The Guardian

由 SylanderJidah

When Izuku was four years old he was told that he was quirkless and couldn't be a hero. Then his mother died... 更多

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 8

5.4K 129 86
由 SylanderJidah

The second day was a lot more normal than the first. We started off with normal subjects in normal classes, which I found interesting because I was actually learning some new things.

Now we are just sitting and waiting for the most anticipated class in the hero course, heroics class. Most were sitting around, wondering who was going to be teaching us. I already knew, but I decided not to share it.

"I am here! Coming through the door like a normal person!" The booming voice of All Might said as he made it through the door.

Everyone started to get excited over the fact that All Might was teaching us, but I only waved at him.

"Today we will begin the most important class in the hero course, you could call it heroics 101! And today we'll be covering... Battle training!" He boomed, while holding out a card that read just what he said. Everyone was getting excited, and through it I could sense murderous intent from Katsuki.

"But first there's another important part about being a hero, and that is looking good!" All Might then said, as he pressed a button to reveal twenty-one suitcases. Everyone already knew that it was our hero costumes, and most got excited.

Everyone began walking up and grabbing their respective suitcases. I grabbed mine and then walked up to All Might.

"How are you doing All Might?" I asked, to which he answered.

"Young Midoriya, long time no see. I'm fine, what about you?" His voice is still booming.

"I'm great, enjoying UA already." I said to answer his question.

"I'm glad to hear that, keep up the good work!" He then said, before making his way to training ground beta.

Everyone in the classroom looked shocked, except for Kirishima and Rachel. Eventually I could hear Sero ask.

"Wait, you know All Might?" With shock all over his face. I looked at him, and answered.

"Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy." With a calm voice, before I left to change into my costume.

. . .

As All Might was waiting for his students to arrive, he could see someone approach. It didn't take long for him to recognise that person to be Izuku Midoriya.

Izuku was wearing his hero costume. It consisted of what looked like a black leather jacket, black gloves, loose black pants, and black combat boots. Around his shoulders, knuckles, elbows, knees, toes, and heels there were plates of armor. The plates were made out of carbon fibers that had been lightly coated with titanium, as specifically requested from the student.

All Might could only look in awe, and also noticed that Izuku had tied his hair up. What he didn't know is that Izuku felt more comfortable wearing his suit than he does wearing normal clothes.

The reason was that Izuku had subconsciously made the suit similar to the armor he used to wear back then. It wasn't enough to stand out, but it was enough to make him feel it.

After a short while the others came out, all wearing their costumes. They began complimenting each other, and Izuku received from many that he looked like a complete badass. But Izuku's eyes were only stuck at one, the figure of Rachel Organ.

Her suit made her look like a combat medic. Her suit was made out of kevlar, with a belt that housed many different tools and items that could be used. The fact that she had a wide storage made sense, when considering her quirk.

Her quirk was called Analysis. She can basically see another person's stats, she can see your entire anatomical structure, illnesses, strengths, weaknesses, and quirks. However, she needs to concentrate in order to find certain stats, and overuse can cause everything from headache, nausea, hallucinations, blackouts, or in the worst case she could potentially place herself in a coma.

Izuku approached her and complimented her for the costume. Rachel blushed fifty shades of red, which in turn made Izuku blush.

"Alright then, this is how we'll play this out!" All Might said, as he then proceeded to explain the exercise.

There would be two teams, a hero team and a villain team. The hero's job is to infiltrate the villain base, and to win they either have to capture the villains or make contact with the weapon that they are protecting. The villains, on the other hand, can win if they either capture the heroes or protect the weapon until time runs out.

After the explanation, the teams and matches were made. Izuku was on the hero team with Ochaco, and they were going against the villain team that consisted of Katsuki and Tenya.

Once the first match was announced, both teams began making their way to the field. However, Izuku was quickly stopped by All Might.

"Young Midoriya, make sure that you hold back." He said, to which Izuku answered.

"That's the plan, All Might." Before he continued on his way.

The rest of the class followed All Might to the monitor room, where they could observe the entire match. Everything was quiet, until Kaminari spoke up.

"Hey All Might, why did you tell Midoriya to hold back?" He asked, which was followed by most of the class also wanting to know. The only ones that didn't ask that were Shouto, Eijiro, Mina and Rachel.

Shouto just didn't care. Eijiro and Mina, on the other hand, had witnessed Izuku's strength in action, against Gigantomachia, so they only thought that it was natural for him to hold back on his classmates. Rachel's case was similar, except she had witnessed his feats back when Izuku was The Guardian.

For a second All Might felt cornered. He wanted to say that he meant it for everyone, but that wouldn't make sense since some students lacked those types of quirks... Midoriya doesn't even have one at all!

In the end he had to speak the truth, even if it ended up discouraging the others.

"Because I know Midoriya's true strength, and know that he is far more powerful than I am. Actually, he's so strong that I can't stop myself from shaking when thinking about it." All Might said, not caring to sugar coat it in any way.

Everyone was shocked to hear this. They knew that Midoriya was strong, but so strong that even All Might was scared of him? That's just a new level of insanity.

"So how do you know All Might?" Ochako asked Izuku, which the others heard over the intercoms.

"Remember that I'm quirkless. I dedicated almost my entire life to training so that I could get stronger. All Might saw how hard I was working, so he decided to train and teach me how to be a hero." Izuku answered. The students in the control room began talking about what they just heard.

"So you were a teacher before UA?" Yaoyorozu asked, and All Might answered.

"Yes, but young Midoriya was my only student." Keeping up the act that Izuku had set up.

Good thinking Midoriya... He thought, before he began the exercise.

"START!" All Might shouted through the intercoms.

Izuku had already made a plan with Ochako. He knew that Katsuki would go straight for him, so Ochako would go looking for the bomb while he was distracted. After she had located the bomb, Izuku would neutralise Katsuki and then regroup with her.

They both entered the building calmly. Izuku was using his honed senses to see if anyone was nearby, and eventually he could sense Katsuki.

"DEEEEKKK-..." Katsuki tried to roar but was immediately knocked away by Izuku. Since this was part of the plan, Ochako went off immediately.

Izuku slowly made his way over to Katsuki, who was just standing up.

"I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU DEKU!!! I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU SO HARD THAT THEY'RE GOING TO STOP THE FIGHT!!!" Katsuki roared in anger.

"Come at me then." Izuku answered, completely unamused. This infuriated Katsuki, so he began charging with his wide right hook.

Izuku only felt disappointed, and gave Katsuki a quick punch to the face. He was sent flying before being able to land a single hit on Izuku.

Katsuki got even more furious, and began to charge at Izuku with a barrage of explosions. This wasn't effective, for Izuku could easily avoid and take the hits without any problem.

To the ones in the monitor room it looked majestic. Izuku wasn't doing any more than dodging Katsuki's attacks, he almost looked like an elegant dancer.

After a while Izuku managed to grab Katsuki by the arm, and then threw him across the room. Katsuki had used his explosions to dampen the fall, so he was back on his feet afterwards.

"DAMMIT!!! EAT THIS!!!" The angry blonde roared, as he pulled the pin on one of his gauntlets. All Might began to panic, but Katsuki had already pulled the pin.

A ball of fire filled the room. The only thing that they could see before the cameras were obscured by dust, was Izuku standing still in front of the explosion.

Now they couldn't see anything. All Might tried desperately to get a response from Midoriya, but he didn't get an answer. Everyone in the monitor room looked in horror, thinking that their classmate had been killed. All except for Rachel, for she knew better.

In the past she had made Izuku a promise, to not use her quirk on him unless it was absolutely necessary. The reason was that Izuku believed in his own privacy, and he didn't want Rachel to go messing with it.

However, before this match began, she broke that promise for a second time. The reason was that she needed to be sure of his condition, and she was pleased. What she found was something great, he had gotten stronger.

Izuku, in this very moment, was now stronger than he used to be as The Guardian. Back then he could take the full force of Endeavour's strongest attack, so this pathetic little fireball would only tickle him.

After a few minutes the dust settled, to reveal the strong. Everyone was shocked when they saw it, the looming figure that was Izuku Midoriya. He hadn't moved a millimeter, he didn't even blink. To him that explosion was no more than a breeze, which meant that Katsuki stood no chance against him.

In the moment of shock, Izuku moved towards Katsuki. After being just a few centimeters away from him, he tapped him on the neck. Katsuki fell to the floor, completely knocked out.

After that was done Izuku quickly made his way to the bomb. Upon arriving he could see that Ochako was struggling against Tenya.

Izuku ran into the room, with a clear plan in mind. Tenya thought that Izuku was going for the bomb, so he began moving it. What he didn't know was that Izuku's true goal wasn't the bomb, it was Tenya.

Izuku quickly pinned Tenya to the ground while Ochako touched the bomb, securing the victory.

"HERO TEAM WINS!" All Might announced through the intercom.

In the next few minutes Katsuki was carried to the infirmary, while the remaining three reunited with the rest in the monitor room. There everyone was excited and wanted to bombard Izuku with questions.

"Alright, I declare that both Young Iida and Young Midoriya are the MVPs of this match. Can anyone guess why?" All Might asked the crowd, while Iida was shocked at this advancement. In the middle of the crowd Yaoyorozu raised her hand, and was given permission to speak.

"When it comes to Iida it's that he didn't lose track. His teammate was blindsided by personal agendas while Iida stayed true to his assigned role... Midoriya played every card right. He took it upon himself to handle Bakugou, and he did it with care. He could have easily defeated his opponent by using his full strength, but he would end up destroying everything around him if he did so. He had a plan, which relied on the cooperativeness of his teammates and for his vitality to outlast his opponents stamina, and it worked... "

All Might, and many others, were impressed by her deduction. After that was said and done, All Might moved on to the next match.

"Hey Midoriya." Kaminari exclaimed, which grabbed Izuku's attention.

"How did you tank that explosion?" Kaminari asked. Izuku just stood there, confused, as he answered.

"What do you mean 'how did you tank that explosion', I just tanked the explosion." With an equally confused voice.

The people who heard this were stunned. They first thought that Izuku had pulled some trick, but the truth said otherwise. He really was stronger than All Might.

During the remaining matches Izuku had claimed a spot next to Rachel. She noticed, of course, and began speaking.

"I see that you haven't changed." She said. Izuku was confused, so Rachel continued.

"You still rely on your raw power rather than techniques." She then said. Izuku managed to understand now, so he gave his answer.

"Old habits die hard." He said, knowing that Rachel wouldn't like that answer. She hid her hand from Izuku's point of view, as she clenched it hard.

"That's what I was afraid of!" She said, whisper shouting. Izuku knew that this upset her, it was those habits that lead to her leaving him after all.

In that moment, both teens were grippen by bad and dark emotions. They were both sad, and angry, at the same time. They were reminded of the fact that they weren't a couple anymore, and why that was. They both want each other, god knows that, but they're afraid. They're scared of watching their partner get hurt. Rachel is afraid that Izuku will get himself killed by his own self-destructive lifestyle, meanwhile Izuku doesn't want Rachel to be affected by his darkness.

They care too much for each other, so much that they can't bring themselves to openly love. Even though they were standing right next to each other, they weren't. In their minds they were in different universes, but they just couldn't stop thinking about each other.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2.8K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
46.6K 2.2K 146
This is an story which can change depending on the choices you decide to read. So there is no good or bad.... He may be a villain or he can be a hero...
33.1K 809 6
After waking up abandoned at the park, beaten and fatigued. He had nowhere to go as his abusive parents awaited him at home and his former best frien...
19.9K 1.1K 23
A vigilante at UA?! Crazy right but not excatly for Izuku. He was not only the adoptive son of Nezu but also thought about quite a way to get even mo...