Grassland Dreamer (Sequel Sav...

By LimhannyDong

Dongbuk Empire has been prosperous more than twenty years. A small nation, Yamato has been invading their por... More

1. Grassland dreamer
2. Siblings
3. Mt. Tarashan
4. A thief
5. Fortune teller
6. I'm still alive
7. Royal Family
8. Just another day for Jimin
9. I finally found you
11. Is he dead?
12. Jinx fortune teller
13. The hunt for Black Pearl
14. Future daughter in law?
15. His unwanted fiancee
16. Finding a wife for him
17. Garden party
18. The journey
19. Poisoned
20. Secrets blown
21. Holy doctor
22. Refugees
23. Haedong
24. Fishing
25. All in
26. Engagement
27. Seungho
28. Crown Prince
29. Downfall of the Royal Consort
30. Fugitive
31. Craving for her
32. Lady Hyerin
33. Naval battle
34. Dealing with the doctor
35. Weeding
36. Thinking about the future
37. The stinky beggar
38. Regret
39. Hyungbin's grudge
40. I shall marry him
41. Jinx
42. The retired beggar
43. Royal Uncle
44. Burning joss money
45. Bodyguards
46. Chess pieces
47. Payback
48. Assassination
49. More assassinations
50. Heir to the Throne
51. Looking for a heir
52. How to woo a Lady
53. Wedding proposal
54. Rejection
55. Things I should do
56. All's well ends well

10. Visit

12 7 0
By LimhannyDong

Daybreak.

Mi Cha and her family have left the Guanling city. Their next destination is Gyan, a harbor city.

A middle aged man has just walked into Gambling Den. His men have opened path for him. He places his bet on a table. Six men gathers around him.

Jun yawns when he goes downstairs. Shin has waken him up. He said nothing. Only one word: Trouble.

He has thought a brainless thug has come to wreak havoc. He could beat someone into a bloody pulp right now. His mood has gone to drain since Mi Cha left an hour ago.

One look to the tall guy and Jun is ready to bolt.

"Nam Joon, seal the exit," orders him.

"Yes, Master."

The Captain of Royal bodyguards stands on the door. Preventing anyone to come in or get out of the Casino. Two bodyguards have moved to block the stairs.

Jun protests, "You can't do this. I'm doing business here."

Yoon-gi smirks.

He says, "You are doing too great here. Should I smash your little business first? So you would come home?"

"No. I can't come home. Not now."

"Your mother won't force you to marry anymore."

Jun grabs his hand and pleads, "Let's go to my office to talk."

It's a good thing that his old man is wearing a broad hat that shield his hair.

In his office, Jun releases his hand. The six bodyguards have gone in too. His small office is so crowded. It's hard to move without bumping to someone else.

Jun asks, "Why are you here?"

Nam Joon scolds, "Prince, be polite."

Jun hushes him and orders, "Someone, please close the door."

A bodyguard has closed it. Jun stares his father. He only smirks to his son. He takes off his hat. His blond hair is shiny as usual. He looks like he is wearing a golden crown right now.

The one in the prophecy. The King whom united the whole continent.

Jun's father, the Dongbuk Emperor.

He asks, "When are you going back to the palace? You don't belong here."

"I don't wanna go back."

"Your mother..."

"I heard about it. I sent my men to locate the missing ingredients."

There are fifteen ingredients in the list. Most of them could be bought with money. Three of them are very rare. It would be hard to collect them all.

The Emperor, Min Yoon-gi says, "The black pearl might be found in Gyan city. I've asked Foreign Minister to buy some from Yamato country."

Jun is silent.

Yamato Country is an archipelago nation south of the Continent. It has very strong naval army.

Yamato nation has sent their battleships to conquer smaller nations around them. Dongbuk Empire has lost five harbor cities to them.

Jun comments, "I don't think Yamato will give the pearls to us."

"That's why I need you to go. Find them and bring them back."

"Shadow Moon?"

"Your mother doesn't believe them."

Jun asks, "You believe her?"

Yoon-gi sighs.

He confesses, "We have been married for twenty two years. Lee Ji Eun could be crafty sometimes. I don't think she would harm your mother."

"You don't think so? She was the leader! She could have fooled you!"

Nam Joon warns, "Be polite to Your Majesty, Prince."

Jun scolds, "It's my business with him. Don't interfere."

Yoon-gi puts on his hat again.

He says, "No use talking to this stubborn goat anymore. Let's leave, Nam Joon. I need to meet my future daughter in law."

"What? I didn't get engage to anyone."

"Not yet. Jimin said you're going to. He has a good hunch."

"Father, don't get your hope too high. There is no possibility I will marry a woman."

Yoon-gi chuckles.

He confesses, "Funny. I used to think like that too. Until your mother tackled me down."

His father is walking toward the door.

Jun says, "I will find the cure, Father."

"I know. I trust you."

Yoon-gi walks out of the Casino. He stares around him. This is a good spot. People come and go in this Casino. His oldest son is doing too well. He doesn't want to get involved in politics in palace anymore.

"Master, are we leaving?" asks Vice Captain.

Nam Joon has selected Choi Ewon as his Vice Captain two years ago. It seems the young bodyguard has exceeded his expectation.

Nam Joon has been talking about early pension lately. He believes he could trust Yoon-gi's safety to Choi Ewon.

Yoon-gi rides his horse. Nam Joon is riding next to him. The Captain thinks he should resign soon.

Yoon-gi says, "I think you should reconsider it. You are still too young for early retirement."

"Master, let's face it. I could barely keep up with you when I was younger. This old horse knows when it's time to go to grassland."

"I prefer you over him."

"I'm grateful, Master. It has been an honor to serve you."

"Where are you going after you left me?"

"Fishing sound great."

Yoon-gi advices, "I shall give you temporary leave for fishing. Let's say three months. I bet you are dying to come back out of boredom."

"Master..."

"It has been decided. Go fishing and come back, Nam Joon."

"Yes, Master."

Ewon looks around them. He is very cautious guy. That's why Nam Joon trusted him most. Despite his age, he is a very talented swordsman.

Nam Joon asks, "Is it okay? To let him live like that?"

Yoon-gi shakes his head.

He comments, "Nam Joon, I just want my children to be happy. Palace is a cold ghastly place. Too much politics."

"Sooner or later, he must learn his duties."

Yoon-gi sighs.

"Master, you still blamed yourself for the past."

"If it weren't for me, he would never lost his hand. If I wasn't so stupid and believed the wrong man..."

"Master, don't dwell in the past too long. If you kept looking back, you can't see the road ahead of you."

Yoon-gi chuckles.

He asks, "Okay, where is my simpleton bodyguard? What did you do to him?"

Nam Joon smirks. Maybe learning few quotes from the ministers aren't bad ideas. Sometimes he heard those scholars said something brilliant in the morning court.

He remembered this quote because Jin used it to scold another minister during a court session.

Most of the bodyguards are guarding outside the Hall. Only Jimin and Nam Joon are allowed to stand next to the Emperor Royal Seat.

The seat has been changed after the old uncomfortable wooden chair got broken many years ago. Today's throne is made from a mixture of steel and wood. It's decorated with pearls, jewels and gold. Dragon and a shining Sun are engraved on the seat.

Yoon-gi says, "When you weren't around, I'm going to ask Jimin to bring my swords to the Audience Hall."

"Ewon is the Vice Captain."

Yoon-gi looks back to the young Vice Captain. The younger man smiles politely to him. The Emperor could find no fault at him.

Ewon has passed the test with excellent scores. He has served in Hwarang for five years before got transferred to the Royal bodyguards. He has come from good family background.

Nothing is wrong.

Yoon-gi still doesn't like him. When you see a perfect guy, you just couldn't help of being suspicious.

Ewon keeps on smiling on his way back to the palace.

----------------------------------------
Please vote and comment :)

Yoon-gi visited his son. He missed the chance to see Jun's dream girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 253 30
The story where A beautiful city called Nexara City had been covered by a zombie apocalypse. The outbreak began when someone sneaked into Wonwoo and...
8K 347 50
( ✅) "I'll treat you better than he did, better than anyone else"- Chan "Promise?" Jeongin "Promise"- Chan I DID NOT EDIT ALL THIS SO IM SORRY FOR T...
2.2K 569 61
Warning: This is a story about war complete with bloody scenes and deaths. Not for underage and faint of hearts The Prince asks, "Why people couldn'...
20.9K 1K 30
COMPLETED "A sparrow cannot wish to fly high with the hawk. Who am I, a lowly servant, to love a royalty like you, my master." Living as a servant ma...