Every Beat You Make (BTS FF)

By LayneDanielle

"Believing in all of you to change is what always keeps me going because I know there are no such things as b... More

1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7*
8*
9*
10*
11*
12*
13*
14*
15*
16*
17*
19*
20*
21*
22*
23*
24*
25*
26*
27*
28*
29*
30*
31*
32*
33*
34*

18*

2K 101 21
By LayneDanielle

3 Days Later

Beep, beep.....

Calling Jeon Maya...

.....

"Harro, " Greeted Maya with a sigh as she looks at her phone. The screen was enlightened by her caller on the other side. She was sitting on her desk and was wearing a working suit. Assuming she is in the middle of her work.

"Hello Maya, I hope you're well, " She smiled from the screen earning the same expression from Maya. "I'm fine and I hope you're too. So...why the sudden call, Rina?" She replied while closing her laptop on her lap and placed on the empty side of her bed, together with all of her patients' files.

"Well, I was just checking on you to see if anything wrong. I hope they didn't cost you much trouble, " Rina looks at Maya with eyes begging that the boys didn't do anything stupid while being away from their parents' supervision.

Maya chuckles and shook her head. "Other than them insulting me and my class in society?... No. They didn't do anything that could consider criminal." Rina sighs. "Well, I guess that is better..."

"Hey cheer up! They've been very good lately and have improved a lot with their housework skills. I'm quite impressed, to be honest." Rina gazed at her friend through the camera with a confused look. "Chores?" Maya nodded.

Rina widens her eyes. "Y-you actually means chores that we all do in the house! Like mopping, sweeping-"

"Woah slow down! Of course, I meant that." Maya chuckled but Rina just scoffs in disbelief. "No worries though, they're still your spoil brat."

"No I mean it's just very surprising to hear then doing chores. They never did it once in their entire rich lives."
"Yeah, I can see that." The two giggled.

"Anyway, would you like to meet them? I think they're probably downstairs watching tv or something." Rina shook her head. "No need to call all of them, I just need a few words from that son of mine." Maya stood up from her bed and walk out of her room.

"You mean Taehyung? Sure. I can call him." Rina nodded as Maya gesture her to keep quiet. Not wanting to panic the boys.

She skipped her way down the stairs and silently walks to the living room where noises and bickering can be heard.

"FOR FUCK SAKE! WHY AM I ALWAYS THE FORTH PLACE?!!"

"Just admit that you're bad at this Tae-"

"SHUT UP YOU LITTLE MIDGET! JUST BECAUSE YOU GET SECOND PLACE-"

"LITTLE MIDGET?! I FUCKING DARE YOU TO SAY THAT AGAIN!"

"LITTLE-"

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP BEFORE I SHOVE THE SPATULA UP YOUR ASS!" 

Both ladies finally reached the living room, only to meet with the boys playing Mario Kart on the tv. Taehyung, Jimin, Jin, and Jungkook were playing the game. Meanwhile, Namjoon was calmly reading his book on the couch with Yoongi legs spread on his lap as the boy slept next to him while laying in a comfortable position. Hoseok however, was entertained by the others that were playing the game.

"I CHALLENGE A REMATCH, YOU CHEATERS!"

"We've been playing this for 3 hours already-"

"SURE, YOU CAN GIVE UP IF YOU WANT, PUSSY!"

"YAH! I'M OLDER THAN YOU! THE OLDEST IN FACT! WHERE'S YOUR RESPECT YOU BRAT!"

"THEN ACCEPT THE REMATCH LIKE A MAN AND LOSE LIKE A MAN!"

Jungkook who was sitting quietly beside Jimin, silently chuckled at his hyungs bickering. It was funny and heartwarming to see them having fun. He had fun with them.

"FINE, I ACCEPT! DON'T COME CRAWLING TO ME FOR ANOTHER REMATCH." Jin glare but Taehyung just ignore as he gestures Jungkook to choose their next game location for a new round since he won 1st place out of all the three.

The youngest nodded and did as he was told. Maya nods her head to Rina, telling her to wait for a while before she calls her son. Once a few minutes past, Maya decides to step out of her hiding spot and clears her throat. "Taehyung!" She calls but earned no response from the said boy.

"Taehyung!!" This time, Hoseok turns his attention at Maya, wondering why she's calling him. "Yah! Taehy-"

"I HEARD YOU! JUST SHUT YOUR FILTHY PEASANT MOUTH!!" Taehyung snapped, eyes still glaring at the big screen. Maya just sighs. Rina's face scrunched up in disappointment by her son's rude action. Maya notices this and motion her that she was fine.

Rina sighs and just brush along with it until she has a few words with him later. Not long later, the whole house echoes with loud cheers and bickers.

"HELL YEAH! FINALLY, I GOT FIRST PLACE! SUCK THAT UP FUCKERS!!"
Taehyung jumped with joy as he did his victory dance.

"FUCK! I GOT THIRD! FUCK YOU KIM TAEHYUNG." Jin death glares at him who has the audacity to ruffles the olders hair messily.

"Well, I still get second place no matter what." Jimin shrugs.

Jungkook on the other hand, can't help but break out into a laughing fit with Hoseok as Jin was out here trying to strangle Taehyung to death.

The entire 7 rounds that they have played, Jungkook always gets first place but as for now, he 'accidentally' made a mistake and end up in the fourth place. Though he didn't mind. As long as he gets to see them happy and having fun, it's all worth it.

Maya saw the scene in front of her and smiled. She also positioned her hand so that Rina can see it for herself as well. The lady on the other side smiled fondly at it. Sure, it's not her first time seeing the boys hang out and have fun, but it is her first time seeing them acting like the age they are supposed to be. Slacking off and play video games in a room like normal teenage boys their age. Not playing at a club or drinking.

"Maya, I think I want to speak to my son now," Rina spoke. Maya nodded. "Yah Taehyung! Now that you're done, come here right now!" The said boy groaned in frustration as he drops the controller to the ground and lazily strides his way to Maya.

"What do you want, peasant?" He groaned lazily. Then, he heard someone clearing their throat. Maya raised her hand and pointed her phone to his face. The boy widens his eyes as he sees the familiar woman on the screen.

"Mom?!" He whisper-yelled, try not to let the others hear. Maya nodded as she saw confusion in the younger eyes. She places her free hand on his shoulder as she brings him to the dining room for some alone time. She handed him her phone and pats his back assuringly. "Good luck." With that, she left them alone.

She walked back to the living room, joining the others who were now planning to play Jungkook's UNO cards. "Mind if I join?" Jungkook's eyes brightens at that and nodded happily at her. Jimin, Jin, and Hoseok however didn't.

"And why would we invite you in, peasant!" Jin spat and the others agreed. "Come on, how come Jungkook can and not me? That's not fair." She said pretend to act sad.

"It is fair. It's Jungkook's game, not yours so it's fair to let him play." Jimin replied coldly. "Fine. I guess you guys are just too scared that I would win against you all." Maya smirked as she challenges.

The three boys eys widens. Jungkook starting to feel the tension beginning to rise and he can't help but get excited. "We? Scared? FUCK THAT!" Hoseok stated. "We will and never will lose to a low life like you." Jimin death stared at the woman but she just kept her calm composer.

"I guess you wouldn't mind me joining you then?" She raised her left eyebrow with a confident grin on her face. The grin that all the boys despised so much.

Jin was going to refuse when Yoongi, who was presumed dead, suddenly spoke, "I have my money on Maya." Everyone stared at him baffled. "Yoongi. What the f-". "Cause I know you fuckers will lose either way." He said as a matter a factly, earning a victory grinned from the woman.

"Me too." Namjoon shamelessly raised his hand. They all turned to him surprised. "Not you too?!" Hoseok questioned but the said man just shrugged. "I hate you all," Jin muttered in his breath.

Jungkook was silently arranging the cards when he was suddenly pulled into a group huddled.

"No matter what happens, we must never let Maya win alright?" Hoseok whispered and both Jin and Jimin nodded. Jungkook was contemplating whether to follow or not. It would be fun but it's also considered cheating which is bad. "Does that mean we have to cheat?" Jungkook quietly asked.

"Well duh. Of course!" Hoseok rolled his eyes. "B-but isn't that bad?"

"Come on, Jungkook, there's no time to be a good little nephew now! We have to win this even if it means we have to cheat. I mean if she loves you, she would give up the win for you which is a great advantage to have you in with us." Jin assured.

Jungkook bit his lips, not knowing what to choose. Jimin saw his unsure expression and went to nudge his side. "Please?" He pleads as well as the others.

The younger become silent for a while before letting out a sigh. "Alright." He gave in. All three older squeal in excitement as they turn their heads towards Maya who was waiting patiently in her seat. "Fine. You're in. Three rounds. How's that sound?" Jin asked with confidence.

"Sure." She accepts and went to sit next to Jungkook who jumps for seconds before acting as if nothing happens. Never in his life had he ever cheat on something. Having to lie to his hyungs about his sickness and power was already hard to do. Not to say cheating on Maya without telling her. Maya noticed his tensed body.

"You alright, Koo?" Maya asked softly as she rubs circles on his back. Before Jungkook could utter, Jin slapped Maya's hands away from his back and pull the younger closer to him. "Yah! No touching!" Jin ordered.

Maya just gave him a disbelief gaze before softens them to Jungkook. He nods assuringly at her with a small smile. "I'm fine." With that, the game begins.

Meanwhile,

Taehyung makes himself comfortable on one of the chairs in the dining room. He rests his left hand that was holding the phone on the table while positioning it for a better view of himself to his mother.

"I see you're having fun." Rina crossed her arms at him. Glancing at him in amusement. Taehyung rolled his eyes at the comment. "What do you want, mom?"

"That's not a nice way to answer to your mother."

"Well, blame yourself for making me answer you that way." He barks back. Rina just shook her head and sigh.

"Look, I know you're mad at me. You all mad at us but I can promise you it's all for the best."

"Best for what? Just say that you're embarrassed having our rude, spoil us as your sons."

"Don't say it that way. We love you that's why we do this for you because we love you all very much."

"I see we both have a different definition of love." He scoffs.

"There's only one meaning of love in this situation but you all are just being too childish to understand."

"Too childish to understand?! You literally abandoned us in a field of a different country with no money for a whole 5 fucking months! Not to mention living under the same roof with a stranger!"

"First of all, we didn't abandon you. You all just exaggerated that. Second, we know you all won't be learning from your punishment if you have all your money with you. Who knows what other stupid things you all will do after that. Thirdly, Maya is our beloved friend. We all consider her as family. We've been friends ever since high school. To you, she may be a stranger but to us, she's the most trusted friend we've ever meet."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes while leaning back to his seat.

"Anyway, Maya told me you all have been doing house chores. Sounds fun."

"I knew you'd think it that way."

"Come on, Maya told me you all have been doing well with it. I'm sure you somewhat enjoy a bit of it."

"To put it that way, it is kinda relaxing someway."

"See. You like it." She smiled fondly at him to which he just sighs and gave a small smile. "I think so."

Suddenly, loud cheers can be heard from the living room which caught both mother and son's attention.

"Well, is that all you're going to ask me about?"

"Not real-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Taehyung instantly stood up without ending their video call and heads to the living room. He ignores his mother's calling and went ahead.

He stood by the hallway and look into the living room. He was left dumbfounded.

"I WON!" Maya beamed while the others just burst out into a fit of laughter. Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok were laughing curled up on the floor while Namjoon and Yoongi were on the couch. Jin laughed his windshield laugh while grasping tightly onto his cards in hand.

"The fuck happen here?" Taehyung chuckled while looking at the laughing mess in front of him. "Oh, Taehyung." Maya sat in her kneeling position. "You're done?"

Taehyung just gives her a simple "yes" before sat down beside a tear of joy Jimin. "Now. What happened?" Jimin took a deep breath to calm himself.

"Maya play UNO with us and wow! Was she great!" Everyone continues to laugh which curious Taehyung more. "Come on, detail please!"

"I think it's better if Maya explained herself," Namjoon said between ragged breath. "Sure if you want." She chuckled while gesture Jungkook to come closer to her.

"Can you get my phone in the dining room, Koo." The younger nodded before scrabbling to his feet and out of the living room.

"Now explain."

As Jungkook was walking closer, he saw the phone left on the table. He carefully took it and was about to walk away when he heard a voice.

"I see you're back." He whipped his head everywhere to where the voice could be but there's no one around him. "Hey, I'm talking to you, mister." The voice called out again and that's when Jungkook realized it came from the phone.

He looks at it and almost jumped in frightened when. He saw the lady already looking at him. Her eyebrows knitted together while staring curiously at the boy she mistook as her son.

"Hello? Who are you?" Jungkook froze for a second but quickly snapped back to reality.

"S-sorry. I'm Jungkook." He uttered. The lady gazed at him for while before widening in realization.

"Oh! Are you Maya's nephew? Jeon Jungkook?" He looks at her confusedly. How did she know him?

"Uh yes. How did you know Maya noona? Who are you?"

"Oh my. I'm sorry for my rudeness. I'm Kim Rina. Taehyung's mom." Jungkook eyes widen. "Mom?!" She nods.

"Yes, I am. Maya also told me a lot about you too." She smiled warmly at him to which he replied the same way. "She did?" He rubs the back of his neck flustered.

"Yup! Wow, you're even cuter in person, Jungkook." She giggled as Jungkook become more shy.

"Anyway, I hope my son or any of his friends did treat you wrongly. I'm very sorry for their attitude."

"No, no! It's okay. It's fine really. They've done nothing wrong and have been very good. Even your son."

"Really?"

"Yeah. All of the hyungs are very fun and nice people to be around with."

"Hyung? Are you referring to the boys?" Jungkook nodded.

"And they didn't mind it?"

"No. They seem fine with it." He shrugs.

"I see."

Just then, Maya called him from the living room.

"I should go now. It was nice meeting you." Jungkook bow without realizing bringing the phone with him. Rina chuckled.

"It's an honor to meet you too." They both exchange their last smile with one another before ending the call.

Jungkook then proceeds to walk back to the living room. Where he found everyone laughing and having a great time together. He smiled brightly at the happy moment.

______________________________

Rina POV

We ended our call together and I can't help but smile. Finally, I get to meet their son.

Maya was right, he does have his father looks. He even owns his mother's eyes. How I miss those eyes.

With the thought in mind, I quickly remember about it and took out a well familiar-looking file that was hidden nicely in my desk drawer.

It was a white document file with Jeon's Property engraved on it in black ink. I open it. It was still the same as I left it. The calculation, solution, everything.

I looked back at my laptop screen which I managed to screenshot his face while talking to him a while ago and was really mesmerized by it. I was in awed yet shock.

My friends the Jeon duo has really outdone themselves for this.

He truly is their greatest creation.

Continue

~•*•~

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED GOLDEN MAKNAE!!

[ May we pray that he will always stay healthy and safe from whatever that is happening now. Always stay happy and we LOVE YOU!!💜 ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 1.4K 16
One night you're gushing over rom-coms and Jungkook's cooking; a few nights later you're tending to his beat-up face. But while it's his stubbornness...
10.3K 673 74
What will he do to save them? After barely escaping captivity, Jungkook is lost in the jungle on an unknown island, with an injured Namjoon and an am...
19.6K 1K 27
"I'm not comfortable sharing the same bed with you," the mafia princess said, her voice tinged with anger. "Why? What's wrong with that?" the mafia l...