To Love Irrevocably [18+]

By sky_is_limit

At twenty-two years old, Sutton Anstein is basically a walking corpse. Growing up with a helicopter mom and... More

To Love Irrevocably
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
End Note

Chapter Twelve

2.7K 116 80
By sky_is_limit

The city is bustling with people tonight. The lights are bright, streets are crowded, and the chilly air is unnoticeable. Honking and mumbling fills my ears as I stand on the sidewalk, waiting for a cab once again. As someone rolls past me with a bike, I think that must be such an acceptable solution to the constant wait for a cab. I could see if a bus runs to where I'm going, but I don't have time to get sidetracked again. Tonight is my night to see Ariel.

When one is hailed, I climb in and enjoy the ride. I take the time to calm my racing heart as we pull up to the place. Earlier, when I realized I didn't know the address, I googled it. Searching 'strip clubs near me' didn't cause Hidden Desires to pull up, so I had to search it by name, and that's when the address came up, and that was after much digging. Makes sense because the place is beyond exclusive.

Thanking and paying the driver, I climb out and make my way to the door. It opens after I knock and before the guard can ask for the password, I rattle it off. "Sugar cubes," I speak, giving him a nervous smile, hoping they didn't change it as a security measure.

Much to my relief, he pulls it further open and allows me in. Blowing out a breath, I fast walk until I get to the main area. Sensual music plays as the girls dance on the tabletops. The low, colored lights don't surprise me this time and neither do the half-naked women. I scan the room, but don't see the familiar red hair I'm looking for.

Sighing, I settle down in a seat where the main stage is. The countdown clock is going and I can only hope she'll be dancing tonight.

"Here alone?" someone asks from next to me. Out of curiosity, I turn my head and look at the guy. He raises an eyebrow, a half smile on his face.

Compared to my casual button down and somewhat nice jeans, he's in a suit with a loose tie around his neck. He must've just gotten off of work and made his way now. The shadow on his face makes him appear older than me, though that's not much to go off of since I don't look my age anyway. His dark brown hair is slicked back, though a strand is trying to break free.

"You don't talk?" he speaks again and I guess this means I'm taking too long to answer.

"Uh, yeah, yeah." I clear my throat, nodding my head. "It's just me."

The guy chuckles and the sound is deep and rugged, matching his appearance. The vibes I get from him are dangerous. He seems like he could break me with just a snap of his fingers. It's not because he looks very strong. No, it's because his cold blue eyes glow with intensity. A lot more intense than I'd like them to be while trained on me.

"And how did you hear about this place?" His eyes narrow as he takes in my flushed face and laid back appearance. "You don't look like a regular."

This time, I shake my head, confirming his words. "This is only my second time. Before, I was with... friends."

"Friends, huh?" He raised an eyebrow before finally taking his eyes off of me and turning to the stage. Perfect timing, because the lights flick off. "You must have powerful friends in a powerful place."

The conversation ends as someone who's not Ariel walks up on stage.

It takes three to five minutes for the dance to end. While the girl is beautiful and she moves with fluidity, she's not the one I'm hoping for. This just means that my search for Ariel is still on.

Next to me, the man twirls a drink in his hands which I never saw him even order. He sits back in the chair, calm and authoritative almost. Ice clinks against the glass as he brings the cup to his lips. Icy eyes meet mine, causing me to reel back slightly. His eyebrows are furrowed and I wonder what has made him so angry in a span of three minutes. What has caused this man to be upset while watching an erotic dance?

"Great to meet you," he mutters before standing. I take in his physique. He maybe has a bit more muscle than I do, but nowhere near the guards in this place, or even Chandler Novak.

Without another word, this guy slinks away. I turn my head to the stage for a split second before looking to where he's walking again. Already, he's gone, nowhere in sight and without a trace to follow. Shaking my head, I stand and stretch. It's time for me to find the little mermaid.

This time, a different guy stands outside the door of the secret way. He's just as muscular, just as intimidating, but he doesn't look at me like I don't belong. Instead, he asks for the password to which I reply, "Sugar tits."

Like before, the words make me blush and I hope and pray the pink lights cause the flush to blend. When the door is clear for me, I nod to the watchman and make my way in. It looks just the same as before. Only a woman stands outside with a man. They hold each other lovingly, in a position that makes me feel as if I'm intruding by looking. Taking my eyes from them, I hurry past until I'm outside Ariel's door. With a deep breath to calm my beating heart, I knock.

It's easier this time. I don't know if it's because I'm eager to see her or because I'm slightly past the mark of infatuation. Whatever it is, it's giving me the courage to do things I would have never done before.

The seconds tick by, making me nervous. Music and melodies mix together from other rooms and I'm not sure if there's any coming from hers since it's all pretty loud. My stomach begins to twist as I realize there's a chance she may not be here. I want to force the pessimistic thoughts away, but I can't. They circle my head, repeating over and over that she's not here, and she doesn't want to see me anyway.

Panic rises in me as my chest constricts. I turn on my heel and eye the door, ready to make a fast dash. One step forward and a sound stops me in my tracks. There are people talking behind me, a male and a female. He thanks her for the dance, saying she was great. She tells him it's her job, there's nothing to it. Then the male brushes past me, barely nodding at me, but stopping to smirk at the loved up couple who are still embracing.

"You gonna stand there all night?" Ariel asks me, her voice oozing with humor. I turn to see her standing with her hands on her hips. She bites her bottom lip, tempting me without even knowing it.

"Um—" I clear my throat and shake my head. "How are you?"

Ariel blows from her nose, a laugh without opening her mouth. "I'm good, pretty boy." She grabs my arm and pulls me into her room. It smells fruity, the scent tickling my nose with affection. Unlike the bar with Amy, this is a better smell. "Another slow dance?"

"Okay." I nod, not knowing what else to say. I want to get to know her, but I don't know how. "Yes, please."

She turns without another word and struts to her vanity. Again, her phone rests, connected to something which I assume is the speakers. With a few taps, a slow song plays. Ariel comes back to me and grabs my hands, placing them on her hips before wrapping her arms around my neck.

Ariel lays her head on my shoulder, pulling me so close our chests and pelvises touch. Fly aways of her red hair tickles my neck, jaw, and cheek. Fruity scents waft up my nose, making me sigh in appreciation. The softness of her hips feel right in my hands, like she's meant to be there.

"You're special," she mutters against my shoulder. I tense, not knowing why she would say that. And she catches herself as she says, "Not in a bad way or a mental kind of way. You're just different, a pleasant change from the normal guys who come in here."

"So... that's good?" I ask, my voice cracking and unsure. Though she said it's a pleasant change, I need to make sure.

A smooth and glorious laugh leaves her as she lifts her head from my shoulder. Her yellow-brown eyes meet mine as they twinkle, even with the dim lights. "Good thing? Hell yes."

Butterflies—no, pterodactyls—fly around my stomach as I study her face. Pink lips glisten with whatever gloss she has used today. Glitter dusts her face, which I'm just now noticing. Pink shadow marks her eyelids, and it makes her eyes pop even more than they already do.

"God, you're adorable." She turns and struts over to her vanity, pausing the music. Pain fills my chest as I wonder if we're done or not. "What are you doing tomorrow, pretty boy?"

I'm confused. In a daze, I stare around the room, wondering just what she's asking and why. There's a tiny and slight possibility that she wants me to come back here. Maybe that's when we'll finish our dance, or maybe she'll be on the big stage again. Does she maybe want me to watch her go? Again, flutters in my stomach make my infatuation all too clear.

"Hello? Are you still in there?" A hand is on my cheek, a soft and warm one. I close my eyes and lean into the grasp. It feels a lot nicer than I would have expected.

"Why?" I whisper the question, my eyes still closed.

"Because I want to take you out," she answers. That's not why I asked, but it's still a brilliant answer. A surprising answer.

My eyes fly open once I finish processing her words. I quiver in a surplus of emotions. Anticipation and nervousness are in the front line of everything. A smile wants to break out because I'm so happy, but I remain slack jawed because I can't fathom why she would want to take someone like me out. Sweaty palms accompany the disbelief I'm feeling.

No one has ever asked me out on a date before. Growing up, I was the odd one out because of my quietness and because I was always nervous around others. Isolation was my friend and bullies flocked to me. To have someone want to be with me... it's unfathomable.

My mind trails in a random direction to Amy. She's one of the few people who have wanted to be friends with me, same with Chandler. But this is different. This is so much more different.

"You want to take me out? On a date?" In my head, I curse myself for how puny I sound right now. The shake in my voice reflects the uncertainty I feel.

Ariel arches a sculpted eyebrow. "A date?" She gives me a look, smiling in a teasing way while remaining sultry. "I never said anything about a date."

The pterodactyls become more fierce, but this time because of embarrassment. My stomach clenches and I grow sick in a fit of self-conscious shame. The weight of the world falls on my shoulders as I berate myself.

Why would you ask that?

Are you an idiot?

Obviously, she would never like someone like me. I can't even properly speak to people, let alone a woman who's so confident, so marvelous. Ariel is a specimen that deserves to have someone on the same level as her. She doesn't need some guy who's just about scared of his own shadow.

"Hey, hey, pretty boy. I was just joking, okay? I didn't mean anything by it, I promise." Ariel grabs my face, softly pulling me down with light force. Her amber eyes glow in concern and it only calms me down a little.

When I don't say anything, she sighs. The sound only sets me back more and I hate myself for being such a burden for her at this moment.

"Tomorrow," she starts, "you, me and brunch. I'm taking you out and it's going to be my treat. Do you understand?"

I make no movements, no sound. In disbelief, I stare at the shorter being before me.

This time, she groans. "I need some response from you, okay? It'll be hard to plan something if I get zero feedback."

"You actually want to date me?" That's all? Come on, Sutton, get it together.

"Yes, and starting tomorrow. So, are you down for a mix of breakfast and lunch?"

"Yes." I clear my throat and nod. While I still feel heavy traces of self-doubt and uncertainty, I agree. It'll just fester until I can get home. "Yes."

Dazzling me with a beautiful smile, Ariel leans up and plants a kiss on my cheek. "Tell me your name, pretty boy."

My cheek flames where her lips used to be. A groan of longing and passion leaves me. Her words had come out as a whisper against my skin and I don't think I can properly adjust to this new feeling or moment.

"Sutton," I whisper, choking out the words.

"Well, Sutton, from now on, you can call me Seren."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 41.9K 81
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...
14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
170K 11.9K 40
There are two rules to being an exotic dancer. Rule 1: Keep the customers happy no matter what. Rule 2: Keep your mouth shut. Landon Powers can't...
904K 33K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...