Dark DesireπŸ–€

By Riha_Subha1624

Ever heard of 'Opposites Attract'? This is the kind of story,which will absolutely prove that famed phrase co... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter: 04
Chapter: 05
Chapter: 06
Chapter:07
Chapter: 08
Chapter: 09
Chapter: 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Confusions
Encounter with Mary
Flown Rumours
Worse Circumstances
Different Character of Rose?
Questions with no answers
Kidnapped
Kidnapped Part Two
Never-ending Nightmares
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter 32
New Begining
As the Toxicity Begins
Regrettion
Hidden Opinions
Author's Note

Chapter 12

746 46 5
By Riha_Subha1624

Eran's POV
"Yes,I'm down for it,will be there soon." I replied to Hunter on the call. The time me and Ricky are going to leave this country for further education was in corner so all of our friends wished to go out for one last big tour around the city,not giving one single shit about the other issues which were going on in our lives.

Troubles and issues aren't something we save in the folders of our brain and life, memories are. That's why I believe spending half of the life wandering among the whole world,tasting every delicious food,experiencing every bit of the exhilirations and joys along with the heartbreaks of our lives. One of my other hobby is also to take my father, my hero, on a world tour and enjoy each and every day,out there with him,tasting the leasts of absolutely everything,testing our limits of our tolerance of amusement out there. The man works hard all week and all we ever did was just live our life in the expense of his hard works and never ending sacrifices without appreciating any thing ever.

I parked the car,in front of Ricky's driveway and called him up to inform him about my arrival. As i waited for Ricky i unplugged ,y phone from the charge to check for amy new messages from Rose.  Me and Rose were now pretty close friends as we texted each other almost every second and believe me when I say that! She's seriously the best girl I have ever talked with or is the first GIRL with whom I have been so comfortable sharing everything. Two weeks and it already feels as if i have known her for twenty years or something. 

I run home with excitement gushing through my veins, all for getting that one opportunity to speak to her.  I feel an inexplicable sense of comfort wash over me whenever her silky voice flows through the phone call, leaving me to wish to see her in person and listen to her voice. whenever we start talking, we chatter for hours, our conversation flowing effortlessly as if we were two pieces of a puzzle finally fitting together.

With each word she  speaks, it feels as if a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. As if she could see right through me, through the calls, as if she could see into the depths of my soul and understand the thoughts and emotions I struggle to put into words.

 "Hey man" greeted Ricky, ripping me out of my thoughts. "Let's go?" He said putting on his stupid grin. I guess Jessica and he had a good time together or something. "Hop in" I replied, placing my phone back into the charge. There were no texts from Rose, which not to deny had raised the hair on the back of my neck. I hope she was fine. Late replies arent her thing, it's mine. And yes I regret doing that to her all the time but in my defense all i can say is, she texts me right on times when im not near my phone or when im out with my boys. Also yes, i have noticed her difference in messages when she is mad at me for never replying on time. 

Rose's POV
"Stop looking at your phone for once and give a break to your delicate eyes" said Daisy as I quickly put my phone away. I have been ghosting him intentionally today. Dont blame me, i love speaking to him but I absolouteoly hate it when someone ignores my texts. He told me that he remains busy all the time but I really cant push myself to buy this all the time. Whenever we are talking on the calls he behaves as if I'm the love of his life and the second I'm off my phone, it feels as if we are strangers.

Daisy,Richard,Tina and my other mates broke out into a fit of laughter as I closed my ohone amd put it in my bag. "What do you think about it?" asked Daisy as I shook my head and heard Tina, another friend of ours sigh. "Sorry, I missed out, what are we talking about again?" I asked sipping on the milk shake. "Like the part with the creepy doll!" Tina exclaimed, her eyes wide with excitement. Right. We were talking about the horror movie we watched together last night. 

Staying for three more days, Jenna had returned to her hometown leaving her toxic negativity lingering in the air of my house. Veronica had to pull out major efforts to make us nt run into each other. Whenever i was doing my classes, she made sure Jenna was in her work or something. And whenever i was back home, she already made sure Jenna went to sleep. Can't thank her enough. Watching her breathing and ,oving around in the house in front of my own eyes felt excruciatingly jarring to me.

She is one of the few people who is unfortunately aware of my history and my illicit activities. It feels stifling for me to know that she is aware of the things I wish i could delete from my life. But life doesn't work like that now, do they? You are ought to get punished in this very world for the sins you committed. 

 "I swear, I'm going to have nightmares for weeks!" added Daisy clapping her hands, as I sighed loudly while laughing, a feeble attempt to conceal my emotions. 

"I know, right?!" Richard chimed in, clutching his backpack to his chest as if it were a shield against the lingering fear. So this is what I really appreciate about Richard. He doesnt conceal his emotions and vents it out accepting every bit of it instead of hiding it or bottling it up because nowadays men hide their emotions because apparantly you arent man enough if you vent your emotions. 

"But what about that scene in the abandoned house? I could practically feel the goosebumps crawling up my arms!" I added finally giving in to the group discussion. Languid laughter and joyful  judgments mixed with the remnants of our energies lingered as we all debunked every spine-chilling moment.

"But seriously, who goes exploring in an abandoned house at night?" Tina interjected, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "I mean, didn't they know they were practically asking for trouble?" added Daisy. "But that's the whole point of a horror movie, right guys?" I interjected as Richard chuckled.  Sarah nodded in agreement. "Exactly! It's like a horror movie is considered as a failure if you bring your common senses with you to the table" replied Daisy as I laughed along.

I occasionally checked my phone for a text from Eran but there weren't any. Cant deny how much i long for his presence around me whenever im with my friends. Whenever we are all laughing about something or talking about something new and intriguing I can't help but form a full on conversation with him in my head just to know what he would have had to say.

As my friends continued to analyze each and every movie's plot holes and jump scares and how they would have taken a different step if they were in that specific situation, I noticed how the sun felt hotter on my skin than ever. "Is it just me or the weather is getting really hot nowadays" I said, completely changing the topic. "Agreed, the heat wave is getting worse day by day" interjected Richard. "Yeah the heat is actually getting pretty unbearable, anyways but seriously, I don't know about you guys but if I ever happened to come across a haunted doll my scared ass will sprint for the hills faster than you all can say 'chucky'!" said Tina as laughter erupted once again.

Eran's POV
Today the sun was shining extraordinarily bright. We picked up Hunter from his house,and the rest of our friends as we finally began our tour at 10 O' clock in the morning. The two of us,as in Ricky and I, were very thrilled about this because we had planned to be out the whole freaking day. There was still so news from Rose and it had begun to feel eerie at this point now. As we all had stopped for a little short break from the road trip, i stepped a bit away from my friends and called Rose.

The call first rang in the first trial but she never picked up. Upon calling her again, the call straight went to voicemail, I huffed as i shook my head. I knew this was coming. She must have gotten mad because i couldnt text her back on time. I left another text saying that i missed her and turned off mobile data and ventured back to my friends.

We firstly went to an ancient kinda place where we were all greeted by an enormous structure of huge rock slabs built by God knows who. The difficult imagination about the tough and immense labour it must have taken to build this thing washed over us as we all took turns into clicking the best pictures we could for our Instagrams. We entered the place,paying tickets,and noticed small,winding staircase leading up.

Compared to the history of our hangouts since childhood,this was a very different one. We have never felt that urge to step into ancient stuffs as I find that real boring,thanks to the history books but I m not gonna lie,this place was actually making me happy and giddy. I couldnt help but feel the strong absence of Rose and her weird yet humorous jokes over here. I took a quick glance towards my phone and noticed zero texts from her as i rolled my eyes and continued with my adventure.

Entering inside,felt real awful as our voices echoed and re-echoed in the empty space and looking down from that place,seemed freaking high,leaving us all sick to our stomachs and dizzy as hell. "Hey how's Daisy, Eran?" asked Hunter,the most frequently disgusting asked question. Hooking me and Daisy up is such a thing that they look up to and they are obsessed with how 'beautiful' we look together. Never knew that this word had become a synonym to atrocious.

I sighed and heard Ricky giggling in a hideous manner as I eyed him and his grin dropped. "Uh um,hey Hunter, I hate to break it to you all but our lover boy has finally chosen a girl for himself" announced Ricky, pride beaming in his eyes i dont even know why. I'm so gonna thrash this shithead after the trip. "No,you are joking! Eran and girls, they never go hand in hand" replied Hunter. "Yeah? Then wonder why was I being glued to Daisy" I intervened as they all sprung into giggles like highschool girls.  "No, for real, Jessica told me,that Eran finally found a girl all by himself and is also chatting with her on a daily basis" replied Ricky.

Daily basis my foot!

"Damn brother, someone's turning into a new leaf." said Hunter. "Im turning into a new leaf because Im talking with a girl?" I replied with my mind taunting me asking me if i was sure that she was just another girl. "Where did he get her from?!" asked Hunter, to Ricky with double the interest and completely ignoring the fact that the 'he' he's talking about is right in front of them. "Well for your information, gentlemen, she has a name" I said as they all exchanged shocked expressions as if she isnt allowed to have a name.

"And?" asked Richard. "Rose" I replied looking straight into his blue eyes. "And you are what? Her Jack?" intervened Hunter. I sighed as Ricky burst into a fit of unnecessary laughter. Knew this comment was coming. I crossed my legs while leaning on my car and said with a smile marrying my face "So Im guessing we should just discuss about my life now other than go along with with the tour while I change the architecture of your faces" I stated as they all started to glance towards each other stifling their laughter. "Uh,umm,I think we should continue our trip further, right Hunter?" asked Ricky, grinning as Hunter threw his hands in this air and nodded quickly.

It was evening now,and we all were pretty much tired. Later we all decided to vibe with the weather as we hired a boat,and were strolling around. The weather was lovely mingled with a mild breeze brushing through our hair and the water was so soft and calm along with faint,sweet ripples as the wind kissed the surface. At first, the sky seemed to be on fire with the fiery glow of sunset, streaks of crimson and gold stretching across the vast expanse just like brushstrokes on some canvas. The clouds seemed to be painted into with hues of orange and pink as if kissed by the sun itself.

As more and more time passed, the colors started to deepen gradually shifting from warm tones to cooler shades of cerulean and violet.

The water was a different dark blue,with shiny stones I'm guessing would be visible beautifully in the morning and I swear I could clearly see our faces in the water. Ricky places his arm on my shoulder as I looked towards the golden fishes swimming around the weeds which ultimately brought the heavenly peace in our souls,painting our faces with faint sweet smiles.

We all were stuffing ourselves with food,every passing hour but somehow ended up being hungry all over again. So we got off the beautiful boat and stepped aside for the others to travel as we wandered off to the nearest possible restaurant. There were four texts from my brother who informed me about dad's arrival and him searching for me but none from Rose. It physically hurt how much i missed her golden stature in front of my eyes. She would have gleamed like a goddess in this beautiful place.

After stuffing our stomach with more food we all decided that we needed to head back home. It was a beautiful day,together we had seen a lot, enjoyed a lot and were now going to head towards our abodes and relax and talk about everything that we had seen that evening. It had indeed been a memorable day which will long remain in our memory and we will all cherish it throughout our lives.

After dropping them off to their places, their absence haunted me in the car as the silence enveloped me. I reached home,and plopped right on my bed, my brain barely functioning because of all the adrenaline it released today. My bones felt as if they were melting because of the soft bed beneath me and my eyes felt as if they were on the verge of giving up with a strong war with nothing else but an endless slumber. Before drifting away, I gave a last glance towards my phone and to my surprise there still wasn't a single message from Rose.

What the hell

"I hope she's fine,what the hell" I said, running a shaky hand through my hair every bit of exhaustion deserting my body. I called her and she didn't pick up and that drove me crazier but the fact that her phone wasnt switched off was oddly relaxing.  Finally after waiting for more thirty minutes,she decided to text me back.

Rose: "Hey"
Eran: "Where were you the whole day?! I don't think,you would have come online if I didn't call you"
Rose: "yeah I wouldn't have"

What's up with her attitude

Eran: "Tell me that you are okay?"

Rose: "Absolutely fine,I'm just really exhausted"

Eran: "But where were you the whole day?"

Rose: "I was in the class"

Eran: "You could have texted me? Or were you ignoring me?"

Rose: "yeah I was ignoring"

Wow, that was quick

Eran: "Oh,okay! Not going to disturb you anymore"

And with that, I hung up before she could say anything. I went offline switching off my phone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
895 45 24
A story of unrequited love of an average guy Ishaan,for the most popular girl in his school Avantika.Throughout his schooling, he grapples with his f...
1.9K 162 19
"π•€π•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕, π•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 π•šπ•€ π•Ÿπ•  𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣π•₯ 𝕗𝕠𝕣 π•žπ•– π•π•šπ•œπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕀. π•€π•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕, π•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 π•šπ•€ π•Ÿπ• ...
1.5K 100 21
A girl shifted to the new city with high hopes. Made friends for life. She falls in love, but she didn't know that her love story had a short life. S...