WAS IT WORTH IT ↛ ARTHUR MORG...

By billyscigarette

" 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊, 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖘𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙... More

The beginning
We meet again
Reunited?
Moving Camps
Trouble in camp
Chapter 6
Rescue Mission
Closure
Mary Linton
Unexpected
Surprise
Forgiveness
Tuberculosis
Visiting Hours
A "Perfect" Day
Realisation
Just Another Day
A/N
The Truth Comes Out
Eleanor Schuu
Someones Gotta Go
The Truth Comes Out II
Surprise
Its all Over
Distracted
Bounty Hunters
Sacrifice
Just get it over with
And I Lost You
Its You
Trouble In Strawberry
The Ranch
Mistake
We Get What We Deserve
Her Passing
A/N
New story!

I'm Afraid

628 12 1
By billyscigarette

☁︎ ✰♩✰♩✰♩✰♩✰♩ ☁︎

I pushed John away from me right away, a shocked look on my face.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I crossed my arms under my chest.

"I. Love. You." He said with a neutral tone.

"No you don't!"

Johns blank face quickly turned to anger. "You can't tell me if I love you or not, Y/N!"

"But I can tell you that I don't love you! I can't love you." I immediately regretted what I just said, I saw the pain in his eyes. "No John, I mean-"

"It's okay, I get it." He turned away from me and rode off on his horse.

I walked back to camp, pondering on what I would say to John when he got back to camp. Would we stay friends or is he gonna shut me out?

Tilly walked up to me with a smile "Hey Y/N-"

"Not right now, please." I hid my face from her and ran to my tent, I got onto my cot and laid down. Tears filled my eyes, fearing I had lost John forever. He's been my best friend for as long as I could remember.

Tilly walked in with a worried expression. She sat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I burst into tears, she sat there and comforted me, rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?" She asked me with a soft voice.

"I don't wanna talk about it.. Is Arthur in camp?" I sat up, putting a weak smile on my face.

"No, Dutch sent him out to do somethin'." Tilly continued to rub my back. All my tears had dried and I finally calmed down. "You sure you don't wanna talk about it?"

"I just need some time alone." Tilly nodded her head, an understanding look on her face. She got up from my cot and walked out of the tent.

I grabbed my book and read from where I left off. It was getting more interesting. The rich man, Carlos, is finally realizing that he's in love with his maid, Yasmin. He's not too sure what to do though because his parents would never approve of her.

I continued reading. After about 20 minutes of reading I realized I only had two chapters left. I quickly closed the book, wanting to finish it later. I laid back down on my cot and took a quick nap.

Someone shook me awake, I turned over to Arthur, who had an annoyed look on his face. "C'mon, we have to go help Charles with somethin'." I stood up from my cot, my eyes adjusting to the bright sun.

"What's goin' on?" I looked up to him, I could tell he didn't want me going.

"Rains Fall needs us to keep the peace at some meeting of his." I nodded, grabbing my gun belt and hat.

"Well let's go!" I walked past Arthur, out my tent and to my horse. The three of us mounted up and rode out of camp.

We went down a path, coming to view of a camp. Rains Fall hitched his horse, following with his friend. Me, Arthur, and Charles all got off our horses and followed rains fall to a table where the Colonel and Captain Monroe were.

"Colonel Favours, Captain Monroe." Rains Fall greeted them, a small smile on his face.

Arthur, Charles and I stood beside him, receiving some dirty looks.

"Who are they?" Colonel Favours asked, taking a quick glance at the three of us.

"They're friends of my people." Rains Fall replies with a calm voice.

"And you brought a woman?" The colonel said, giving me a disgusted look before turning back to Rains Fall.

"Yes, I trust her. She won't cause trouble." I kept my composure, fighting against the thought of punching that man square in the jaw right now. I clenched my fist, looking down at the ground.

"So, Mr.. Um.." Colonel Favours trailed off.

"Chief."

"Ah, yes. I can't say that silly name." Colonel Favours chuckled, I gave him a dirty look which I know he noticed because I got one back from him.

The colonel began to start talking to Rains Fall. Arthur went into a coughing fit and I could see the annoyance on the Colonels face.

"How about you go get some water?" The colonel shot his gaze over to Arthur. "The woman can go with him. You!" He looked to one of his men. "Direct them to a tent and get this man a water."

The man led us over to one of their tents and went off to get some water.

"That mans ridiculous!" I threw my hands in the air. "What gives him the right-"

Arthur cut me off, "Just calm down, don't start any trouble." I sighed and leaned against the cot, Arthur finally stopped coughing. They brought him some water and he only took a sip of it.

We heard talking from outside the tent and Arthur went over to listen. I didn't bother to listen, I just sat there, reading over my journal.

"You alright now?" The man from earlier walked up to the tent.

"Yeah, Im fine." Arthur stood up and walked over to him.

"How about the lady stays-"

"The lady is coming with me." Arthur gave the soldier a stern look, I stood up and followed them back to Rains Fall.

"Good day, Colonel Favours." Rains Fall said, standing up and walking to his horse.

The Colonel and Monroe started arguing. All of a sudden Favours shot up from his seat and yelled, "Treason!"

Arthur immediately grabbed one of the men from behind and held a gun to his head. "Let him go."

"What is he doing?" I whispered to Charles.

"Just go along with it." Charles responds to me, grabbing Monroe and aiming his gun at the Colonel.

We started walking back to the horses, Arthur still had his gun aimed at the mans head.

"I don't wanna kill this man, but I shall!" Arthur yelled to them.

He quickly pushed him away, we got on our horses as they all started shooting at us. We raced off down the path, shooting down the men that followed us.

We stopped somewhere off the path and were soon surrounded. I took cover behind a tree and started shooting.

They started to retreat and I holstered my gun. I walked over to Arthur, a few bullets had grazed me but that was it.

"Are you okay?" I asked, brushing off the dirt from my shirt.

"Yeah, I'm good." He turned to Charles and Monroe. "Let's split up."

"Good idea, I'll take Monroe." Captain Monroe and Charles got on the horse and rode off.

Me and Arthur walked up to our horses and started riding aimlessly. We stopped in front of a train and turned to see Reverend Swanson sitting on one of the benches with his luggage.

"I'm gonna talk to him real quick, stay here." Arthur said, getting off his horse. I nodded and watched him walk over to Swanson. They started talking but I couldn't really hear them. I decided to get off my horse and get a little closer without being too obvious.

"I'm afraid." I turned to Arthur, he had a sad look on his face. They started talking quieter so I couldn't really hear what they said after that. I went back to my horse and brushed its mane.

"All aboard!"

Swanson said his goodbyes to me and Arthur and boarded the train. Arthur got on his horse and let out a dry cough.

"What are you afraid of?" I spoke with a calm voice, I was looking down at my horses mane.

"Nothin'." Arthur started riding off. I ran in front of his horse and stopped. "Move, Y/N."

"Why can't you talk to me, Arthur? We used to be so close-"

Arthur cut me off, "That was before you left the gang, I ain't gonna just start opening up to you." Arthur had a stern look on his face but I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Look, Im trying to make things better!" I shouted, I can't believe he was still upset about this. I thought we were past this.

"Well, try harder." Arthur had his horse go around me and rode off. I caught up to him and stopped my horse in front of him again.

"What is your problem? Seriously, try harder?" I furrowed my brows in anger. I looked his face but it's as if he wiped all emotion from him.

"I-I'm scared, Y/N" His voice broke. Arthur stepped down from his horse and leaned against a tree, looking down at the ground so his hat covered half of his face.

I stepped down from my horse and walked towards Arthur, a sympathetic look on my face. I wrapped my arms around him. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me. I looked to him but he didn't meet my gaze. I quickly took his hat off to reveal his eyes swelling in tears.

"Arthur, what's wrong?" I asked with a soft voice, I'd never seen him look this broken before.

"It's nothin'." He said, pushing me to the side and walking away. I grabbed his arm and turned him to face me.

"What's going on? Why won't you talk to me?" My lip quivered as I saw a tear escape his eye.

"I said, I'm fine." He wiped away his tears and pulled my hand away. I grabbed his arm once again.

"Talk to me." I looked at him with a caring look. Arthur looked down at me with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

He heavily sighed and sat up against a tree. I sat down next to him, waiting for him to say something.

"This whole things almost over, and I know everybody else is gonna be okay... But I know you won't be." He turned to me with a sad expression. "Because I ain't gonna be around much longer."

I felt my chest ache from those words. "I don't wanna talk about that."

"Well we're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later, Y/N. What are you gonna do when I'm gone?" His voice broke mid-sentence. He grabbed my hand, I just looked down at my lap.

"I-I don't know, stay with Tilly?" I shrugged, wiping my nose. "Why does it have to end that way?"

"I don't know, darlin'. I don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 791 21
you have been with the O,driscolls for 4 months, the worst 4 months of your life. they picked you up when you were on the run from your past. you had...
142K 3.5K 46
ever since your family was killed by a gang of outlaws, you've lived your life on the run. you had to learn to survive on your own and protect yourse...
209K 6.3K 47
Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when suddenly, unexpected guests drop by. All b...
99.9K 2.3K 20
(Y/n) (l/n), a name that everyone knew. Being right hand man of one of the most famous gang leaders has it's perks. The O'Driscolls were one of the m...