In Her Eyes, I See The Stars...

Bởi tokwatbaby

Legend of Korra. Korrasami fanfic. Post battle with Zaheer where Asami takes care of Korra. When she leaves... Xem Thêm

Blue Eyes
Caregiver
Farewell for now
Elegance and Grace
Satomobile
"Peaceful child"
Hopeful
Missing
Mission
Reunion
Feelings
Reunion Part 2
Korra Alone Part 1
Korra Alone Part 2
Remembrances
Similitude
Eventful Evening
Quietude
Salvation
Mirroring

Fights

1K 31 22
Bởi tokwatbaby

Asami's head hurt. Really bad.

Blinking her befuddled feelings away, she shifted to sitting upright and found herself in the same hiding position she was in. Only now she was sitting on the ground.

Grazing the back of her head, she noted, no blood. Good. Asami scanned her surroundings once more. She finds the men still surrounding the poor woman, the sixth man who smacked her in the head now in the mix. She wondered how long she was out but seeing that they were still trying to steal the woman's belongings, she was only gone for a few minutes.

She slowly got up and pulled out her glove extensively on her side. Growing up, with the defense classes as part of her all busier schedule, she has learned how to mobilize enough chakra in her body when she's in fighting mode, so Asami doesn't squander easily. She regarded, given the situation, lost consciousness as she was caught off guard. She looked behind her this time, no more surprises. Six men. She can handle these guys. She thought of pressing the button of Tin's invention, but it will take a long time for them to arrive.

Again, fixing her hair, she got everyone's attention, "Hey!" Forming to a fighting stance, "Leave her alone." She called out.

The guy who whacked her not long ago was the first to turn towards her direction, a couple more looked at her, smug expressions, thinking why to bother with a girl like her.

She waited. The guy with the metal rod, in circular motions in his hand, attacked her. "You should've stayed down, lady!"

Asami still waited, and just as he was about to swing aiming at her head again, she moved swiftly to the right, dodging the swift and electrocuted him on his left shoulder.

One down. The two other bandits came rushing towards her simultaneously. Again, she waits, bending her knees, adjusting her center of gravity, one step and does a side flip electrocuting the man on the right side and then switches her footing as she landed, face to face with the other guy.

The guy starts to throw punches one after the other, to which Asami dodges easily. Street fighting, she observed, no proper forms, as she ducked and gutted the poor guy who recovered quickly. Good stamina, though. The bandit continued to attack Asami while she only ducks and dodges, waiting for him to tire when she was again struck at the back. Only this time, it was her lower back. She grimaced at the pain, irritated, she tilted her head to see another guy behind her.

She lifted her feet, kicking the one in front of her and then doing a one-eighty, defensive stance, as he kicked and punched her without ever connecting. She does a backflip, but the guy swiftly moved forward. He tried connecting with his left, only for Asami to grab the fist, and then all too sudden, his right hand slapped her in the face.

Flabbergasted, wide-eyed, she tilted her head and stared at the man who is more shocked by what he did.

He staggered, "Uh- I'm sorr—"

"You did not," Twisting his left arm, the man yelped in pain.

"Just," Asami punched him, "Slap me," for a final blow, she kicked with all her might and let the man stagger against the wall, "In the face." She seethed.

With heavy breaths, she looked around. Four down, slowly getting up. Two more men are now eyeing her with worried looks.

She walked confidently towards the two guys standing between her and the woman. One guy, nervous as he looks, tried to attack Asami, but she quickly dodges the rod and electrocutes him. The last bandit was smart enough to run away from her, but she hesitated as she hears another set of footsteps on the main road.

Green uniforms. She assumed they are from Kuvira's army.

Asami looked back to see the woman still on the ground, and closed the gap, motioning her to stand up. Asami sees the fence ahead of them and quickly instructed the woman to climb.

Groans and screams heard from behind, she hurriedly followed the woman, climbing on the fence. With one quick glance, she sees the bandits being beaten down by green uniforms. Something about the scene didn't sit right in her head.

Now on the other side, she led the woman away from the alley. They found themselves in the street crowd, smoothly blending in, they found an empty driveway, a safer one, as Asami scanned the area fully this time. She can feel her whole body burning from the fight, facing the woman, she asked, "Are you okay? They didn't touch you, did they?"

"I'm okay. I don't know how to thank you enough. I only have this." The woman started pulling out yuans from her bag, and Asami quickly stopped her.

"Oh no. It's okay, really. Please put it back." She smiled at her apologetically, but the woman looked at her, confused.

"But they always ask for money when they save us from the bandits."

It was Asami's time to look confused. "Who?"

"The army. They say we owe it to them. Ever since the queen..." The woman looked down. Asami couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Asami held both of the woman's shoulders and crouched to see her at eye level, "Look, it's not safe in the streets right now." She scanned around the area and again looked at the woman, "Go home to your son, make sure he's alright."

"Thank you. May I know your name?"

Asami hesitated but, seeing the girl scared and confused right now; she didn't seem to pose a threat. "Asami." She straightened her posture as she continued, "I actually have to go now, though."

The woman fixed her clothes and bag and responded, "Right. Is there anything I can help you with? You look beat." She eyed Asami with concern.

She waved the woman off, "I'll be fine. Just... I was wondering if you've heard something about the Avatar staying in town?" Asami asked imploringly.

The woman shook her head ruefully, "No, but there's a warehouse straight ahead," She pointed in the direction behind Asami, "they hold earthbending cage fights. Maybe they can give you answers. People come to see earth benders fight from all over the kingdom."

"Thank you. I should go then. Please take care..." Her tone faltered for the woman to continue.

"Rena."

"Right. Nice to meet you." She smiled at the woman and then went on to the streets towards the warehouse.

"You too!" The woman called out.

Asami walked and passed by rows of stores and family-owned restaurants. On cue, her stomach started to rumble. She went inside one of the restaurants and was greeted by the owner.

"Afternoon, pretty lady! What can I get for ya?" An old lady, the same age as Grandma Yin, came into view as Asami found a table near the windows.

She gave the woman a warm smile and asked, "What's the best dish you have?"

"My! Possum chicken, of course. You won't regret it, I promise!" The woman exclaimed and went to the kitchen.

Scanning her surroundings, she observed some paintings on the wall of the restaurant. Trees similar to the gardens of Zaofu. Asami rested her back against the chair and crossed her arms. A sad feeling washed over her, remembering the moment she had with Korra.

"I'll watch over her as she meditates." Asami looked at Tonraq, concerned about her daughter's well-being. 

"I guess in the meantime, Mako and I will stay here and try to get through to the temple," Bolin added. 

Tonraq responded with a nod, "We'll help Su ready the ship."

Korra and Asami found their way to the gardens, walking on the platform, water surrounding them. They sat both sat down on a square flooring with a tree behind them. Korra seated in a lotus position with Asami on the side, facing her.

"Be careful, Korra." 

She looked at Asami with a meaningful smile, "I will."

People would complain that this would be a dreary afternoon, but not to Asami. 

Hugging herself, she gazed at the Avatar in front of her. Asami observed her facial features, in tranquil, she notes. She was lowering her gaze on her neck, long, toned, perfect. Korra's broad shoulders, muscles, chest, fantastic posture, and her skin glimmering as the light perfectly hit her. And she wondered

Looking back at Korra's face, the eyes, she smiled to herself. The nose is ideal for her face. Her lips and she stopped, lingering on the feature. Thoughts ruminating Asami's mind, wondering what it would taste like. What it would feel like. Her heart was thumping faster, cheeks a tint of red, and her soul realized. A blooming feeling swell up her chest, and slowly, she understood.

After a while, Korra blinked back into reality and locked eyes with Asami.

"Did you find Zaheer?" she asked with concern.

"No, he isn't there." She looks down but continued, "But there's someone I need to talk to."

They stood up, Korra in front. She looked troubled, but eyes set. And Asami thinks the worst. This is Korra. Selfless, loving Korra. She had her suspicions. Slowly reaching for the Avatar's hands but stopped. She retracted with sadness in her eyes. 

I don't want to lose you. She thought. But she never voiced it out. She should've, wondering if it will make a difference then.

She shut her eyes long enough to hurt. The memory hurt her.

Soon enough, her food came, and she started eating after giving a quick 'thank you' to the old lady. She didn't finish it as she lost her appetite once more and walked towards the warehouse again.

Fatigue is starting to get to her as she slowly feels her body aching everywhere. Her eyebrows scrunched together, irritated. She hated this, and her mind doesn't help. Conversations with the Avatar running amok, things she said to Asami that.

'I don't think I can be the Avatar anymore.'

She closed her eyes again, with the hopes of shutting the voice in her head.

'It will only be a few weeks.'

She closed her knuckles into a fist until it turned white. Taking a deep breath, she strutted towards the warehouse, and she could already hear the chants and shouts of the crowd.

She made her way to the entrance and found an empty seat at the corner of the stands. She grimaced at the pain in her back but was able to watch the fight comfortably.

The fighting arena was shaped liked an octagon, scanning the crowd. Most of the people are men betting against the two figures fighting one another. Asami observed that both were women with their built and chest. Their muscles were defined, though. The other woman was bigger, more bulky, dreadlocks braided towards the back. The other girl was slimmer, efficient, but seem to get all the beating.

Her vision started to blur; the shot she took from the head was beginning to throb. She rubbed her eyes and heard a ding, meaning the fight is over. She takes a look at the smaller woman in the ground. She was looking at her face, eyes, nose, mouth. She gasped. The broad shoulders, but slimmer now, the chestnut hair far shorter, the chest, the muscles less bulky but still defined, the caramel skin.

"Korra!" She choked.

Korra was exiting the warehouse on the other side. Asami shoved past the people in the crowd. She heard some comments from the men around her.

"I don't even know why that girl still tries; she always ends up being hurt anyway."

"Three days, it's almost as if she wants to get beaten down."

The guy laughs, "Digging her own grave, I assume."

She shut out the noise. Making her way to the exit, she looks for Korra. Her eyes scanning restlessly around, she sees a figure ahead, walking away. Backpack sling on one arm, sleeveless green shirt, the posture, the walk, those back muscles, she thought. Korra.

Making her way towards the girl, she scurried in between the people in the streets. Why are there so many people right now?

Without meaning to push other people, she looked at them apologetically and tried to stride faster. She caught a glimpse of her back, disappearing in a small motel just across the street.

'I have no use in the world now, Asami.'

She tried shutting her mind off again, aimlessly walking towards the motel. Her fatigue was forgotten, numb at the possibility of Korra being here.

Asami arrived at the entrance, she made her way towards the stairs, but the receptionist stopped her.

"Excuse me, looking to rent a room?" A middle-aged guy stopped her in her tracks as he eyed the heiress warily.

She looked across the stairs and then to the man in front of her. "I'm looking for someone." She stated.

"I'm sorry, we don't just give off information about our guests here." Still eyeing Asami, "Unless," He motioned his hands, rubbing her thumb with his fingers, asking a tip for him to talk.

She narrowed her eyes at the man, but she took out a fifty from her pocket and handed it to him.

The guy smirked and went to his counter, "Any particular names I'm supposed to know?" He grabbed a notebook with the guests' names listed in the motel.

"Korra."

The guys scanned the pages, concentrating on finding the name, "There's no Korra here, Miss. Hey!"

Before the guy could argue more, Asami placed another fifty on the countertop as she stole the notebook from him.

She scanned the names, and to her disappointment, no Korra was listed. As she studied another page, her heart skipped a beat. Naga. Room 213.

She placed the notebook down and went towards the stairs, ignoring the complaints of the receptionist behind her. Asami walked the halls with the man still behind, trying to stop her, "Miss, you're not supposed to come up here. Please, I'll get in trouble."

Asami found room 213 and was directly in front of the door.

"Miss, really—"

She shot daggers at the man telling him to shut it, so he raised his hands in surrender, worry in his features still visible.

Asami held on to the doorknob and twisted it open. She took her steps inside and stopped just behind the door.

"Please close the door and leave." She commanded the man behind her without looking back at him. "Thank you." She added, still looking ahead.

When she heard the door close, she took a deep breath and the woman, her back facing Asami, started to turn around slowly.

Blue eyes were staring back at her, her breath hitched. The girl whispered, and for the first time in three years, she hears her voice.

"Asami."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

187K 4.3K 42
Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life-changing events in their lives. Will the...
210K 5.4K 33
Korra and Asami decide to express their newfound love for each other, only for it to be put to the test by a constant turn of events. WARNING: It's g...
My Avatar Bởi ky

Lãng mạn

41.7K 1K 36
This takes place after korra and Asami's vacation. With both girls in a complicated relationship how does this effect the Avatar (WARNING) THERE WILL...
85.4K 1.5K 20
So this is about korrasami in high school they've been friends for a while and start falling in love but they don't know they like each other so Korr...