New Rules | Choi Yeonjun TXT

By poppinstarlight

according to greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two f... More

¹ Pastries & Practices
² Accidental Auditions
³ Grades & Guilt
⁴ Phone Calls
⁵ Practice & Preparations
⁶ Intimidation & Idols
⁷ Contracts
⁸ [Un]familiar Surroundings
⁹ Soul-what?
¹⁰ Not Yet
¹¹ Fainted Truths
¹² Formal Introductions
¹³ Healer
¹⁴ Baby Steps
¹⁵ Closer
¹⁶ Past & Present
¹⁷ Matching & Munching
¹⁸ No Thoughts, Only Yeonjun
¹⁹ Good Mo(u)rning
²⁰ Accidents
²¹ X's & O's
²² Remedy & Remorse
²³ Last Minute Plans
²⁴ Moving Along
²⁵ Different Dreams
²⁶ Secrets
²⁷ Catching Up
²⁸ Drifting Away
²⁹ Metanoia
³⁰ Mending
³¹ Reminders
³² New Home
³³ Late Night Leisures
³⁵ Trauma and Training
³⁶ [Dis]Connecting
³⁷ Rookie Routine
³⁸ Under Suspicion
³⁹ Jenga Tower
⁴⁰ Moonlight & Sunrise

³⁴ Delayed Diagnosis

3.3K 139 59
By poppinstarlight

Hueningkai rolled onto his back, landing next to you on the practice room floor.

You smiled and patted his tummy before setting up the laptop for the boys.

As the T:TIME camera-person in training, you were responsible for "at home shoots", or just recording the boys in the studio.

Today's to-do is to film reaction videos to TXT's upcoming album.

"What are we watching?" Yeonjun appeared behind you, resting his head on your shoulder.

"Can't You See Me and PUMA. We also have the first cut for the Eternally music video."

Gathering the boys from their designated areas, you began your filming.

+x+

"Y/N~ we don't need to film the Eternally reaction, so come watch with us!" Soobin suggested as you looked back on the T:TIME footage.

"Okay okay, but then I need to head to practice." You smiled and huffed.

Huddled around the laptop, you started the 19ish minute draft of the music video.

The opening scenes were already spooky, dark clouds and lighting surrounding a broken world. The boys awed at the magic of green screens.

Soobin climbs up the stairs to reach Yeonjun, but is met with a surprise when he turns.

The lighting lit up the screen, revealing Yeonjun's blood covered face, cuts along his cheekbones and jaw.

You saw him wear the makeup in person, barely able to look him straight in the eye when he did.

The scenario and sudden jump scare made it worse.

The boys were caught off guard as well, but your stomach flipped.

A nauseating headache took control of your movements as you clasped your hand over your mouth.

Seeing your reaction, Yeonjun paused the video.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Beomgyu asked, placing a hand on your shoulder.

Panic and dread filled your mind, rendering you speechless.
Before you could respond, you stood up and sprinted into the hallway.

A worried Yeonjun followed you behind.

+x+

The air in your lungs felt heavy, sprinting to somewhere you didn't know.

"Y/N!" Yeonjun softly called, but you continued running.

Those three colors. They're haunting; whenever you briefly closed your eyes, they appeared.

Eventually, he caught up and engulfed you in his arms.

"Hey hey, I got you, it'll be okay. What's wrong?"

But it only made it worse.

You squirmed and wiggled in Yeonjun's grasp, trying to free yourself from what felt like suffocation.

"Dr. Hwang!" Yeonjun saw her pass by, calling out in hopes of having her help.

"What's going on?" Dr. Hwang approached with a concerned look on her face.

After taking a quick glance at your rapid breathing and struggle, she instructed Yeonjun to let you go.

The air felt lighter and world felt a little bigger.

But your body still fell to the ground as you shook, bringing your knees to your chest.

+x+

"Yeonjunnie-hyung! Dr. Hwang wants to see you in her office." Soobin called out as Yeonjun warmed up for practice.

"How is Y/N?" Yeonjun asked while entering the room.

"We've been running psychological evaluations. She was experiencing an anxiety attack when you found her."

"Is she okay now?"

"Yes, she's at practice right now. But.. she appears to be suffering from PTSD."

A long pause resonated in the room. Yeonjun just blinked, trying to process the information brought to him.

"I had no idea.."

Guilt.
He was supposed to be your soulmate, and yet he knew nothing of the struggles you were facing.

But it made sense. Your uneasiness when you saw the fake blood; the restless nights trying to sleep peacefully.

The jump scare from the music video could've been the final trigger.

"That's not your fault. She didn't either. No one did."

"Was it the bus accident?"

"That would be the most logical cause. Just help her avoid anything relating to it: blood, public transportation, broken glass, etc."

Yeonjun nodded, noting down the triggers. But another trigger lingered in his mind.

"What about Beomgyu?"

"Ah.." Sung hesitates, "We'll run a checkup on him after your practice. But Y/N's PTSD has also had an effect on your bond."

"What do you mean?"

"The trauma stems from an emotional attachment, emotional responsibility over the situation."

"..And?"

Dr. Hwang sighed, "We think Y/N's begun to bond with Beomgyu."

Yeonjun's heart dropped.

"B-beomgyu? Our Beomgyu?"

"Yes but don't blame him, or either of them."

"What..what are we gonna do? Does she know? Does he know? I mean she lives with us.. They're best friends? They're around each other constantly? How do I-"

"We'll all work together to figure it out. And no, neither of them are aware."

"We have to tell them!"

"We have to wait-"

"Why?!"

"Y/N is not in stable condition right now. She's still adjusting to the trasition and has had too much on her mind. Dropping the fact that she's unbonding with you, especially to someone so close to you, can send her right over the edge."

Yeonjun leaned back in his chair, "But.. but what if she gets closer to him?"

"You just need to maintain a stronger connection with her. Have in-depth conversations, spend time out in the city, just try. She's still soulbound to you."

"For now.."

"Listen, we'll work to help her recover from her PTSD. Both for her own sake and for yours. But you need to stay calm, or you'll push her right out of the bond."

Yeonjun couldn't deny the anger boiling in his veins, but that had been washed out with fear.
His grip on the chair arms tightened, knuckles turning white.

"Here's the bonding report we have on her. You both have a counseling session later tonight," Sung hands him a folder before ushering him back to practice.

Yeonjun's shoulders were tense, a flash flickered past his eyes. Sung took note, calling out to him.

"Yeonjun." He didn't bother to look up, too busy reading your report.

As he was skimming, something caught his eye: "dream analysis".

Dr. Hwang's voice faded in and out as he read your description. His eyes went wide, breathing becoming shaky.

It wasn't just a dream.

"Do not lose control. I promise you we will do what we can to secure your bond.
Everyone is rooting for the two of you."

..or were they?

+x+

[A/N]
hi ^^
idk if i like this chapter but i think it helps put some pieces together

question! do you prefer "Y/N" or an OC?
i saw on twt that some people prefer writers to just use an OC's name, so i just wanted to check !

thank you for reading!!
<3 venus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 2.5K 26
✰∿ A beautiful statue sits in the middle of a large city, legend says once it's soulmate touches the statues hand it will become human. But are soul...
52.1K 1.4K 29
"Hyung my soulmate is out there in the crowd. I felt the tattoo burn." In a world where turning 21 means you get your soulmate tattoo. It's a mark of...
145K 10.6K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
49.3K 2.2K 25
| TXT Beomgyu x Yeonjun | Soulmate AU | Most people use the fact that whatever is drawn on their body appears on their soulmates as a way to send the...