The Strawhat Pirate: Flash Go...

By cartnime

A black feline was all the crew thought she was. They didn't bother to question how human the cat was no matt... More

Encountering the Black Cat
The Swordsman
The Recruit of the Future Sniper King
The Sous Chef
Protecting Krieg's Crew
Helping Nami
Lougetown
A Big Storm is Coming
Authors Note
A Town That Loves Pirates

A Fight With a Lion

3K 144 18
By cartnime

"I'm starving"

The black cat meows in agreement, laying on the sword man's lap. 'Who in their right mind doesn't pack any food for the go!'

"When the hell are we gonna reach land?" Zoro whines

"Who knows. We're just going with the wind and waves, wherever they take us. We might not even reach the land" he says in boredom "ehh I guess we will someday"

Yoruichi hisses in displeasure 'SOMEDAY! IT BETTER BE TODAY!'

"Yeah what Ruru said! Don't you find it dumb that somebody trying to become king of pirates doesn't have any navigation skills?!" He scolds

"Hey Yoruichi didn't say that! It's not all that dumb I just drift around. What about you? Aren't you some famous bounty hunter that sails the sea?" He asks in confusion, turning his head towards him, still leaving half his body hang off the ship.

"I don't have any recollection of calling myself a bounty hunter. I set out onto the open sea and set out in search of just one man but then I couldn't get back to my village. By that point I didn't have a choice but to go after pirate ships to earn a living" he explains, looking up the clouds with his elbows on the edge of the ship.

Luffy and Yoruichi yelp as the buff man rocks the ship "Hey don't put it like that!"

The three look at the drifting straw hat, Luffy's face evident with slight distress as it rose.

"Oh no not my shanks hat!"

Yoruichi took quick action and jumped up before it could drift further away, catching it with her teeth. She feels a pair of hands catch her small body and put her down. She cranes her head back and nods at the swordsman in thanks.

'Did that cat just thank me with a head nod?!' Zoro thinks in surprise.

Luffy takes the hat from her mouth and pats her head "Thank you Ruru"

"Hey that's my nickname I use for her find your own!"

"Fineeee AHHH"

Yoruichi and Zoro both scream as a bird swooped down and grabbed Luffy's head, flying off.

Zoro paddles as quick as he can towards their captain, trying to keep up with the soaring bird.

'What's he doing just letting that bird take him like that?!' Her face suddenly shifts to a gloomy one 'That's right, I remember reading that people that eat a Devil's Fruit aren't able to swim'

"Hey stop! You there! Stop! Please! Man over board!"

"I can't believe we find ship wrecked people at a time like this! I can't stop you're just going to have to jump in!" Zoro informs the three men

"What!"

Yoruichi laughs at the men who managed to jump on in time.

"I'm actually impressed you made it on board" the swordsman snickers

"Are you trying to kill us!"

The man with long black hair pulls his sword out towards their rescuer with a smirk "stop this boat right now. The three of us are members of buggy the clowns pirate crew. This boat is ours now"

Zoro and Yoruichi give the group a murderous look.

"Hah?"

A good beating made the three men change their attitude. The feline sits on the man's shoulder with a smirk, watching the orange haired, curly man and chubby dark man row the boat as fast as they could.

The man who pulled their sword out claps his hands together with a smile "We had no idea you were the famous Pirate Hunter Zoro!" He chuckles

"Please forgive us!"

OoO

"What's that?"

A screaming man fell from sky towards an escaping woman being chased by three men. The woman screams as he lands in the ground.

"What was that?" The orange haired teen asks herself.

"A guy fell from the sky" a tan man states in confusion.

OoO

"What's that explosion?" Zoro asks

"One of Buggy's beloved Buggy Balls" the curly haired man answers

Yoruichi frowns 'Such drastic measures. Most of these pirates are ruthless'

Zoro grabs the feline before she could dash towards the explosion.

"I know you want to make sure that Luffy's fine but you can't throw your life on the line. As long as I'm with you, you'll be fine" he reassures to an annoyed cat.

'I can handle myself better than anyone here'

He puts her on his shoulder securely and runs as fast as he can down the street.

"Alright Ruru, I need you to sniff that idiot out. Can you do that for me?"

She nods. She cranes her head left, right, right, leaving them to go straight for another 3 kilometres.

"We just keep going straight?"

She nods "meow"

"Heh, if you were human or a talking cat, you could be our navigator"

Yoruichi ponders for a moment 'now that I think about it, I could. I memorised the map and everything I need to know about this world. As long as I know which part of the sea I'm on, I can navigate us to where ever our location is.

And I can also detect changes in wind and weather which gives us an advantage. But there's no point if I'm not going to be a part of this world forever. Plus, that's way too much of a job'.

"Alright Yoruichi! I see him up ahead. So brace yourself"

He jumps over the men and turns, crossing his arms with his third sword in his mouth to block the upcoming attacks.

"Hey now. How many of you are taking on one girl at once?"

"Zoro! Yoruichi!"

Yoruichi jumps on the girl's shoulder then to Luffy, cutting the rope as she lands on his thigh.

"Thanks Yoru. But I'm not exactly sure how I'm meant to get out of this cage" he says, scratching his head in thought.

'He can't thin himself? He's bloody rubber!'

A loud explosion makes her turn around. 'Zoro'

She feels a pat on her head "don't worry Yoru. He's safe" he reassures "just injured. Hey Zoro, you're hurt you know?"

"Just shut up and stay in there! I'm gonna do things my way!" He exclaims, struggling to carry the caged teen on his back.

Yoruichi sits on the ground with the frown. She'll allow him to handle the situation. But if the time comes for it, she'll step in and help her friends out.

Nami took a step sideways to face the struggling man with admiration in her eyes "Who is... this guy?"

The felines yellow orbs examine the tall woman 'So we cross paths again. I can already tell; she'll play a role during our journey. That's if she joins us'

"Hey Luffy" he pants "who's this?"

"Oh right she's our new navigator"

'Called it!'

"I'm not too sure about that. Who are you guys anyway?"

'Of course that persistent idiot doesn't ask!'

"Move... you're in the way" Zoro commands with clenched teeth, taking another step forward.

Yoruichi jumps on the bars of the cage and examines the lock.

"This isn't the time Yoruichi! This bastard is heavy enough!" The swordsman complains, urging the cat to get off.

One claw extends and she puts it in the lock, jiggling it in concentration.

"What kind of cat is she?! Cats are smart, but not that smart!" The orange haired woman exclaims in shock.

As Zoro drags the cage he finally drops it. He puts his hands on his knees in exhaustion, puffing and huffing.

"You better be able to unpick that Roro" he exhales, collapsing on the ground.

Yoruichi meows in worry 'at least it's not severe. He should be fine judging by his wounds. You're a noble man'

"What's with this dog?"

Yoruichi froze 'Dog?!'

OoO

"Who the heck are you?"

"I am known as the beast tamer Mohji, a member of the Buggy Pirates" the white haired man with round, white ears on top announced

"Woah, that's a weird animal costume you got on" Luffy replies instead.

Yoruichi sweat drops, looking up at the beast from the teens lap 'because it isn't'

A vein appears on his forehead at the outrageous claim "That's rude. This is my hair!" He explains, pointing at the ears.

"That's even weirder"

The "costumed man" sets his lips in a line with hardened eyes.

"You shouldn't assume you're safe just because you're in that cage" he grins "you must not know of my terrifying skill! There's no animal in this world that Beast Tamer Mohji can't tame!"

The dog growls in warning, walking closer to the massive lion.

Yoruichi frowns and gets out of the cage, beginning to pick the lock with all the seriousness she has.

3 minutes has passed and thankfully the man hasn't taken any initiative to crush them with that lion. She knew the dogs bite infuriated him and Luffy refusing to tell him where their green haired friend is just only made him even more angry.

'Yes!' The feline backflips out of the way as the gate opens. Luffy quickly made his way out with a laugh.

"Yes! I'm finally out! Thanks Yoru!"

The cat sends the boy flying through a house "Nice work. Good boy Richie"

'If only he knew getting rid of him won't be that easy' Yoruichi bit the lions tail, eliciting a loud screech from him. She holds onto it harder as he swings his tail to try get rid of her.

Mohji screams in alarm "Ahh! Let go of Richie right this instant! Richie, sit on her!"

As he sits, Yoruichi jumps up and scratches the commanding man's face until it bled. When he grabbed her, she bit him, using her back legs to kick his face repeatedly.

"Richie quickly find Zoro! What?! Hurry up and eat then this cats no joke!"

Yoruichi narrows her eyes at the scared man 'He better not. That shop means a lot to Chouchou!' She climbs up the lions back, jumping over the hands that tried to capture her.

She pulls his mane back with all her might to stop the purple animal from advancing any further.

He stopped and tried to shake her off, even going as far as to hit her with his paw to which he ends up hurting himself.

She side steps the owner's hands and head butts him as she jumps, kicking him off the large cat.

"Why the fuck are you so strong! Wha- I thought I killed you?!" The man exclaims, getting back on the lion and hurry.

Yoruichi smirks and runs towards her captain's open arms.

"You really caused them hell huh Yoru" he chuckles "Let's give them even more hell!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 71 16
Luffy x Reader "You're made of rubber?" You asked. Completely In shock as the boy stretched his arms out to grab ahold of some meat. "Yup! hehehe!" T...
27.1K 449 23
this a Sanji x Zoro, if ya Don't like then leave!
101K 3.1K 25
Our greatest swordsman if he were a she! Hiding her gender as we head towards the grand line, she aims to become the strongest swordsman. Something s...
5 0 1
Sanji and Zoro two loving each other. They had everything a perfect relationship and good friends. But when a shadow in the form of Sanji's past emer...