Reality Ever After

By ScribbledVisions

Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growin... More

Copyright ©
Part 1. Our Journey
Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining
Part 3. Let me Protect You
Part 4. I'll Hold You Till the End of Time
Part 5. Mockery Malfunctioned
Part 6. Late Night Phenomenon
Part 7. Pent-Up Emotional Outburst
Part 8. I'll Be There For You
Part 9. Coffee Chronicles
Part 10. Lovers' Quarrel
Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations
Part 12. The Note is Too Low
Part 13. You Before Me
Part 15. Relationship Analytics
Part 16. A Cinderella Moment
Part 17. The Adregenic Concert
Part 18. Head over Heels
Part 19. Plan B
Part 20. This Ain't a Fairy Tale
Part 21. A Two-Way Street?
Part 22. Pieces of a Puzzle
Looking for Inspiration
Part 23. Unknown Aptitude
Part 24. Awkward Huddle
Part 25. Girl Talk
Part 26. Physics & Pa
Part 27. A Tangled Mess
Part 28. Mad At (About) You
Part 29. Lean on me
Part 30. Happy Realization
Part 31. Home
Part 32. Bills and Birth Control
Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions
Part 34. Insecurities At Play
Part 35. Bickering Travellers
Part 36. Tipsy Tales
Part 37. Travel Diaries
Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal
Part 39. My Pillar of Strength
Part 40. Crime Master Gogo
Part 41. A Long Day's Night
Part 42. Impulsive Decisions
Part 43. The First Compromise
Part 44. Friend or Follower?
Part 45. Solace in your Arms
Part 46. Denial & Acceptance
Part 47. Pride & Protectiveness
Part 48. Finding Family
Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise
Part 50. You Inspire Me
Part 51. A Born Leader
Part 52. Envy, Guilt & Fury
Part 53. Shattered But Stronger
Part 54. The Price of Privilege
Part 55. Struggle to Success
Part 56. A Peek into the Future
Decode the cover
Part 57. Diverging Thoughts
Part 58. Baby Steps
Part 59. Rejection
Part 60. Just Another Bad Day
Part 61. Wants and Needs
Part 62. Helpless Turmoil
Part 63. Seize & Surrender
Part 64. Bare My Soul
Chapter 65. Forever Rose
Note
The MaNan Movie - Such a Sham!
Part 66. Ground Rules
Chapter 67: Pawn in the Game
Part 68. Life is a Lie
Part 69. Numb
Part 70. House of Cards
Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm
Note
Part 72. A Web of Love
Part 73. The Battle of the Mind
KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?
Part 74. Letting Go
Part 75. One Last Time
Part 76 - The Beauty of Their Dreams

Part 14. D-Day Jitters

6.5K 545 91
By ScribbledVisions

The next few days passed quickly with FAB5 recording their songs and preparing for their launch and Nandini with her exam. FAB5 had decided to make a small medley of all the songs they have in their album to give the audience a flavour of the music and they were going to close with the soft romantic number that they had made. The Malhotra Mansion was busy with the preparations of the upcoming party and Manik had decided to supervise the party himself this time instead of Nyonkia's managers. He needed the event to be perfect. It was their first album after all.

Nandini walked out of her house at 7:45 am sharp to leave for her exam. She had asked Mohan Bhaiya to come a bit early as she needed buffer time to find the exam center or in case they took a wrong turn as they were unfamiliar with roads in New Bombay. She didn't know why she was a bunch of nerves today. She thanked Manik in her head for suggesting she use the car and the driver today. She would've been even more worried if she had to find the exam center on her own.

As soon as she walked out, she saw not one but 2 cars waiting outside her house.

Nandini - Manik.. What are you doing here? Woh bhi itni subah subah?

Manik had also come over in his own car to wish her good luck for her exam. He was still in his PJs and his sleep-in Tshirt which indicated that he had not even showered yet and came to see her first thing in the morning.

Manik pulled into a hug wishing her luck.

Manik - All the best my to-be Sanki Scientist. Do well and make me proud.

Nandini - Thank you. But tum itni subah subah kyu aaye? You need to sleep well today Manik.

Manik - Main tumhe wish karne aaya tha. It's an important day for both of us. A stepping stone in our careers. I had to wish you good luck.

Nandini - Thank you so much. I love you.

Manik - Love you too. Tumne sab kuch le liya na theek se? Your seat number details and exam confirmation aur sab kuch?

Nandini - Haan. I have everything.

Manik - Stationary? Pencils, pens, that scientific calculator you need?

Nandini - Haan baba sab kuch hai. Don't worry.

Manik - But you're forgetting one thing. And I knew tum bhool jaogi.

Nandini - Kya?

He bent down near the window of his car and brought a box out from the dashboard. It had a simple but a beautiful watch in it. He removed it from the box and made Nandini wear it.

Manik - Mujhe pata tha tum watch pehenna bhool jaogi. Tumhe aadat nahi hai watches ki. But you'll need one for the exam. To keep track of time.

Nandini - Manik. I'm so glad you remembered but Manik, I'm sure yeh bohot expensive hogi. I can't accept it.

Manik - Nahi hai expensive. It's not some designer watch. Basic watch hai. Mujhe pata hai tum expensive cheezein nahi leti ho mujhse. Anyway, hum yeh argument tumhari exam ke baad continue karenge. You should leave now or else you'll get late. Mohan ko pata hai tumhara center kahaan hai toh tum seedha pohoch jaogi.

Nandini - Mohan BHAIYA. Woh tumse bade hai.

Manik - Okay Fine. Mohan Bhaiya ko pata hai tumhare center ka raasta. So you can chill.

Nandini - But unhe kaise pata?

Manik - Yesterday, I went and checked out your center with Mohan Bhaiya. So you don't panic and waste your time today. So ab tum tension free hokar jao and rock the exam. I'll wait for you after the exam.

Nandini - Haan baba, I'll be there as soon as I finish my exam. Ab tum ghar jao and sleep for a bit or else you won't be able to perform well.

Manik - Nahi. I'm going to the salon abhi. I have an appointment. I need a haircut and a beard trim. I look hideous for a stage performance today.

Nandini - Sab kuch last moment ke liye choda hai. Anyway, I'll see you in a bit.

Manik - Bye. All the best and love you.

Nandini sat in the car and Mohan Bhaiya drove her away.

Since it was a big day for Manik, he decided to go pay Chachi a visit too.

Chachi - Arrey Manik. Itni subah subah? Nandini toh ghar pe nahi hai. Abhi abhi bahar gayi. Keh rahi thi ki koi bohot important kaam hai.

Manik - Haan chachi. Main aapse milne aaya tha.

Chachi - Arrey waah. Accha hua tu aa gaya. Maine breakfast mein aloo ke parathe banaye hai. Main abhi Bhagwanji ke paas diya laga kar tujhe garma garam parathe banakar khilaati hu. Waise Nandu keh rahi thi ki aaj tera koi bohot bada event hai?

Manik - Haan Chachi. Shaam ko hum humaara sabse pehla album launch kar rahe hai.

Chachi - Arrey waah. Yeh toh bohot acchi baat hai. Chal tu bhi aaja aur bhagwanji se aashirwad le le.

Manik - Par Chachi. Maine toh nahaya bhi nahi hai. Sorry.

Chachi - Koi baat nahi. Bhagwaanji se kaisi formality. Agar sacche Mann se pray karo, toh yeh sab cheezein mayne nahi rakhti.

She got Manik to pray to God and also prayed for Manik's successful career in whatever he wants. She then fed him a hearty breakfast before he started off with one of the most important days of his life. As he was about to leave, he didn't know why he felt like touching Chachi's feet and taking her blessing before his big day and she not only blessed him but took him in a warm hug wishing him all the luck for today.

As Manik was driving to the salon, he felt so much more calmer about the event today. To be honest, he felt like he was all over the place the past few weeks trying to ensure everything was planned well. He had come to realise that ever since Nandini had stepped into his life, talking and discussing stuff with her just helped him sort out his priorities.She unknowingly always helped him get clarity on what was more important and what wasn't and with Nandini being busy with her own exams, he had been a complete mess. He realised he really needed to learn how to manage his time better from Nandini. Though he knew she'd always be there with him to help him but he wanted to learn to do that better. But for now,  seeing Nandini and Chachi this morning had actually managed to calm his nerves and make him feel so much more confident.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was around lunch-time and Manik was found yelling at every worker working for the party. They couldn't seem to get anything right (according to Manik). From the lights to placement of the instruments to sound effects and so on. The rest of the FAB5 members were standing on the sidelines and watching the 'Monster Manik' show and placing their bets.

Cabir - Tum logon ko kya lagta hai? Iska mood Nandini ke wajah se kharab hai?

Mukti - Nandini ke wajah se kyu kharab hoga? Woh toh uski exam dene gayi hai na? I'm sure isse sirf bhook lagi hai. Ya toh phir aaj ki performance ki wajah se nervous hai.

Alya - Manik and nervous about a performance? Impossible.

Dhruv just stood there and heard all of them. Funnily, a year ago, his friends would be pushing him to calm the angry Manik down. But today, he couldn't even guess why he was angry in the first place, forget calming him down.

Cabir - Chal bet lagaate hai.

They heard a voice from behind surprising all of them.

Voice - Kiss cheez pe bet laga rahe ho?

They all turned to find Manik's dad standing there dressed in an impeccable suit.

Cabir - Uncle? Aap?

Mukti - How are you uncle? Aap yahaan kaise?

Dhruv - Hello Uncle.

Alya - Hi Uncle, How are you?

Mr. Malhotra - I am fine kids. Kitne bade ho gaye ho tum log. Last time tumhare 12th standard ke baad dekha tha. Look at all of you now.

Cabir - Aap aate kahaan hai humse milne.

Mr. Malhotra - I came today na. Tum logon ka album launch kaise miss kar sakta tha? Woh sab chodo. Kis cheez pe bet laga rahe the tum log? Aur Manik kahaan hai?

Cabir - Woh raha aapka beta. Volcano ki tarah phatt raha hai. Toh hum log bet laga rahe the ki woh kiss cheez ki wajah se itna gussa hai.

Mr. Malhotra - Bass itni si baat? Bhook lagi hogi usse. Khaana do isse toh shaant ho jayega.

Cabir - Arrey Uncle, aapko pata nahi. Aaj kal iski life mein khaane se bhi zyaada important koi aur hai. My money is on Nandini. I'm sure ussi se koi related problem hai.

Mr. Malhotra - Nandini? Matlab uski girlfriend?

Mukti - Sirf girlfriend mat boliye uncle. Woh ek iklauti cheez hai jo aapke bete ko control kar sakti hai?

Mr. Malhotra - Kuch bhi mat bolo bacchon. Manik ko main bachpan se jaanta hu. Mera beta hai after all. Itna ziddi insaan maine kabhi nahi dekha. Aur gusse mein toh woh kisi ki bhi nahi sunta. Sirf yeh Dhruv usse bachpan mein shaant karwa sakta tha. Beta, jaa kar usse baat kar.

Cabir - Arry Uncle. Pehle bet lagaate hai na. Aap keh rahe hai ki usse bhook lagi hai. Main kehta hu Nandini-related kuch hua hai. Alya, Mukti?

Dhruv noticed how conveniently Cabir managed to distract Mr. Malhotra from making him go to Manik.

Mukti - I think Uncle is right. Maybe he's just hungry. It's already lunch-time and he hasn't eaten. Shayad breakfast bhi nahi kiya hoga.

Alya - I think he didn't sleep well last night. Didn't you notice he was all ready, shaved and trimmed aaj subah.

Cabir - Theek hai. 2000 ki lagi.

Alya - But how will we find out?

Just then, they heard a car stopping at the driveway and Nandini coming out.

Cabir - Ab toh pata chal hi jayega. Manik gussa kisi bhi baat pe ho but uske gusse ka ilaaj ek hi insaan hai.

Nandini walked towards the stage setup where Manik was blowing his head off at all workers.

Nandini - Kha jao uss bechare electrician ko. Bass yehi baaki reh gaya hai.

As soon as he heard Nandini, he immediately turned around, the electrician long forgotten.

Manik - Finally. Finally you're here. Kitni derr laga di. Main kabse wait kar raha tha. And why the hell did you have to go shopping aaj ke din hi. Didn't you know main kabse tumhare liye wait kar raha tha. Waise toh kabhi nahi jaati shopping. But tumhe toh aaj hi jaana tha.

Nandini - But I wanted to buy shoes for tonight. Mere paas kuch bhi nahi hai aaj ke liye and Alya got me such a nice dress but I didn't have matching shoes with it.

Manik - Tum ladkiyan aur shoes. How does it matter Nandini? Kuch bhi pehen leti. Waise bhi who has the time to look at shoes.

Nandini -Manik....

Manik - Whatever. Tumhara exam kaisa tha? Did it go well?

Nandini - Accha tha. It was mostly from the practice tests that I had done.

Manik - And were you able to complete the Physics section? Tumhe humesha problem hoti thi to finish that section on time.

Nandini - Haan I completed it. Aaram se. Anyway, woh sab chodo. Tumne lunch kiya? Mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai. Tumhe nahi lagi?

Manik - Nahi. I'm not so hungry. Chachi ne 4 aloo ke parathe khilaye for breakfast. Pet ab tak bhara hai.

Nandini - Waise itna gussa kyu? Why are you so angry?

Manik - Don't ask yaar. I was planning a surprise for you and it had to be ready by today. But these stupid workers ke wajah se it's not fully ready yet. So I was just irritated because of that. Upar se you decided to go shopping today. You know I'd been waiting for your exam to get over since so many days.

Nandini - What surprise?

Manik - Surprise hai..

Nandini - Manik. Tell me na. Please.

Manik - It's in my room. But it's not fully ready yet.

Nandini - It's okay. I want to see it. Jaldi chalo...

Manik smiled at her enthusiasm.

Manik - Okay. I hope you like it.

Nandini - I know I'll like it.

In the meanwhile, Fab4 and Mr. Malhotra, were looking at how the super angry Manik Malhotra was now cool, calm, collected and smiling within minutes of meeting Nandini Murthy.

Mr. Malhotra - Yeh kaise ho gaya?

Cabir - Maine bola tha na Uncle. Manik ko uski Laila ke alawa aur koi control nahi kar sakta.

Mr. Malhotra - Hmmm. Interesting... Anyway, tujhe tere bet ke paise mil jayenge. Main ab mere bete se toh mil loon?

He then walked ahead and called out to Manik who was walking into the house with Nandini.

Mr. Malhotra - Manik...

Manik turned around to find his Dad calling out to him.

Manik - Dad? Aap yahaan? What a pleasant surprise.

He immediately rushed to him and gave him a big hug.

Mr. Malhotra - Tere album launch ke liye aaya hu. All set?

Manik - Yes Dad. All set. I'm so glad you came.

Mr. Malhotra - Of course I had to come. Tere life ka itna bada milestone hai, after all.

Manik - Thanks Dad. Oh, and Dad. Meet Nandini. Hum dono yeh weekend aane waale the aapse milne.

Mr. Malhotra passed Nandini a warm smile.

Mr. Malhotra - Hi Nandini. Tumhare baare mein maine bohot suna hai. Finally I get to meet you.

Nandini - Hi Uncle. Manik bhi aapke baare mein mujhse bohot saari baatein karta hai. It's a pleasure to finally be able to meet you.

Mr. Malhotra - I hope acchi baatein karta ho.

Nandini - Of course. And I'm so glad ki aap aaj yahaan aaye. Now Fab5 is going to rock this performance tonight.

Manik - Kya humne aaj tak koi bhi performance rock nahi ki hai? You should know this Ms. Nandini Murthy.

Mr. Malhotra - Bachpan se overconfident.

But Nandini and Mr. Malhotra both knew he was very nervous for this performance but didn't say it out loud.

Nandini - Anyway, aap aur Manik baatein kariye. Mujhe Alya se thoda kaam hai. I'll catch up with you later Uncle.

Soon Manik and his Dad got busy catching up and Manik was telling him all about tonight's performance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 5.5K 49
Aaj tak tumne bahut si kahaniya padhi aur suni hogi . Kabhi Aisa hua hai ki hero hi apne pyaar ki jaan lene ke liye majboor ho ? Ek taraf vo usey pur...
177K 13.7K 72
Story of three brothers who love each other like hell ... lifeline of each other.. can do anything for each other's happiness But what happens when...
267K 15.9K 118
This is completely my imagination and it's a fictional work please don't take it seriously. I ship Harshali and if they ever fall in love I want thei...
33.9K 7.2K 60
Title se pata chal he Gaya hoga. To aayie dekhte hai humari Kareena ki arrange vali love story. Thoda pyaar, Thodi Takrar - Kya hoga Haseena ko karis...