Renegades One Shots (Nodrian...

By PrincessRenegade

A collection of random renegades-themed one-shots! All characters, world, etc, belong to the wonderful Mariss... More

Intro (Not a One-Shot)
Silent Thoughts (Nodrian)
Asking You Out (Osby)
Perfect First Date (Osby)
I'm Sorry (Nodrian)
Bloody Noses (Nodrian)
Awkward Stumble (Nodrian)
Adventures in Baking (Osby)
Movie Night (Osby)
Supernova is Here!!!
My Happy Ending (Nodrian, Spoilers!)
The Christmas Spirit (Part One, no spoilers)
Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)
Writer's Block (No Longer Relevant)
The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)
The Trials (Part 2, No Spoilers)
Soundwave's Plan (Part 1, No Spoilers)
Elementary School Osby (No Spoilers!)
Soundwave's Revenge
Dogs or Cats? (Nodrian Fluff)
Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)
The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)
Friends (Grade School Osby Rewrite)
Support (Nodrian, Major Supernova Spoilers)
Cramps and Ice Cream (Somewhat Osby, hints of Nodrian, No spoilers)
Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)
Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)
Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part Two (Spoilers)
Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)
Tragedy (No Spoilers)
Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)
Unpopular Opinion
Telling the Friends (Nodrian, Osby, Spoilers)
Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)
You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)
Nova Makes a Mistake (Nodrian, No Spoilers)
PSA For My Readers: You Guys are AWESOME
An Update
It's Out!
The Trials Series: Danna's Trials (No Spoilers)
Truth or Dare (Nodrian & Osby)
The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)
Just Ask Her Already! (Nodrian, Spoilers)
Engagements (Nodrian, Osby, Small Spoilers)
Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)
Update (Not a One-Shot)
Adrian Makes a Mistake (Supernova Spoilers)
Family (MAJOR SUPERNOVA SPOILERS)
Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)
Ask Her Out, You Useless Lesbian
You Have to Heal
I Have Closure (No Spoilers)
Book Reviews by the Characters (Major Spoilers)
Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)
Renegades on the Big Screen (Minor Spoilers)
Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)
New Year's Special (Archenemies Spoilers)
Memories (Spoilers, Mostly Nodrian, Some Osby)
Kittens (No Spoilers)
Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)

384 10 7
By PrincessRenegade

Hey, everybody.

This one is for krazykitty5536. She wanted me to do a Nova/Danna pairing and I said I'd try my hand. By the way, shoutout to @Dodooo12345, your comments on Truth Or Dare literally made me laugh so hard. Thank you!

I'm all for gay ships, but I never shipped Nova and Danna because Marissa never really hinted at anything going on between them. Plus I might be in love with Danna and might have some jealousy issues even though they're fictional characters.

What? I didn't just admit I have attachment issues to fictional characters.

No, not at all.

Anyway, the confession quote and the title of this is pulled from one of my all-time favorite ships, Catradora, from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

As krazykitty already knows, I wasn't even sure if I would post it because I wasn't sure how good it will be, but I think it's good enough to be worth posting.

This takes place in the future, after the battle and all that. In this timeline, Nova and Adrian hadn't had children yet.

So, here goes nothing.

----------------------------------------------------

Nova was still grieving.

It had been a year since Adrian had died young and Nova was widowed. She was only 25.

Now all she was left with was an empty house and a mean cat.

The cat was an engagement gift from Adrian.

Sometimes Ruby and Oscar came over. They were newly married.

Nova liked their company but they couldn't bring Adrian back. Danna came over sometimes, too, but not as much as Ruby and Oscar. Nova mostly just saw her on patrol.

Most of the time, Nova just sulked in her living room, wishing she could have done something. Anything.

Nova was brought back to the present when she heard a knock.

She thought it was Max. He had come by almost every day and grieved with Nova.

Nova slowly got up and opened the door.

She was surprised to see Danna.

"Danna? I thought you, Ruby, and Oscar were going bowling." Nova said. They had invited Nova, but she didn't want to go. Not without Adrian.

"Yeah. Well, after you declined on coming, I knew I needed to see you to make sure you were ok." Danna replied.

"I'm fine," Nova stated.

"No, you're not. You have bags under your eyes, your hair is matted, and you look like you haven't eaten in days," Danna replied.

Nova blinked. She couldn't remember the last time she ate an actual meal instead of a handful of chips and a glass of water.

"Nova, I understand you miss him. And your feelings are valid. But he would want you to take care of yourself." Danna said.

"I know. But everyday it's a little harder to go on without him. I lost my husband, Danna. It took a while, but I finally realized that he's not coming back. And a life without him isn't worth living."

"Nova, don't you dare say that," Danna said. "Have you..."

"No. I considered it, though." Nova replied. "But I'd have to leave my cat. And she already lost Adrian, I don't want her to lose me, too."

"Can I come in?" Danna asked.

Nova just realized that Danna was still standing in front of her door, on her porch.

"Right, of course," Nova replied, moving over. Danna walked in and Nova closed the door behind her.

The cat, Princess Sweetie, greeted Danna.

"Wow. She usually hates visitors," Nova said. "She even hated Adrian at first."

"Animals like me. Probably cause of the whole butterfly thing." Danna replied. "But I still hate those stupid crows."

"Anyway, Danna, what will it take for you to leave me alone?" Nova asked.

"Nova, I'm not leaving this house until I can be confident that you're going to start taking care of yourself," Danna insisted.

Nova groaned. She looked at the mantle, where she had put picture frames of Adrian (and sometimes pictures of her and Adrian, such as their wedding picture), to commemorate him.

"You sent her, Adrian, didn't you?" Nova asked the most recent picture of him before he died.

The picture, of course, didn't answer.

"Go take a shower," Danna commanded.

"Fine," Nova replied and headed towards her bathroom.

Danna headed to the kitchen to cook some food since the widow couldn't seem to feed herself.

"Wow," Danna said, when she was confident that Nova couldn't hear. "The woman I love has already been widowed once."

"Meow," The cat said, rubbing against Danna's ankles.

Danna flipped the grilled cheese over. She put the finished product on a plate and then got a handful of baby carrots out of the fridge so Nova could start getting her vitamins back.

Nova emerged from her bathroom.

She was wearing a clean outfit and her hair was still wet, but Danna could tell that when it dried, it'd look better than it did before the shower.

"I made you lunch. It's grilled cheese with a side of baby carrots," Danna said, handing her the plate.

"Oh, Thanks, but I'm not..."

"Nova, I swear that if you don't sit down and eat right now..." Danna began to threaten.

"Ok, ok, fine. I'll eat," Nova said, taking a seat at the table.

She would eat dinners at this table with Adrian. She hadn't used it since he died.

"Why are you doing this, Danna?" Nova asked.

"Because you're my friend, Nova," Danna replied.

Nova was good at telling when people were telling the truth.

And she could tell Danna was being only half-truthful.

"And?" Nova asked.

"Huh?"

"You're not telling me the whole truth," Nova replied, taking a sip of the water Danna had put in front of her.

Danna sat across from Nova.

"Because Nova...." She paused. "Don't you get it?"

Nova shook her head. "Get what?"

"I love you! I always have!"

Nova stared at the blonde in front of her.

She didn't know what to say.

Nova had known for a long time that she wasn't straight. She was pansexual, but Danna didn't know that (non-canonical). 

"But you don't like girls," Danna said, looking away.

"Assuming my sexuality? Rude," Nova commented.

Danna looked at her, mouth agape. 

"I'm pansexual. And if I can't have Adrian, I'm glad I can have you. Plus, I think Adrian kind of shipped us all along." Nova said.

Danna slowly processed what Nova had just said.

"You... You like me?"

"Yep. And if I hadn't fallen in love with Adrian, first, I probably would have dated you."

Danna and Nova both got up.

Danna embraced Nova, and then brought her in for a kiss.

Nova was sure that Adrian was still behind this, looking at them from wherever he was now. His wife was already feeling better. His job was done. And hopefully, he was happy that his plan worked.

Nova would always love him, but her heart has room for two.

--------------------------------------------------

So I don't know if I'd call this good, but it turned out better than I thought it would be.

I can vibe with Nova and Danna. It's not a bad ship by any means, but I made Adrian die because I couldn't break up Nova and Adrian in any other way. I do ship them more than Danna/Nova.

Anyway, I hope you liked this.

That bit about assuming sexuality?

I don't know if this is everyone, but I find that assuming sexuality is very rude. People assume I'm straight because I've very femme and I don't look like I could be anything other and I've had boyfriends. But I know who I am attracted to, damn it, and I do like the ladies!

The truth us, I'm a friend of Kyoshi, which is code for bisexual. I'm sorry but last time I checked, bisexuals don't have a certain look. Neither do lesbians, or gay men. They're all different. There are some butch lesbians, some femme lesbians, some buff gay men, some scrawny. You can't judge a book by their cover. Stereotypes are never true for everyone.

Fun Fact: The canon art of Danna is what made me question my sexuality. I looked at the picture and I was like "Whoa, there's that weird feeling I sometimes get for other girls again."

I had a whole journey and really sat down with myself and finally came to terms with the fact that I can go either way.

Anyway, I know I mentioned Adrian a lot. But I mean, Nova lost a husband, she's not gonna get over it just like that. So Danna intervened. And they both love each other. Yay!

Thank you again, @krazykitty5536, for the request.

Also, I didn't get many comments asking me to continue, but I think I will hold off on ending this, just because I have more ideas and I'm not ready to part with the Renegades characters just yet. So there will be a few more chapters after this before the finale.

But I promise it will end soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 223 22
This is just a collection of One-Shots from the MMORPG Elsword! I will be taking requests!
1.6M 23.2K 93
Edit: Old username will not be changed from the book. This is my first one-shots book. Please feel free to suggest anything! Yes... even lemons! I'll...
92.7K 1K 21
REQUESTS FOR PREFERENCES ARE OPEN. REQUESTS FOR ONESHOTS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. It may take some time to catch up to yours, but please remember that...
28.4K 544 30
A compilation of AU's and onshots for Kaider. Some are fluffy, while others are devastatingly sad, and every once in a while there's one just for lau...