Warriorcats #1: Vengeance

By ForeverWarrior_

*Completed Book* *Minor Editing/Revision* *Includes an Epilogue to Tie Everything In* New clans, fresh b... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

11 0 0
By ForeverWarrior_

     Cloudstar released a massive yawn as he finally settled down at the corner of the clearing. His vision swept across the barren area with ease. His bright blue gaze fluttered from cat to cat as he took a small bite from his mouse. It was drier than the nice fat ones at home, but at the moment he was too hungry to care. Nearby, Birchfeather and SkyOtter were sharing a plump rabbit. Their gazes locked with a pleased purr, their tails abesnt-mindedly twined. Tallpaw was speaking with Duskgaze and Skypaw, who were licking their chops as they whisked down their last remnants of food.

        The sun was finally settling under the tree tops, ribbons of pink and light purple streaked across the sky. Cloudstar's tail flicked impatiently nearby as he struggled to find something to do. They were wasting precious daylight; and, more importantly, time to find those 'air sweepers'. Shaking his stiff pelt, Cloudstar finally stood to all four paws. His blue gaze rested upon Tallpaw as the young apprentice turned to face him. He was getting so much bigger than when he'd first joined the clan. Cloudstar could hardly recall his own warrior ceremony, yet Tallpaw's arrival was encrypted in his mind.

        "The sun is retiring below ground." Duskgaze meowed, glancing at his leader promptly. Cloudstar nodded. "We should all seek shelter in the abandoned fox den." He gazed around at his clanmates for approval. Skypaw and Duskgaze both looked very unsettled. "Don't you believe it would be better to stay in a place where Starclan cats don't sleep?" Duskgaze's voice was almost inaudible as he choked the words out. His whole expression was hard to read, but Cloudstar knew it all too well. "Starclan watches over us, Duskgaze. We should have no fear of resting with them."

        Tallpaw flexed his claws into the ground, fur bristling along his neck. Why are Duskgaze and Skypaw so skeptical about this old den? His thoughts were interrupted by SkyOtter's calm voice. "Perhaps Gorsestar wouldn't like us seeking shelter in his own." She meowed, her tail brushing against the red dirt absent-mindedly. Cloudstar let out a small growl. If his cats didn't trust Starclan to help them in small times like these, Ashclan was surely lost. "You all are scared of Starclan?" His vocie was controlled, but his gaze was cold and unwavering. Birchfeather flinched, backing up a few pawsteps. "We're not afraid of Starclan, Cloudstar." Skypaw meowed, brushing against the twitching Duskgaze. "We're afraid of what Starclan will do. Afterall, it's a moonstone. Only medicine cats are allowed there, unless you're becoming a leader or something..." She trailed off as Cloudstar turned away. "We have no proof it's a moonstone, and no reason to hide from it either. It's a worthy place for shelter."

        SkyOtter hesitantly signaled to the cats to obey. This was no time to disrespect their leader, or make him feel as if they were abandoning his laws. Birchfeather let out a small growl, annoyance flourishing through his gaze. "Cloudstar should know that we're concerned. He's forcing us to leave, not even willing to listen and help us understand." His voice was cut to a steely edge as he shot a glare at his leader. SkyOtter cuffed his ear. "Stop that!" She hissed, gazing at the other cats who had gathered around them. "Cloudstar is our leader. It's not easy making the decisions, and sometimes he's going to make mistakes." Tallpaw shifted uneasily on his paws.

        Hesitantly, all of the cats followed their leader through the rocky terrain. By now, the sun had finally dove below the horizon. A dark glow was set upon the cats darkly, settling the mood to a slightly uncertain level. Skypaw stumbled over a rock, yelping with pain. Tallpaw whipped around, alarm flecking his gaze. "Skypaw!" SkyOtter leapt over to where the apprentice was standing, blood oozing from a small cut in her pad. The small she-cat winced as she tried to placed the cut against the ground, letting out a small yip. Cloudstar padded over and sniffed the cut, growling with irritation. "This isn't good." He meowed, gazing at the dark sky above. Clouds were obscurring the stars, setting the cats in an even worse mood. "Starclan isn't able to watch us tonight, and EchoDust didn't equip us with many herbs." He glanced at SkyOtter questioningly. The she-cat shrugged. "Tallpaw, you were in his den for a day or two." She meowed, her gaze fluttering towards the tom hopefully. "Why don't you help Skypaw when we get to the den. If Echodust gave us some cobwebs, we should be able to help her paw for tonight, and find some herbs tomorrow." Cloudstar grunted, dipping his head submissively towards his deputy. "I should just retire already." His voice was playful, but hints of uncertainty shone in his bright blue gaze. Tallpaw's pads prickled as his supported Skypaw, letting her lean against him. She was surprisingly light, and her pace matched his almost evenly.

        After a few minutes of walking, her  breathing became harder. Tallpaw signaled towards SkyOtter to stop, who had been glancing back every now and then to check on them. Hesitantly, the she-cat slowed down. Cloudstar took the hint and paused a few paw steps from Tallpaw's previously made path from earlier. His pelt looked ghostly white in the moonlight, accenting his icy blue gaze. Skypaw's flanks heaved as the she-cat sat down, her jaw set in a determined fashion. Tallpaw glanced up at the moon, which was peeking out from a small hole in the dark clouds. It seemed to be staring at him with an ominous aura of curiosity, the kind that Tallpaw felt should never be respected. He glanced at Skypaw, who was regaining her strength. "You're doing great." Birchfeather padded up beside the feline, resting his stail on her shoulder reassuringly. Skypaw didn't reply, her expression comepletely unreadable. SkyOtter flicked her tail towards the path. "We should get going." Her voice was grim, sympathy edging her gaze.

        When the group of cats finally stumbled into the fox den, they were too tired to feel unsettled. Even Duskgaze was eager to welcome the shelter. Tallpaw helped Skypaw over to the corner of the den, where a small pool of aqua-blue water was awaiting their arrival. Tallpaw, grunting as Skypaw stumbled into his flank. She looked so tired. Tallpaw felt slightly concerned for the she-cat. This wasn't the normal Skypaw. "Here, get some water." He meowed, crouching beside the pool of water as the she-cat hesitantly did the same. She winced as her paw skimmed the ground, suppressing a small yelp. Tallpaw lapped up some of the cool liquid, sighing as it ran down his parched throat. Instantly, everything flashed before him. When he arrived at Ashclan, when he fell from a tree, when he first met Skypaw... His life was replaying before him, faster than light itself. He gasped as he struggled to process what was happening, when darkness suddenly obscurred his vision.

         Tap!Tap!Tap! A faint drop of water kept hitting him right between the ears, but he couldn't move. It was like his paws were glued to the floor, which was hard and cold. For a moment, everything was calm. His heartbeat began to settle. The stiffness in his legs retreated, and he finally took a pace forwards. A flash of sunlight hit his retinas, immediately causing him to stumble backwards. He gasped as the air was knocked from his lungs. Blackness, once more.

        When Tallpaw woke up, he was in a small clearing. Lush green trees surrounded him, creating a very familiar replay of his past. Windclan territory... He tensed his muscles as a tall tom appeared. "Tallpaw, descendant of Tall Shadow, founder of Shadowclan..." He meowed, dipping his head respectfully. Tallpaw took a step back, but there was no where he could go. "Who are you?" He asked, hesitantly relaxing his muscles. The tom grinned, warmth filling his gaze. "I am Gray Wing." He sounded as if that explained everything, but Tallpaw didn't press him. All he wanted to do was get out of here. "W-Where am I?" He asked. The tom cocked his ears slightly, as if surprised. "You're in my territory, young one." He meowed. "Welcome to the original Windclan plains." He flicked his tail towards a family of rabbits nibbling peacefully on some berries. Tallpaw's  whiskers twitched as he hesitantly glanced around him. Everything looked so peaceful, and there wasn't even a hint of red dirt. His flexed his claws into the soft grass beneath his pads, surprised at the flourishing undergrowth. This was nothing like the territory he was in a moment ago.

        Gray Wing cocked his ears with satisfaction as he noticed the youth's confusion. "Tall Shadow loved the softness of marsh." He commented as the tom flexed his claws into the grass. "I believe you share the same traits." He opened his mouth in a massive yawn, arching his back as he stretched his muscles out. His fur was smooth and glossy, very neat for an old tom. Tallpaw found himself slightly jealous of the gray feline. He had a beautiful territory along with the pleasure of having created the four clans. "Is this... Starclan?" Tallpaw found himself too curious to put aside the question, no matter how dumb it may have sounded. Gray Wing raised his head, diligently washing one of his paws. "Well, I guess that what you might have called this place... But, no, not really." He swept his gaze around the clearing wistfully. "This is only a part of my memories. I live in Starclan, but Firestar insisted that I don't show you the afterworld until you've carried the weight Starclan has prepared for you." He said the words with contempt, a scowl spread across his face. "In other words, you're merely living in something that is no longer there. Soon, I'll have to let you return to your rightful world." Tallpaw's eyes widened.

        "So, why did you call me here then?" He asked, hardly able to control his words. Gray Wing shrugged. "Honestly, I'm not completely intitled to say." He admitted the words resentfully, but didn't show any signs of saying the true reason. "I guess all I can tell you is that Skypaw will be the only one able to help you in the last decision. For Ashclan's sake, don't let a cut in the pad do her wrong."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 348 32
[Book 1/6] • [Completed] • [OLD/DISCONTINUED] [ The number of ✔️'s determine how many major edits a chapter has received ]...
3.6K 315 24
**I have no clue why you've chosen to read this fanfic and I suggest turning back now while you still can, but if you really wish to read this gramma...
108K 8.7K 38
"It is forbidden for a reason, young one. Love makes you weak, a fraction of yourself. It keeps you from being the best you can be and that is why we...
807 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...