A Pull Of Destiny

By Reha_writes

"Two souls don't find each other by accident. They are meant to be." * * Riya is a famous Indian soap opera... More

| Preface |
| Prologue |
| Riya |
1| Sagara Dynasty
2| A stranger
3| Rani Anasuya
4| A New Day
5| Minister Kashyap
6| Lady Sahastra
7| A Friendship
8|A Travel
9| A Race
10|A Wildfire
11| A play of life
12| A Secret Code
13| First love
14| A Bloom of happiness
15| A Night of Secrets
16| A New Morning
17| An Attack
18| An Unknown rivalry
19| An Unexpected Night
21| A Night Of Life
22| An Invitation For Truth
23| Senapathi Satya
24| An Endless day
25| A Game of Fate
26| A Dark Night
27| Where Is He?
28| A Sweet Surprise
29|A Fear of love

20| Predictions For Future

1.8K 197 102
By Reha_writes

| CHAPTER - 20 |

"Wh-what?"

Viswanath folded a thin white cloth placing a reddish-green herbal smoothie and finally making the last fold. He almost ignored Riya's stuttering question as he focused on her arm, tying the medicinal cloth carefully. 

Riya started to realise how faint were the lights of the chambers, gleaming white light of the moon reached through the window which partially landed on the physician's face and he looked serious as if he knew about the chaos going on in her life. The tiny thought that her going back to her life has stilled her in the chair. Even the thought of going back was long forgotten, it is not that she hates her life back as an actress. But the thought of leaving Raghuveer behind made a fresh hole in her heart. 

"Why do you look so surprised, child?" Viswanath smiled meekly as if he could her mind. 

"How do you know that I don't belong here?" Riya's eyebrows locked together and her eyes remained squinted in suspicion, no one could ever guess where she had come from, not even herself then how does he know? 

Vishwanath lets out a small smile, as he looks at her with amusement before asking, "Why can't I find a smile on your face, dear?" 

"Huh?" Riya was surprised at that question, even though it had just been a few days she can not imagine her life without Raghuveer and Dhruvan or her newly found good friend Sahsthra. 

"It's just that I like it here." She reasoned out, slowly biting her inner cheek to prevent the pooling tears in her eyes, "How far is my country from here? I can take trips-" 

Hearing her desperate tone Vishwanath laughed loudly, his laugh echoing throughout the chamber getting onto her nerves. 

"You can not afford the price." He stood up straight this time, running a hand through his long white beard and if possible Riya just wished to rip it off him. 

"I can. I am rich, all I need is a little information and my manager will be here to deal with the money-" 

"You can't afford the price, dear. And most importantly you can not remain here any longer. You should not." 

Enough was enough, how peacefully has she been asking him about the location information and look at him! He is making fun of her? 

"Why? Because I am not a royal-like Raghuveer and Sahsthra? How can you-" 

"You are accusing about discrimination for status with me? The man who left his royal life to serve people? Ah, how amusing." He chuckled as he slowly began packing his herbs and placing them back in the white cloth bag he has been carrying.

After hearing his story she was little impressed with this old man, but right now she may be disliking him to death. 

When Vishwanath's eyes fell on Riya, he understood that she was a tough one. Probably, providing a little information can prevent the chaos which keeps happening here.

"Lives are pre-decided. Every life has a destined fate, and the purpose of that life is to fulfil it. But your presence here is altering lives, especially Raghuveers. He should be entering the palace at any cost, but you have-" 

"Enter the palace and fight with his family there?" Riya's voice came out rough and firm, so he wanted Raghuveer to enter the palace and lose his peace of mind? 

"I cannot determine that. Yet, I have to say that his life is at the palace, and you are one who is holding him back. He should be challenging prince Dipankar and-" 

Riya scoffed before laughing loudly, her head moving forward and backwards with the intensity of her laughter, "Hmm, I now get it why you have used heavy words like fate and destiny." Her eyes narrowed as she glared at the physician, "You are that queen's men, aren't you?" 

"Look, child, I know you might feel my presence threatening for Raghuveer and you, but trust me more than anyone I would love to see Raghuveer living a peaceful life." His lips curved out a small smile as he hung his bag on his left shoulder preparing for his leave. 

"If you are on his side, then why do you want to-" 

"Maybe my words might have come dangerously to you. But if you are still curious about how you have reached here falling off a cliff, then you should definitely meet my master." 

Once again, her mind went blank hearing him. How does he know that she has fallen off a cliff? God, he is so creepy at times.

"I have to give you a clear warning child, if you choose to stay here then you would cause the deaths of the ones Raghuveer loves. Choose wisely." 

Saying he turned around leaving the chamber and Riya sat rooted in her chair. What he said is not true right? He must be bluffing, but if he was then how did he know from where she has come from? Is the fate thing real?

Riya bit her lower lip nervously as all the incidents since when she had reached here flashed in her brain. Raghuveer was almost trapped in a wildfire, Dhruvan and she were attacked and most importantly with no adequate reason Raghuveer jumped into a fight with Dipankar. 

Was she really causing him and Dhruvan nothing but trouble? Riya's eyes burned with tears as she fisted her palms in her lap. 

"All of this is because of you! That Dimwit and his bodyguard are staying back for tonight because of this rain! Was it that necessary for you to go with Dhruvan?" Raghuveer grunted loudly as he kicked off his wooden footwear, pulling open his almirah. 

He kept mumbling something about how his peaceful house has been turned into a fish market because of Riya. 

Riya already felt weak hearing from the physician and his stupid fate talk, tears rolled down her cheek as her heart began aching.

"Should I go back then?" Riya felt her throat hitch, tears wetting her face. Is Raghuveer really that annoyed by her presence? Maybe the physician was right, she has to go back to life and stop being dependable on him. 

Riya sat in her chair not facing him, if he confesses her to leave then she will not be able to face him. Without knowing, she has fallen for him so hard that her mind was flooding with the pain of separation.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" 

"The physician said that he knows the way to my house, and also said that it's too far away to take trips." Her voice wavered in pain as she spoke. Raghuveer just remained silent hearing her words, does he not care for her? He is okay with not seeing her again? 

Raghuveer walked in front of her and the immediate second he scrunched down on his knees as he slowly glanced at her wrapped hand. 

"What happened to your hand!" His voice came out alarmed as he carefully tried to get information from the herbal paste. 

"Fracture," Riya replied gritting her teeth, he looked worried about her wound but why won't he answer her actual question? 

His busted lip was turning blue, and Riya couldn't help but run her fingertips on it. How painful would it be? Will she ever get to see him if she leaves this place? As much as he tries to be cold towards her, he was always compassionate and caring. 

How will she ever forget him? How come she has developed such deep feelings for him? 

Raghuveer slowly lifted Riya in his arms, snapping her out of her thoughts. "What are you doing?" 

Without answering he layed Riya on his bed and sat beside her as he pushed her smooth hair behind her ear, "You didn't eat anything since morning, I will get something for you." 

Saying that he tried to stand up but before he could leave Riya caught his hand pulling him back, "You didn't tell me if I have to leave or not?" 

Her eyes glistened with tears as she looked in his eyes, can he not see her pain? Can he not see that she likes him? 

Raghuveer pushed her hair behind her ear  as he spoke, "How many times have I told you to tie your hair?" 

Shaking his head with disappointment he bent forward towards her placing his hands around her neck to tie her hair with a small fabric he found on the bed. After a long pregnant pause he finally whispered, "Now that your hand is hurt, you can not leave right? Let us think about the future later." 

His blunt words made her heart skip a beat, though he didn't force her to stay, he brought up the idea of delaying the travel, and he wouldn't do that if he does not like her right? 

A small smile took over her face as she looked in his eyes as he continued to talk, "And also, your head still hurts right. Shouldn't you recover to prepare for long-distance travels?" 

Right, he doesn't want her to leave! Riya's heart jumped out in joy as she grinned ear to ear, nodding her head vigorously like a small kid. 

She likes him, away too much and until she figures out a secure way to travel back and forth, this topic can wait. Worries about the future can wait. 

"I will go get some rice for you, till then rest." Saying Raghuveer hesitatingly moved forward and planted a kiss on her forehead, even before Riya could react to this new behaviour of his, he fled away from the chambers almost tripping his way out. 

Riya sat giggling as she blushed hard, ah how adorable her prince is? 

 •• 

Dimly lighted lanterns were hung around the corners of the huge kitchen, while Dhruvan and Pulvit struggled to cook dinner for everyone. Dhrvuan was extremely vexed with this situation, he would usually cook dinner around sunset but now, with this low lighting the kitchen was almost suffocating but with his hero, Pulvit around everything has become a little easy to deal with. 

Dhruvan stood up to take out the huge tins of spices placed on the top roof, they have decided to prepare two dishes. One with spices and the other spiceless, while his master loved spicy foods Pulvit informed that prince Dipankar hated spicy food. 

Dhruvan stood on his toes trying to pull the copper storage tin, but due to his unfortunate luck the tin was about to trip and fall on him but Pulvit came running to his rescue. He quickly placed his tall hand on the tin pushing it back saving Dhruvan.

Smiling nervously in embarrassment Dhrvuan looked up to apologise but somehow the situation turned out embarrassing as his face was in level with Pulvits. 

All at once the freezing temperature of the room turned warm and sizzling, and weirdly enough Dhrvuan felt the urge to move closer but before he could Pulvit took a step closer as if in trance surprising him, and before anything could happen Dhruvan heard loud footsteps of someone walking towards the kitchen making him push Pulvit backwards in hurry. 

Unknowingly Dhruvan panted lowly and Raghuveer appeared inside the kitchen with a large scowl on his face. 

"I need to talk with you, outside." Saying he walked away and Dhruvan ran out unable to dare to even have a glance at Pulvit. 

What the hell did just happen? Were just about to kiss-oh God! He is a sinner to even think like this, he would be going to hell for sure. 

"Dhruvan, attention!" Raghuveer frowned as he scolded him. 

"Y-yes Rajkumar Ji?" He squeaked out, unable to handle his clumsy brain. 

"I need some food for Riya, it seems like she has fractured her arm. Prepare some rice and milk." 

Dhrvuan nodded his head vigorously paying all his attention.

"Oh and also, inform our soldiers, " Raghuveer spoke as his eyes burned with determination and strength, "That Physician Vishwanath is prohibited to enter my house."

***

Holla guys! I am back with an update ❤❤

My eyes have been aching since yesterday, can this be the effect of opening books after a long time corona break?

Anyways, what do you think? Will Pulvit and Dipankar's relationship grow?

Can Riya and Raghuveer accept their feelings for each other?

And about the cast, will be announcing it in the next chap, ( I know, I am really really sorry! )

Till then take care and see ya!!

Hey there don't forget to press this pretty star 🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 296 37
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
38.3K 5.2K 16
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...
1.8M 13.1K 7
Two imperfectly perfect fell in love. Something happened and they drifted apart. What will happen when they cross each other's path again? Will Aradh...
98.6K 3.8K 36
Inayat, a 25-year-old with a heart of gold, has been navigating life solo since a tragic accident took her parents and her memories. Raised in an orp...