Polar Opposite Siblings

By gingerblue19

Celia Malfoy and Draco Malfoy are both students at The Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her brothe... More

Welcome to Hogwarts
Troll In The Dungeon?!
Hogwarts For The Holidays And Detention For a Night
A Year Gone!
Third Year Of Hogwarts
First Day Back
The Chamber Of Secrets.
Duelling Club and the Parselmouth
Tom Riddle and The Chamber Of Secrets
Another Year Gone!
Back To Hogwarts
Cup Readings and Flying Creatures
Riddikulus!
Werewolves and A Bad Day Of Quidditch
Helping Harry to Hogsmeade!
Broaden Your Minds Sirius Black is Here!
Another Year Gone!
Quidditch World Cup!
Death Eater March
Welcome To Hogwarts For The Triwizard Tornument!
Class of Horror with Moody
The Goblet of Fire Choosening
Chaos has wreaked at Hogwarts
Task one: Dragons.
Speak of The Devil, The Yule Ball is Coming.
The Hogsmeade Date
Dancing With The Joker
Dress Shopping!
The Yule Ball
Task Two: The Black Lake
Task Three: The Maze
A Day To Mourn The Dead.
Welcome To The Order Of The Pheonix
Back To Hogwarts
Professor Umbitch.
Umbridge Taking Power
Dumbledores Army
The Room of Requirement
Learning to Defend
Defense skills and Charms
Christmas At The Order
Already Back in Hell With Umbridge
N.E.W.Ts and O.W.Ls
The Ministry for Magic
Finally, Another year gone!
The Burrow
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!
Seventh Year of Hogwarts
Back on The Grind
A Surprise For a Malfoy
This Should Be Fun
Lost For Words and Faked Confidence
For Better or For Worse
Home For The Holidays
Back To School Already.
A Posioned Weasley On His Birthday
A Death to Remember
The Eight Harry Potters
A Wedding To Remember
Christmas Eve In Godrics Hollow
The Forest Of Dean
The World is Darker Now
Hogwarts Isn't Home Anymore
The Boy Who Lived
Years Go By But Laughter Never Dies
All Good Things Come To An End

First Day of School in The Wizarding World

1.8K 45 5
By gingerblue19

(Celia pov)

As we were all silent in the class, writing down what Professor McGonagall asked us to write about transfigurations.

Sometimes second years and first years would be in a class together when a curriculum clashes.

Harry Potter and the Weasley kid came running through the doors and into the classroom.

"Bloody hell," I muttered under my breath, they scared me.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" The cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall.

The two boys stared in amazement at her as she stood up straight and crossed her arms.

"That was bloody brilliant," The Weasley kid says to the Professor as she stood with her arms crossed.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time." I held in my laughter as the boys stood in front of the Professor in embarrassment.

"We got lost," says Harry to Professor McGonagall.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," I snorted and the boys glare at me, I pursed my lips and then smile, I got back to writing in my book.

"Miss Malfoy, stop laughing," Professor McGonagall scolds and I cleared my throat and kept writing.

"What's so funny, Malfoy?" My head shot up and I stare at the pair.

"Sorry you got burned by Professor McGonagall," I replied sarcastically before smiling, "I just thought it was funny, no need to cry about it, mate."

"Yeah, yeah save it, your pesky git of a brother gave me some of his dumb piece of mind this morning at breakfast." The Weasley kid tells me and I sighed.

"He's dense, but means well... sometimes," I muttered before I picked my quill up and continued writing. "And remember, I'm in Hufflepuff, not Slytherin."

"Mm," the Weasley kid saw my uniform and rose his eyebrows, "bet your dad is real happy 'bout that," he said to me.

"He knows I'm not like them, but I don't know what he'll do to me," I say in response before seeing Miss McGonagall staring at us.

"Talk later, Malfoy," Harry said to me.

"It's Celia, Potter," I told him before getting back to work.

As everyone was chattering in the potions room, the door suddenly slams open and Professor Snape comes rushing in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few..."

Snape looks at Draco, who smiles at him.

"...Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death."

Draco raises his eyebrows before he nudged me, I look at him in annoyance before watching Snape once again.

Snape's attention was drawn on to Harry who was writing this down in his book.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not... pay... attention." Snape snaps, it was aimed at Harry.

Hermione nudges Harry in the ribs. He looks up and Professor Snape looks at Harry once again, he wanted his attention to be towards him.

"Mr. Potter. Our... new... celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Snape questions Harry as the Gryffindor girl named Hermione skyrockets her hand into the air. Harry shrugged his shoulders at Snape.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape questions him once again, but giving no answer, Hermione's hand shoots up again.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry says to Snape, I don't think he liked that answer.

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" He questions Harry once again, Hermione shot her hand up, trying to gain his attention, but Snape clearly wasn't interested in her answer.

"I don't know, Sir," Harry said to Snape and he rose an eyebrow at Harry in return.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" I just roll my eyes at Snape before looking to Hermione and Harry.

"It's okay, he's always like that," I whispered to them before looking at Snape as he drones on in that monotone voice of his.

As we all sat in the great hall doing our homework, I overhear a student trying to cast a spell. I look up and saw on the Gryffindor table that Seamus is the one doing it.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum," he chants before he looks in his cup and shakes head, "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..."

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" I questioned before grabbing my things and wandered over to the Gryffindor table.

I sat next to Harry and Ron, who's name I just remembered, as I watched Seamus curiously.

"Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before—"

ZAPOOF!

We all look to see that Seamus' cup has exploded. There is laughter amongst the students including us as Seamus' face was covered in charcoal from his cup exploding.

Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.

"Ah. Mail's here!" I look up and then heard someone call my name.

"Celia! You deaf witch!" I saw Draco and sigh as I left my stuff besides Ron and went to Draco.

The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. Draco and I grabbed our letters and we look at each other before opening them.

To Celia,

Make sure Draco is keeping up to date with his work, I heard he got into Slytherin as he should of.

I read your report card and I am impressed, keep working hard and maybe I'll consider getting you a new broom for Quidditch.

— Father.

I pulled the other letter out and gulped, it was from Mother.

Dear Celia,

I'm very proud of you for getting top marks in your Exams, my dear, we heard about Draco being sorted into Slytherin as well. Do look after your little brother, and help him with his studies.

— Mother

"Draco," he snatched my letters before reading it himself.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, I'm not dumb you know?" Draco told me, "I'm already bored here," Draco said as he screwed his nose up, "and stupid Potter, not taking my friendship... he must be loving all the attention."

"Oh Draco, I don't think he does..." I told him, "he seems too awkward for someone that's been lathered in all this attention."

"I don't buy it," Draco sneered at the Gryffindor table as I look in the same direction to see another awkward first year student named Neville.

He was unwrapping a gift, from what I could see, it was a clear ball with a gold ring around it.

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Seamus exclaims.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red," Hermione claims as the smoke turns red, "it means you've forgotten something."

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Draco and I both rose our eyebrows at the ball before I sighed as I pat Draco's back.

"I need to gather my belongings, I'll see you around, Draco," I say and he nods as I walk away and went to the table to grab my books and things.

"Hi, Celia!" I wave at Neville before seeing two red headed boys sitting near Ron and Harry. They were twins, the infamous Weasley twins; the boys continue to laugh and joke about until they saw me.

Those two always caused trouble when our classes joins together, they're third years.

"Hey," I snap out of it and then look at Ron, "you all right?" Ron said.

"Oh..." I look back at the twins before looking back down at Ron. "I'm... I'm alright," I told him before looking at Neville's Remembrall. "Neville, you're forgetting your robe."

"Oh!" He laughs as the smoke clears in the ball, "thank you for telling me, Celia!"

"You're welcome, Neville," I reply.

"Bye Celia," I bid them goodbye and left towards the doors of the Great hall to go to the Hufflepuff common room.

"Hey," I look down at the twins and I noticed their attire before nodding, they're Weasleys too.

"Hello Weasleys," I reply with a kind smile, "what are you two planning? I smell trouble," I joked and they both smile at me.

"I'm Fred," Fred introduces.

"And I'm George," George said and I smile.

"Celia Malfoy," I told them, "pleasure to meet you both, I hope we can be friends at some point." Their eyebrows raise at me.

"Well..." they look at each other before shrugging.

"Sure."

"Why not?"

"Brilliant," I told the pair, "I best be off, I have to study and I like the common room. Good luck with the Quidditch match..." I lean forward, "I hope Gryffindor wins." I whispered before standing up straight and then walked away from the twins.

Classes have been going all day and I feel like I'm gonna pass out, there's just so much knowledge into my brain.

As I walked down the hallway I had the urge to see Professor Dumbledore, I saw Percy Weasley and knew he was the one to ask questions.

"Percy Weasley!" I call and he turns around and looks down at me.

"What is it, Hufflepuff?" He asks me.

"Do you know where Mr Dumbledore is?" I asked him.

"In his Office," I smile awkwardly at him and he realises that I didn't know where that was, "follow me."

"Thank you sir." I reply.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Celia," I reply vaguely.

"Celia...?" Percy pushes for an answer.

"Malfoy," he suddenly stops and looks at me.

"And you're... a Hufflepuff?" He was confused.

"I know... I know, don't even worry, I'm not mean or anything, I'm a second year," I told him, leaning on one leg as I hit him with my shoulder softly, hands behind my back before smiling.

"You know that your family hates mine, right?" He asks, he looked wary and annoyed at the same time, so I clear my throat and look at my shoes.

"They do?" I was confused, I didn't know about that, but then again my father talked about someone named Arthur all the time... maybe that's Percy's fathers name.

"They do," he repeats.

"Oh, that's not good," I mumble while we start walking again.

"You wished to see me, Celia Malfoy?" Dumbledore asks me, Percy waves at me as he left.

"Yes..." I reply, I walked into his office and then look around.

"What is the matter?" Dumbledore questions me.

"I wanted to know why I was put into Hufflepuff if I don't have any of the characteristics. I know I've already been here for a year, but I'm just curious," I told him as I sat down.

"Maybe the sorting hat can tell you," Dumbledore reached up and grabbed the hat before placing it on my head.

"Ah, the most confusing student I've ever had to place somewhere," the sorting hat begins as I deadpanned, "Slytherin doesn't suit you and neither did Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Hufflepuff was my answer..."

"But, Sorting hat... I don't have any characteristics of a Hufflepuff... do I?" I asked him in confusion.

"Ah, yes... the values in your mind of a hard working, patient, and loyal, child... yes, this is why I placed you in Hufflepuff. You tick all the boxes, you're nothing like your family."

"I'm not?"

"No, I see no darkness in your mind... you're too bright for the darkness of Slytherin," the sorting hat replies and I nod my head in understanding.

"Thank you for answering my questions," I say as the sorting hat was placed on the desk before me, I smile at the hat and it smiles back.

"Now do you feel better about your placement?" Dumbledore questions me.

"Yes, I do. Thank you so much," I say to him before looking at the sorting hat, "I bid you farewell and goodnight," I told them as I arose from my seat and bow my head at the pair.

"And Professor Dumbledore... do you honestly believe I'm not like them?"

The old wizard only smiles before he wrote something on a piece of parchment paper.

"Here's a pass, Celia. I don't want you to get into trouble now," I thanked Dumbledore as I took the parchment paper and left his office.

"They must not know you're not a Slytherin..." I muttered to myself as I read my Mother's old letter once again.

"You okay, Malfoy?" I look up to see Harry and Ron along with Hermione.

"I should be asking why you're out, but I don't care, hurry up... Snape's around the corner," I told them and they smile at me before taking off.

I kept walking back to my common room until I heard someone clear their throat.

"Miss Malfoy, do you have any idea what time it is?" I turned around as I saw Snape, I only smile in reply before handing him my pass.

He snatches it off me and used his wand for light as he read it.

"Sorry, Professor, I was at Professor Dumbledore's office," I explain before he read the pass and handed it back to me.

"Carry on, don't dawdle, now will you?" Snape said in his usual monotoned voice.

"Of course not, sir," I reply and then wished him a good night and left to go to the common room.

"Hello Mr Midnight," I whispered as I slipped my shirt on and then got into bed, he hops up and sat beside my arm as I got comfortable.

"Night Celia," I heard Susan whisper to me.

"Night Susan," I whisper back as Mr Midnight curls up beside me and I pet him.

His soft purrs echo through the room and it brought a small smile to my face as the thoughts of the letter drift away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
35.9K 850 33
We all know that Sirius Black was last living black. But was he? Did Regulus Black actually died during First Wizarding War? Read the story and find...
335 61 18
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...
260K 18.6K 143
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá nên chưa check lại được. Toai vẫn đang làm nên quý...