burning Ice

By nezuko_mr_kamado

(Cover credit: naughty_breeze) Due to a situation Khushi had to leave Raizada mansion. Now after five years A... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28

chapter 10

4.9K 371 91
By nezuko_mr_kamado

As the engagement date was nearing Arnav's heart beat was also increasing. Like hell he can not marry that Sheetal. He also thought to running away but that would be so "un-ASR-ish". Just imagine the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada has run away that too because he is afraid of getting married that will be one headline for sure. On the otherhand Khushi was so busy with her office work that he had barely seen her the last two days. The last decent conversation he had with her was on the shopping day.

He was thinking if he should do something. He was scared what if the engagement happens. No he has to do something. He can't just sit doing nothing. Though Khushi assured him but still. So he took out his phone and called his friday man Aman.

The person on the other end took the call but before he could even say hello our dear ASR had started shouting," Aman what is the progress in Sheetal's case. I told you to find out everything about Sheetal right? Then why didn't I get any result yet huh? Or are you going to bring the proofs after my marriage? I want every single details of her and that night that too before my engagement which is tomorrow or else you're fired." saying this he cut the call.

Aman was stupefied. How the hell is he supposed to know that if ASR had "the three letter word" with Sheetal that night or not. And its not like he hasn’t tried to find out. He has contacted the best PIs of Delhi but they couldn't say anything. "You're so fired Aman." he said to himself as he slumped on the bed.

Arnav cut the call and turned around only to see Sheetal in front of him. "That's what I was thinking. How can you not cause any ruckus and quitely agree for the marriage. Why can't you just marry me Arnav? You yourself say that you dont have any feelings for her right? If thats the case then what is the harm in marrying me. I don't look bad, I am educated and our choices and lifestyle is also nearly same. Or is it that you still haven't forgotten about your first wife. "

Arnav was totally annoyed. Why does he have to give explanation to her? "Yes you're right. Its her. I still haven't forgotten her and I still love her. Not that after hearing this you will stop this marriage. Now for god's sake will you stop your banter and stop shouting standing in the middle of the house." Arnav said and left from there.

Sheetal smirked as Arnav went from there." All of you Raizadas are just dumbs and you have proven that Arnav. Thanks for making me cautious." Sheetal said in her mind and came out of the house.
.....................................................

Dinner time

All were having there dinner when Khushi arrived. Seeing her late Arjun taunted," So Maharani ko waqt mil hi gaya? Ghar kyun ayi? Apne office pe hi so jati. Itna kaam hain na tumhe. ( so her highness has finally got the time to come home. Why did you come by the way. You could have stayed in the office right?)

Khushi roled her eyes and said," Bro I am really not in a mood of arguing. I am going to my room to change. Will cone in a minute."

" Ise kya hua.? ( now what happened to her?)" Abhijeet asked Arjun while the later just shrugged his shoulder indicating he didnt know.

Arnav was also thinking what might have happened to her. She was truly annoyed and he could say that by her looks. Maybe office work he concluded.

After few minutes Khushi came there and started having her dinner quietly which was very unusual. Seeing her Abhijeet asked," What happened Khushi? Are you upset over something? "

Khushi faked a smile at him and said," Nothing just office work."

Abhijeet changed the topic sensing she didnt want to talk about it. "So did you get leave from the office?"

"Yah I am not going to office tomorrow as well as the next day."

Abhijeet- " Good. Oh I remembered. Tomorrow a client of mine is coming home with his family . So I want you to be present."

"Why me? And why are they coming tomorrow? Dont they know that your engagement is on the day after tomorrow?" Khushi said as she stuffed food into her mouth.

" As a family member you need to be present right? And about tomorrow, actually they are returning to Shimla the day after tomorrow and it was pre planned so.." Abhijeet said.

Khushi sensed something unusual but still she let it go. Obviously she would come to know tomorrow. But at this moment she was not in a mood of worrying about something else because already she has enough things to worry about.

......................................................

The next day

Abhijeet welcomed Mr Narayan Mittal, his "client" and his family which consists of his son and wife. His son was nearly Arjun's age. And for some reason Arnav and Khushi both of them didn't like the way Abhijeet was behaving.

Anyways, Khushi decided to go with the flow. Though a mischievous idea was lurking in her mind. She kept that aside and thought to use that if needed. Thats what she is Khushi Singhania, always ready with a backup plan. She was having a very bad feeling that those mittals are here for her means for her rishta.

After a while, she was called to meet them. Thank god bhaiya didn't ask her to change into something like sari. Maybe because he didn't want her to know that they are talking about her marriage or maybe she was just thinking too much.

As she reached downstairs, she saw a man and she could guess that's Narayan Mittal, his wife and a boy who looked nearly of her age and she didn't feel something very good about them.

Abhijeet brought her forward and said," This is my little sister Khushi. And Khushi they are the Mittal family whom I told you about he is Narayan Mittal, her wife Shalini Mittal and their son Shravan Mittal."

Khushi greeted them giving a fake smile while they reciprocated. Shalini asked her to sit beside her. Touching her cheeks lovingly she said," Kitni pyaari bacchi ho tum. Tum kya kar rahi ho?"

Khushi-" Ji I am actually working in a company."

Shalini started talking to her asking what she can and what she can not do. And Khushi knew that her instincts were true and she was constantly throwing glares at Abhijeet which he was ignoring royally.

The moment when Shalini asked her that if she could cook or not Khushi knew thats her chance of escaping. " Yes aunty I can cook very well. You should definitely drink my handmade tea. Wait I will make tea right away." saying this she literally ran from.

"Chai pi ni hain na. Aaj hum chai pilate hain. Puri zindagi ki chai pine ki tamanna gayab ho jayegi. ( you want to drink tea right? I will make such tea that you won't be drinking tea ever again.)"

She smiled to herself and made her Khushi special tea which consists of nearly every spices she found in the kitchen. Atlast she put red pepper in the tea and mixed it well. Satisfied with her work she mentally patted herself and came out of the kitchen making an innocent face.

She carefully served the tea and sat beside Abhijeet. The Mittals took a sip and their face became pale. Khushi somehow stopped herself from rolling on the floor laughing. By her expression Abhijeet could tell she has done something and so he elbowed her to which she behaved as if she didnt know.

Mrs Mittal said," Beta I think there is some problem with the tea. How did you make it?"

Khushi smiled and said," Aunty it is a very secret recipe. But it always turns out to be good. Pata nahi aaj kya hua. Hum abhi ek aur cup bana k laate hain. ( I dont know what happened today. I will make another cup.)"

Drinking the same tea again was no less than torture. So they politely refused.

" Par aunty", Before Khushi could do something else Abhijeet interrupted and said, " Khushi you had work na? You were telling me. You can go to your room."

Khushi obviously knew what this meant. Giving a " You can try as much as you want" look she said," Ah bhaiya I was thinking to take Shravan with me. What will he do sitting with you elders."

"Thats a very bad sign. God knows what she is going to do. Hey bhagwanji please iss Savaan or Shravan jo bhi hain iss ki raksha karna. ( God please save this Shravan guy.)" Abhijeet prayed in his mind.

Mr and Mrs Mittal thought it would be a good idea as they will get to know each other so they agreed. Before Khushi left from there Abhijeet gave her a " Don't you dare do anything stupid." look. Whereas she replied giving a " You asked for it " look and left from there with Shravan.

....................................................

The Mittals left sooner than they were supposed to and Abhijeet knew exactly what the reason was. Khushi's another attemp obviously. " Ek aur nakaam koshish k baad Mr Abhijeet Singhania haar mante hue nazar aate. Aab dekhna yeh hain ki yeh koshish aur kitni baar jaari rehta hain. ( After another failed attempt Abhijeet Singhania seems to accept defeat. Lets see till how many times he tries his tactics)" Khushi came there holding a carrot as if it was a microphone and came near him.

"What did you do to him Khushi? And tell me one thing how many times will you reject these boys. And give a good reason why did you reject them? Besides what did you mix in their tea?" Abhijeet asked.

" Bhaiya, you know that I am not ready for marriage. I need to do many things before I get married. And about rejecting this guy I have a pretty good reason. I can not marry a man who doesn’t have a bit of self respect. A true mamma's boy. I am not saying this is wrong. But he himself can not differentiate between the right and wrong. And about your last question I didnt mix things with the tea, I mixed the tea with things. And the things are the spices which I found in kitchen." Khushi gave reason.

"And how did you scared him this time?" Abhijeet asked being unsure.

"This time I have a partner in crime." Khushi said sheepishly.

Abhijeet-" Who??"

" Aap ka best friend. Arnav Singh Raizada."

"Whatttttt!!!!!", Abhijeet nearly shouted. " usko bhi shamil kar doya tune? Amd where is he btw?"

"There he is" Khushi said as she spotted Arnav.

"Seriously Arnav didn't expect this from you. What did you guys do btw?" asked Abhijeet.

Arnav scratched the back of his and Khushi gave the most innocent smile she could." Actually...... I told that pavan or Shravan guy that ASR is my boyfriend and we are going to elope."

Abhijeet face palmed and said," Nothing better could be expected from you. Anyways tomorrow is my D day so I dont want to ruin that scolding you. So let this be."

"I hope you are not going to do anything more. Just stop your tries my dear bhaiya. I will marry only when I am ready and you wont have to tell me that time. I will elope and marry if needed." Khushi said gigglingly.

......................................................

Khushi was working on her laptop when se heard a knock at her door. "Come in", she said without looking at the door.

" This time I didn't forget to knock." she heard Arnav's voice.

She closed her laptop and said," Oh ASR, you're here? You need something?"

"No actually I was feeling bored and not sleepy. Then I saw you're room and the light was still on so thought that if uhm....that..."

"You could talk to me?" Khushi completed his sentence.

"Yah", he scratched the back of his head.

" I think you wont find something interesting talking to me. All I can help is that you will get bored hearing my talks and fall asleep." Khushi said.

"You're the most interesting girl I have ever met Khushi." Arnav said without realizing.

"Aww thanks for the compliment. Anyways so what can I do for you? Lets go downstairs and talk. I also need to make coffee for myself. I can also make you one."

"No if your coffee is same as your tea then not needed."

Khushi laughed heartily at this and said," No. Special tea for special persons like them. I will make normal coffee for us. Lets go."

Arnav got lost in her laughter. How can someone's smile can be so pure.

Seeing him irresponsive Khushi snapped her finger in front of him. " Hello Mr where are you lost?" she asked. He shook his head sideways indicating nothing.

" But what if anyone saw us?" he asked her.

"I don't think anyone is awake at this time. Its 2 am." Khushi said and pulled him to the kitchen.

"So what is your plan for tomorrow?" Arnav asked.

"Plan? What plan?" Khushi said being confused.

"You know, breaking my engagement." Arnav said.

" I told that I wont let the marriage happen. I dont have any plans for tomorrow." Khushi said.

Arnav-" What? You mean to say I may have to get engaged to her?"

"Yah obviously." Khushi said as a matter of fact.

Arnav needed a back up plan for sure. He cannot let that Sheetal put ring where Khushi has put.

"Khushi can I ask you something if you don't mind." Arnav asked being unsure.

"Hmm", Khushi said as she pulled out the things from the shelves.

" Why dont you want to get married?" Khushi stopped what she was doing for a while.

"Actually I dont find the necessity of marrying. I dont want to share my life with anyone." Khushi said as she continued her work.

"But you need to get married someday or other." Though Arnav didn't even like the thought of her getting married to some one else. But he needed to know her decision.

"I can also say that right ASR? I mean you also dont want to get married." Khushi said as she gave him his coffee.

"I actually...... Uhmm."

Seeing him hesitant, Khushi said," Its okay if you don't want to say."

Arnav thought for a while if he should say or not. After a while he spoke," Khushi I want to share something."

"Yes" Khushi said as she took a sip From her coffee.

Taking a deep breath he started," Khushi I was married."

Khushi literally spitted her coffee. " What you're married. And you're still going to marry. You know its a crime right?"

"Is she mad or what? Obviously mad. How can you forget." Arnav thought to himself. " I said that I was married. Was. Past." he told Khushi.

"Oh." He heard her saying. But still no expression. " What did you expect she will do when she hear this? Bharat natyam?" his inner voice.

" And my ex wife, her name was Khushi." He dropped the last bomb on her and that did the work. This time she actually spitted on him.

" I am sorry. I will clean it right away. But what!!!!!! DID I hear that right? No wonder your family hates me and thats the reason." she said as she brought a tissue and wiped his shirt.

"Wait hates you? Did they do or say something?" Arnav said.

" Oh no. Actually you know by their looks its obvious they dont like me that much especially your di. Anyways can I say something?" Khushi asked.

" Your ex wife is really weird and fool I must say. Like who on the earth leaves Arnav Singh Raizada. I mean look at you. You are one of the most eligible bachelor of India. By the way, media never found out about your marriage. That's why you're still considered a bachelor." Khushi said.

" Yah actually Khushi I mean my ex wife she never wanted to come in front of media." Arnav said.

"Anyways, your coffee must have turned cold." Khushi said.

" Oh yah" Arnav said as he took a sip from his mug and savoured the taste of it. "After so many years...... Still got the same taste." Arnav thought to himself.

Thanks for voting and commenting in the previous chater they encourage me alot. Anyways here is the next chapter. Do vote if you liked it and tell me how it was in the comment section.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.8K 7
What if they would have completed their six month of contract? What if Arnav got to know about the truth after khushi leaves RM? How will Arnav pu...
241K 7.6K 19
✨Highest rank #15 in short story (18June2K17) Changed to Fanfiction Sub genre- Short Story, Mystery ***UNEDITED*** Khushi kumari gu...
49.8K 2.4K 6
A girl who is blissfully living her life with her husband meets her past which was hidden from her. What will be her reaction and what changes that p...
471K 20.4K 46
What if Arnav had come to know about the real truth of Shyam during his stay in Lakshmi nagar? What if Arnav realised his mistakes and asked forgiven...