Hunter [h.s.]

By chips-aharry

"The perfect hunter has patience. He has technique and he understands his prey. And his prey won't ever see h... More

Hunter [h.s.]
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 2

320 7 3
By chips-aharry

New characters on the side ayyee.  

Chapter 2

I had finally gotten to England and I was amazed. The smallest things were different and those small things held the ability to amaze me.

They also held the ability to confuse the hell out of me, but I ignored them. I managed to get a taxi driver who was kind enough to drive me to the bank where I told him I would be trading my American dollars for the native pounds. Part of me was scared to leave all my stuff in the car with him, but I went outside and thankfully when I got out the place he was there still.

I was excited and drained when I got to the university. I was tired because planes aren't comfortable beds and I was also just stressed and already feeling homesick so I definitely needed the bed.

When I reached the uni, I realized I could use some help with my luggage. There wasn't any way I'd be able to take everything to my room by myself. I looked around helplessly and pressed my hand to my temple, closing my eyes. I suddenly felt way in over my head.

"Are you okay?"

The voice made me open my eyes and turn around. It was a guy. He stared at me with concern in his light hazel eyes as he frowned at me.

I bit my lip and honestly said, "I need help taking in my things." I motioned to where my two suitcases, three boxes, and a bag were. His eyebrows rise at the amount of stuff.

"I see why," he murmured, putting his hand to his chin. He circled the things and said, "Um, I doubt I can carry all that," my hope dried up, "so I'll go get some of my friends." With that it returned as I smiled in relief. He returned it and held up a finger. "Hold on one second."

"Okay," I giggled happily as he ran off, with his quite long, dark hair bouncing behind him.

I stood and waited, looking at my phone to see once again where my dorm was. I gnawed on my lip and then nodded. "Okay," I said softly. My head lifted as I heard voices approaching me and I saw the guy from earlier along with two others.

They were all pretty good looking in all honesty but more importantly they looked muscly too.

I smiled at them and then the guy said, "Adam. Jay. This is the lovely lady in need of help." He motioned to me and I waved.

"That would be me," I nodded.

"And what might your name be?" The one to ask had light green eyes and a charming smirk. He immediately spelled out player.

"I'm Aaliyah," I introduced. "You?"

"I would be Jay," he continued, looking me up and down. I became slightly uncomfortable from there and I turned to his other friend. "So you're Adam and..." I turned to the one I first met.

He got the memo and said, "Oh. Danny." He stuck his hand out for me and I took it, shaking it.

"Nice to meet you. And my room is in the G wing. Room 435." I picked up my bag and put it on my shoulder, then dragging the case behind me. "But you can just follow me, guys."

I think I heard Jay go, "Gladly," but I ignored it anyways. I had a map of the campus so I was somehow able to find wing G without relying on the ones who actually went here.

"So you're a freshman?" Adam questioned.

I glanced back at him. "Yeah. Well, I'm a sophomore since I had enough credits for it."

"Damn. Does that mean you're smart?" he continued.

I chortled. "Uh. I guess?"

They laughed with me at my response and then Danny asked, "What made you choose Marin?"

I thought for a moment and then shrugged. "I wanted to come to England and this seemed like a nice and settle place, you know?"

"Hmm."

Before long we'd reached the G wing and we all had to cramp ourselves into the elevator. Jay took this opportunity to try and get close to me, but I would glare at him and roll my eyes at his attempts of seduction.

When the elevator dinged he went, "Ladies first." I got off happily, looking for 435 immediately. It actually wasn't too far off of where the elevator was located. I stood in front of my room and realized I didn't have a key. I sighed and then just knocked, hoping there'd be a response.

I heard voices inside and I glanced awkwardly at the three guys waiting on me. They only smiled at me comfortingly before soon the door opened.

"Hi!" a perky blonde greeted. Her eyes were blue and she had a nose piercing. "Are you by any chance my new roommate?"

My face brightened and I nodded. "Yes, actually." I nodded at the guys. "They just need to bring in my things."

“I’m Ronnie,” she beamed.

"Hi, Veronica," Jay greeted.

She only scoffed at him and I bit my lip so I didn't laugh. "Come on in." She opened the door and exposed another girl in the room, sitting on one of the beds. She stood up as the boys entered. Her hair was toffee colored and slightly messy and she had tan skin with cute brown eyes. She smiled at me and walked out the room to where Ronnie and I watched on the sidelines.

"Hello," she said with an accent different from Ronnie's.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Uh. This is Jade. Sorry, I don't really know your name..." Ronnie said.

"Aaliyah," I filled in. I stuck my hand out to Jade. "Nice to meet you." I then gave Ronnie my hand. "You too of course."

She smiled kindly to me and said, "I can say the same." She giggled and glanced at Jade. "Expect to see this cheeky one around a lot. We're kind of best friends."

The boys were now leaving the room and I turned to them. "Oh! Thank you, thank you so much."

"No problem," Danny excused, waving it off.

"Anything for a pretty girl," Adam nodded.

I nearly blushed.

"You should call me sometime," Jay added.

"Ugh," Ronnie went. "As her roommate and future friend, I'll be advising her not to, thank you very much."

He rolled his eyes at her while Danny laughed. "Come on, now, tiger, let's get out of here." He patted Jay's back and turned him towards the elevator, glancing back at me. "If you need anything else such as a friend or whatever I actually put my number on one of the boxes."

I smiled. "Okay, thanks again!"

"You're very welcome!" Jay responded. Danny hit him on the head and basically everyone but Jay (who went "ow!") began to laugh.

"Come on inside," Ronnie invited.

"Uh..." I trailed off. "Okay. I think I'm gonna hit the pillow though, because I'm beat."

Ronnie shrugged. "Go right at it."

I smiled and when I got to my bed I did just that.

-

When I woke up it was 5:00 in the evening and Ronnie and her friend were long gone. I frowned and sat up, rubbing my eyes and saw the room was dim. I sighed and got up, smoothing out the wrinkles put in my clothes by my rest.

I looked down at my phone checking the time. I knew it would probably die soon, but I wanted to go out and look around campus or something. As I began to move I realized I was also just hungry.

I whined and soon found myself walking towards the campus food court. All my mind could think of was food as my stomach gurgled and churned drastically.

I saw a few familiar places around me, but I chose to go into Subway because I felt hungry enough to eat a foot long.

Not really.

When I finished eating I had to put 6 inches back into my bag. But at least I had something I could eat later, I guess. And as I was just about to leave the food court I froze.

Starbucks.

Maybe it was just me being a "common white girl" but I practically stormed into the coffee shop, looking for a fix. (Yeah, I sound like an addict.)

I walked up to the counter where a black girl with blue hair stood behind the register. That's a new one.

I sighed heavily once I reached her and one of her eyebrows rose softly. "One of those days?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Sort of? I mean: I'm not having a bad day it's just a tiring stressful day. Even though I just woke up from a long nap," I elaborated.

She nodded. "Whats up?"

Even though I’d just met her, for some reason I actually began to answer quite genuinely. "Nothing really. I just got here. I kind of already miss my family and friends... My old city even. I just..."

She nodded. "Yep. Homesickness. We all experience it. I'm guessing you're from America, too, right?"

I nodded. "Right."

She looked behind her. "Lexi."

A tiny girl with honey colored hair and brown eyes approached us. She appeared as though she might be Latina but I wasn't altogether sure. "Yeah?"

"Remember when you first got here?" she was asked.

Lexi frowned but then nodded slowly.

Her friend said to me, "She's a senior so she really had to think."

Lexi rolled her eyes but giggled. "Yeah, yeah. But what about it?"

"She's," I was motioned to, "a freshman. Homesick."

Lexi’s brown eyes glanced at me and she exclaimed, "Oh! Okay. Yeah, don't worry honey. You'll get, like, better. It doesn't last too long. Especially once you've made your own friends and gotten all settled in." She smiled warmly and something about her really reminded me of a type of mother figure. Her words were actually very convincing and comforting so I smiled.

"Wow. Thanks for putting it in that perspective," I said.

She waved her hand. "No big deal. We've all been through it." I nodded and she asked, "What's your name?"

I said, "Aaliyah."

Her eyebrows rose. "Oohh. Aaliyah. That's a saucy name." She giggled and her friend chortled.

"She said the same thing when I met her," she informed me.

"Well, Sasha is a saucy name," Lexi insisted. "You guys both have saucy names. I'm just Lexi."

"You're not just Lexi," Sasha denied and Lexi hugged Sasha. My thoughts on Lexi grew fond because she was actually really cute.

"Do you think we'd be fired if we invited Aaliyah into our hug over here?" Lexi asked.

Sasha glanced at me and then back at her coworkers who didn't seem that busy. There weren't many people in here at the moment. Just a one group of friends and some curly haired guy on the right. "Probably shouldn't risk it, but maybe we can hug you some other time?" she jokingly offered.

My eyes widened. "Does this mean I've just made a friend?"

"Uh, two," Lexi intervened.

I smiled widely. "Two."

She laughed and I joined happily. Maybe she's right. Maybe with friends I won't be so upset about being here. Maybe this would be a good thing—a good chapter in my life.

Sasha then straightened out her back. "Oh yeah, what did you want to order again?"

-

Promise the chapters get longer and a bit more interesting okayyy I’m really just trying to build up rn. Next chapter isn’t so boring ayyeee and the one afterwards too lol. Thanks for reading you beautiful people I love you guuyys.

- Jaxxy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 1.5K 54
Sa muling pagkakataon subaybayan natin si Jude sa Malibog nyang kwento.At ang nga masasaya,malulungkot at nakakaiyak nyang karanasan. This story c...
31.3K 54 10
just a bunch of random one-shots of smutt🤭
197K 1K 191
Mature content