Sincerely, Yours

By Lynnlovesjin

"Hey! What's your name?" The stranger looked back and smiled. Namjoon's heart fluttered again. "Kim Seokjin... More

Intro
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
Epilogue
Acknowledgements

10

56 2 0
By Lynnlovesjin

Namjoon was as expected, studying. He was so engrossed in the book he was reading that he didn't realize his omma called out to him saying that a girl was waiting for him outside. After a while, he noticed something move at the corner of his eye. Startled, he looked up to find Halsey standing at the frame of his door with a stack of books in her hand. She was wearing a denim jacket over a tank top and denim shorts. Namjoon was confused on seeing her, but when he looked at the time, he realized. Halsey had called him earlier informing that she would be coming over in an hour, but he didn't realize that time had zoomed by that fast.

Halsey shrugged. "You didn't hear me, so I decided to come in." She plopped her books onto Namjoon's bed. "I have a math test tomorrow, and I haven't prepared anything, sooo.."

Namjoon sighed and laughed.

"How many chapters?"

Halsey smiled innocently. "5?"

Namjoon rubbed his temples. "Yah, Halsey. You owe me big time."

Halsey picked up a book and thrust it into Namjoon's face.

"Sure! Only if I get an A, that is."

Namjoon took the book from his face and shot up his eyebrows. "An A?"

Halsey thought for a moment and laughed. "Okay, an A sounds impossible. We'll settle with a B?"

Namjoon flaunted his dimples. "Sure. You're a quick learner, aren't you?"

Halsey stared blankly at him.

Namjoon sighed. "Let's get started, then."

After a few hours, Namjoon put the book down. "Huh, you scared me for a moment there. You actually learn pretty quick. We're halfway through."

Halsey groaned. "Halfway? That felt like forever..."

Namjoon laughed. "You want to take a break?"

Halsey sat up. "Yes pleasee!"

Namjoon and Halsey went over to the kitchen to get hold of some snacks. As Namjoon passed a packet of chips to Halsey, she randomly asked, "Hey," Namjoon glanced over her way.

"I still haven't seen Jin."

Namjoon smiled and dug his pocket to pull out his phone. He handed it over her. Halsey curiously pressed the power button and the screen lit up. 

Halsey whispered, "Wow."

Namjoon smiled. "Yeah, wow. I can't believe you have never seen him at school."

Halsey returned his phone. "I can't believe it either! I definitely live under a rock."

She lifted a chip to her mouth. "Tomorrow at school, show me your boyfriend- just to make sure he's real. Does he know about me?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Of course he's real and yeah, I mentioned about you a few days before. I'm not sure if he knows how you look like."

Halsey shrugged. "Well, I'm looking forward to it."

Namjoon wiggled his eyebrows. "What about you? Are you into anyone?"

Halsey laughed. "Nah, I'm good with loving myself."

Namjoon smiled. "Fair enough."

They chatted for a few minutes more before Namjoon realized that Halsey had a test the next day. Halsey reluctantly went back to Namjoon's room and sighed.

"I wish I could take a pill and learn all this stuff."

Namjoon smiled. "But you can't, so now learn and leave me at peace."

Halsey laughed. "Thanks, Namjoon. You're the absolute best."

"I won't say bes-"

Namjoon heard a commotion outside his door.

"Joon-ah! Joon, I swear if I find you studying-"

The door opened and Halsey and Namjoon saw Jin staring at them. Taehyung was close behind. He smiled and waved at Halsey. Halsey waved back. Jin looked between them with confusion.

"Jin Hyung? What are you doing here?" Namjoon finally asked.

Jin looked at Namjoon. He remembered why he was there. "More importantly, what are you doing here?"

"It's my home?"

Jin pulled out a chair and sat in front of him. "No, pabo. It's about why you're always cooped up in this room rather than going out."

Namjoon sighed. "I have a lot of work to do, Hyung. I'm sorry. I promise I'll come the next time."

Jin pouted. "You said that the last time, love."

Namjoon sighed and put his hands on his eyes. "I don't know."

Jin put an arm around his boyfriend. "Don't overwork yourself, Joon-ah. Relax and chill out sometimes! Come over to my home anytime!" Jin paused. "Ignore Yoongi though."

Namjoon laughed. "Sure thing, Hyung." He paused, "Thank you, for everything." He looked into Jin's face and stared for a while.

Jin broke into a smile. "What?"

Namjoon shrugged. "Nothing, just enjoying the view."

Jin's ears turned red as he leaned closer. As the distance between them was reducing, Taehyung suddenly shrieked.

"Ew! I did not sign up for this!" He clicked his tongue and walked away.

Jin and Namjoon suddenly realized that they weren't the only ones in the room. They jerked away from each other and blushed. Halsey was smirking. "Pity that Tae interrupted you guys."

Namjoon and Jin blushed harder than before. "Uh, Jin Hyung, this is um, H-Halsey."

Jin smiled and tried his best to talk properly. "The exchange student?"

Halsey was still smirking. "The one and only. To be honest, you look even better in person."

Jin stuttered. "I'm sorry, what?"

Halsey smiled warmly. "I wasn't sure you were real."

Jin laughed. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Namjoon looked impressed. "Well, someone's been practising their Korean."

Halsey laughed. "I've been trying my best." She looked between the couple and went back to her smug face. "I feel like I should leave-"

"No, no. It's fine. I'd better get going. Yoongi's probably waiting for me." He looked at Namjoon and smiled.

Namjoon smiled back. "Yeah, you do that."

Halsey swooned. "Oh my gosh. You guys are so adorable."

Jin laughed. He quickly hugged Namjoon and kissed him on the cheek. "Rest well, okay? Take care of yourself! I'll text you when I reach home. See you at school tomorrow!"

Namjoon smiled and Jin poked his dimples. Jin quickly hugged Halsey as well. "Nice meeting you, Halsey."

Halsey grinned wide. "Likewise."

After he left, Jin heard Halsey teasing Namjoon. He was laughing to himself before he saw Taehyung. He pouted. "I expected drama, Hyung."

Jin laughed and pinched Taehyung's cheeks. "You'll get your drama later. I'm executing Mission Yoonseok tomorrow."

Taehyung looked confused. "Mission what now?"

Jin smiled. "Mission Yoonseok." Jin was pretty sure Taehyung didn't understand anything, but Taehyung shrugged. "Okay."

Jin laughed harder. "You're so adorable. I love you, Tae."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows in confusion. "I love you too, Hyung?"

Jin chuckled. "See you tomorrow at school!"

"Yeah, bye Hyung!"

Jin took his coat and left. Taehyung thought for a while. "Hmm... I wonder what Yoonseok is." He shrugged, "Well, I could always look it up on the internet."

Jin reached home. His grandparents weren't angry that he was late. They just asked him if he ate to which Jin replied no.

That seemed to provoke them. Jin couldn't say no to his halmoni's food either. After a hearty meal, Jin went up to his room. Yoongi looked up from his phone. "Hey, Hyung? Could you tell me what you guys are planning? Because I definitely know you and Jimin are planning something. And I want to know the plan. Your plan that includes me."

"Chill, Yoongi! And what plan? There's no plan. What's a plan?"

Yoongi knit his eyebrows together. "Please tell me everything's going to be okay and you will not mess up?"

Jin jumped onto the bed and hugged Yoongi tightly. "Believe me, pabo. I will not ruin your life. Maybe partially."

Yoongi elbowed Jin. Jin yelped in pain. "I'm kidding!"

"You'd better be."

Jin smiled innocently. Yoongi yawned and stretched. "I'm tired."

Jin laughed. "When are you not?"

Jin looked over to his side and found Yoongi already sleeping soundly. He looked so adorable. Jin's eyes hovered from Yoongi to his phone kept on the table. An idea popped in his head. He slowly tiptoed to his phone and took it in his hand. The phone lit up with a picture of him and Jin. A warm smile crept all over his face. It was the same photo he had kept as his own lock screen.

Still smiling, Jin thought of what Yoongi's password might be. Though he knew it wouldn't be what he was thinking about, he gave it a try anyway.

Jin

Incorrect password

He tried Seokjin but that was incorrect too. He pouted but he expected it anyway. Then he tried what seemed possible.

Hoseok

Incorrect password

Jin looked at the phone with confusion. It's not Hoseok? Jin looked at Yoongi's sleeping face and wondered. "Ah, it must be Hobi.."

Jin tapped away at the phone.

Incorrect password

Jin looked confused as ever. What could it be? Jin tried all the names Yoongi called Hoseok (and he tried his name a few times) but it was incorrect every time. After a while, Jin could type in a new password only after five minutes. He sighed and laid next to Yoongi. Yoongi stirred and Jin froze. He draped his arms over the elder and continued snoring. Jin's shoulders relaxed a bit. He thought hard.

He looked back at the phone and realised five minutes had passed. Suddenly, Jin remembered. He wasn't sure if it would be correct because if it was, Jin was definitely going to tease Yoongi about it.

Yoonseok

The phone unlocked. Jin let out a soft laugh which made Yoongi groan and he tightened his grip onto him. Jin made sure he wouldn't make any more noise, but it was hard to because he was reading Hoseok's and Yoongi's texts.

Jin felt a tinge of guilt for invading Yoongi's privacy, but it was Yoongi. They both used each other's phones and they didn't know whose phone was whose, so it didn't matter anyway. Jin didn't use Yoongi's phone lately because he had changed his password, but Yoongi still used Jin's. So Jin made sure he never texted Jimin about Mission Yoonseok.

Jin suppressed his voice while reading the texts.

Hobi 💕

Yoongiiiiiii Hyungggggg

I'm bored

Come here ASAP

Where are you?
Read 5:00

At the park

I was sleeping
Read 5:01

Pretty please?

Jimin's with Kai and Chanyeol

Joon's with Jin Hyung

Tae is...

Idk where Tae is

What's in it for me?
Read 5:02

My company!

...

Fair enough

Omw
Read 5:02

Yay!

Thanks Hyung!!!

You're the best uwu (っ'▽`)っ

You owe me~
Read 5:03

Thanks

I look amazing
Read 7:11

Haha

I love your brown hair

So no mint?
Read 7:11

You look good either way

Thanks Hyung

I had a lot of fun today (^▽^)

Yeah me too

Hope we could meet up more often
Read 7:12

Yesss!!

I would love that

(^▽^)

See you tomorrow, Hobi

Good night <3
Read 7:12

Byeeee Hyung

Good night!! (/◕ヮ◕)/

Jin laughed at how adorable they are. He kept Yoongi's phone back in place and took his own phone. He scrolled down to Jimin's name. But before Jin could dial in his number, he received a call. It was from Jimin.

"Hey, Jin Hyung?"

Jin made sure Yoongi was sleeping. He whispered to the phone, "Yeah?"

"Could you go over the plan again? Not that I forgot or anything, just to make sure."

Jin ran his tongue over his lips. He peeled Yoongi off himself, stood up quietly and walked into the bathroom. He closed the door but still whispered to the phone.

"I'm going to repeat this one more time, Jiminie. Listen carefully..."

Jin could hear Jimin nodding from the other side. He continued, "So..."

"Hey, Yoongi! Hi Hoseok!" Jimin walked towards them. Jimin was deliberately late so that they could get some time together. Yoongi and Hoseok were laughing, which made Jimin extremely happy. Jimin quickly hugged Yoongi first and then Hoseok.

"C'mon let's go!" Hoseok chirped happily.

Jimin looked at Hoseok and said, "Could I have a minute? I have something really important to tell Yoongi."

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "Okay....." He moved away and took shade under a tree.

Yoongi looked confused too. "What is it?"

Jimin smirked. "Ah, it's nothing." He linked their arms together and walked towards Hoseok.

"Yeah, I'm done. Let's go Hobi!" Jimin dragged Yoongi and Hoseok followed behind, his eyebrows furrowed.

Even when they reached, Jimin was glued to Yoongi. He followed him wherever he went. Yoongi didn't mind; he figured it might be part of the plan, so he went along with it. He gave him innumerable side hugs and a few people commented that they looked cute together to which Jimin blushed and Yoongi shrugged.

Whenever Hoseok tried to catch Yoongi's attention, Jimin pulled him away. Jimin noticed that Hoseok was getting redder and redder.

"Hobi? Are you alright?"

Jisoo helped him get up and handed him a bottle of water. "You look flustered. Have a seat. Let me bring you more water."

"No, no, it's okay. Thanks, Jisoo." Hoseok was still staring at Yoongi and Jimin who were now talking and laughing.

"Do you think they're dating?" He thought out loud.

Jisoo looked at the direction Hoseok was staring. "Yoongi and Jimin? Hmm... I don't know.. They do look cute together though.."

Hoseok elbowed Jisoo. "Ow! What was that for?"

Hoseok gave her a look that made Jisoo realize. "Ohhhhhh....... Wait Jimin?"

Hoseok laughed. "No! He's my best friend!"

Jisoo smiled. "Yoongi?"

Hoseok smiled. Jisoo smiled wider. "You know what? You should ask him out."

Hoseok looked at Jisoo like she was crazy. "I should do what now?"

Jisoo laughed. "You should! Does Jimin know?"

Hoseok frowned. "No, he doesn't."

Jisoo thought for a moment. "He's your best friend. Go talk to him!"

Hoseok slumped his shoulders. "What if he likes Yoongi too? I don't want to get in their way."

Jisoo nudged him. "Find out if Jimin likes Yoongi or not. If he doesn't, ask Yoongi out!!"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "And if he does?"

Jisoo shrugged. "I don't know. Now go!" Jisoo shoved Hoseok to Yoongi's and Jimin's direction.

"Wha-"

Jimin and Yoongi looked at Hoseok.

"I-uh. Jimin? I want to talk to you?"

Jimin looked confused. "Okay?"

Hoseok looked at Yoongi. "Not here. Someplace private?"

Jimin looked at Yoongi and shrugged. "Okay."

Yoongi watched as Jimin followed Hoseok to the practice room. No one was back there, and Jimin could hear Hoseok's rapid heartbeats.

"What is it, Hyung?" Jimin innocently asked.

Hoseok sheepishly ran his fingers through his hair. "I know it's none of my business, but..."

He let out a huge sigh. "Do you like Yoongi?"

Jimin pretended to be shocked. "What?! Me? Yoongi Hyung? No!"

Hoseok visibly deflated. "So you're not into Yoongi?"

Jimin waved his hands dismissively. "No!" He couldn't resist himself and started smirking. "Why? Are you?"

Hoseok stuttered. "W-What? Why would you ask that?"

Jimin laughed. "You're so adorable, Hyung. So you are into Yoongi Hyung, huh?"

Hoseok turned into a shade of scarlet. "Maybe?"

Jimin beamed.

Hoseok curiously asked, "Why were you abnormally hanging out with Yoongi though?"

Jimin pretended to be shocked again. "Abnormal? That was completely normal. You're abnormal."

Hoseok smiled. "Right."

Jimin wiggled his eyebrows. "Now that I know you like Yoongi Hyung, it's my job to get you two together!"

"What??"

"Yep. And that begins today! Go ask Yoongi Hyung out!"

"Jiminie pabo, you think I'll just walk and ask Yoongi Hyung out?"

"....yes?"

Hoseok rubbed his temples. "What makes you think Yoongi Hyung will say yes?"

Jimin put an arm around Hoseok and smiled. "I have a very weird feeling he would."

Yoongi looked up when he saw Hoseok and Jimin returning. Jimin nudged Hoseok and pushed him forward.

Hoseok awkwardly stood before Yoongi and stuttered. "H-Hi Yoongi."

Yoongi smiled. "Yeah?"

Hoseok stared at him for a while before shaking his head and coming back to his senses.

"Hey, Y-Yoongi Hyung. I want to tell you something."

Yoongi expectantly looked back at Hoseok. Hoseok heaved a huge sigh.

"I-I really like you, Yoongi Hyung. Would you like to go out with me sometime? O-Only if you want to."

Yoongi's smile dropped and stared at Hoseok. Hoseok was getting paler and paler.

Yoongi finally asked, "Wait, is this a prank?"

"No, I am serious." He paused. "You know what? Nevermind." Hoseok looked like he was at the brink of crying.

Yoongi freaked out. "No, no! It's not that! I'm sorry Hobi, I didn't think you would actually like me." Yoongi lifted a hand to his shoulder and looked at Hoseok's face.

Hoseok blinked and two tears fell down his cheek.

Yoongi gently wiped his tears. "No, don't cry! Why are you crying?"

Hoseok cracked, "B-Because you don't like me!"

Yoongi hugged the younger and patted his back. "Oh no, it's the exact opposite, Hobi. I really like you too and I'd love to go out with you."

Hoseok pulled back and looked at Yoongi's face. "Really?"

Yoongi flashed his gummy smile. "Yes."

Hoseok smiled through his tears. "Yes?"

Yoongi smiled wider. "Yes!"

Hoseok hugged him tighter. As they pulled back, they looked at each other's faces before laughing again.

Yoongi smiled. "You know how long I was wanting to ask you out?"

Hoseok laughed. "Why didn't you ask me sooner?"

"Well, I didn't think you would like me!"

Hoseok laughed as he wiped his tears. "Why would you think that? Who wouldn't like you? You're perfect."

Yoongi smiled. "So are you."

Jimin was watching everything in the background. He wiped his tears before taking his phone out and dialling in Jin's number.

"Captain, Mission Yoonseok... is a freaking success."

A week later

"So tell me everything. Every single detail and don't miss out on anything, okay?"

Everyone was huddled at Jin's home. Jin was sitting along with Namjoon on the couch and Yoongi and Hoseok sat on the couch opposite. Taehyung and Jimin sat in the middle with Yeontan and Holly.

Yoongi groaned. "Ugh... Jin Hyung. Why do you want to hear it again?"

Jin laughed. "It's been one week! And because why not?"

Namjoon put an arm around him. "Yah, Hyung. Leave them alone."

Jin held his boyfriend close. "Fiiine... if you say so..."

Taehyung and Jimin laughed. "You guys are like an old married couple."

Jin and Namjoon exclaimed in unison. "Old?"

That made the boys laugh harder. "Aww, you guys are so adorable!"

Jin looked at Namjoon and winked. "That we are."

Yoongi whined. "Hey! What about me and Hoseok?"

Hoseok laughed as he took Yoongi's hand. "We're adorabl-er, aren't we, boyfriend?"

Namjoon and Jin smiled widely and asked, "You guys are official?"

Hoseok beamed. "Yep." He looked at his boyfriend who was trying to find a perfect position to sleep.

Yoongi noticed that everyone was staring at him. "Huh?"

Hoseok laughed. "Nothing, lil meow meow."

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Wait, how does he know about that?"

Jin winked at Yoongi. "Maybe he got it from a handsome stranger."

Yoongi hissed. "I'll get you back, Hyung. But now I just want to..."

Yoongi gripped Hoseok tightly.  He felt beyond comfortable in Hoseok's embrace. He still couldn't believe Hoseok was his. All of this felt like a beautiful dream. He made the best out of each moment.

Hoseok lovingly stroke Yoongi's hair and smiled warmly. He couldn't believe Yoongi was his. He admitted that he was smitten by Yoongi from the very beginning. It was very hard to keep it hidden from everyone, especially Namjoon but Namjoon managed to keep Yoongi's secret away from him too.

"Yah, that was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life," Namjoon admitted. "I can't believe you had a crush on Yoongi. That would've saved us a lot of time."

"And effort." Jin added.

"And Mission Yoonseok." Jimin added.

"Ohhhhhhh....." Taehyung chimed. "Yoon from Yoongi and Seok from Hoseok! I've been cracking my head all day to figure it out. The Internet was surprisingly no use at all."

Jimin patted Taehyung's back and laughed.  "I'm proud of you."

Hoseok looked confused. "Mission Yoonseok? What is that?"

Jimin and Jin looked at each other and laughed. "You wanna hear the whole story?"

Hoseok looked at Yoongi. He was sleeping soundly in his arms. Hoseok didn't want to disturb him so he decided he'll tell him about 'Mission Yoonseok' later.

He shrugged. "Yeah, why not?"

"Well, that explains why Jimin was acting so weird."

Jimin laughed. "Don't worry, I wouldn't steal Yoongi from you."

Hoseok smiled. "Well, that was a lot. I'm sorry you guys went through all this trouble."

"Pfft, it was nothing! I and Jimin were doing our jobs as cupids!" Jin fist-bumped Jimin.

Hoseok curiously asked, "Was Jisoo in it too?"

Jimin laughed. "She was an important member of Mission Yoonseok! She overheard us talking one day and was happy to help us get you both together."

Hoseok chuckled. "Well, that explains that."

Jimin was glad at how happy Hoseok was with Yoongi. He realized it was best if he never revealed his secret to anyone. Jimin smiled and resumed talking to Taehyung playing with the dogs.

Namjoon's phone started ringing. When he brought it up to his face, he realized it was Halsey.

"Wait, wait. It's Halsey! Everyone quiet!"

There was pin-drop silence when Namjoon picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Joon! Give me a drumroll!!"

Jin heard Halsey's loud voice and started drumming the table.

"Thanks, Jin!"

"How did she know-"

"I got......an A! An A, Joon!"

Everyone heard Halsey celebrating and congratulated her.

Namjoon exclaimed, "Wow, Halsey! Congrats, I'm very proud!"

Halsey gushed, "It was all you, Joon. I owe you my life!"

Namjoon laughed. Jin smirked. "I do have a pretty smart boyfriend."

Namjoon blushed and nudged Jin. Taehyung and Jimin shouted, "Congrats Halsey!"

Yoongi stirred from the loud noises, so Hoseok whispered, "Congrats from me and Yoongi!"

Halsey laughed. "I'm guessing Yoongi is sleeping?"

Hoseok let out a soft laugh. "Yes. He looks so peaceful... and perfect."

Halsey replied, "Of course he is."

As Hoseok returned Namjoon's phone, he watched as Yoongi's lips slowly curve up into a small smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 1.3K 16
"Hey Cutie!" Jeon Jungkook stated while blocking Jimin in the hallway. "Get out of my face. Please!" Park Jimin said shoving him out of the way. ...
108K 5.6K 38
His pink hair, his dimples, his tall figure. You remember those things. But you have no idea who he is or why he keeps showing up around you. You kne...
22.6K 683 45
Where Hoseok overhears some Interesting Information on the bus. Jimin is kind of a nerd and is in love with the most popular boy of the school, Jungk...
20K 783 30
"Hello," I awkwardly greeted. I really despised being the new girl. "Hey, I'm Yoongi," the boy with a bandana and auburn-brown hair head nodded. His...