Here

By Bwilli2003

⚠️ MATURE⚠️ This story contains strong use of language and mature scenes. If you are offended easily do not... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Authors note

Chapter Twenty-Nine

6.7K 349 121
By Bwilli2003

I pet Zeus as he had his head laying on my stomach.

I checked my phone.

4:38 a.m.

I couldn't sleep. Zeus sure was knocked out though. I was scared for court tomorrow. Well, today. The session would be at 9:00 a.m.

I pushed zeus to the side then got out of bed, heading towards the bathroom to take a shower. I stepped inside on the cool tile floor and turned the shower on, allowing the water to warm.

I brushed my teeth then pulled off my clothes. I then grabbed a plastic bag from the sink cabinet along with thick tape and wrapped my cast, to prevent it from getting wet. I stepped into the shower, allowing the warm water to consume me.

I washed my hair faster than usual. I was still getting used to my short hair. I loved it.

I scrubbed my body clean then grabbed a towel, drying my body off. I then lightly dried my hair.

I grabbed the bottle of moose that Stella gave me and began to scrunch my hair, pushing it towards my scalp from the ends.

I stepped into the organized closet and dropped my towel. I grabbed a grey sweater and pulled it over my black sports bra. I then put on black underwear and pulled sweatpants on.

I laid back down in the bed. Zeus  crawled back towards me and laid his head back onto my stomach.

I laid there, drifting off.

____________________________________

I yawned and stretched.

I peeked at my phone. It was 6:50 a.m. now. I scrolled to the camera on my phone and turned on the flash. I held it up with my left hand, and snapped a picture of Zeus.

I then set him as my background and lock screen out of boredom.

I tapped on the security camera and tapped through each one, seeing nothing. I sighed.

Zeus lifted his head and yawned, positioning his head to look at me.

"Well good morning." I said, patting his head.

He stared at me.

I probably needed to take him out.

I raised myself upright. Zeus lifted his head up.

"C'mon Zeus." I said as I got out of the bed, snapping at him.

He jumped off the bed and walked to the shut bedroom door, sitting down as he waited for me.

I pulled on a pair of pink flip flops then grabbed my phone off my bed and headed out the door, Zeus following hot on my heels.

I went into the pantry, looking for a leash.

Bingo. There was a Black one laying right beside the dog food bag.

I picked it up and headed to the front door, calling Zeus.

He ran after me, sitting on the doormat.

I put his leash on and unlocked the door, opening and stepping outside with him.

It was dark outside, the sun hadn't risen yet.

Zeus ran to the nearest bush, releasing himself after he sniffed around the bush.

I headed back to the door but paused when I saw headlights pulling into the driveway.

I sighed in relief when the black mustang parked, Stella hopping out with a bag in her arms.

"Good morning dear." She said as we walked inside the front door. I let her pass me then shut the door behind her, then letting Zeus off his leash.

"Good morning." I said, giving her a smile.

"I brought breakfast. Gravy and biscuits."

"Great! Lay them on the table and I'll grab us some milk to go with them." I suggested.

She laid the bag on the table and pulled out the food, opening it. 

I returned to the table, with two glasses of milk. I sat down beside Stella.

"Those smell so good." I said as I basically drooled over the food.

We dig into the food, eating while talking about random things.

After we finished Stella sat down in the living room to wait for me after she complimented my cleaning work on it.

I returned to my room to get ready.

My hair was dry now. I smoothed out the ends with a comb and allowed the rest to be wavy. I threw on a baby blue tight t-shirt and pulled on some skinny jeans, grabbing a white knitted cardigan in case it would be cold in the courtroom.

I pulled on a white pair of sandals and headed out after sliding my phone in my back pocket.

"I'm ready." I stated, as I grabbed the orange envelope off the kitchen counter where I left it.

Stella stood up and made her way outside.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I called out.

I filled zeus's dog bowl back up with dog food and cleaned his water bowl, filling it with more water.

"Bye baby." I told him as I kissed his forehead and made my way out the door. I grabbed my house key and locked the door behind me.

I jogged to Stella's mustang and got in.

She backed out of the driveway and left the house. I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of seeing Lorenzo again.

My anxiety gradually increased as we got closer and closer to the courthouse.

I bit lip nervously, trying to focus on the music Stella had playing.

I played with the edges of the orange envelope.

We pulled into the courthouse.

Stella parked.

"You can do this. He can't hurt you." She whispered.

I nodded, my eyes watering. I wouldn't admit it to anyone, but I was scared.

What if they didn't believe me? What if he doesn't get put in jail? What if he comes back for me?

I took a deep breath and squeezed the envelope.

I stepped out of the car and headed into the courthouse.

Stella walked beside me, rubbing my back as we headed to the security.

I placed my phone in the basket they handed me, realizing that I left my cardigan in the car.

Well there goes that.

I stepped through the monitors.

The male security guard at the end nodded at me.

I grabbed my phone out of the basket and waited for Stella.

"You're supposed to have your phone off in court." She whispered in my ear.

I nodded and instantly turned my phone off.

"Care to hold this in your purse?" I requested. She nodded.

We headed inside and took the elevator up.

We headed to a large waiting room, holding only a few people.

"They will call us when it is our turn." She said as we sat down on a bench.

"Clara. This is Jayden." Stella said to a woman who was walking by. She stopped.

"Oh! Nice to meet you Jayden. I am your lawyer. Your detective and I have discussed a lot. You have the pictures with you?"

I nodded, handing her the orange envelope.

"You won't have to do much talking." She says.

A man waved at us to enter the courtroom.

We entered.

I kept my eyes down as a sat in a front bench.

After about five minutes when everyone was seated, the judge began to talk.

"So we are here today..."

I looked up and met Lorenzo's piercing stare. Stubble outlined his jawline, his eyes were bloodshot.

There was a police officer beside him. His father was on the other side. They were both cuffed.

My lawyer spoke several times. I couldn't focus on the words as I was broke out in a cold sweat. My nerves were racing as I felt him staring at me as I stared at the ground.

"Jayden, go up there." Stella whispered.

I stood up slowly, making my way up to the stand.

Once I was there a man stepped up and stood in front of me.

A bible was held out to me. I promised to tell the truth, nothing but the truth.

I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't want to be here.

"I am going to ask you a few questions." The man in front of me said, his cold stare holding me captive.

I nodded.

"You say this man kidnapped you?" He asked.

"Yes."

"For how long?"

My mind blanked, sweat built up.

"I'm not for sure." I told him.

He nodded.

"So as a person who was kidnapped... you didn't think to keep up with how long you had been held against your will?"

Anger courses through me.

"Considering that I feared for my life after I watched him murder my aunt, no. I did not keep up with how long he took me considering I not only feared for my life, but was unconscious for several days."

The lawyer nodded.

"Okay. Say that you were kidnapped. What's the coincidence of you being kidnapped and running away from school the same day? It seems as if you planned to leave. As if you killed your aunt, and left with Lorenzo. Then you got tired of Lorenzo and tried to put the blame on him."

"If I would have killed my aunt, I wouldn't have allowed Lorenzo to be alive. If I was doing what you say, why wouldn't I have killed Lorenzo and just left? Everyone thought I was dead anyways. I thought we were here to tell the truth and not make up scenarios." I stated, glaring at him.

His face turned pink.

My lawyer then took my defense. Evidence was shown.

Lorenzo was found guilty and would be facing time in prison when he didn't deny anything.

He actually told the truth. As if he had no guilt.

Relief courses through me as Stella and I left the courthouse.

Lorenzo wouldn't be coming back for me anytime soon.

I was free
____________________________________

Word count: 1625

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 7.6K 40
Meet 19 year old Aqua she's not like other girls she's sassy when she needs to be but all around lovely and nice everyone loves her and she had a alr...
154K 2K 37
College break takes a turn when Aria Lanes get abducted and hold captive by a man she later finds charming then soon desires. Her abductor was paid t...
1.6M 42.1K 59
"Let me go, you sick, twisted, bastard!" I seethed through gritted teeth. I felt an uncontrollable amount of fear rake over my body. I soon began to...
811 196 26
I tried to wriggle my arms and legs but just ended up feeling more exhausted and thirsty. I had a sudden urge to use the restroom but I felt helpless...