Together Hamesha (MaNan Versi...

By IntricatelyExpressed

Nandini : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Manik. You and I, it's over Manik. It's over. Two souls, Mani... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
For my Readers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 28

813 38 0
By IntricatelyExpressed

*One week later*

The morning sunshine peeked in through the curtains of Nandini's room. Lying still on the bed, there was a serene expression etched on her features. 

"Nandini, I missed you so much!" Manik said and planted kisses all over her face. Although she had decided to be upset and angry, seeing him in front of her, melted all her anger away. 

"I missed you too!" She said with tears in her eyes. 

He took her in for a bone crushing hug to which Nandini responded with equal fervour. 

"Nandini.." someone called out. Nandini stirred in her sleep but refused to open her eyes. As she heard her name being called out again, she slowly opened her eyes and rubbed them to adjust to the light in the room. Looking around, she realized that once again, all it had been was just a dream. A dream that she woke up to every morning since the last week, only to have her day filled with disappointment. It had been a week since she was out of her comatose state. A week since every person she was acquainted with had either paid her a visit or called her or texted her to ask about her health except that one person she had been dying to make contact with. Manik. He hadn't even given her a single call or dropped her a text to ask about her wellbeing in the past week. Neither had the other members of Fab 5. Why were they behaving weird? Her thoughts were interrupted when Chachi spoke. 

Chachi : Dekh Nandu, aaj mere tere liye tera favourite nashta laayi hu. 

Chachi started unpacking the tiffin when Nandini turned towards her. 

Nandini : Manik? 

She asked, just like she did every morning, although she knew what Chachi's answer would be. The smile on Chachi's face wiped off. Before she could reply to her question, Abhimanyu barged in through the door, announcing his arrival. 

Abhimanyu : Good morning Nandini! 

He wished chirpily. Nandini smiled and wished him back. The day after the initial tests that coma patients have to go through and after ruling out all possible side effects of the surgery, Dr. Mehra had very carefully broken the news of Abhimanyu's return to Nandini. He didn't want to overwhelm her brain with shocks. When he was sure that Abhimanyu's arrival wouldn't have a negative effect on Nandini's health, only then did he let Abhimanyu meet Nandini. Nandini had been over the moon on seeing Abhimanyu alive. If she wasn't bound by needles and machines, she would have jumped right out of the bed and hugged the life out of him. That's how much she had missed him. Since Nandini had woken up, Abhimanyu had always been by her side. He would come in the morning, stay for the day and then leave at night because Chacha insisted on staying at the hospital at night. If it wasn't for Abhimanyu, Nandini would have lost her mind in these four walls. 

Nandini : Toh aaj bhi wahi same bouquet laaye ho? 

Nandini asked sheepishly. Abhimanyu scratched his nape in embarrassment. Since the day she had woken up, Abhimanyu bought her a bouquet of her favourite roses everyday. But what Nandini wasn't aware of was that these flowers were from Manik and not Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu's mind wandered back to the day when he had the bouquet delivered at his place for the very first time. 

*Flashback*

Abhimanyu was locking the door of his house to leave for the hospital when a delivery boy came and tapped on his shoulder. Abhimanyu turned around. The delivery boy handed him a bouquet of roses. Abhimanyu furrowed his brows.

Abhimanyu : Yeh maine order nahi kia hai.

Delivery boy : Lekin address toh yahi ka hai. 

Abhimanyu still couldn't figure out who would send him a bouquet of roses. 

Delivery boy : Ismei ek note hai. Shayad usmei likha ho. 

Abhimanyu nodded his head and the delivery boy left. He fished the note and unfolded it. 

Yeh Nandini ke liye hai. Uske liye le jaana. And make sure she doesn't know that I've sent them. Tell her that you got them for her. I'll send one everyday. Take care of her! Aur usse kuch bhi pata nahi chalna chahiye.

Abhimanyu sighed and folded the note. No one knew where Manik was or what was going on in his mind. 

*Flashback ends*

Nandini : Arey kaha kho gaye? Ab flowers laaye ho toh vase mei bhi rakh do. 

Nandini said naughtily and smiled. Abhimanyu nodded and walked to the side table where the vase was kept. He discarded the old flowers and placed the new ones in their place. Once done, he turned towards Nandini.

Abhimanyu : Vaise aaj mei tumhare liye ek aur surprise laaya hu.

He smirked while Nandini looked confused. 

Abhimanyu : Come in! 

He called out. Nandini's eyes lit up. Her heart rate increased as she thought about the one person whom she had been dying to meet. As soon as the door opened, Mukti, Cabir, Alya and Dhruv entered the room with huge smiles plastered on their faces. Dhruv closed the door behind him. Chacha had gone to Mangalore for some important work and they finally had a chance to meet Nandini. But Nandini's smile faded at their sight. Where was Manik? This was all that her mind wanted an answer to. She was happy to see them but her heart craved the presence of the only person who wasn't present. 

Nandini : Manik nahi aaya? 

She inquired. The happiness of seeing Nandini after so many days drained off Fab 4's faces. They all exchanged worried glances. And Nandini was quick to notice the hesitation in their stances. Every time she would ask anyone about Manik, a vague look would cloud their features. It was as if they didn't know where he was or as if it was something she wasn't supposed to know. Well both ways, she didn't know that she was correct.

Cabir : Woh abhi bhi London mei hai. Kuch kaam reh gaya tha toh usse waha rukna pada. Don't worry woh 2-3 days mei aa jaayega. Fir ache se khabhar lena uski. 

Cabir quickly covered up before Nandini's detective mode would resurface. Nandini slightly nodded her head with a small smile. She knew everyone had been lying to her about Manik's whereabouts. They had told her that he had been in London since the past two weeks. But Nandini very well remembered that she had hazily seen his retreating figure the night she had woken up. If he had been in London a week back, then whom had she seen? She was sure it had been Manik but everybody's words made her believe otherwise. 

Mukti : Vaise hum tumhare liye kuch laaye hai.

Saying this, Mukti pulled out a lunch box from her bag and placed it in front of Nandini. Something fell from her bag while doing so but no one noticed it. 

Nandini : Kya hai ismei?

She asked as she stared at the red and blue box. 

Alya : Kholkar dekh lo. 

Alya said with a smile. Nandini was quick to take the box and open it. The contents of the box put an instant smile on her face. 

Nandini : Noodles!

She looked like a kid who had just received her favourite candy. 

Cabir : Isse pehle ki Dr. Arohi aa jaaye, jaldi se kha lo. Warna woh tumhe ek bite bhi nahi lene dengi. 

Cabir said jokingly. Everyone laughed at his words as Chachi handed a spoon to Nandini. 

Chachi : Sirf thoda sa hi khana. Yeh sab abhi teri health ke liye acha nahi hai. 

Nandini nodded and put a spoonful of noodles in her mouth. As soon as the morsel touched her taste buds, Nandini's eyes widened in surprise. All her doubts about everyone lying to her about Manik were confirmed the moment she tasted those noodles. She could forget anything but not the taste of noodles made by Manik. But what she didn't understand was the reason behind all these lies. Why had everyone been hell bent on making her believe that Manik was in London and not in Mumbai? Since her head was lowered, no one had seen the change in her expressions. She composed herself. She knew if she asked directly, they would all cook up another lie. 

Nandini : Wow! Yeh toh bahut acha hai. Kisne banaya? 

She glanced between the people present in the room. Mukti's posture stiffened. She was the only person who knew that Manik had sent this for Nandini. She didn't have an answer to Nandini's question yet. Unknowingly, Cabir came to her rescue. 

Cabir : Agar Mukti laayi hai toh ussi ne banaya hoga na.

He stated the obvious. The response was so spontaneous that Nandini didn't think he was lying. If she didn't know better, she would have believed it to be true. But she didn't show that she had caught his lie. She had a little more noodles and then closed the box and kept it on the side table. Chachi offered breakfast to all of them and they sat around, talking and laughing. 

In an unknown location

Manik woke up as the sun rays disturbed his sleep. He rubbed his eyes and glanced at the date on the clock. 7 days. It had been 7 days since he ran away like a coward, informing no one about his whereabouts. 7 days since he had seen Nandini. 7 days since he had locked himself up in a room and was drowning in his pain and miseries, alone. And to add to his sufferings, every morning his mind would travel back to the night when he chose to write his and Nandini's fate. 

*Flashback*

Manik's body froze. Everything around him came to a standstill as his heart started pounding against his chest. He didn't know if this was the reality or just another one of the illusions that he desperately wanted to be true. Slowly, he turned around. As soon as he caught sight of their hands, a smile started to make its way on his lips and tears started rolling down his cheeks. He wasn't dreaming. It wasn't a mirage. Nandini had indeed held his hand. As his eyes travelled to her face, he saw her slightly moving her head and mumbling something incomprehensible in her semiconscious state. He moved closer to listen to what she was saying. 

"Ma.. Manik"

Hearing his name roll out of her mouth after more than 2 weeks, happiness shot up his body as a humongous smile broke out on his face. 

Manik : DOCTOR! DOCTOR!

He screeched his lungs out. Abhimanyu, who was heading towards Nandini's room to inform Manik about Chacha-Chachi's return, heard his scream and dashed towards the room. He pushed the door open only to come face to face with Manik's full blown smile. His brows furrowed in confusion but as soon as he noticed Nandini shifting in sleep, he understood the reason behind Manik's grin. He quickly ran to Dr. Mehra's cabin to inform him about Nandini's movements. Manik's joy knew no bounds. He was on top of the earth and the smile didn't leave his face. But could he stay happy for long? All the happiness drained off his face as realization hit him in the gut at the speed of lightning. He stumbled behind but Nandini's grip on his hand was strong. With great difficulty, Manik freed his hand from her grip. Still staring at her, he staggered backwards and out of the room. All Nandini saw was Manik's fuzzy figure going away from her. 

Abhimanyu came back with Dr. Mehra only to see Manik walking away from Nandini's room. Abhimanyu couldn't comprehend Manik's behavior. A minute back, he looked like someone who couldn't contain his happiness and now he was walking away from that very person who could fill his heart with contentment. While Dr. Mehra entered Nandini's room, Abhimanyu went behind Manik. Right now, Manik needed him more than Nandini did. 

Manik reached the parking area. The entire time, from Nandini's room to the parking area, his mind was clogged with unpleasant thoughts. The most prominent ones being, 'I have to stay away from Nandini. I can't be with her. If she gets to know, she'll again try to harm Nandini. And I can't let that happen. Nandini cannot know that I had been here. She has to hate me..' Manik's thoughts were interrupted when he heard Abhimanyu call him out. His body tensed up at Abhimanyu's voice. He turned around to see Abhimanyu striding towards him. 

Abhimanyu : Tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? Andar chalo Manik. 

Abhimanyu held Manik's hand and pulled him along but Manik stayed rooted to the ground. Abhimanyu turned around, his eyes widened in shock. Manik slightly shook his head sideways as tears pooled in his eyes. Abhimanyu looked at him in disbelief. 

Abhimanyu : Kyu? 

Manik lowered his lashes. 

Manik : Tum jaante ho kyu. 

His voice was a mere whisper. But the anguish lacing in his voice wasn't hidden from Abhimanyu. But today, Abhimanyu was in no mood to pay any heed to his torment. 

Abhimanyu : Nahi Manik. Mei nahi jaanta hu. Batao mujhe. Pichle do hafto se hum sab bas yeh pray kar rahe hai ki Nandini ko hosh aa jaaye. Sabse jyada tum chahte the ki Nandini uth jaaye. Fir jab aaj woh ho raha hai toh tum bhaag kyu rahe ho? Kyu tum usse nahi milna chahte ho?

He questioned bluntly. He had had enough of them being away from each other. 

Manik : Kyunki agar mei uske paas raha toh woh Nandini ko chodegi nahi.

He sighed as he understood the meaning behind Manik's words.

Manik : She'll find another way to harm her. And after knowing what she has done this time, I can't take any risks Abhimanyu. I can't pull Nandini into this with me. Agar usse kuch hogaya toh.. toh mei apne aap ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paaunga. To protect her, I have to go away from her. 

He said in a determined tone. If this is what he has to do in order to save Nandini, he would do it in a heartbeat, no matter how much his heart hurt. 

Abhimanyu : Lekin usse dur rehkar tum usse kaise protect karoge Manik? 

He asked exasperatedly. What the hell was even wrong with Manik!

Manik : Mera usse dur rehna hi yeh guarantee hai that she won't come near Nandini. 

He said as a distant look fleeted through his face. Abhimanyu didn't like it one bit but he knew that if Manik had made a decision, especially the one that involved Nandini, there was no way anyone could change his mind. But he still tried.  

Abhimanyu : Aur agar Nandini tumhare baare mei puchegi toh hum usse kya kahenge? 

He talked about the only person whose name could make him rethink his decision. 

Manik : Usse keh dena ki mei London mei hu. 

Came Manik's immediate reply. Abhimanyu's eyes bulged out of his sockets as the words left Manik's lips. 

Abhimanyu : Tu-tum London jaa rahe ho? 

He asked, astonished. 

Manik : Mei kaha jaa raha hu yeh matter nahi karta hai. Just promise me that Nandini won't know about any of this. Neither me nor her and not even Chacha's misunderstanding. Usse koi kuch nahi kahega. 

Manik held his hand out. 

Abhimanyu : Lekin Manik..

Manik : Koi lekin nahi Abhimanyu. Just promise me. 

Reluctantly, Abhimanyu placed his palm on Manik's and gave him the promise that would do more harm than good. Manik left from there while Abhimanyu headed back towards Nandini's room.

*Flashback ends*

Manik let out a heavy breath. He got out of bed and went to the bathroom. There was hardly any time left before he would call Abhimanyu, just like he did everyday, to ask about Nandini's health. 

In Nandini's room

All of them had been giggling away at one of Cabir's jokes when Dr. Arohi entered the room. Gathering their belongings, all of them left the room so that Dr. Arohi could check Nandini up and change her dressing. Dr. Arohi was about to remove Nandini's bandage when she noticed a piece of paper under her foot. She picked it up. 

Dr. Arohi : Yeh tera hai kya? 

She asked Nandini. 

Nandini : Nahi toh. Dikha.

Dr. Arohi handed the paper over to Nandini. Nandini unfolded it and the elements of the note left her flabbergasted. Seeing the change in Nandini's expressions, Dr. Arohi spoke. 

Dr. Arohi : Aisa kya hai ismei ki tere hosh hi udd gaye?

Nandini glimpsed at her, a resolute look on her face. 

Nandini : Mera ek kaam karegi? 

In an unknown location 

Manik had freshened up. He picked up his phone from the side table and dialled Abhimanyu's number. Pressing his phone against his ear, he patiently waited for Abhimanyu to receive the call. On the third ring, he heard a beep indicating that his call had connected. Before Manik had the chance to say anything, Abhimanyu spoke. 

Abhimanyu : Nandini thik hai. Dr. Arohi uska check up kar rahi hai. Her recovery rate is pretty good. And we all have still been lying to her about you. 

It had become a routine. Every day at the time when Dr. Arohi came to check Nandini up, Manik would call Abhimanyu and ask the same questions. Abhimanyu was so used to the monotony that he didn't need Manik to ask anything anymore. He knew what Manik wanted to hear even before Manik voiced his thoughts out. Manik just nodded, although Abhimanyu couldn't see him. He was about to disconnect the call when Abhimanyu spoke again.

Abhimanyu : Bas karo Manik. Enough is enough. Apne aap ko aur Nandini ko torture karna bandh karo. She has been constantly asking about you and we can't conceal the truth from her anymore. She deserves to know everything and she needs you to be by her side. I'm tired of seeing her dejected face every time the door of her room opens and she expects you to walk in through the door but it's someone else who enters. Please come back, Manik. 

Before Manik could put his explanation forward, they all heard a piercing scream. Nandini's scream. Manik's entire body paralysed at the voice. Before he could come out of the shock and know what was happening at the hospital, the line went dead. He tried to call again but not a single person received his calls. Manik's heartbeat accelerated. All kinds of obnoxious thoughts filled his brain. Not having the patience to wait anymore, he took his car keys and left for the hospital. 

All the way to the hospital, Manik drove like a mad man. His mind had refused to let go of all the dreadful possibilities while he could hear the hammering of his heart against his chest. As soon as he reached the hospital, he hastily parked his car and bolted towards Nandini's room. Fab 4, Abhimanyu and Chachi were astounded to see Manik running towards them. Paying no heed to any of them, he pushed open the door of Nandini's room. What he saw inside, shocked the daylights out of him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....❀ Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
30K 3K 17
Falling in love is one of the most beautiful feelings in this world. Other hand opposite side of love is the most hurtful feeling in this world. Two...
153K 7.9K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
71.9K 4.3K 27
Ranked 6 in #manan on 26/04/23 After the Breakup, Nandini gets expelled.. She begs Manik to stop her but he doesn't, and she leaves forever.. Will th...