Downpour

SerenityAt98 által

Each person has an equal amount of rain cloud and sunlight, when a person has shed a certain amount of tears... Több

Characters
Chapter 1 "You're the worst nightmare!"
Chapter 2 "How is it working with you?"
Chapter 3 "Rain? Then I'll stay for more"
Chapter 4 "Damage has been done, there's no reset button"
Chapter 5 "Who are you? 'cause I think I'm..."
Chapter 7 "Too late..."
Chapter 8 "Things I do, Because I love you"
Chapter 9 "And to tell you"
Chapter 10 "I'll take my chances"
Chapter 11 "Playing with my mind?"
Chapter 12 "Brave Girl in The Woods"
CHAPTER 13 PIORITIES... OVER?
CHAPTER 14 "I Trust you"
CHAPTER 15 "When You Need Me Most"
CHAPTER 16 "Looking at One star"
CHAPTER 17 "Now the world knows... I love that there's only just the Two of us"
CHAPTER 18 "Words like I Need You"
CHAPTER 19 "One step back"
Chapter 20 "Pandora's Box"
Chapter 21 "Downpour" Finale
Author's Message

Chapter 6 "I don't get you!"

12 1 0
SerenityAt98 által

Yin Ivy Lee's POV

"So, you fired Yuan?" Loren's at my room, we're just chatting for a while after she returned from China.

"I didn't. You know me, even though I might hate a person, I still go with my principles. I admit that 20 Million is a tempting offer. But I think whatever their problem was, business shouldn't be involved..."

"Girl, are you still that mad with Yuan?"

"Honestly, when I told him off everything that has happened, something in my chest was, you know, I feel light. But of course, I couldn't remove all the pain. When I see him, sometimes I get remembered of that day."

"I see..."

"Well he does make an effort so I could accept his apology, he even took my secretary's place temporarily."

"I hope you'll just forget everything that has happened..."

We became silent for a while...

"Anyway!! Enough with the heavy!! I heard Yang's back? Where is he?"

"He's living on the guest house, but today he had a dinner with his family..."

"Ahhhh I see... You must be happy having Yang around"

"He's really special to me, of course I'm very Happy, having to see him after many years..."

After chatting with her and telling her what has happened while she was away, I felt so light, moments later she went home and I get to rest.

"Good morning miss Ivy"

"Good morning..."

I entered the elevator...

"Wait!! Wait!! Wait!!"

I pressed the open button...

"Ahhhh!! Oh... Miss Ivy, ummm good morning..."

I just nodded in response he was just looking at me... spacing out again?!

"Are you not coming in?"

"Ahh... Sorry..." he got on the elevator

"Do you need some psychological consultation? you space out a lot? Are you in your right mind?"

"Hehehehe! Ummm I'm fine Ivy..." he laughed like a fool and dropped down the honorifics?

"Did you just call me by my name alone?"

"Ahhh I'm sorry Miss Ivy"

"Get your act straight will you!?" the door opened and I walked towards my office

We were both very early so there's a few people at the office.

*knock *knock

"Yes!"

He put down a red rose on my table...

"What's this?" I said

"Ahh... you seem to be in a bad mood so I just thought..."

Someone came in

"Yin!! Hiiii!!!! Here I brought some flowers..."

"Ooooh Dahlia and Baby's breath..."

"If you still remember, what are their meanings?"

"Hmmm... wait... ahhh!! Dahlia means proud love without compromise and Baby's breath means Everlasting love and innocence"

"You're good!!" Yang said as he pats my head.

"Ahem!! Excuse me... Ahhh.. Miss Ivy here are some documents you need to review." He put the document down and took the rose

"Wait!! Are you taking back the rose?!" I asked

"Huh?? I thought you don't need it anyway..." he said with a weird tone...

"Mr. Yuan do you know the meaning behind the flower you gave her?" Yang asked with a smirk...

"No..."

"Ahh... Yang let's not have him join what we do... Yuan, whenever Yang and I see a flower we tend to find its meaning, it was a hobby since we were a kid"

"Yeah... A red rose may mean romantically so... are you..." Yang spoke in a playful tone...

I saw Yuan's ears flushed, is he a girl? How come he flushed?!

"It could also mean gratitude and appreciation I'll take it as your gratitude. You still have your job, right?"

He handed me the rose, then he left hurriedly... what the heck is wrong with that guy?

"Gratitude... hmm!" I heard Yang, and I saw him playfully smile...

"Yang what are you doing here anyway?"

"Can I just hang out here at your office? I'm really bored"

"hahaha!! Okay but don't you dare disturb me while I work..."

"I won't!!! I swear..."

"You can sit at the couch and watch TV, It's up to you..."

Just like a kid Yang stayed at the office and behaved himself, he read a magazine, played on his phone, watched a movie while I worked...

*Knock *knock

Yang came dashing at the door...

"Here's the payment thank you..."

"What's that?"

"It's already lunch!! Come eat this with me I ordered Donkatsu and pizza..."

"Ooooh that makes my mouth water..."

"Here" he handed me some spoon and fork.

"Ohhh!! This place is good!!! the donkatsu is very crunchy and was cooked well..."

"Glad you like it... wait stay still..."

He took a look at my face closely and wiped off the ketchup on my face...

"You always get something on your face..."

"Aheeem!! Excuse me!" It was Yuan

"The Young Entrepreneurz Magazine sent me a draft of what's gonna come out on their latest issue they want you to check and proof read."

"Ahh just put it on my table..."

"bro! lunch!" Yang offered and I looked at Yuan

"It's fine" he said with a cold stare

He's acting really weird. What's up with that guy, he spaces out and sometimes he gets a little irritated easily...

"Ah! Yin... I didn't bring my car at your office let's just go home together."

"Sure!"

"Anyway, our first Lotus mall is going to have an anniversary next week, I'd like it if you'd come."

"Of course! I'll be there."

"great!"

I continued to work after lunch and Yang doing his things without disturbing me...

"Yang!"

"Umm!? You done working?"

"Yeah!! Since you behaved today, I'll treat you to dinner..."

"That's great!!"

"Where do you want to go?" I asked...

"I'm craving for Crabs! Crustaceans!"

"Okay! okay! Hahahahaha! I know a good place"

"Let's go?"

We went passed by Yuan office and I saw him very busy.

"Your secretary slash Management director seems to be very dedicated in his work..."

"Well, he should be, No-other companies would dare to take him in..."

"What do you mean?"

"His father's company is willing to spend so he can't land a good job."

"You mean the Mendez group of companies?"

"Yeah..."

"Well maybe they want him back, I think I can relate..." Yang said...

"Relate in what aspect?"

"You know it already... let's not talk about it."

"okay! I won't push..."

We arrived at the restaurant. I brought him to an Unlimited Shrimps and Crabs buffet.

"Yin!! They'll probably regret why they opened today because I'm going eat a lot!"

"Hahahaha!! Go ahead inhale all the food you can eat..."

They lead us to our table and began eating after settling down. He was breaking the crab's shells for me.

"Hey, you should eat now, this is enough for me..."

"okay, just tell me if you want more..."

He knows that I'm not good at cracking Crab shells, if I do it on my own, he knows a lot of meat will get wasted...

"The shrimps are really plump here have some..." he handed me a plate filled with peeled shrimps.

"Oh thanks! Let's share..."

"What's your schedule tomorrow?"

"I'm going to visit the mall so I could tell the shop managers occupying the mall to prepare for the anniversary and to hold a one-day sale..."

"I see... I really want to come with you tomorrow but I'll be at the Zheng residence."

"It's fine..."

After watching Yang eat for straight two hours. He rubbed his tummy and said

"Goodness!! That was a good one!!"

"hahahaha! You ate for two hours straight!! For sure you enjoyed!"

After paying the Bill we left and I let Yang drive because he insisted.

"Goodnight Yin!!"

"Have a goodnight Yang!" he dropped me at the main residence and he said he'll walk to the guest house...

I slept just fine. I've been sleeping an extra hour since I told off Yuan what happened 5 years ago. But still I can't sleep properly unless I half a bottle of wine.

I came in to the office early, I need to review some files before I go to the mall...

When the elevator door opened, I saw Yuan with an unexplainable facial expression

"Hey! Aren't you going to greet your boss?"

"Ahh... ummm.. Good morning miss Ivy..."

I came out of the elevator and he made a way for me...

"Ah!! We're going to our first mall later, bring the memorandum that all stores should have a one-day sale on the day of the anniversary"

"How many should I bring?"

"Around 50."

"Copy miss Ivy"

Then I walked towards my office. I checked the files regarding the mall and reviewed its income for the past years. I'm very happy that it maintained its revenues for the past decade.

"Miss, Ivy the memorandums are ready"

"Good let's leave... just leave your car here at the office you'll come with me..."

"O-okay"

What's wrong with this guy really?

"Do you have some circulatory problems Yuan?"

"What?"

"Your ears are... red" as I point out on his ears...

"umm..."

"Do you want to say something?"

"Ummm Miss Ivy I-"

*riiiing *ringgg

Is that my phone? Oh, it's Yang...

"Ohhh wait my phone's ringing"

>>>>

"Yang!! Hi!"

"Yin I'll buy some fresh Tuna belly and Pork belly let's have a barbeque tonight..."

"Barbeque? That would be nice!! Just tell Lady min to have the grilling pan ready at the garden"

"Sounds great! Okay, I'll hang up for now..."

"Okay"

"Well take care!! I really need to go I'm at our residence"

"Okay take care Yang! Call me when you are home!"

"I will!"

<<<<<<

"Ahhh right! Yuan you have something to tell me?"

"Ummm maybe next time, it's not that important."

"Okay... Let's go?"

I'm driving my car to the mall and I saw Yuan buckled himself and held tight to his seat belt strap...

"What are you doing?" I looked at his hands tightly clasped holding the seatbelt strap

"Getting ready to take off?"

"You looked scared"

"Just making sure I get there alive."

"hahaha!! Okay, okay, I get it now... Don't worry the car won't fly today..."

I started the car engine and made it roar!! Hahahahahah! just to tease him off... I went out of the basement and ran my car wildly, just a finale! Ahahaha!

We arrived at the mall and I saw Yuan sweating a lot...

"Hey can you fix yourself?! people may think you've seen a ghost..." I went out of the car and entered the mall through the basement entrance...

"There seems to be a lot of people today" Yuan said as soon as he caught up...

"Seems like it" I'm in a really good mood because the mall is doing great...

We went to the admin office to inform my staff to help us deliver these memorandum as I roam around and check the mall.

"Yuan come with me we'll give the memo in some shops Personally."

"Okay Miss..."

We roamed around to check the mall and hand out the memorandum. On the fifth shop that we were about to visit, there seems to be a problem.

"Miss you haven't given me my change yet!!! I'll film you!! This will go viral!!"

"Ma'am please!! I already gave you the change..."

"Look!! this is all what you gave me!! You stupid---"

She's about to slap the cashier of the dress store.

"Excuse me!"

The lady stopped

"What a great morning isn't it? dear customer may I know what is the problem?"

"This stupid cashier here didn't give me the correct change she's insisting that she already gave me my change but look it's not enough..."

Wait her eyes waiver...

"That is very wrong of course!!!" I smiled

"Miss Ivy I'll just give the exact change."

"No!"

"What?!" the customer raised her voice

"Let's check the CCTV..."

"Just give me my change!! Customers are always right!! Why go through all the hassle?!! Who are you anyway?!!"

"Ahhh!! I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself I am Yin Ivy Lee and apparently I am the owner of this mall"

"Y-you're the owner?"

"As the owner, the safety of my clients and those who work for me are my top priorities, to resolve this issue let's check the CCTVs"

"No need!! I'll just leave!!"

"Yuan!!" I signaled him to stop the lady

"Let go!!!"

"Don't let her go unless you want to get fired Mr. Mendez!"

"Where's your CCTV monitors?"

"It's here Miss Ivy"

"I'll take a look..."

When I reviewed the CCTV, I saw how the lady quickly put the 500 php bill from the whole change given to her by the cashier on her pocket and demanded for a complete change.

I dialed the security department.

"Hello please bring three security guards ASAP!"

"Keep her held Yuan the guards are coming..."

"Miss Ivy"

The three security I requested came rushing.

"Take the lady to the police station and submit this CCTV as an evidence. Tell them that Attorney Yin Ivy Lee will file a case and I'll hand it officially tomorrow, make sure that this woman will get held properly."

"Yes, Miss Ivy."

I crossed my arms as I watched that annoying lady taken to the police.

"Miss Ivy... the memo"

"Ohh, right!"

"Miss!!"

"Yes, Miss Ivy?"

"This is a memorandum, send this to your manager."

"Noted Miss Ivy..."

I nodded...

"Ummm.. Miss Ivy..."

I turned around

"Thank you very much."

I smiled and told her

"Always check the CCTV if problems like this arise"

"Yes, Miss Ivy thank you."

I smiled and moved on to the next store.

Our tour is finally over and we went back to the admin office. I immediately sat on the chair and massage my fractured ankle before.

"Does your ankle hurt Miss Ivy? Should we go to the hospital?"

"A little..."

"Let's go..." he said

"Where?" I asked

"To the hospital..."

"What's wrong with you?! Don't over react!! I just got tired"

"I'm sorry Miss Ivy..."

"Anyway, I need to go home early so let's go..."

"Ummm I'll just drive you home, so your ankle won't hurt more..."

"Is it the only reason? or you just don't want me to drive because you're scared?"

"Your ankle" he confidently answers

"Ummm..." I nodded

"I doubt it..."

"It's true Miss Ivy!"

"Ok fine! True!! If you say so..."

For I know you're just scared that you might die while I drive... hahahahah!! Such a weakling...

He drove my car until we arrived at the Villa. Lady Min was waiting at the front.

"Miss Ivy Yang is waiting at the garden he bought some good and fresh meats"

"Great, I'm hungry..."

"Yin!!! Glad you're already here!! Anyway, flowers!"

"Oh my gosh! are these Amaranthus and Peonies?"

"Yep! You got it!!"

"Never fading feelings"

"Amaranthus" Yang completed my sentence

"Nobility and value"

"Peony!" he continued my phrase

We chuckled together... Oh I forgot!!

"Yuan! Do you want to join us for dinner?"

"Right! Bro I bought a lot you should join us!!"

"Ummm.. No! thanks!!"

See!! Here he goes again being moody all of a sudden!! I don't understand this guy!! We're trying to be friendly here!!

"But why? Something wrong?" I asked

"Nothing, miss ummmm... I have an appointment too later..."

"Oh!! okay, I see..."

He turned around and left without saying goodbye, he seems to be in a bad mood, maybe he has a problem. Well that's his life, his problem...

"Shall we go Yin?"

"Sure"

"I marinated the Pork belly and the Tuna belly it'll be very tasty..."

"You did it alone?"

"Of course!!"

"Are you sure?"

"Hehehe! I had some help from lady Min..."

"Hahahaha!! I knew it!!"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.7K 24
A downpour isn't just rain. It's having all your sadness, pain, and fears come down onto you at once.
102K 3.7K 15
"Happy relationships don't just happen. You make them happen." ; rm x reader ; soulmate au • complete
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
25.4K 2.8K 25
HUMAN/HYBRID! BTS X HUMAN! READER - SOULMATES/HYBRIDS/ANGST AU ☆☆☆ Some things don't always go according to plans. In my case... it was my entire li...