Knock on wood | Oliver Wood (...

By imweirdthatway

"I hate quidditch!" She shouted in anger. Oliver raised an eyebrow at her. "I also hate you!" "Now now, you... More

Part I: 1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18
20
21
Part II: 22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
A/N
47.
Part III: Prologue
49.
I made some Changes
50!
51
52
Epilogue
Book 2
100K reads!

19

4.8K 186 332
By imweirdthatway

Percy took Delilah to the hospital wing and got her hand bandaged up by Madame Pomfrey.

"Ms. Rose! What made you punch Mr. Brown!? You broke his nose badly!", the healer told her as she tended to her hand.

"I was angry," Delilah muttered.

"You shout at a person in anger, not punch them. I know you can't control your anger very well but you can't keep punching students!" She scolded.

"Wait, you've done this before?" Percy asked the girl

"A couple times. Not to James but other students.Why do you think I'm freaking out!? I've already got warnings for it from McGonagall! And I'm sure James will rat me out and I'll get expelled!"

"You won't get expelled! Calm down, we will explain everything to her and she will understand okay?" He looked at her for approval and Delilah nodded.

When Minerva McGonagall heard what happened from James, she was absolutely furious but also a little bit proud. Delilah might be too violent for her own good sometimes but damn! Does she know how to throw a punch!

"May I ask you why you hit Mr. Brown?" The teacher asked in a stern voice.

"You may not", Delilah replied and she swore that she saw McGonagall twitch a small smile but then her face went back to stern.

"I demand you tell me, Ms. Rose" the professor told Delilah.

"I'd rather if he weren't here," Delilah replied pointing at James," I may end up punching him again."

"Very Well, Mr. Brown, you can leave" McGonagall looked at an annoyed James.

"But! I want to know!"

"Go back to your common room" James narrowed his eyes at the two Gryffindors before exiting through the doors of the classroom. Percy on the other hand sat on one of the benches in the classroom.

"Explain" McGonagall told Delilah.

"I was really frustrated ma'am! I don't know what came over me! I haven't had any contact with my family, Dumbledore's not telling me anything and he was the first thing that came in front of me. Also he said some awful things to me a few weeks ago so I guess it was payback as well." Delilah's voice was shaky and her eyes were watery.

"I understand-"

"You don't! I'm the one in the dark!"

"I know you're frustrated but you have to control yourself. You're lucky I'm not expelling you or even suspending you because I must tell you that you have a long Histroy when it comes to hexing and hitting people, Ms. Rose. This will not be tolerated in Hogwarts. You have to write an extra 20 inches in your transfiguration homework, that will be your punishment. Are we clear?" McGonagall asked with a small smirk. 

"That's it!?"
"Do you want any more?"
"No ma'am! Thank you Ma'am!" The professor shook her head as a smile formed on her face.

"You what!?"

"Yes, she punched James in the nose!" Percy told the group.

"You badass!" Clarissa looked at her with am impressed look.

"You idiot!" Jesse told her, grabbing her hand to look at it.

"I kind of expect it to happen at some point" Alexander said casually, "Why didn't you do it sooner?"

"I'm so fucking proud" Oliver exclaimed with excitement.

"He was in my way. I couldn't help it" Delilah shrugged.

"Honestly you need to fix this. You know you've got so many warnings already!" Jesse seemed highly concerned.

"Fine! I won't do it again," Delilah rolled her eyes and then muttered under her breath, "I'll just hex him next time"

"No absolutely not!"

"Don't discourage her! Do it! And please let me be there" Oliver told her and she smiled.

"I was thinking of the bat bogey-" the raven haired girl's eyes lit up.

"No! I will not allow this"

"Shut up Jesse, we are all fine" Oliver rolled his eyes.

"I hate all of you"

"No you don't." Clarissa smirked.

"Well except you" Jesse rolled his eyes at the girl.

Clarissa and Jesse were not dating. The girl had gone to hogsmeade with him and they had had a fun time but being best friends for so long made the dating really awkward. Clarissa also told him that she was not ready to commit to a relationship just at the age of 14. Then there was the complexity of if they broke up, that would ruin the friendship they cherished so much. So, despite having mutual feelings for each other, Clarissa and Jesse decided not to date, ever.

Oliver sat in front of the chalkboard staring at it longingly. He wasn't sure how they were going to win against Slytherin and even if they did, it would still be difficult to win the cup.

Hufflepuff was doing surprisingly very ell in Quidditch, they had high points and a great seeker. If the won the upcoming match, Gryffindor would struggle a lot.

Slytherin was on top though, they were 200 points above Gryffindor and 250 above Hufflepuff.
That meant that Gryffindor had to not only get the snitch but also score at least 6 goals. With a team like Slytherin, it was tough.
Ravenclaw was losing badly. They kept spiraling down after James was injured.

"You will have to put Angelina in the forward. She will be on offense," Oliver turned around to see Delilah standing behind him. She walked over to him and stood in front of the board with her arms crossed over her chest, scanning the placements.
After a few seconds of no movement, she moved towards the small board and took it out of the wall, placing it on the floor and sitting down, "you want to sit or.." the girl trialed her last words and Oliver scrambled to the floor beside her.

She took out some old pieces of a muggle board game called Ludo out of her pocket and duplicated them to make seven of each color (Green and Red).

"This," she put down a piece on one edge of the board, "is you. And this is the Slytherin Keeper, Miles. Now, you want Angelina to be on offense because she is a great scorer, she's got strong arms and she throws with force. Now as far as I know the Slytherin team, they will assign their chasers to your chasers. If they are smart-"

"- Marcus would be hunting Angelina down."

"Correct! And Adrian would be behind Clarissa, Alicia will be pared with Barret."

"We need to score Atleast 50 points before the snitch to tie with Slytherin. So we need to distract their seeker. So, our seeker, Damon will have to mislead their seeker. He has to look like he knows where he's going"

"Yes. Perfect. Now Alicia has great balance but she can't aim that well. She needs to be on defense. She has to make sure that she catches the Quaffle and passes it to Angelina who will then score."

"Fred can shoot at the seeker and George has to get their Keeper, once they do that, it will be game over for them"

"But, you have to make sure you don't get hit. The chasers may score 50 points but you also have to stop them from scoring"

"That's not going to be a problem!" Oliver smirked and winked at the girl.

"You know what? I actually would love to see that smirk get wiped out by a bludger"

"That was one time!" Delilah raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay more than once"

"Ms. Rose, come in." The headmaster called the girl and asked her to sit down.

"I wanted to catch you before the match, don't want you missing it and you might get busy with packing up and your exams after." Delilah nodded before sitting down.

"Sir, before you say anything, I wanted to apologize for being so...rude last time.."

"Ahh that's quite alright. I didn't take it personally" He smiled before sitting down on his chair.

"Now, your plans for the summer. Are you going to any of your friends?"

"No sir. I might see them in Diagon Alley but that's about it" She sighed.

"Very well, Ms. Rose, You'll be picked up by your aunt and uncle at 9 3/4. Your brother is already with them in Wales."

"What about my parents?" Her eyebrows furrowed and she perked up in her chair.

"You'll be seeing them too but these arrangements have been made for your own good" Dumbledore explained but Delilah tilted her head to the side in confusion,

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose without a gaurdian's permission. But I advice you not to worry for now. Enjoy last days of school and focus on your exams, everything will be fine"

"What happened?!?" Delilah walked into the common room to see her friends murmuring and whispering with not so happy looks on their faces.

"Wood won't come out of his room" Alexander informed her.

"What!? Why?" She asked and they shrugged, "Did you go inside!?"

"It's locked" Jesse told her.

"You all know you can do magic right?" She rolled her eyes at them and their stupidity.

"I don't know if we should...he told us all to leave and give him some space" Connor added.

"No! That's literally the most stupid thing you could do" she pushed them aside and marched up the staircase, into the room but Oliver wasn't there.

"Oliver?" She moved around the room to see him curled up on the floor beside his bed frame.

"Oliver! You have a Quidditch match in twenty minutes, what are you doing here?" She asked. His face was hidden and dug into his knees as his hands in his hair. When Delilah received no reply from the boy, she took a seat next to him."You're having a bad day but it's Quidditch! leave the bad part out, just play and have fun!" The boy didn't even move."Stop being a sissy and tell me what happened!" Nothing. "I swear to Godric I will hex you if you don't use that stupid mouth of yours now! you know it's not just an empty threat!"

With a long sigh, Oliver pulled his head up to look at Delilah, "what happened to your face?" he frowned and tilted his head to the side.

"You're an asshole" Delilah said rudely.

"No! I mean it, your eyes are all red" He scanned her face intently. Her eyes were pretty red, she had definitely cried.

"Yeah, well. It's whatever" The girl looked at the floor, not meeting eyes with Oliver.

"Is something wrong?"

"If I tell you, will you tell me?" Oliver nodded.

"I can't go home for the summer and I will barely see my parents" Delilah sighed.

"What!? why!?"

"I don't know! they won't tell me but I think something is horribly wrong." She was desperate to get it out but at the same time, if she talked about it, she wouldn't be able to control her crying.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that. That's horrible, but maybe its nothing" Oliver was not helping, at all.

"I don't want to talk about it," She shook her head, "You tell me what's going on with you."

"My seeker fell off the moving staircase. It was only from the first floor, so not that high but he broke his leg and is unconscious right now" Oliver blurted.

"Fuck"

A/N
Omg I had to share this post I saw on Pinterest. 
MF word! 👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 4.4K 61
When Ingrid Ferguson becomes the Captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team she meets Oliver Wood. He's competitive, annoying and might want to work on...
37.6K 643 35
Oliver Wood X Female Ravenclaw Reader "I cannot undo what I have done; I can't un-sing a song that's sung. And the saddest thing about my regret- I c...
1M 34.8K 78
"Jeez Caddell, do you always wear that much perfume?" Oliver asked, smirking. I turned around to glare at him. "Was it not your brilliant idea to avo...
50.6K 1.4K 23
'Oh come on Ollie we all know that you are a little bit obsessed with Quidditch' 'I am more obsessed with you' ...