Cost of Taste | ✓

By alluringli

seniors series #2 A Senior Highschool series. complete [unedited] Maraming nagsasabi na hindi naman daw patim... More

Cost Of Taste
seniors series
Panimula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
kabanata 40
Wakas
All my love, Li

Kabanata 32

132K 7.3K 10.7K
By alluringli

Kabanata 32

"Good morning, Miss Cabrera." The Receptionist offered me a perfunctory smile.

She handed me my security key card for Etienne's office. I was currently at the Philippines headquarters of EIJE Inc.

I smiled back at her upon receiving the key card. Dumiretso na ako sa isang glass elevator para pumunta sa top floor. I notice that the employees gave way and allowed me to ride the elevator alone but I insisted that I didn't need that much space. Kaya naman ngayon ay dinadaldal ko sila para matanggal ang takot nila saakin.

"Ma'am, ang bait niyo po talaga. Swerte po sa inyo si Sir Etienne." A bubbly employee praised me. I only gave a small smile.

Upon arriving at the top floor, I can't help but admire the refined minimalistic interior of this whole building. I'm always amaze every time I visit the headquarters, may dulot din pala ang pagiging maarte ni Etienne.

I swiped my key card at the glass door and it automatically opened for me. Kitang kita ko si Etienne na nakabusangot habang kausap ang kanyang sekretarya.

If Helen of Troy can make a thousand ship sail because of her beauty, Etienne can make the ships wrecked themselves because of his face. He really aged well. He always looked too mature compare to his actual age, pero gano'n pa man ay isip bata pa rin siya para sa akin.

The side of my lips lifted as I traipsed inside his office.

When I noticed that someone aside from him and his secretary was there, I immediately composed myself.

"Hi, love." I greeted Etienne. Agad siyang napalingon saakin at ngumisi.

"Hello, love." Etienne stood up and approach me to give me a small kiss on my cheeks.

"Oh my!" the woman who was with them was giggling. "How I wished the both of you would settle down already."

Etienne shrugged. "Arrisea's busy with her cooking show. I'm also trying to develop a new AI, I don't think we have the time to prepare for that."

"Good morning, Tita Ellise." I went to her direction. Bumeso ako sa kanya.

Ellise Soteiro immediately gave me a warm hug. Her aristocrat aura contrasts her inner nature. Hindi ko nga alam paano 'to naging ina ni Etienne, she is an angel in human's clothing.

"I can't wait to be a Lola!" She was almost jumping in joy. "Galingan mo kasi, Etienne! Napakabagal! Try and try until she's buntis!"

Nabilaukan ako sa sarili kong laway at nakita ko naman ang pilit na ngiti ni Etienne.

Tumikhim naman ang sekretarya ni Etienne. I chuckled because of the gesture.

"I have to go now, I was just worried that Etienne is over working himself." Tita Ellise said, giving out a sigh. "What will happen to him if he doesn't have you, Arrisea?"

"Hindi naman po. I'll make sure of it." I assured her. Ngumiti lang siya sa akin bago magpaalam saamin na kailangan na niyang umalis dahil meron pa siyang pupuntahang event sa golf.

Para kaming nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib nang marinig namin ang pagsara ng pintuan nang tuluyan na siyang makalabas.

"Etienne, umamin ka na nga!" singhal ko sa kanya.

Prente lang siyang umupo sa swivel chair niya habang naglalaro ng rubik's cube gamit ng isang kamay. He made a smaller version of it and treat it as his stress reliever.

Nagpakuha siya ng wet wipes sa sekretarya niya. He wiped his lips and immediately throw the wipes on the trashbin. Disgust was written all over his face.

"First of all, bakit ka kasi sumakay? Ayan tuloy akala niya girlfriend kita." He grimaced.

Etienne was joking around his Mom about the both of us, kesyo patay na patay siya saakin at mamamatay daw siya kung hindi ko siya papakasalan. Akala tuloy ng Mama niya ay merong namamagitan saaming dalawa. We just don't have the heart to tell her that everything was just because Etienne was bored and wanted to prank his Mom. It backfired at him pretty badly.

"Cute niyo." Paulene muttered. She was Etienne's dutiful secretary.

Nandidiring lumingon si Etienne sa kanya. " Isa pang sabi mo ng ganyan, babawasan kita ng sweldo."

Paulene arched an eyebrow. "Aba kung gano'n, maghanap ka na lang ng bago mong secretary."

I smirked at their banters, Paulene has always been too feisty.

Etienne rolled his eyes. "Hindi ka ba naturuan ng business ethics?"

She fired back. "Sir, if we're talking about business ethics — you might as well add that it is your duty to set an example for your subordinates when it comes to having an appropriate behavior."

Etienne grinned lazily. "Fair point."

Natawa na lang ako sa kanilang dalawa. Umupo ako sa lounge chair at kumuha ng isang magazine para magbasa-basa. I smiled when I saw the front page. Arya holding her new lipstick set, she ventured into producing cosmetics here in the Philippines. Kilala ang produkto niya dahil sa quality. She took ABM during senior highschool, probably the reason why she knows how to run a business.

I'm glad that I took TVL and followed what I really wanted. Dumaan man ako sa mga mapangmata na mga tao, I was able to prove to them that I can still succeed and I'm following my own trail. Hindi lang ako basta nagluluto lang, I'm now a celebrity chef that has a sister who's becoming successful in her own field. Napag-aral ko ang kapatid ko. And I'm so proud of her. I'm also proud of myself too.

"Birthday mo na pala bukas," Etienne turned his attention to me. "Anong plano mo? Party? Travel?"

"I wanna spend it with my family. A small dinner party would do." I answered, not removing my gaze at the pages of the magazine. I flipped a few pages until I saw a familiar person.

Natigilan ako sa paglilipat ng pahina dahil nakita ko ang isang page para kay Adren. It was a stolen photo from him and his achievements were all stated in the article. They addressed him as the youngest CEO of the Reverios Corp.

"Hn, don't tell me you haven't move on yet? It's been years." Etienne taunted.

Ngumiwi ako. "Please, wala ng ungkatan ng past dito."

"Do I have to beg—" Etienne stopped acting when I throw him the nearest throw pillow in my area. Napakaloko!

"I've moved on," seryosong saad ko. "Masaya na ako para sa kanya."

I guess whenever I go back and remember I had to begged for someone to be in my life again, I feel pathetic. Pero kapag naaalala ko na si Adren 'yon, medyo nababawasan ang inis ko sa sarili ko. I loved him and that's it.

When you're still in that stage of life, you think you already know everything. You think it's your last chance in life. Akala mo lahat ay permanente na. I thought Adren was the only love that I could ever have in this life but I was wrong. He was just part of my senior highschool memories.

He'll remain that way.

"Well, I'm feeling generous so..." Etienne looked at Paulene who immediately went towards me with a folder in her hand.

"What's this? Mukhang pangmalakasan ang bigayan natin ngayon, ah?" I teased him but my smile immediately drop upon opening it.

It was a stockholders' agreement.

I thought it was for the EIJE Inc, but when I saw the company's name in the contract.

"What the hell!" I screech. "It's a five percent share from the Reverios Corp?!"

Etienne started laughing while Paulene widened her eyes. It looks like it was all his idea because even his secretary is surprised to know he gave me a large number of shares from a company I don't wanna be part of!

Kahit 'yata one percent lang ito ay hindi ko matatanggap! A percent matters, that's what I know. Hindi naman ako kamaganak ng mga Reverio para magkaroon ng five percent share!

"Happy Birthday, Arrisea!" He said with so much joy, his eyes started watering because of tears. Tuwang-tuwa ang loko!

"Bakit ganito ang regalo mo, ha?!"

"Wala lang..." he leans back on his chair as he looks at me with so much depth."Trip ko lang."

I swear, walang tao ang gustong mapagtripan ni Etienne. He's beyond what you can tolerate! Mamamatay ka na lang sa inis kapag hindi mo siya gaano kilala! The guy knows how to push someone's buttons.

"I can't accept this." Umiling-iling ako at tumayo upang ibalik ang folder sa kanya.

"Too late, they're having a meeting for the board now. Well, kasama ka na nga pala roon. Your five percent is very crucial since the two sides right now are fighting for the top position once again." Etienne continued playing with his rubik's cube. "What can I say? A fox cannot beat two snakes at once."

"I don't need this." Tinaas ko ang folder. "Kuntento na ako sa buhay ko ngayon."

His world is still far from my reach. Lalo na ngayon na tanyag na talaga siya sa kanyang larangan. I will forever be too filthy to be associated with him. I don't have the prominent name, I don't have the wealthy and I have nothing to offer.

I always be the cause of his loss, kahit saan man tingnan. Kaya mas mabuting huwag na lang.

"Don't you want to help Adren? I mean, that five percent share will secure his position once again. Nakuha lang naman ng kampo nila Dayanara ang ibang panig ng ibang stockholders dahil sa isang babae."

Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. "What do you mean?"

"The model? Tatiana Fuentes? Everyone adores her. Imagine? A former handicapped was able to get healed and be a well known model?" A playful grin appeared on his lips. "What a reunion! Tayo na lang ang kulang, Arrisea."

I chewed my buttom lip. Anong pakay ni Tatiana? Why is she trying to get into the Reverios? Particularly on Dayanara and Alfos' side? Hindi ba gusto niya si Adren?

At nakakalakad na siya?

It's been years, tuluyan na naming pinutol ang ugnayan namin sa aming ama. Kaya naman wala na akong balita kay Tatiana at sa kanyang ina, I don't really want to meddle with them too. Sobrang maikli lang ang buhay para bigyan pa sila ng pansin. Iniisip ko pa lang siya, stressed na agad ako.

"Fine, I'll donate the shares to him." Bumuntong hininga ako. Even though it's been years, I still do care for him as someone who I used to love.

"Goodluck, love." Etienne stuck out his tongue. "Make him beg."

I shook my head at him. Why would I do that?

I found my way at the main building of the Reverios Corp. Ang layo naman kasi talaga ng interest ko sa interest nila! I mean, they do have chain of businesses but as far as I know they don't have any say in the food industry.

I made an appointment for Adren. Truth be told, the receptionist was able to recognized my name so they're probably aware that I'm temporarily part of the board. Mas naging magalang kasi ang turing niya sa akin nang makita ang business card ko.

I roamed around my sight, this was more spacious that EIJE Inc. Different luxurious items were just being displayed in the receiving area. Mukhang mga galing pa sa mga ibang bansa. The motif was black and white, it looks more elegant this way.

"Ma'am, may we just guide you towards the meeting room." Another employee told me.

Tumango naman ako.

Hinawi ko ang mahaba kong buhok dahil sagabal ito sa aking mukha. I tried making my hair long since it's been a long time that I kept it short.

The door automatically opened when it sense we were coming. A presentation was on-going when we entered the room. A round table was filled with different people, only one seat was left unoccupied.

I halted from walking. My heart started racing. Bakit gano'n? I went here knowing I can face him and tell him that I'll be giving my shares to him, free of charge. Ilang beses ko itong plinano sa utak ko. I'll see him, tell him my agenda and move on with my life.

Pero bakit para akong estatwa ngayon na nasa harap ko na siya?

There he was — Adonis Reverio in flesh. He was wearing a corporate suit, he looks taller and more muscular than before. Well, of course it's been years! His features also matured but he still has the same angelic face he used to have.

Shit. Nasaan na 'yung go back button?!

His gaze went towards me when almost everyone noticed my existence. His piercing stare made me tense up and unable to move. He was tapping his pen on the table impatiently. I look over the unoccupied seat, it was just beside him.

I planned this in my head. God knows that I wanted to get over this.

Pero bakit gano'n?

Masakit pa rin pala.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪☽༓☾❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1K 31
in which anikka was invited to do a web series with his famous ex boyfriend, Brent Paraiso.
680 205 37
COMPLETED! A story of a girl and her adventures on finding the meaning of love. ------------------- "I did. I loved you..." he whispered. "...but, I...
9.3K 384 13
"Change is the only constant in life," they said. Everything in this world will change but change. If people truly believe that, then why won't they...
23.1K 1.8K 62
"Bakit hindi natin pinili ang isa't isa?" ✦ He likes her and she likes him too, but they're both too afraid to tell each other what they really felt...