Ghost of You - Anakin Skywalk...

By anakin-stop-panakin

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Highest rankings: #1 anakinskywalker #... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Epilogue
Thank You / Sequel Announcement

Chapter 57

7.5K 222 1K
By anakin-stop-panakin

Our latest objective is to travel to Zygerria for the purpose of finding the colonists and ending their slave trade. Anakin, Obi Wan, Rex, and I are separated from Cal and Ahsoka in the ship. We need to go over the tactics of this mission prior to informing them of our plan. At this stage, the four of us are gathered within the small quarters located at the back of the ship.

"We're going to need three teams. One team will need to meet with the Queen while the other two search for the colonists." Obi Wan speaks up.

"Why two teams?" Rex asks.

"That way we can have more ground covered and a back up if anyone is caught." Obi Wan explains.

Our plan is not as thought through as we would typically like it to be, but it will suffice given the circumstances. Our goal here is to rescue innocents from the cruelty of slavery. A perfectly polished plan is not our priority.

"I think the bigger question is, how are we meant to meet with the Queen?" Anakin asks.

"I suggest Ahsoka poses as a slave while you, Anakin, pose as her master."

This is wrong. Ahsoka is more than capable of handling herself, yes, but she is still young. These Zygerrians, they play dirty. She should not be subjected to such behaviour at her age. 

"No." I say bluntly.

"Think about it, (Y/N). Ahsoka is a Togruta. It would make sense for it to be her."

"She's young, Obi Wan. I won't stand by and watch as she is treated like a slave." I argue.

Anakin nods at me in both appreciation and agreement. As someone who was a slave at a young age, he is aware of the psychological toll this mission could have on Ahsoka. The last thing he would want is for me to be in danger, however he knows my age makes me better suited to it.

"Then what do you suggest?" He pauses.

Anakin raises his hands. "Don't look at me. I tried it once. I wasn't any good at it. Besides, the role of master comes easily to me."

I roll my eyes at eyes at him. Though I love him, I must admit that his remarks are often poorly timed. 

"I will play the part of the slave." I announce.

Obi Wan begins to stroke his auburn beard. This is a trait of his I have become all too familiar with. Either he will agree willingly or debate it strongly.

"Very well." Obi Wan agrees. "Anakin, if you go under your alias, you should have no problem getting to the Queen."

"To confirm, Sir, Generals Skywalker and (Y/L/N) will be one team?" Rex asks.

"Yes. You and I, Rex, will be the ones searching for the colonists. I trust Ahsoka and Cal will manage to blend in with the eccentric crowd of the auction." Obi Wan explains.

My thoughts drift away from the conversation as I begin to focus on the actual mission at hand. Anakin, a former slave, has to act as a master. He may be putting on a brave face about it, but I know it will be destroying him. It goes against everything he stands for.

Anakin nudges my arm slightly to snap me out of my thoughts. I look to him and he tilts his head toward Obi Wan. In his hands is what seems to be a pile of fabric.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought." I say.

"It's quite alright." He smiles. "This is what you'll be wearing for your role. I suggest you change in here once we are all gone. 

I take the clothing from his hands. By how it is folded, I can already tell it is going to be far more revealing than what I am comfortable with. Obi Wan and Rex both leave, but Anakin waits a little longer.

"You sure you want to do this?" He asks.

"Someone has to do it." I smirk.

He smiles and shakes his head a little. "Well, I'll leave you to get changed."

As he makes his way toward the door, I remember something that I need his help with. Something that I can only trust him with.

"Anakin!" I call.

He turns around to acknowledge me but doesn't speak. I take his silence as a cue to unclip my lightsaber from my belt and extend the hilt toward him.

"Can you hold onto this for me?" I ask.

He smiles warmly. "You trust me with that?"

Masters teach their Padawans that their lightsabers are their life. That there is nothing more important to a Jedi than their weapon. By willingly giving it to Anakin right now, I'm showing that there is something more important to me than my lightsaber. My love for him. There is nothing in the galaxy that means more to me than Anakin Skywalker.

"I trust you with my life." I assure him.

Anakin accepts my lightsaber and clips it to his belt along with his own. He gives me a cheeky smile before also leaving the quarters. After the door closes, I take a moment to examine the clothing I have been given. There are two different outfit options; one blue and the other red. Both are equally as revealing. With it is a dark grey cloak to cover up my body in the meantime.

The blue one is far prettier and more innocent, however the red is what I could only describe as sexy. As a human female, I doubt the Zygerrians will be putting me in the category of slave labour. For this reason, I opt for the red option.

I take off my light Jedi robes and place the slaver outfit on in replacement. Seeing as the outfit was originally designed for Ahsoka, it is a very tight fit. This may work to my advantage a little, given the role I need to play.

Once it is on, I observe myself in the small mirror within the quarters. The red top is short, revealing most of my toned stomach while also displaying some of my cleavage. The skirt, if I can even call it that, is simply two pieces of separated fabric covering my front and rear while leaving my legs exposed. The accompanying accessories are a heavy, gold belt, gold armbands, and a gold headdress.

This is horrific.

I grab the accompanying cloak and place it over my body. It covers the outfit entirely, meaning no one on this ship will need to see it. It also has a hood which will allow for the headdress to be covered.

Without thinking about my clothing, or lack thereof, any further, I leave the quarters and rejoin my crew. They are all wearing Zygerrian armour now, which is basically a brown leather torso covering over a lighter brown pantsuit. With their armour comes oddly shaped helmets, however none of them are wearing those yet.

We briefly go over the mission again as a group before sitting back in our regular seats. Anakin and I, of course, are piloting together. The others sit in the seats behind us and take in the sight ahead. The planet of Zygerria. There are ships everywhere, filled with scum who support this idea of slavery. I am going to struggle to be around such coldhearted people during this mission.

"It looks like Zygerria is a popular place these days." Anakin says.

"Whatever is happening is attracting plenty of high-class scum." Obi Wan adds.

We lower the ship into the dusty atmosphere of Zygerria. The ships all seem to be heading for the same patch of raised, green land, so we do the same. I flip a few switches to allow for the ship to be lowered onto the land.

"Time to go." Anakin smirks.

I groan as I get out of my co-pilot seat. I double-check my cloak is tightened around my body before going any further. We all proceed to the cargo hold at the back, where I approach Cal and Ahsoka.

"Remember, you two, your objective is to blend in. The Zygerrians need to believe you are guards monitoring the area. Do not draw attention to yourselves." I remind them.

"Don't worry Master, we've got this. Right Ahsoka?" Cal says.

"Right." She agrees.

I shift my gaze between for a moment before nodding in agreement. They may be young, but they are two of the most capable people I have ever met. I know we can rely on them to do their part in this mission.

"Let's just hope the information our spies gave us about the Queen is accurate. Remember, I'll keep her occupied while you locate the missing people of Kiros." Anakin says.

"How do you plan on keeping the Queen occupied?" Obi Wan questions.

"Well," he chuckles, "with my magnetic charm, of course."

Rex looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I simply roll my eyes. Anakin is incredibly handsome and his arrogance does often grant him a special way with words. When it comes to flirtation, however, he tends to become a blubbering mess. At least, that's how he was in the very early stages of our relationship.

"Oh, yes, of course." I mutter.

The others place their Zygerrian helmets on while Anakin unclips his and my lightsabers from his belt.

"Hold on to these, will you, buddy?" He says to Artoo.

He beeps excitedly while extending his arm to catch the sabers. Obi Wan, Cal, and Ahsoka hand their lightsabers to Artoo as well. Anakin and I went over the plan with Artoo earlier, so he should be aware of what to do with them when the time is right.

The doors to the ship whirr open, inviting us to enter the scum-filled planet that is Zygerria. We all stand on top of the ramp briefly to analyse the landscape before descending to the surface. We walk through a set of large doors to enter the real area of scum within Zygerria as a large group, but immediately disperse into our pairs. Cal and Ahsoka hurry off while Obi Wan and Rex stay relatively close to us.

Sounds of indistinct yelling and fighting creatures fills this area as men invade the privacy of female slaves. We have been here for less than two minutes, and I already hate the planet.

"I don't understand how anyone could still support slavery." I telepathically say to Anakin.

"I know. It makes them feel wealthy and powerful at the expense of others." He briefly pauses. "Before the Hutts bought my mother, she was sold in a market just like this."

This mission is beginning to make me question how effective the Republic truly is. We are devoting all of our resources to fighting an unnecessary war when we should be focusing on the people of the galaxy. Slavery should be one of the key things the Senate is addressing, not violence.

A group of twi'leks passes by us, only one at the end of the group falls over his own feet. The group stops and makes way for the abusive Zygerrian leading them.

"Get up, you useless skug!" He demands.

"Master, the bonds, they are too heavy." The exhausted man says.

The Twi'lek is incredibly skinny and pale compared to the colour he should be. It looks as though he had not eaten or slept in a very long time.  

"Tell it to my whip!" The Zygerrian threatens.

The Zygerrian takes out his whip and cracks it against the ground. The Twi'lek cowers, anticipating the brutal attack.

I am a Jedi Knight. It is my duty to protect those who are defenceless. I don't care if I am undercover, that is what I am going to do. I push past Anakin and Artoo and run to the Zygerrian man. I grab his wrist before he can strike the helpless slave and prevent him from causing any harm.

"Don't try it." I threaten.

He deactivates the electro-whip. "Ah, you dare touch me!"

Anakin quickly steps between us, pushing me back a little in the process. "Excuse my slave, friend. She is freshly caught."

"What have we here?" The Zygerrian asks. "You wear Zygerrian armour, but you are not one of us. Who are you?"

"I've come for an audience with the Queen." Anakin says, as though it is not a crazy request.

Whilst it may seem like my actions have gotten us into a bad situation, it could actually work in our favour. If Anakin plays his cards right, this guard will lead us to the Palace.

"Then you have an invitation? We can't just let anyone in to speak with Her Majesty."

"No invitation but I do bring news. News the Queen will be eager to hear." Anakin explains.

"I doubt that. You're nothing more than a brigand." He scoffs.

"I wouldn't say that, especially when the Queen learns you prevented her from hearing the news about Bruno Denturri." Anakin says, as arrogant as ever.

Two more guards approach from behind us and raise their blasters. In any other scenario, this outcome would be interpreted as problematic. For this one, however, I believe the initial hostility may end up working in our favour.

"Halt! Cease all hostilities!" The floating probe beside the original guard says. "This man is to be escorted to the palace by order of the Queen."

The guard growls slightly before walking past us and leading the way to the palace. As predicted, this has ended much better than it seemed it would.

Anakin shoots me a warning glare. "Were you trying to get yourself killed?"

"I was doing my duty as a Jedi." I reason.

Although he doesn't say anything, I know Anakin understands what I am saying. As a boy, all he wanted was for the Jedi to liberate Tatooine of slavery. He, more than anyone, is aware of how much I want to free the people of this place.

"And who exactly are you?" The Zygerrian asks Anakin, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Lars." Anakin replies. "Lars Quell."

The guard smirks slightly but chooses not to say more. I assume this is a good thing. He leads us up the long staircase to the Palace and opens the door inside. We are immediately welcomed into what seems to be the throne room.

A woman is sitting there, waiting. She is a feline humanoid like all Zygerrians, only far more elegant. Her features are defined by her golden eyes, tan skin, and well-structured face. She wears a mostly teal outfit with gold boots, arm braces, and neck rings. Her beauty indicates that she is the Queen.

"Make certain all preparations are complete for this evening." The elegant voice of the Queen says.

Her gold eyes avert from her birds to my husband. By the way her face lights up, I know she is very impressed by how handsome Anakin is. Queen or otherwise, she better keep her claws off my man.

She gasps. "And fetch refreshments."

"My Queen, I present Lars Quell." The guard introduces Anakin.

"Hmm. So you're the man who claims to be acquainted with Bruno Denturri?" She asks.

"Yes, your highness." Anakin says, removing his helmet. "However, when I spoke with him, he failed to describe your beauty."

Did Anakin just successfully flirt with a woman? No, it cannot be. My husband is incapable of such a smooth remark.

She chuckles. "Really? And did Bruno speak of my intense hatred of him? Or did that escape his memory as well?"

The guard holds a blaster to Anakin's head. My immediate instinct is to step between him and the blaster, however I cannot do that. I would break my cover.

"He needed not speak of it, Your Majesty." Anakin says, lowering the blaster from his face. "In fact, Bruno Denturri will not be speaking ever again."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Bruno Denturri is dead by my hand. Here is a slave from his palace, compensation for my efforts."

Anakin grabs a handful of fabric from the cloak I am wearing and yanks it off my body. I am not at all prepared for this, and am incredibly uncomfortable when my near naked body becomes exposed to them. 

As this is the first time he's seen me in my outfit, Anakin's jaw drops slightly at first glance. He covers this up by smirking at the Queen and attempting to place a hand on my arm. I quickly shrug it off in an attempt to seem believable.

"Unhand me you," I pause mid-shout, trying to think of the right word, "scum!"

Anakin raises his eyebrow at me, "Really (Y/N)?"

I offer a cringed smile in response to his question through our connection. If I try to say anything, I fear I may end up laughing at my own stupidity in this situation.

"You impress me, Lars Quell." The Queen applauds. 

She stands up from her throne, prompting the others to kneel. I am not one to bow before corruption and villainy. I am opposed to that on every possible level. Kneeling before the Queen only reinforces her unjustified position of power. It may be my duty as a slave to kneel with the others, but I will do no such thing.

"She's quite a prize. And to have defeated Bruno Denturri in combat? Well, you must be quite the warrior." The Queen gushes.

She begins to circle around me, inspecting my "condition" I assume. Between her intrusive nature and the flirting between her and my husband, I am ready to use the Force to choke her.

"The slave is certainly of fine stock. Bruno always knew how to choose a beautiful female." She admires.

The Queen attempts to move her hand closer to me but I swat it away with a ferocious manner. As a slave in this situation I am allowed to be somewhat hostile toward her, and there is no way I am letting her claws anywhere near me.

"Don't you dare touch me." I say with anger and malice.

I stand with my usually kind eyes staring into hers with intense feelings of disgust and loathing. I hate this woman and everything she stands for.

"Though she will have to be processed. Her demeanour leaves much to be desired." She scoffs. "What is your price for her?" 

"With respect, how can I price the beauty of this slave when I look upon the magnificence of your highness, whose beauty would make the brightest star seem dull by comparison?" Anakin flirts.

I stand with a look of both shock and disgust plastered on my face. How is it that he has such a way with words when in the presence of the Queen when I was gifted with a line about his dislike for sand? This smooth, charming man cannot be the awkward one I fell in love with.

The Queen laughs. "Lars Quell, you flatter me."

"No, Your Majesty. However..." He lowers his voice to a whisper that even I cannot hear.

The giggled response of the Queen increases my level of irritation. I simply stand behind them with my arms folded and roll my eyes. 

"Lars, stop it. Stop it!" She giggles, playfully swatting his arm. "You are a bold one, aren't you?"

"My reputation precedes me, then."

I turn around and look at Artoo. All it would take is one simple gesture for him to send my lightsaber to me.  With my handy weapon, I could kill the Queen and each of her guards in a matter of seconds. That would stop this slave trade to some degree, and it would also destroy this 'Lars' persona. 

I sigh as I wipe the idea from my mind. Regardless of my personal feelings toward the Queen and this mission at large, I am a Jedi. I have morals and teachings that I simply cannot cast aside.

"Perhaps we can find a way to put a price on your slave." She links her arm with my husband. "Come, walk with me."

The two walk ahead, and as the oh-so-loyal slave, I am forced to trail behind. Anakin doesn't give me so much as a glance. I understand that we have a mission, but I am beginning to see another side of Anakin Skywalker.

The Queen escorts us up to a rooftop courtyard of her Palace. If it weren't for the abundance of slaves, I would find this view exquisite.

Anakin and the Queen stand together conversing in the sunlight while a Twi'lek woman, Artoo, and I are forced to wait behind a little. It takes every ounce of willpower I have to not push the Queen over the railing.

"Slavery is the natural order of things. The weak deserve nothing more than to kneel before the strong, bound to our service." The Queen says.

After hearing this, I am beginning to wonder how Anakin is managing to stay in character. Slavery is possibly the thing he feels most strongly about in the galaxy. How he hasn't given in to his emotions yet is honestly astounding.

"I will need men with your talents to spread our ways across the galaxy." The Queen adds.

The Twi'lek girl beside me catches my attention through the anxious shaking of her hands beneath the gold tray she is holding. I observe her as she pulls out a knife and aims it toward the Queen. 

"Anakin!" I shout through our connection.

He turns around just in time to prevent the attack. He grabs the girl's hand before the knife reaches the Queen and holds onto her wrist as he pulls the weapon from her grasp.

"Let me go!" She shrieks.

Anakin does let her go, causing her to tumble backwards and land on the hard ground. I know this was not his intention. He, the Queen, and a guard all approach her.

"You dare raise a hand against your master? Clearly, you require further processing." The Queen sneers.

The terrified girl forces herself to her feet and stands onto the railing. "No! I won't go back there!"

The crazed look in her eyes is one I have seen many times during the Clone War. Terror. Her fear of life as a slave is greater than her fear of death.

"Wait! Stop!" Anakin urges upon realising her intentions.

She doesn't listen to him. Instead, she willingly jumps off the railing and falls to the ground below. I instinctively rush forward, but stop myself as I remember my place here. Anakin observes the scene of the accident. By the grief I feel through our connection, I know she didn't survive.

"Such a waste." The Queen scoffs. "But perhaps she was more trouble than she's worth. But you Lars... you are proving quite resourceful. Very well. I will pay your price for this slave girl. It seems I am...in need of a new servant."

Anakin snaps out of his regretful state and once again becomes Lars.

"She is my gift to you, your highness." He says.

Perhaps I need to get my hearing tested, for I believe Anakin just said that I am a gift to her. I get that this is a mission and all, but he better not have handed me over for free. I know my worth.

"You are a man of many surprises. It pleases me. I wish you to be my guest at the slave auction, and to sit at my side." She requests.

The Queen places her hand out, which Anakin gladly takes. The two walk hand in hand back inside the Palace, leaving me alone once again. This mission may prove to be the most emotionally challenging one yet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 318 43
"𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚘" "𝚆𝚑𝚢? 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢?" 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎�...
31.6K 1K 21
Fifteen year old Ahsoka Tano has been serving under her master, Pong Krell, for almost two years now. Throughout their time together her master has h...
43.4K 1.2K 14
𝙎𝙃𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂𝙎 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙎 | ❛ his thoughts are very loud ❜ in which they know it can't ever happen (again) [obi-wan kenobi x oc] [...
11.3K 449 37
𝕧𝕠𝕚𝕕 - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...