They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|46|

9.2K 204 84
By superstar-striker

I let out a big sigh as the whistle blows signalling the end of the match and the end of the victory tour. We were a few formalities away from finally finishing the tiring victory tour and getting to relax. I grab a water bottle and high five a few people before we start out in our victory lap.

I smile and wave to fans in the stands as we walk around the field. I threw my hands up just basking in it for a minute before I'm grabbed by the shoulders and forcibly turned around. I scrunch my face thinking it's one of the jokesters messing with me.

But I realise I'm wrong when I feel a pair of lips smash into mine

I instantly tense but before I could even do anything they're gone as quick as they came. I see a random girl being dragged away by security who looks at me while struggling with the two security guards, "I love you!" My breathing gets heavy as it sets in what just happened as I my hand immediately goes to the chain around my neck clutching the ring at the end while the other starts to wipe at my lips.

Some random girl just kissed me

It wasn't Jessie

Did I just cheat on Jessie?

What is Jessie going to think?

Is she going to be mad at me?

Is she going to leave me?

God she's going to leave me

I screw my eyes shut as I start to feel light headed and everything starts to spin. I start to wobble but someone catches me and holds me into them, "Hey hey your okay just breathe. Just breathe. Your okay she's gone now".

But that doesn't help me as my breathing is still erratic and my head is pounding all I can hear is the loud thumping of my heart as I squeeze my hands over my ears but nothing helps. "Ellie you need to breathe for me" another voice says very softly to me but I shake my head but quickly stop as it hurts, "I...I can't. I c-can't". "We need to get her out of here now. Move!" A voice says as I get picked up into someone's arms. I bury my head into the persons chest all while still clutching onto the ring in an iron clad grip.

I can briefly hear the sound of camera shutters and loud voices shouting over one another before it quickly fades away again. I can feel the person sit down while cradling me in the arms gently shushing in my ear, "Your okay now Ellie nothing is going to happen to you". "Just breathe Tiny". One of them move my hand to their chest and I can feel the beats of their heart underneath my finger tips while the other moves my ear right over their heart as well but it doesn't help as I start to bang my head against their chest mumbling over and over, "No no no".

She holds my head to my chest restricting my movements, "Everything is going to be alright Elliot". I shake my head as best as I could in their hold, "No. Jessie. Kiss. She'll hate me". "It's going to be fine. Jessie won't be mad".

I lash out whipping my arms out at whoever is around me, "No!" Black spots start to appear in my vision as I still can't get my breathing under control. "Why isn't this working? This usually calms her down?" A voice asks very anxious. "I don't know!" A voice shouts back frantic. Just as I feel my head lull to the side I hear a extremely familiar voice shout, "Elliot!"

I'm passed to someone else as they start to whisper to me in a soothing voice holding my forehead to theirs, "Cmon Lee I need you focus on my breathing". My eyes flutter open slight seeing the gorgeous brown eyes I fell in love with. "Freckles?" I ask weakly but she quickly answers, "Yeah I'm here Lee. Everything is okay". "Your not mad?" I whimper. "No I'm not mad Lee. Everything is okay but I need you to breathe for me".

I curl into her hiding my face into her neck. My hand has her shirt in a death grip over her heart. She cradles me in her arms as she starts rocking us back and forth humming to me gently. Between the slow rocking, the rhythmic beats of her heart and the gentle humming I slowly get my breathing under control feeling extremely tired as I slump in her arms. "Jess?" I whisper out but she just hums showing me she's listening, "I love you". I can feel her kiss my head as I start to slip away, "I love you too Lee. Forever and Always". I smile before I start to slip away into unconsciousness

"Forever and Always Jessie"

.............

I groan as I wake up with a pounding headache, "Fuck my head". I try to sit up but I'm immediately stopped as someone puts their hands on my shoulders, "Hey no you need to lie down Lee". I blink my eyes open to see Jess above me, "Freckles?" She smiles brushing some hair out of my face, "Yeah it's me Lee". "Where are we?" I ask as the headache starts to subside.

She sits on the bed beside me looking at me carefully, "Do you remember what happened?" I rub my forehead trying to think, "We were at the last match for the Victory Tour. And then we started to walk the field..."

My eyes widen as I remember what happened looking at my girlfriend in alarm, "God Jess! I-I didn't I mean I never wanted she just!" But Jessie is quick to pull me into a hug shushing me gently, "It's okay. It's okay I know it isn't your fault. She didn't give you much choice when she just ran at you". My hands slip to her shirt as I grip onto it while hiding my face in her neck, "So your not mad? Your not going to leave me?"

She hands go to my cheeks pulling me back just enough so she can look directly into my eyes, "Lee I promise I'm not mad. I know you didn't kiss her willingly. And I love you too much to even think about leaving you. It's you and me forever and always". I lean my forehead against hers as I sniffle, "Your my forever and always Jess". She smiles and gives me a quick kiss, "Good cause I'm not going anywhere".

She lifts the blanket moving in beside me allowing me to cuddle into her side, "Where's the team?" She absentmindedly starts to comb her fingers through my hair while her other hand is occupied as I start to play with her fingers, "They just went to get some food but they were here the entire time waiting for you to wake up but I said I would look after you". I furrow my eyebrows as I look up at her, "How long have I been out?" She pauses for a second before answering, "A few hours. You had a pretty bad attack that left you drained afterwards".

I groan dropping my head, "Stupid attacks". Jessie nudges me gently, "Hey it's okay. You've been really good lately. You haven't had an attack in a while. And it's understandable how freaked you were, that fan just came at you suddenly". I sigh leaning into her, "I know they're just really annoying". She just kisses the crown of my head, "But you've gotten better at handling them and preventing them. Like I said this is the first you've have in a long time".

We fall into a small comfortable silence before Jess speaks up, "I don't think I've ever seen an attack this bad. Even Christen and Tobin couldn't calm you down". I start to play with her t-shirt, "I couldn't think straight. I was just worried about what you would have thought. I think I just needed you in that moment". She ducks down and gives me a quick kiss, "Well your okay now and that's all that matters".

I lift my head from her and look up at her, "Thank you". She gives me a small smile, "Anything for you Lee". I lean in as we kiss. It was slow passionate loving. I could feel myself instantly relax as I just melted into her just happy to be in her arms now. "I love you Jessie Fleming" I whisper quietly. She smiles and kisses my nose, "I love you too Elliot Griffin".

I lie down on top of her with my ear right above her heart while Jess just flicks through some channels before settling on some random one as neither of us are really watching. We just lay there with each other in content before the door opens and the team floods in.

Mal and Rose being the first ones to walk see me awake and rush over to me, "Oh my god Ellie! Your awake!" That gets the rest of the team's attention as everyone crowds in to see me. Christen and Tobin push their way through to get to the other side of me. Christen smiles at me putting her hand on my head, "How you doing sweetie?" I smile up at the forward, "I'm okay now. Thanks". Tobin looks at me from beside her, "You gave us a big scare Tiny". I frown slightly, "I know I'm sorry". Kelley shakes her head from the end of the bed, "It's not your fault Koala. She never should have come at you like that".

I nod but my frown deepens when I look back at Tobin and see a small bruise forming at her jaw. I lift my hand up to her jaw carefully tracing it with my thumb, "I'm sorry". Tobin just takes my hand in hers and gives me a small smile, "It's okay Ellie you didn't mean it". "But I hurt you" I whisper but it comes out as a small whimper. Tobin gives me her toothy smile, "It's okay Ellie. You didn't know what you were doing. And it doesn't even hurt. I'm just glad Jessie was able to calm you down".

I nod before I look around the room for the one person who won't give me a bullshit answer, "What's the damage?" Ali gives me a small smile, "You don't have to worry about that right now Ellie". But I just keep staring at the the blue eyed forward. Alex sighs, "Media has been having a field day with the kiss. Some got your attack on camera as we got you off the field. Fans have been going wild with crazy theories". I bite my lip as I look at her.

She was definitely hiding something

"What else?" I ask. Alex sighs running a hand through her hair, "Some people got a photo of you clutching your ring". I close my eyes leaning back letting out a frustrated sigh, "Brilliant". Jessie wrap her arm around my shoulders kissing my temple. "Hey it's okay. They don't know your dating Jessie. Most of them are theories about you and Mal". Mal playfully winks at me while Jessie mumbles beside me, "Brilliant". I can't help but giggle and kiss her cheek making her smile reappear.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Rose asks which makes everyone look at me. I lace my fingers with Jessie's making her look at me, "I don't know......but everything will be okay". I look back at the team with a smile.

"I have you guys".

..............

"Are you sure you want to do this? Say the word and we can get you out of here and someone else can take your place" Alex reassures me. Funnily enough Alex and I were down for media today. I was also suppose to do it yesterday after the match but thankfully they were able to get me out of it on the ground of my health after my panic attack.

I give Alex a small smile, "It's okay. I'll be fine. I was going to have to address it anyways. This just saves me having to post about it on my social medias". Alex looks conflicted but sighs, "The minute you feel uncomfortable we're gone". I nod hugging her quickly, "Thanks Al". She hugs me back, "Anything for you kid".

We both get mic'ed up by the stage crew and we get settled into our seats while we wait. I was taking a sip of water as the interviewer sits down and he smiles at the two of us, "Hello ladies". I just smile as Alex speaks to him for a bit. But I can't help but shift in my seat as he keeps glancing at me. He shuffles through a few notes because smiling at us, "Okay ready to start?" Alex looks at me and I nod at her before she smiles, "Sure".

The interview starts off as usual with him asking about the World Cup and the victory tour which Alex mostly handled. But then he started directing questions at me and complimenting me a lot. "Well Elliot you had the tournament of your life so far. Without a doubt one of the best players in the tournament. You were just absolutely fantastic". I give him a small smile, "Thank you". "You no doubt carry this team being a major part of their success". I scrunch my face slightly taking a quick peek at Alex who had her media face on showing no reaction although I could tell the statement didn't didn't sit well with her. "As much as I would like to believe that, I feel that we all contribute to the team. There is tough competition for the starting 11 and I'm no exception to the rule. I think the team would be just fine without me" I answer.

"Oh come on. Your game statistics are off the charts one of the best on the team. And your definitely the most good looking" the interviewer says. I cringe slightly as he looks me up and down licking his lips. I look at Alex who immediately picks up what I'm asking, "Can we move on?" He glances at Alex before looking back at me, "Alright".

He sets his eyes back on me, "On the last game of the victory tour you had a very....strange encounter with a fan". I blush as a picture of the kiss appears on the monitor, "Uh yeah". "So just to clarify, you don't know this fan?" He asks and I shake my head, "No". The picture on the monitor changes to one with Tobin carrying me but you could see me holding the chain in my hand, "Now as you were leaving the field some could see you holding something on a chain are we allowed know what it is?"

I think for a second before pulling the chain out from under my shirt and show it. "Oh so it's a ring?" He ask and I just nod, "Is it like a family ring or was it your parents?" I shake my head and start playing with the ring, "No it's actually a promise ring". He seems shocked but quickly recovers, "So your actually dating someone at the moment?" I know it shouldn't bother me so much but the way he says "at the moment" as if something is going to change that soon but nod again, "Yes I am". "Well he must be one lucky guy. Is he an athlete?" I share a look with Alex and we're both thinking the same thing.

This guy is both a douche and completely clueless

"Yes they're an athlete. An amazing one at that" I say carefully. "So does that mean you would give up your career to raise children?" He asks. At this point it's the breaking point for me. I scoff, "Because that's all you think women are for? To stay at home and watch the children? Maybe go and make a sandwich for you while they're at it?" He tries to recover but the damage is done, "No no I didn't mean it like that".

I narrow my eyes at him, "What did you mean it like so? That women couldn't have a career while also looking after her family. That women should be the ones to give up on their dreams to look after the family? Get your head out of your ass and realise the world you live in. Women can both have a family while also working or following their dreams". Alex stands up motioning me up as well, "Okay this interview is over".

The minute the words leave her mouth I'm pulling the mic off of me leaving a spluttering interviewer and a stumbling news cast behind me. I get into the car and huff while Alex gets in behind me. She just sits there for a bit just letting me calm down a bit before saying anything. I let out a sigh and rub my temples, "I'm sorry it's just he was majorly pissing me off. With all those questions and then pretty much eye fucking me in front of everyone I just couldn't stop myself". Alex nods slowly, "Okay but if something like that ever happens again. I want you to get up and leave immediately okay?" I nod, "Yes".

She starts texting on her phone before she starts driving us away. I just lean my head against the window trying to forgot about the horrible interview. I look up when I feel the car stop but look at Alex confused when I see we aren't at the hotel, "What are we doing here?" She just smiles at me, "Cmon". She gets out of the car and I sigh and follow her.

She leads me inside and I smile as I see who's there, "What are you doing here?" She just shrugs at me, "Alex told me you had a pretty crappy interview and thought it would be better to do one with me instead because I'm awesome". I smile and hug her, "Thanks Katie". She hugs me, "Anything for my favourite kiddo!" I pull back and grin at her, "I'm so telling Kelley!"

She rolls her eyes, "Cmon rugrat let's get you set up". We quickly get set up and we get started. I always love doing interviews with Katie because it just feels like a conversation instead of an interrogation. She had a teasing smile on her face, "So I've had some crazy fans but I've never had one run in during the middle of my show and kiss me. That's a new one". I let out a small smile while I scoff as she turns to Alex, "What about you miss Morgan?" She just shakes her head with a small smile, "Never happened to me". I shake my head at their antics as I take a sip of water.

"Was she a good kisser?"

I choke on the water and start to cough and splutter while the other two laugh at me. "Well seeing as she's not my girlfriend I would have to say no..." I say which makes Katie turn on me with her with dropped making me laugh, "No way! Since when have you had a girlfriend?" I shrug with a smirk. She turns on Alex, "Did you know about this?" Alex holds up her hands in surrender, "I only found out recently". I shrug, "I only told the team recently during the victory tour". Katie shakes her hands, "Wait wait wait". She points me, "You told Kelley Anne before me? I just grin while Katie playfully scoffs, "Unbelievable. I'm your mother!"

"Okay whatever. Tell me about her, is she an athlete?" I smile and nod my hand going up to the chain on my neck, "Yes she's an athlete. She's amazing and sweet and funny and is the most perfect being in the world". Katie awes, "Awwww your like a love sick puppy!" I roll my eyes but nothing can stop the blush spreading across my face, "Shut up". Katie looks at me seriously now, "Does she make you happy?" I smile and nod

"Extremely happy. I love her"

............

"Freckles?" I call out as I step into my hotel room. "Yeah?" She calls out. I peek my head around the corner to see her lying on her stomach on her phone. I smile as I lower myself into her back wrapping my arms around her waist while kissing her neck, "Hi". She giggles and turns off her phone, "Hey I saw your interview". I cock my head at her, "Which one?" She flips around so she's not facing me, "Both of them but I liked the second one better".

"Same" I laugh before leaning down and giving her a kiss which she happily returns. When I pull back I smile at the freckled face below me, "Want to go get dinner?" She nods, "Yes but I had to ask you something first". I look down at her showing her I'm listening but she just smirks at me, "Was she really a good kisser?" I can't help but laugh as I lean down and kiss the top of her nose.

"Not as good as you my love"

Heyy guys!!! One week down and I'm already wrecked. I have to wear my mask all day inside school and it keep fogging up my glasses and it's seriously bothering me. They also have all our desks separated and now I can't talk to any of my friends because they aren't sitting near me. So it feels like ten times longer than it should be.  And on top of that I have a semi final Sunday and a shit tonne of homework. Yay.......Anyways I hope you enjoyed. Feel free to comment what you think will happen in future chapter or anything you would like to see. Until next time, bye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

963K 28.8K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
Saved By Alex

Fanfiction

378K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
191K 3.2K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
205K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...