πš‚πšŽπš’πš£πšŽ πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™³πšŠπš’ [Var...

By youcallthataheadline

[Newsies Crossover] Visiting the kingdom of Neserdia in France, the king and queen of Corona finalize trade d... More

π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐼
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐼𝐼𝐼
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐼𝑉
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑉
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑉𝐼
πΌπ‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘–π‘ π‘–π‘œπ‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑉𝐼𝐼
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐼𝑋
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑋
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑋𝐼
πΈπ‘π‘–π‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
π΄π‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ÿ'𝑠 π‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘’ β™₯︎

πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐼𝐼

1.2K 40 51
By youcallthataheadline

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙾𝚈𝙰𝙻 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 𝙾𝙵 𝙲𝙾𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙰 𝙸𝚂 𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙾𝚆𝙽

"C'mon V!" Angry said as she and Catalina sped ahead of Varian.

   "Slow down!" Varian said, panting. "Ugh, why did I agree to watch you two today."

   "I don't know. I've been wondering the same thing all day," Angry said. The girls stopped running and Varian caught up.

   "Ok ladies, what do you wanna d—"

   "Excusez-moi monsieur, veuillez acheter un journal à un pauvre orphelin (excuse me sir, please buy a newspaper from a poor orphan)?" Varian looked down next to him. A young boy, about the same age as Angry and Catalina, was standing next to him, holding a newspaper.

   "I'm sorry?" Varian said, as he did not understand a word the kid said.

   "Please buy a newspaper from a poor orphan, sir," the boy repeated.

   "Oh, of course!" Varian handed the kid a penny and the kid gave him a newspaper in return.

   "Thank you," the kid said, running to a girl about the same age as Varian. They were only a few feet away, so Varian walked up to her. "Is he your brother?" he asked.

   The girl looked at him. "He's my friend's brother," she replied.

   "Where's your friend?"

   "Out selling newspapers like us. And are these two your sisters?"

   "Oh, no." Varian said. "They're my friend's kids. I'm just watching them for a few hours. I-I'm Varian, and these are Catalina and Kiera, but we call her Angry."

   "I'm (Y/N) and this is Benjamin." (Y/N) stuck out her hand and Varian shook it. "Looks like the kids are gettin' along." Benjamin, Angry and Catalina had moved a few feet away, and were playing hopscotch.

   "Yeah..." Varian said. He quickly glanced at the kids, but then back at (Y/N). Her (H/L) (H/C) hair was tied up in a high ponytail. And she wasn't wearing a dress. She wore pants just like boys did, which was a rare sight for Varian. She held on tightly to her white satchel which held the newspapers that she didn't sell yet.

   "So," (Y/N) said, looking back a Varian. "You new in town? I ain't never seen ya before."

   "Oh, I'm here visiting with the king and queen of Corona. I'm a friend of the princess. I'm also the royal alchemist," Varian said.

   "Cool," (Y/N) said. "So you must be like... really smart then."

   "Well... I guess. I-I mean I don't know everything in the world. I'm just really good at alchemy. Not that I know everything about alchemy. I just know more about alchemy than other things," Varian said quickly, blushing slightly.

   (Y/N) giggled. She then noticed someone behind Varian, angrily pointing at her, a cop next to him. (Y/N) immediately recognized the man. "Shit," she said. "Varian, I-I-I gotta go. Like now! Benjamin, vien (come)!"

   "Wait, what?" Benjamin asked.

   "Run!" (Y/N) ran over to Benjamin, grabbed his arm, and bolted off.

   "Hey, wait for us!" Angry said. She and Catalina started running after them.

   "No, Angry, Cat, come back!" Varian yelled and started running too.

   They ran down dozens of streets, the man and the cop following closely behind them. (Y/N) lead them down some alleyways. They ran down twists and turns until eventually they lost the man and cop. They stopped to catch their breath.

   "Would someone care to explain... why were running?" Varian said, panting. "Who was that man?"

   "Snyder the Spider," Benjamin replied.

   "Who?"

   "Snyder. He owns an orphanage," (Y/N) explained. "Ben and I, and a couple others, escaped that hell a few years back. But Snyder still wants to bring us back 'cause the more kids he's got, the more the king and queen pay him to take care of 'em. 'Course that money goes straight into his filthy pockets. Now, come inside." (Y/N) opened up a door.

   Varian looked at the sign above the door. "W-wait we... we can't go in here. This is a private backstage area."

   "Don't worry," (Y/N) said. "I know the owner." They went inside.

   "Hey, no one's supposed to be back here!" They heard a woman's voice say. Varian became nervous again.

   "Even me, Mrs. Miller?" (Y/N) asked.

   A tall woman with dark skin, wearing a long, flowing pink dress appeared from the wings. "Oh, (Y/N)!" She said, pulling (Y/N) into a big hug. "Oh, and little Benjamin too!" She hugged Benjamin. "So wonderful to see you both! And who are your friends?"

   "This is Varian, Angry and Catalina," (Y/N) said. "Guys, this is Mrs. Miller. She owns this theatre. Say, it alright if we stay a bit? Just until a little problem outside goes away."

   "Of course, stay as long as you'd like. This theatre is a safe place. Oh, and (Y/N), thank you so much for this background. It's absolutely stunning." Mrs. Miller turned one of the backdrops around to reveal a beautiful painting of lake.

   "You- you painted this?" Varian asked. "It's magnificent!"

   "Thanks," (Y/N) said shyly.

   "Eyo, there she is! I told you she'd be here." Three boys came backstage from the wings. Two of them were very tall identical twins, with the same (H/C) hair as (Y/N). The other one was a boy using a crutch to walk. He had messy black hair, like Benjamin.

   "Oi, (Y/N), what happened?" One of the twins asked.

   "Snyder," (Y/N) responded. "Oh yeah, guys these are my new friends, Varian, Angry, and Catalina. Guys these are my older brothers, Jamie and Owen, and Benjamin's older brother and my best friend, Louis."

   "Hey," Varian said awkwardly.

   "Hey," the twins said in unison.

   "The show's starting in five minutes and there's and empty box if you all want to watch." Mrs. Miller called out.

   "Angry, Catalina, let's watch it together!" Benjamin said, dragging the two girls to the the box.

   "I'll go with 'em," Louis said, and followed.

   "We're gonna head out and try to sell more papes," Owen said, and he and Jamie left out the backstage door. Now it was just Varian and (Y/N). They sat down on a bench and began to chat.

   Varian told (Y/N) what it's like being the youngest person ever to become the royal alchemist of Corona. He wasn't too keen on telling (Y/N) all about what happened to his father and what he did. He didn't want her thinking he was still like that.

   (Y/N) told him how they escaped the orphanage. "And so, after me, Jamie, and Owen mades our escape plan, we couldn't leave without Louis. He's like family to me. And of course if Louis is comin' his little brother's gotta come with. So we go on with our plan and everythin's goods so far. But then Snyder just waltzes around the corner, because for whatever reason, that mother fucker thought it would be a goods idea to get a midnight snack. So he starts runnin' down the hall and only Louis and Benjamin are down. So I slide down the rope as fast as I can, burning my hands on the way down. And then, Owen and Jamie - being the dumbasses they are - literally jumped out the window. The window that was two stories up. It's a miracle they didn't break anything. So we ran, and ran, and ran far away. Owen had to carry Louis 'cause Snyder sent security out after us. But we managed to get away and now we's livin' in an old alleyway."

   "Wow," Varian said. "That sounds like one heck of a night."

   "It was."

   "That show was soooooo goooood!" Benjamin exclaimed, coming backstage with Angry, Catalina, and Louis.

   "Is it done already?" Varian asked, checking his pocket watch. "We should probably be heading back to the castle. Lance is going to be worried about you two."

   "Awwww..." Angry, Catalina, and Benjamin said at the same time.

   "Yes, c'mon now."

   The kids said their goodbyes and Angry and Catalina went outside. "Well, goodbye. Maybe I'll see you guys around."

   "Yeah, bye," (Y/N) said.

   Varian waved and left. He started walking down the street to the castle, Angry and Catalina not far ahead. He stoped and looked back in the direction the the theatre.

   "I've got no use for moonlight," he sang. "Or sappy poetry
Love at first sight's for suckers
At least it used to be~
Look girls are nice
Once or twice
'Til I find someone new
But
I never planned on someone like you~
"

   Varian smiled to himself, remembering (Y/N). He could tell he was developing a small crush on her. He continued to sing, "I got no use for moonlight~
Or sappy poetry~
Love at first sight's for suckers~
At least it used~ to be~
."

   "Hurry up, V!" Angry called at him. "Jeez, you're slow."

   "Sorry," Varian called back. "I'm coming." But before he ran up to the girls, he turned his head back in the direction of the theater. "But, I never planned on someone like you~~." He then ran off to join the girls.

•1506 words•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 4.2K 16
Princess (Y/n) is the second princess of Corona. Ever since she was born, the king has decided to never let his youngest daughter leave the castle. H...
232 3 22
DARK SIDE OF FAIRYTALES COLLABORATION UNDER PAPERINK PUBLISHING. *** When the Queen of Corona Kingdom fell sick, everyone helped to look for the cure...
1.4K 23 6
On their journey to figure out the mystery of the black rocks that have been plaguing the Kingdom of Corona lately, a group of friends find more myst...
35.7K 1K 51
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...