Free Minds Chained Hearts | ✔

By illianaklyne

Loving yourself is hard. Trying to find love in a family who objectified you? Seems like work. But try findin... More

W E L C O M E
P A R T 1
P R O L O G U E
Part 1 | Chapter 1
Part 1 | Chapter 2
Part 1 | Chapter 3
Part 1 | Chapter 4
Part 1 | Chapter 5
Part 1 | Chapter 6
Part 1 | Chapter 7
Part 1 | Chapter 8
Part 1 | Chapter 9
Part 1 | Chapter 10
Part 1 | Chapter 11
Part 1 | Chapter 12
Part 1 | Chapter 13
Part 1 | Chapter 14
Part 1 | Chapter 15
Part 1 | Chapter 16
Part 1 | Chapter 17
Part 1 | Chapter 18
Part 1 | Chapter 19
Part 1 | Chapter 20
P A R T 2
Part 2 | Chapter 1
Part 2 | Chapter 2
Part 2 | Chapter 3
Part 2 | Chapter 4
Part 2 | Chapter 5
Part 2 | Chapter 7
Part 2 | Chapter 8
Part 2 | Chapter 9
Part 2 | Chapter 10
Part 2 | Chapter 11
Part 2 | Chapter 12
Part 2 | Chapter 13
Part 2 | Chapter 14
Part 2 | Chapter 15
P A R T 3
Part 3 | Chapter 1
Part 3 | Chapter 2
Part 3 | Chapter 3
Part 3 | Chapter 4
Part 3 | Chapter 5
Part 3 | Chapter 6
Part 3 | Chapter 7
Part 3 | Chapter 8
Part 3 | Chapter 9
E P I L O G U E

Part 2 | Chapter 6

2.1K 92 6
By illianaklyne

That innocent looking son of a bitch. I was that close to literally having a taste and there he was, ready to break the fun just as it had begun.

I admit, at first, I did not give two damns about what happened in that library but after days past, my mind went haywire as if it was rebooted into thinking about only one thing. All I had in mind was the question: what would it feel like? It haunted me like an image of her at that exact moment. Then, when I finally had my chance to get an answer this smiley fucker swipes in and decided to call her princes.

Disgusting prick.

"Hey, you guys are all here!" Danica's less than appealing voice snatches me from my poisoned mind and I watched as she, Jocelyn, and Cade walked up to us. All of them went to Evangeline first as they should, check-up on her and asking how she's been.

Meanwhile, here I am, glaring at the man with a curly head of hair and thinking of the many ways I could have my pay-back.

I'm not the one to be so keen on kissing someone but damn, what a temptation to have. Or maybe I'm just a perverted asshole. Either way, both sides still want answers but now I'm just left all worked up about it because well, it was rudely interrupted.

After having their greetings and buying their snacks, we were finally ready to see the film. Everyone was busy talking to each other while they took their seats except for me and someone. Fortunately, she gets to sit near the aisle next to me.

"You've gone quiet," She whispered while taking her seat, hugging a new box of popcorn to her lap. I take a deep breath to relieve myself but it does very little. I needed something stronger, maybe a taste would've been exactly what I needed but of course, that will be refused to me.

"I was nice to you once, I'm not obligated to do it again, "

"No one is obligated to be nice to anyone. Most people are just decent if you must know, " she started with confidence that I raised my brow.

Well, well, look who's gaining confidence in talking to me. Should I shatter it? Not tonight.

I looked around for a moment, making sure no one was paying attention because everyone knows how that would go with a big group. Gossip, teasing all the bad stuff no one would want. However, seeing that Jocelyn is sat between Cade and Danica and Henry is on the other end, I was quite sure no one was paying attention— especially with the dimmed lights.

"Should I be offended that you don't consider me decent?"

"I rather you take it as a compliment since, from what I heard you say, you've heard it all." She shrugged, taking a handful of popcorn.

"What the hell am I supposed to make of that?"

"Take it as you will." She shrugged and I stared at her.

Her dark brown eyes staring back at me. I noticed the way her hair folded over her shoulder and into the hood behind. The way her lashes cast a shadow on her cheeks even just with the screen illuminating it. Her lips smiling back at me and the way her dimples indents or the beauty mark under her nose.

She's beautiful.

"Oh, movies starting. Be quiet." She hushed playfully and I chuckle. Looking at the screen with the realization in my stomach.

Beautiful? That's something old bags say to court who they want. I don't do that thing. But who am I kidding? Half of the things I've done in the past month were things I would never have done— not after meeting her.

She's got something, something I can't seem to put my hand on. Something that got me thinking of her or got me not wanting to be a dick to her like I am with everyone else. She makes being terrible feel...terrible. I don't know what it is about her that makes me want to treat her differently. Maybe because she isn't like the other bitches I meet or she is just that interesting.

That time at the library was enough. This is too much. She's making me weak, and that's never the goal.

My realization suddenly makes sense so I shift in my seat and clenched my jaw. I can feel the anger in me rising from my get to my throat. Son of a bitch. This is all her fault.

Without further thought, I got up from my seat but this time, I feel a hand grip my wrist— to my own dismay.

"Where are you going?" She squeaked and I looked down to her, shaking out any thoughts I previously had before saying,

"None of your damn business." My shied growl might've scared her as I watched her let go with wide eyes. The urge to sympathize came back but I fight it. This was a mistake. She is a mistake.

I watched while he walked away like a different man than what I had met coming in. He looked angry, frustrated, and disappointed. It hasn't been long into the movie so the idea that it upset him that much is out of the question. His eyes were fiery and his presence became volatile. The way he dropped my hand sealed the deal.

I thought we were finally making progress. With him being playful around me and him being nice, caring, and appreciative. I really thought he turned over a new leaf but it was quick to burn.

Feeling saddened, I slump down on my seat, suddenly feeling the regret of going here.

Regret because, to be honest, I only came because I thought I might see him and he's gonna be the same person I saw in that library. I thought that I'd see those same soft eyes live in their forest, and forget life just for a little. It was good while it lasted.

Well, who am I kidding? He's Matteo. Nothing is ever certain about him and nothing ever will. I just didn't know it but I was playing Russian roulette when I assumed he would stay in the way. Perhaps it was that romantic moment we had that drew me to him. My vulnerability in little romantic experience. Maybe that's what drew me to him; because I thought he could be the Romeo.

I wipe tears I hadn't known were falling and I've realized that the film did not make any sense to me anymore. Not when I stopped watching the moment he walked away. All there is to see were explosions and people reacting to it as if they've never seen anything like that before.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone out today.

After the film, everyone was already tired. Cade never stopped complaining about how sleepy he was and Danica was half-drunk for sneaking in booze—thank god she's staying over at the frat house. No one asked where Matteo was so I guess they were that tired it just didn't car.

We all say our goodbyes and promised to hang out again, somewhere else of course and I just nodded. Jocelyn expressed how she felt about the little improvements we had and I laughed, knowing that she was right.

And Henry? Let's just say he has some good intuition.

"Wanna talk about it?" He said as we got into my car, him driving again.

"Heard that one before, " I chuckled but it only made the lump in my throat grow bigger.

"I'm serious this time, " the tone of his voice indeed changed, serious and concerned is what it sounded like and here, I feel more vulnerable.

"Evie, I want to help but I can't when—"

"Look, Henry, I appreciate the help. I really do and I wish I could show you that but I'm really just having a tough time here. I already lied to my parents once and if I try it again next week then they'll see that something's wrong and they'll come for me," I cried, pathetic.

"They really messed you up." He sighed and I heard the anger through it. My parents seemed to have that effect on people I talk to them about.

"They just have standards and I—"

"They're choking you!" He finally snapped and I turned to him with my eyes wide, and my heart on a halt. I've never seen him this fed up before and it scares me that he's the one driving like this.

"Sorry, sorry for snapping but Eve, I'm done listening to you defend those monsters. They treat you like garbage but you are the treasure. Pardon my cheesiness but I'm serious. You can't keep turning a blind eye." He explained as we reached my building and surprise, surprise, I'm on the verge of tears.

He's right, again. Everyone who tries to help me seems to know my life more than I do but I guess that's just because I've been way too forgiving. I've been way too blind and in-denial. It hurts to know people understand me more than I do but that's what happens when you've been treated like an AI your whole life.

I didn't choose to be like this. I couldn't choose to live in a small house off in the suburbs. Watch dandelions flying across a spring field while breakfast cooks and my mother singing songs to appease the animals. I couldn't wish for roses in the morning, a mother whose goal is to love and support or a father whose dream is to see her daughter up in a stage with a diploma. I couldn't wish for it even if I tried to. Stuck and trapped is what I'm meant to be and I've accepted that for so long.

Then, when I thought one boy could be the voice in my head that tells me I could get out and make my dreams instead of wishing for it—he walks away too. I don't even know where to be anymore. It's like I'm living just to please, not to feel alive. All of this pain should be someone else; not mine.

"Hey, " Henry pulls me when we reached my door and I look into his brown eyes. I saw regret in them but he didn't need those. I understood what he meant.

"I might not know you long enough but I stuck around with you when you were crying yourself to sleep, " he laughed and I chuckled in tears, "maybe that's enough proof that you mean something to me now and I care for you. I hate seeing you cry."

He lifts my chin to look up to him, getting closer. So close I can smell the peppermint in his breath. My heart races as his eyes flicked to my lips but I'm frozen.

"I...uh..." I shuttered but stopped when I got hypnotized by his smile. Not this again. Not with Henry.

He let's go and plants a kiss on my forehead, defying all of my dark expectations and I breathed out.

"I would've done it, but the timing would've been inappropriate. I'd feel like I'm taking advantage of your vulnerability." He whispered, swiping my hair to the back of my ear before winking and walking back.

"Hey, Fitzgerald—"

"You know I hate that, " he groaned and turned back to face me when he reached the stairs.

"Thanks...for being there." I croaked and watched as his smile grew. Then he bows.

"No worries princess."

With that, he disappears leaving me a little bit less guilty than I had begun with. At least someone in my life isn't set and stone to ruin my life. Henry would never try to hurt or confuse me as one person did. Sure he was just that close to kissing me but at least he understood timing and didn't continue. Only a gentleman could do it.

Then, as I stood there, the realization hits me like a train in Japan.

Did he just confess his feelings for me? No, no way. It's too early. Well, I guess Mr. Collins and Elizabeth did only dance twice and he asked for her hand in marriage but—

That's not the point.

Henry basically said he liked me. You have got to absolutely be joking right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
136K 3.3K 42
"Well if you want to be my friend go buy me pizza and sprite!" "But what if i don't want to your friend? and I want to be someone else?" Alexa Colt...
3.2K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
4.9M 109K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...