More than a friend

By ishapapa

Set after Shadow Kissed After the attack at St. Vladimir's Academy, Dimitri vanishes from the academy leaving... More

preface
Ch 1: Disappeared
Ch 2: Selfishness
Ch 3: Different People
Ch 4: Changes
Ch 5: Proposals
Ch 6: Road Trips
Ch 7: Home
Ch 8: Plans
Ch 9: Family.
Ch 10: An unexpected visitor
Ch 11: Wishes
Ch 12: Peace Providers
Ch 13: Old Faces
Ch 14: Roles
Ch 15: Responsibilities
Ch 16: Truth
Help! (Author note)
Ch 18: Memories
Ch 19: Familiar Routines
Ch 20: The Past
Ch 21: Burning

Ch 17: Bitchy Mood

903 24 1
By ishapapa

*WARNING TRIGGERING CONTENT BELOW*

CPOV

"What is this?"
"That is the schedule you and your team will work on during this project," said Queen Tatiana.
I woke up this morning with the intention of confronting Rose about her unusual mood last night. You would think after getting my aunt off our case, she would be in a lighter mood. Instead, she seemed almost detached from the world around her. Unlike when she was with Lissa, she wasn't oblivious to the world around her. She just ignored it. However, my plans fell through when I received an email to go to Her Royal Highness's office.
I barely had enough time to shower and get dressed before I had to sprint to her office on the other side of court. Her email was very vague, just stating that she wanted to meet with me this morning. My immediate thought was that she wanted to replace me as head of the program, and she wanted to do it in person. Which just seemed odd since she had people to do that for her, but when I got there, I was given a file. Written in big bold letters read 'The Three-Week Project.'
"Three weeks? How do you expect us to organize and train a team of moroi people whose magical capabilities are limited to lighting a candle in three weeks? It's impossible."
"I'm aware of the challenges you face, Mr Ozera, but we are at a time crunch. We've just received reports of another strigoi attack. Seven dead, four moroi, three guardians," she paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. "One of the victims was a child." I fell back into my chair, loss for words. "The young child was found in the bedroom of the home. There were signs on her body that led us to believe that she was raped before she was drained of blood," said Tatiana in a struggled voice. I felt my blood boil, and I gripped the edge of the table so hard my knuckles turned white. The thought of those sick, soulless, pieces of shit coming near Sofia, let alone touching her, made me want to burn every single last one of them in an eternal inferno where they could never escape .
Tatiana's voice snapped me out of my murderous thoughts, "I understand that this may seem like an impossible task, but we have no other option. We have to do this as fast as possible. That is why you're leaving this evening."
"Leaving? What are you talking about?" I asked, completely taken aback. "You and the team will be leaving for St. Vladimir's Academy this evening. You have the day to recruit whoever else you feel could be useful to this project. If not, then we move forward with those who we already have."
"But why St. Vlad's? We have all the facilities and personnel here?"
"Because you will have a better chance of finding moroi at the academy who will be willing to learn how to fight. I've heard of the illegal fight clubs that were forming around there, and I think it's time we use them. Also, I don't want to risk having this be put on hold due to political issues that may arise. So, while you train the moroi at the school, I will calm the storm that will most assuredly turn up."
It made sense. I can't believe I forgot about the political uproar this would bring. But if there was one place I didn't go to more than the moroi court, it was St. Vladimir's Academy. But what choice did I have?
"What time do we leave?"

XxX
RPOV

Within an hour, the team and I were notified about our plans to leave for Montana. Everyone agreed without complaint, and soon we were all boarding the private jet to the prestigious vampire academy in the middle of nowhere. There were ten of us. Adrian, Lissa, Mia, Tasha, Louis, who was a talented earth user, and Christian. The dhampire were Eddie, Dimitri, James, myself, and of course, Sofia, who was bouncing with excitement to be flying for the first time.

She was also really curious about seeing the academy. It would be the first time she would be surrounded by not only people but children just like her. Despite being amongst children at her preschool, Sophie found it difficult to make friends. We could blame some of it on her spunky personality, but we knew the real reason was because she simply didn't fit in with them.
From a young age, she knew who she was or, more specifically, what she was. This made her acutely aware that she was different. She was much more developed athletically than the other children, to a point where they would exclude her from games. Mentally, she was much more mature as well and didn't have much patience for simple things that entertained the minds of the children her age.
I guess that was my fault since I had treated her more as an adult than as a child. But that was just how we were. I would be open and honest with her (to an extent), and she would be blunt and straight with me. However, that's not the most endearing quality most six-year olds look for in a friend.

In the academy, however, that was the mindset of most of the children. Being exposed to the unfiltered world of vampires, magic, and monsters leaves people unfazed by most things. It also has them yearning for the mundane nature of human lives, which give Sophie the advantage of enjoying the best of both worlds.

For now, after bouncing around the little jet and playing rock, paper, and scissors with Adrian for half an hour, she had dozed off in her seat. I felt like taking a nap as well. This last two or three days had been brutal, and it really messed up my sleeping pattern. I let out a huge yawn, stretching my arms and body all the way back in my comfortable reclined seat. "I'm so tired," I groaned.
"Same here," said Christian, leaning his head back against the headrest, closing his eyes. We were at the back of the plane. Christian and I sat next to each other with Sofia sleeping across from us. To our left was Eddie next to Mia and Adrian and Lissa across from them. Up front with their backs to us was Louis and James, and across of them were Tasha and Dimitri, who were directly in my eye line. I did my best to ignore them, but the nagging words of Tasha still lingered in my ears.

"I think the last time we traveled this much was when we went off on our own," mused Christian. "At least we're traveling in style this time."
"And without the motion and morning sickness," I added. We both laughed. "C'mon, it wasn't that bad," said Christian.
"Says the man who wasn't getting nauseated by the smell of petrol and throwing up three times a day."
"Hey, I made sure the car was packed with fabric softener to overpower the smell of the gas, and I had to put up with your complaining, so don't act as if you suffered alone. To this day, I can't look at fabric softener without seeing vomit," said Christian with a faraway look of horror on his face.
"I genuinely worry about you sometimes," I said, shaking my head.
"I could say the same to you," he said, giving me a sideways glance. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Your mood. You've been acting weird since last night. I thought you would actually be happy that my aunt bought that story, but instead, you've just been...blank."
"Nothing is wrong. I'm fine."
"Tell that to your face, tone, and body language because that doesn't look or sound fine," said Christian, rolling his eyes. He picked that up from Sophie, who had picked it up from me. I now see why everyone found that habit annoying because it sure irritated the hell out of me.
"I'm tired, okay. I'm allowed to have off days. And you don't see me bitching when you have yours," I snapped at him. He stared at me for a moment then unbuckled his seat and got up. "Where are you going?"
"To get a drink. If I'm going to get a headache on this flight it's going to be because of alcohol, not your pissy mood," and with that he left to the bar.
I'll admit I was being a bitch and Christian didn't deserve to bear the brunt of things because of other people's mistakes. But I was mad, tired, hurt and, to be completely honest, a little hungry. So forgive me if I was going to be snappy mood. All I wanted was some peace and quiet for now. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
Soon Christian's empty seat was occupied by the thin, pale figure of Lissa. I felt the sudden nerves that coursed through her body. She was nervous to talk to me. "Hey," she greeted shyly. "Hey."
"How've you been? I wanted to come and say hi earlier, but I didn't want to disturb you guys," she said looking down after the subtle acknowledgement of her ex. "I'm okay. A little tired, but surviving," I said with a friendly smile. "And you?"
"Same. Isn't it weird that we're going back to the academy?" she asked.
"I guess so."
"Do you think it will be like old time?" she asked wishfully.
"I hope not," I snickered. "Huh?"
"I mean a lot of stuff happened at the academy. What part of 'old times' are you talking about, Lissa?" I asked. I didn't need the bond to know she was uncomfortable. The redness on her said it all.
"When things weren't umm..."
"Screwed up?" I offered.
She laughed awkwardly, "I was going to say complicated, but that sums it up perfectly."
We both laughed. Strangely it was relaxing to be near Lissa again. I definitely didn't feel like old times but it wasn't awful either. We spoke for a while, about moroi training, about old memories of us at Portland, about her life at court, about my life at New Jersey.

"She's absolutely beautiful. She looks just like you," said Lissa with her eyes on the sleeping Sophie across from us.
"Thank you. Christian calls her a mini me, but I think she has adopted Christian's personality." I felt a trickle of regret from Lissa as she focused her attention to her hands. "Rose, I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you."
"Lissa, you don't have to- "
"No, I do. I need to say this because you deserve to hear it. I was a bitch, Rose. A horrible excuse of a friend. You were more than a friend to me, you were my sister and I treated as if you meant nothing to me. When you needed me most, I turned you away and I hate myself for it. I was stupid and jealous. Jealous that I wasn't the priority in your life. Selfish because I expected you to sacrifice everything for me when I couldn't even give you a shoulder to cry on. I understand that you probably hate me, but I'm so, so sorry for everything, Rose." By the end she was crying and gripping my hand.
"It's done Lissa. I've forgotten about it and you should too. And in case you forgot; I've already forgiven you. I have never and will never hate you," I said wiping away her tears. She flung her arms around me and hugged me with all her might and I did the same. After so many years, I felt a bit of tension roll off my shoulders with finally being united with my bond mate and best friend. "I've missed you Rose."
"I missed you too."

"This is your captain speaking. I've just turned on the seatbelt sign, all passengers to please return to their seats. We will be landing at St. Vladimir Academy shortly."

I smiled and reached over to gently shake Sofia, "Wake up, sweetie. We're at the vampire academy," I said as I turned to wink at my best friend.

****
Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the overall story so far.
I have recently uploaded my new and first original story onto wattpad called Flockless Birds. If you enjoy gangster themed books with a bit of a twist, then go and check it out and even if you don't just try it, you won't regret it...I hope.

That's all for now. Byee
****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 119 10
What if you fell in love but could not marry that person because your parents had set up a union as soon as you were born? What if there was a way to...
12.4K 221 36
Vampire Academy Fanfiction Sets after the cabin, one night with the love of her life can change a lot. Will she be able to challenge everything? Dim...
19.6K 544 31
This story takes place 2 years after the book Last Sacrifice. It fallows Rose when Robert comes back for revenge for his brother's death. In this sto...
16.4K 576 12
Rose's life has always been crazy. But this time, things are about to get crazier than ever before. Leaving the academy and her friends behind with D...