Be Mine

By LunaBarnes

I let the music take over me as I danced on the field. I didn't even notice when I got further from my friend... More

one: "not this shit again"
two: "you really want to kiss me, don't you?"
four: "we're all going to ocean city!"
five: "you're all red, you know that?"
six: "did you stop mid-way to fuck?"
seven: "who brings a book on holiday"

three: "almost-a-kiss moment"

80 12 1
By LunaBarnes

I woke up the next day and I was home alone because my mother has already gone to work. I fulfilled my usual ritual in the morning, or in that case early afternoon; I made myself breakfast and a cup of of tea, sat on the couch and watched crappy reality show. I liked watching them not because I enjoyed the storyline, as if there was any, or the people starring there; they were followed with a camera all the time. It was fascinating to me that people would give up their privacy for money and fame.

When I saw a tall, handsome guy on the screen I suddenly remembered Sebastian.

I felt warmth in my body and covered my cheeks because I could sense the temperature intensifying there, even though no one was around to see me.

But he was mean to me. I couldn't stand people who were like that. Was it fair to judge him just after one meeting? He was very different in the beginning and when he offered to help after Nate threw me into water.

Nate.

He didn't even apologize. He laughed and acted like nothing happened even though I very clearly expressed that I didn't enjoy the prank as much as everyone else. Apart from Gina... and Sebastian? Ugh.

I shook my head and continued my breakfast letting out a laugh from time to time when something funny appeared on the screen.

It was around two when I heard knocking on the door. Was it mom? She should be still at work. I got up from my comfortable seat and quickly tied my hair in a ponytail to make sure it didn't look like a bird nest.

I opened the door and jumped in place.

"Nate! Oh my god, what are you doing here?" my voice was loud but not to the point where it could be considered a scream.

I realized that I was still in my pajamas, I didn't brush my teeth or put any makeup on. I just stood there and was hoping that the ground under me would split.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know you just woke up," he stuttered. I didn't know why but it felt like he was more embarrassed than me.

"No, I didn't... I just... um. Lazy day?" I tried to force a smile but I was too uncomfortable.

"It's too bad because I wanted to take you out to the movies as my apologies," he lowered his head and rubbed his hand against his neck.

He came to my doorstep just to apologize? How did he know where I lived?

"How did you...?" I paused for a second and then I figured.

"Gina," we both said at the same time.

"So, what do you say?" he looked at me; his gaze shy.

I felt weird in that moment. I wasn't sure wether I wanted to spend time with him after yesterday, but at the same time if he didn't feel bad about what he did he would've come.

"Okay, but I'm gonna need some time to get ready, as you can see," I pointed from my feet to my head; a wide smile appeared on his face.

"Give me your number and text me when you're ready. I will pick you up."

We exchanged numbers and I ran back inside. What should I wear? I had so many questions but decided to take it slow and just be myself. I showered, put some makeup on and chose to wear black skinny and black vans, of course, and a white loose chemise. I straightened my hair a bit even though I liked when it was wavy.

I checked the time and it was already four thirty so I quickly texted Nate and went outside to wait for him. I was just hoping that would make it before my mother returned home and fortunately he did.

He parked a very expensive-looking car in front of my house. I didn't know much about them but I could recognize it was a Chevrolet from the sign in the front. It was quite small; I saw there were only two seats.

Nate walked out of his car and greeted me. He then opened the passenger door for me and I sat on a leather seat. It smelled so fresh inside; like mint and lemon.

"I said that I wanted to take you to the movies but I figured that would be and awful place for a date."

Date? I smiled to myself and I hoped he didn't notice.

"How about we grab a coffee and I will show you around? Because from what Gina said, she didn't see you out until last night," he laughed and I agreed.

It would be a great idea to get to know the city a little bit more. Also, I couldn't imagine movie dates being interesting; both people sit and stare at the screen for at least two hours and then what? I was glad that he changed his mind.

He lead me to the coffee shop that he said was 'the best and if someone tried to tell me otherwise not to listen to them'. I laughed and we both ordered lattes. We went on a walk around the city center and he showed me the high school I'll be attending in September. I told him about the school situation but I didn't mention anything else yet. Nate said that he was a junior in college which was just outside the city.

We went back to his car. Nate said that he wanted to show me a park in the northern part of Bel Air. I agreed and we began our, as he said, five minute drive.

After arriving to the destination my jaw landed on the ground. It all looked like from a fairy tale; the trees were making a huge circle around a small fountain and surrounding the fountain were green benches with dark-wood seats.

"It's beautiful here!"

Nate looked at me and smiled. "Behind the park is a stream, although I wouldn't swim there."

We sat on one of the benches and talked some more. I told him about myself, my father and that my mother's become a nightmare.

"I'm sorry for your loss," he said rubbing my back. I nodded and smiled. I heard those words from so many people and they never helped with making me feel better. "You didn't seem to be shy or an introvert yesterday," he pointed out referring to what I said earlier.

"Yeah, I don't know... That's the way I am, I guess," I shrugged. "You know if you didn't throw me in the pool, I would've gladly stayed longer?"

I must've caught him off guard because his smile faded and he rubbed him neck.

"I don't know why I did that. It was stupid."

"Yeah, it wa-"

"Actually, no. I know why I did that," he cut me off. "You seemed quite feisty and I wanted to get your attention, I just didn't know that what I did wasn't the way to do it."

"Is that your way of saying 'sorry'?" I smiled.

"Yeah, it is. I'm sorry."

"You're forgiven," I chuckled.

It started getting cold and there were a lot of clouds which made it look like it was much late than it really was.

Nate drove me home and when I saw light in the kitchen window my heart dropped. She didn't call me to ask where I was. Maybe she stopped overstepping boundaries?

"I had fun today, thanks," I felt blood coming to my cheeks and I was happy that here was little to no light inside the car.

"Me too. I didn't suspect you to be so... different?"

"I'll take it as a compliment," I laughed and Nate joined.

"I'd like to see you again but not necessarily with the group of friends."

Did he just suggest that he wanted to go on a second date someday? I felt butterflies in my stomach. I began to like him despite what happened even though I've known him literally for a day. That's why I was surprised when he asked me out. It was a good way to apologize because I had way too much fun to still be angry about wet clothes. I felt that I definitely wanted to see him again too. There was something about his energy that day that made me want to hang outwith him more.

"I have to go. My mother will probably kill me," I said and tried to sound scared when in fact I wasn't at all.

Nate laughed.

"I told you how she is," I couldn't help it and laughed too.

"Yeah, you did," he agreed.

I grabbed the door handle and I felt Nate's hand on mine. He looked at me and placed a very soft kiss in the corner of my mouth barely touching my lips. I was yet again surprised by his actions and this almost-a-kiss moment.

Almost-a-kiss moment.

Sebastian.

I rushed out of the car which probably looked like I was running away from him when in reality I was trying to escape the thought that crept into my head.

********

Hi!!

Thank you so much for the feedback on previous chapters!!

This chapter was supposed to go up tomorrow but I decided it would be too long xx I'll also be uploading new chapters every 2-4 days!! (The exact date will always be written on my profile in my bio)

Tell me what do you think so far!!!
I'd appreciate if you shared my story with friends!!

FAV, COMMENT and ADD TO LIBRARY so you don't miss anything!! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
7.5K 161 32
*From Best Friends To Worst Enemies* "You really think you stand a chance Badboy?" I snorted. "You tell me." He had the audacity to smirk as I stood...
353K 8.1K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
29.3K 928 25
(Sequel to The Quiet One) Looking around I see that I'm not only in the air but I'm being picked up by Jack. I look at him with huge eyes an...