punch him in the chest but I just held her hand that was on my stomach and shook my head at her. 

I turned around to see Amber trying to get off the dry mud from her hands. I placed my hand under her chin, urging her to look at me and then with my left hand, I placed the few dirty black strands behind her ear.

I stroked my thumb at her cheek while she looked at me while biting her lower lip. I know this was not at all required but I was too turned on to even think about anything else.

She was covered in mud which made her previously loose clothes now stick to her body revealing her perfect body figure. She was standing so close to me and our bodies were practically touching each other.

I wanted to feel her skin against mine, hell yeah, I wanted to kiss her. I never felt the urge to just feel someone’s lips so desperately against mine as I felt that day with her.

She shivered when my fingers touched the skin on her arms and I just felt proud of myself for having that effect on her. I knew I had to stop myself from taking this any further.

I entwined my fingers in hers before making my way towards the house. “Good Afternoon, Mr.Parker”, Maria, who was the caretaker of this property said while I made my way inside.

I nodded at her before taking Amber towards the stairwell.

Amber’s POV:

The exterior of the house, although pretty, did no justice to the interior of the house that was beyond any description. There was a glass door to the left of the house which led to the creek that I heard flowing before.

There was a peach coloured sofa in the corner of the room and the dining table had made its place to the right of the house. The wooden floor creaked as I made my way towards the stairwell with Ryan.

The navy blue coloured curtains that were pulled over two of the windows were dense enough to stop the sunlight from coming inside. There was a small lamp near the sofa placed on a mahogany table and a big chandelier hung from the ceiling, bright enough to light the entire house.

“I have never seen something so beautiful. Even my uncle Ryle, who is actually rich, doesn’t live in a house as posh as this and now when I think about it, it is just your getaway place. I wonder how grand your actual house would be”, I said while touching the curtains that felt like wool beneath my fingers. Ryan smiled at me and said, “I will take you to my house someday. It is nothing great, honestly.”

I grimaced at him before saying, “You are just trying to be modest.” He then told me, “Take the stairs and go to the room to the extreme left. Go take a shower. I will ask Maria to drop some clothes for you while you take a bath.”

I just nodded at him before doing as he said. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I thought of turning back and going down again.

It was so big that I felt small enough to live there alone. It was almost twice the size of my dorm room.

There was a small study table in the corner of the room, just near the window and then there was what every girl dreams to have, a walk-in closet. I entered inside the closet but it was empty, as I had expected it to be.

I opened the bathroom  and I couldn’t stop gaping at the sight in front of me. It was the size of my entire house and it shined like a crystal.

I was afraid to get it dirty as I just didn’t want to see it getting stained because of me. I could literally stay here if Ryan gives me a chance to.

I then heard a faint knock on the door and when I made my way outside I was greeted by Maria. “You must be Mrs. Parker”, she said to me while dropping a white shirt and a black sweatpant which seemed too big for me, on the bed.

My mouth was tightly shut at her statement and I didn’t know how to respond. Before I could even think of saying something decent and sensible, she further continued, “Mr. Parker is real protective of you. He was shouting at someone on his mobile downstairs saying how can they be this irresponsible when it comes to you. He told them that you looked so shit scared when he saw you and that he wants to do everything in his power to keep you away from any danger.”

Marie giggled before leaving a bag of toiletries on the bed, beside the clothes. I just stood there trying to digest whatever information Marie just embraced me with.

Did Ryan really said all this? Maybe he sees me as something more than a friend?

I shook my head of all the unnecessary thoughts before grabbing the bag of toiletries in my hand and making my way into the plush bathroom. I took approximately forty five minutes inside, trying all the different facilities that the bathroom could offer.

I smelled like sandalwood and eucalyptus after the shower that I took. I wore the white shirt that reached till my thighs and I couldn’t help the material which was transparent enough to make my nipples visible.

I pulled on the black sweatpants that were actually too big for me. I tightened the drawstring as much as I could to fit my body perfectly.

These were definitely Ryan’s clothes as they smelled like him, of cedar-pine spice. I hugged myself while nuzzling my nose in the shirt that I was wearing, trying to reluctantly breathe in a steady lungful of the fragrance that I have grown quite fond of.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! I am so sorry for a late update. I just forgot that I had to update yesterday. Anyways, don't you feel that Amber is actually a small ball of happiness? And how happy Ryan is when she is with him! Oh my god, I just can't get enough of them. Moving forward, my next update will be on Friday. Do not forget to vote for my story and also do share it with your friends and family. Byeee💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 23 21
When my childhood best friend, highSchool sweetheart, my college dreamboat, my soulmate and love of my life. Up and left me five years ago, without e...
38K 1.7K 42
After a messy breakup Amelia decided to move to France along with her parents,with a lesson that never fall in love again but her parents decided to...
578 50 54
I really loved him but everything fell apart that day. It's not like I didn't know what was going on; I knew it, deeply in my mind, I knew it. And ju...
178K 6.8K 35
I had never paid much attention to celebrity gossip or what was going on in Hollywood because that was so far from the lifestyle I lived as a poor co...