Where I Belong #Wattys2021

By _Christy97_

Amelia's life is shattered when a tragedy befalls her. All she ever wanted to do was escape from her reality... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

16 3 0
By _Christy97_

"What going on here?" Adrien asked his voice full of skepticism. I should be annoyed that he was glaring at me with such doubtful eyes, rather I was more afraid of facing him.

"It's not what you think Adrien." I mutter which earned me a stronger stare.

"Majority of people who say it's not what you think is precisely what we ought to think Mia"

Okay, I'm mad.

I'm offended, bitch!

"Are you saying you're doubting me?" I snap. He didn't feel guilty. More like he was pressing me to reveal the truth.

"I have no idea who the hell this guy even is!"

"That's rude. You do know who I am. I'm Shyne"

Yeah. That helps a lot kid.

"No one cares what your name is kid."

Adrien took a couple of steps towards us. My feet were about to take steps back. But I forced myself to stay still. It'll just make things worse if I stepped back. And why should I? I did nothing wrong.

"So you don't know who the guy is yet you allow him to touch you?" His gaze was now pressed on Shyne's hands on my waist.

"Look," I start sighing "I tripped okay? And the kid helped me from falling on my butt."

"And he just so happened to be there to rescue you?"

"No, he fucking superman'd himself here to save a freaking girl who was, oh! Trying to run away from a guy who bloody confused her!" I didn't mean to yell but fuck you all. I'm mad and beyond pissed.

"So that's why you were running like a roadrunner? From him?" Shyne asked. He doesn't look bothered more like excited as if he'd received some wonderful juicy news.

Sigh.

And I thought girls were drama.

"Why?" Adrien's voice cut through my thoughts. "Why did you run away?"

Seriously? Did he actually ask me such an obvious question?

"Maybe you did something naughty while she was asleep? Hey is it true that the two of you live in the same house?" The guy behind me said wiggling his chocolate brown eyes at me and Adrien.

"Which class are you in?" Adrien asked ignoring his statement while my face was beetroot red.

I'm like a freaking virgin!

Uh, Amelia? You are a virgin.

Okay okay, conscience, I know.

"First year, class four." Shyne replied nonchalantly. Most of the time the guys of this school hate to confront Adrien. And if they did, they wouldn't talk in such a manner. This Shyne guy was something else I tell yah. He oozed funny business.

"Your Shyne Fendis aren't you?"

Shyne's eyes lit up at once when Adrien recognized him.

"How'd you guess so correctly?"

"Mia," he cleared his throat, "Amelia, mentioned your name. You're the only Shyne in the first year. Apart from that, I've got complaints about you."

"From girls?" The weird kid asked his eyes twinkling

"Guys," Adrien said with a rough tone. "Guys complaining you stealing their girlfriends and then breaking off with them"

No shit. I knew this guy was funny business. But he's more than a Playboy

I stared at him, which turned to a glare. Was this pipsqueak (humongous guy) trying to hit on me earlier? If he was trying, I'm so giving him a wedgie.

He just shrugged like breaking hearts was no big deal.

"It's not my fault they fall for me even though they've got boyfriends."

"Watch that tone of yours Fendis. Don't forget who you're talking to."

Okay, Adrien is getting mad, beyond blood boiling and it's not a good sign. I forget the whole kiss scene and awkward atmosphere between Adrien and me. I've got to drag the guy away before another scene is created. The last thing we want is for Adrien to get his hands dirty in his final year of school. And this Shyne guy wasn't going to back down without a good snarky argument.

"What's going on?"

Yes! Student body president to the rescue!

"Evan!" I exclaimed so happily even he was taken aback at my enthusiasm.

"Yes, Amelia Brooke? And is that you Shyne Fendis? What are you doing here?" Evan asked the latter from a now bouncing Shyne.

Does this guy really call everyone by their first name and surname except his girlfriend and Adrien?

I didn't have to explain the situation to Evan. He picked up the dark aura emitting from Adrien and guessed what was going on.

"The bell is about to ring. Let's head back to class Adrien. You two get going as well." Evan said, grabbing hold of Adrien's arm and then looking at Shyne and me. I gave a nod while the other just gave a blank expression. As if he's getting bored, now that the drama's come to an end.

"Get going," Adrien growled at the first-year kid.

Wow. Cranky much? Nothing happened and he's this mad?

"Alright fine. I'll be going, Student body vice Prez" he said the latter with air quotations, mocking Adrien and a smirk on his lips.

Is this guy suicidal? Does he wanna get beat up?

He then turned to me with a flirtatious smile. "I'll see you later Amelia." And with a wink, he turned back and walked away half skipping.

Later? Who the fucks gonna meet you later?

This kid is on bloody drugs!

Wait.

Shit!

"Are you sure nothing is going on? You don't usually meet someone later, if not acquainted Mia." And ladies and gentlemen, he spoke.

Sighing and then groaning I lift my head to meet Adrien's eyes which were already glued to me.

"Look grumpy, I barely know the kid. No, let me rephrase that, I just saw the douche a couple of minutes ago. I even got the kid's name wrong after he introduced himself for fuck sake! So drop the mad-dog act and calm down. I'm not meeting him, neither you nor anyone in that matter. Bye!" and I storm away, huffing in annoyance.

Damn it all!

I quick stride, almost jogging and then dashing towards my class. I enter it, mumbling to myself earning a few stares from my classmates.

Ninnon gave me a 'we're-having-a-talk-later look as she went back to writing on the student journal about some crap. Pierre, on the other hand, was staring at me so sharply, it made me sweat. As if I'd committed some crime.

"So, what is the juicy drama today Miss. America?" Benjamin, the class's second clown spoke in a news anchor-ish way, holding his rolled-up textbook as a microphone, grinning from ear to ear.

"Zip it Benjy boy" I snap as I plump myself onto my chair.

"Zip it? But it's already zipped?" I heard Benjamin saying to himself. Looking at him, I find him staring at his trouser zipper and then back at me confused.

God help this child.

I hit my head on the desk a couple of times and then rub the poor aching thing. By then Pierre and Ethan were standing beside me.

"Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood to be explaining stuff."

"You just got back to Lyon, and there's already drama in your life? Who's the girl and which class is she from? Is it Vivienne?" Pierre asked hitting his balled fist into his other palm, like some weird gangster ready for battle.

"Leave me out of this Thomlinson," Vivienne yelled from the back, where she was surrounded by her cronies.

"It's not her idiot. Neither any girl." I groan, covering my face with my books.

"So what did Adrien do this time?" Ninnon, who had completed whatever the hell she was doing, turned to face us now.

"Why do you always assume it's him?" I ask. Seriously, am I always in a grumpy mood cause of Adrien?

She just shrugged.

Yeah, that answers the question Ninnon. Thanks.

"So?" all three said in chorus.

What are we in the Opera?

"It's not Adrien." I'm not entirely lying. It's partially his fault, but not entirely. So it's not considered lying. If I reveal to them that he had kissed me, I'm afraid of what Ninnon would do.

Urrr... just the thought sends me shivers.

"It's some new kid who's being an ass-hole. He was stirring up Adrien, making him blow up."

"New kid? What's his name?" Ethan spoke up, coming to the front of my desk, and looking down at me.

"Some Shyne-" but before I could finish, Pierre grabbed hold of my hand, squeezing it hard hurting me in the process.

"Shyne Fendis?" he asked in a hurry.

"Yes, Shyne Fendis." I snapped, taking back my hand. What's with these people?

"Why did you have to go and get muddled up with that dude Amelia?" Pierre groaned, taking off his baseball cap and messing his strawberry blonde hair.

"What's the deal? Is that guy, that dangerous?"

C'mon. Noah A-hole is worse and I've dealt with him just fine. This guy couldn't be worse. Right?

"More like super annoying and obnoxious when he clings onto you." Ninnon sighed. "He tries to hook up with every pretty girl in school, irrespective of if she's having a boyfriend or not."

"Yeah. I heard it from Adrien. The kid kept riling up Adrien. Thank heavens Evan came by."

"Is this kid interested in you?" Ethan asked. There was a slight worry in his tone.

"Uh, no? We just bumped into each other and he happened to help me on my foot when I was about to trip and fall." I sighed thinking back to what had happened. "Thus, creating bull-crap imaginations in Adrien's mind that something is going on between us."

I didn't mean to say the last bit out loud. And this was why. The moment I uttered those words, Ninnon, Pierre, Ethan, and even Florence and Theo who were close by pounced on me like some hungry animals.

"Are you interested in that boy!?"

Yeah, yell away people. Let the whole school know I'm interested in some guy I don't even bother seeing again.

"Will you lot, please, shut the eff up?" I scream back at the idiot crew. "I don't even know the kid. Let alone interest? Are you all on drugs?"

Seriously. What is with today? I wanna go home and eat aunt Fel's cooking and go to bed, goddamnit!

"Can Miss Amelia Brooke, of year two class two, come to the principal's office at once. Thank you." The school speakers blared inside our classroom.

Principal? Uncle Cam? What the hell does he want now?

I push back my chair and get to my feet, but Ninnon blocks my way. I stare at her waiting for her to say something but then she just sighs and removes her hand from my path.

"Ninnon?" I ask and she just shakes her head.

Ooookay? What the hell?

I look at her one last time confused, and then walk out, heading to the first floor.

As I descend the stairs I take the right. Uncle Cam's office was further to the end. I stopped for a brief moment and was about to start walking when a rough, yet hunky voice spoke from behind me.

"Amelia? Wow, I said we'll meet later but damn, didn't know it'll be this soon."

Shit. It's the trouble-maker. I glance behind and notice him hopping towards me. One look and I sprint towards the principal's office.

"Hey! What the-" he shouts but like I give a damn to what he's about to say.

I bang open the door without any respect to the authoritative man behind these doors and then shut it loudly.

Panting I fix my hair and turn around finding a surprised Uncle Camille.

"What happened to you? What kind of disaster did you run away from?" he asks coming from behind his humongous chair.

It's not fair that this guy is the only one who gets to sit on such a posh looking chair, while we have to hurt our butts on wooden seats.

"Nothing." And I snap again at the man who has nothing to do with my temper.

"What did Adrien do this time?"

Alright, I've had it!

"Knock it off! Why is it always Adrien? Why are you all pairing the two of us ALL the freaking time, geezus." I breathe heavily once I'm done yelling. I hope this room is silent-proof.

"Uh... since that kid loves you?" Uncle Cam made me choke on my own breath if that's even possible.

"Wh-what?" I look at him, mouth wide open. He then chuckles and throws me a joking smile.

"I'm just messing with you Mily." He said with a teasing tone. The nerve of this man!

"I'm poisoning your soup tonight," I growl and that makes his smile falter.

"You wouldn't dare!" he gasps and this time I smirk evilly. You so do not mess with Amelia Brooke.

"Watch me." I wish I could laugh like some evil witch but it'll just be me making some horrendous gurgling noise like I'm about to vomit.

"Wait. I'm not home today!" he exclaimed happily.

Did this small-minded man actually think I was going to poison him?

"Neither will Sis and her husband be home." Wait what? "I'm off to an official meeting held at Grenoble, while Adrien's parents are off to visit his grandparents in Macon. I thought Fel told you about this?" he was now worried that I was not notified about all this.

Is that what she was trying so hard to tell me last night and this morning? I was so busy trying to run away from Adrien, that I didn't talk to her much, let alone let her speak.

Oh god.

Oh my god.

Does that mean...

"Oh fuck!" I run out of the room and up the stairs in a panic. Please please please don't let me down, god.

"Ninnon!" I scream even before I enter the classroom. I grab her by the shoulder, shaking her so hard, her teeth were rattling. "You have got to save me. Please" I plead.

"Save you? From what? What did the Principal want from you?" she asked all muddled up.

"You have to come over to my place for a sleepover."

"Um Amelia..." she starts

"Yeah?" I say nervously.

"It's Friday today. I already mentioned that I'm off to an art exhibition with my parents this weekend."

The tiny ray of light which was starting to spread vanished. I could only stare at her now, unable to think.

"I'm sorry. It's in Paris, and the flight tickets are already booked." Ninnon ends. "But what happened? Tell me that first."

Before I could open my mouth to utter a single word, our French teacher comes in and announces that we are supposed to finish all written activities in the textbook from page 43 – 55. The whole section in which I wasn't present at all in class, let alone France. And an essay to be written solely in French on 'Are we too addicted to Computers"

Just great. And the only person who helps me with French apart from Ninnon is the guy I'm trying to hide away from.

I hate my life!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.9K 20
"Because you're smart and I know you wouldn't tell anyone." He gulped. No, he knew because I didn't have anyone to tell. "What's in it for me?" I as...
36.1K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...
3.9K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
308K 6.6K 68
This book needs editing, the first chapters aren't very good, but the story gets better as you read on! There was only one thing that Amelia White ne...