Severus and The Lone Wolf Blo...

By SapphireRiddleSnape

She has a secret that her kind have been hinding for thousands of years from the muggle world and the magic w... More

Classes get Heated and Minerva knows
Smooth Sailing Before the Storm
Halloween is a Pain in My Ass
My Chance To Escape
Severus Learns a Valuable Lesson and The Ministry Grow Suspicious
Who Is The Real Monster...
All Secrets Come To Light
Something Isn't Right
Inoccents Can Be Wicked Sometimes
Watchful Eyes
Unexpected Birthday Suprise
The Triwizard Tornament
The First Task
Yule ball and Mysterious Gifts
The Second Task
The Final Task
The Unexpected Prize
Traitor, Sorrow, and Am I Engaged To Voldemort?!

My First Year at Hogwarts... I'm a Little Late

967 18 6
By SapphireRiddleSnape

I was in an empty compartment on the train to Hogwarts, staring out the window, feeling jumpy as hell due to the full moon soon. But lets rewind back to how I got here.

I ran through the forest of Dean, the wind blowing through my red and burgundy fur and the dirt and grass beneath my paws. I ran to the top of the cliff and howled as loud as I could. I was thirteen and free. I was abandoned at an orphanage when I was a baby but I was mistreated and eventually grew tired of the verbal and physical abuse so I ran away only a year ago. I shifted for the first time last month and have been living in this forest as a wolf ever since. I looked up at the sky and sat down. I howled and looked over the valley. A smell hit my nose that sent me into a frenzy. Meat.

I ran down the a path and ran as fast as I could after the scent. I ran past the trees and through puddles. I slowed when I saw them. Two people were walking along the path. I quickly hid behind a bush as they passed by. One was very old looking and wore funny looking shimmering clothes. His beard was tied with a string and a bell. He was carrying a paper bag and it was leaking a red substance but after a sniff I realized he had meat in that bag. The other was an old women, wearing funny emerald clothes like the man but she was less confident looking then him. "Albus, I must implore you to accompany me back to the castle. You heard the howl to!" She whispered frantically. I followed them while remaining perfectly hidden. "Thank you Minerva, you may leave me now." He said passively. The women when to argue but quickly shut her mouth when the man gave her a sharp look. With a pop she disappeared. I mean she was there one minute and gone the next. I started to breath heavily, feeling extremely scared now. The man stopped walking and turned around. He looked over his half moon glasses toward my hiding spot. "You can come out now." The man known as Albus said gently. I growled and backed up slowly. "You're hungry, are you not?" He said holding the bag out. My belly rumbled. "Ahh I see, I'm right." He said with a slight chuckle. I slowly and cautiously came out of my hiding spot. "There you are." He said gently. I growled lowly as my tail was tucked between my legs. He set the bag down on its side as he backed up and sat on an old stump. I slowly advanced on the bag and took a sniff. "I promise it's just beef." He said as he watched me. I watched him as I moved closer to the bag. I bared my teeth at him in a warning if he tried to try something funny. I put my head in the bag and quickly dragged the beef out with speed. I layed down and viciously ate the beef while still not letting my eyes off of him. Once finished, I quickly stood. "You're not an ordinary wolf are you? Its okay to show your human form." He said as he watched me. For some reason, I trusted this man. I walked closer and sniffed his clothes. He smelled like people, ink, parchment, and something else... chemicals and herbs? I backed away and almost shifted but remembered what happened last time I turned human for someone. I shook my head and snarled. "I swear I wont move from this spot unless you want me to." He promised as he held his hands in his lap. I backed away as I calmed down. I looked up at him as I shifted. My paws turned to hands, my tail and retracted till there was no sign of ever having one, my ears turned to human ears, and once I fully turned human, I shakily stood, naked and dirty. My long red hair covering my developing breasts. I looked at him with yellow wolf eyes but when I looked down to the ground and then back at him, my eyes were a light brownish green. He smiled. "You are very lovely, my dear. Now in my pocket I have a wand. I can do magic with it and I would like to summon some clothes for you." He said seriously. I was nervous but nodded.

Once I was dressed in the clothes he had conjured for me, he told me how I was special and needed to be protected. He also offered to take me to a place with a forest I could run in but it also had a giant castle for me to sleep. I reluctantly nodded and he offered me his arm. I nervously grabbed his arm and there was a pull from behind my navel as I felt like I was being sucked threw a tiny straw. I landed and heaved my guts. "You did better at your first time apperating then most." Albus said with a slight chuckle. He walked toward a giant castle but suddenly stopped. He turned to me with a serious expression. "You haven't said a word, which has me worried that you have forgotten how to speak." Albus said. "I-I can speak." I said. Albus lit up. "Good. Now I have a couple of questions before we go in." He said. I nodded. "Do you wish for me to not tell anyone about you being a wolf blood?" He asked. I felt suddenly very panicked. "Please do not tell anyone!" I pleaded. He promised not to. "Now how old are you and I need a first and last name, my dear." He asked patiently. "I am 13 and my name is Jana Vilkas." I said, reluctant to give my identity. Albus nodded and beckoned me to follow.

I was in awe at the beauty of the castle. We sat in his office while he filled out paper work. I got up and looked around his office. The door opened and in came the Minerva women. She walked by, not noticing me. "Finally Albus, I was wondering whe-" She paused wrinkling her nose in displeasure. "What is that smell? It smells like wet dirt and sweat." She asked as she covered her nose. "That is is Miss Vilkas, Minerva." Albus said while pointedly looking at me. She turned to me and almost gasped. "You need a bath desperately, child." She said in exasperation. I took a whiff of the air and wrinkled my own nose. "You smell like a mangy cat." I retorted. She gasped and looked enraged. "What house are you in and I will see to it that you will be punished by your head of house!" She said in anger. I growled causing her to look shocked. "DID YOU JUST GROWL AT ME?!" She shrieked. Albus chuckled at the irony of the situation. "Minerva I found Miss Vilkas in the forest of Dean, shortly after you had left." He said as he clasped his hands together. I gave a warning look, to which he ignored. "She had been living in the woods by herself for a year and is very rusty at socializing." He explained. I internally sighed in relief. Minerva's anger quickly melted in to compassion and understanding. "Oh, poor girl!" She said sincerely. "I must ask you to help her bathe in my private bathroom and help her get dressed." He asked. Minerva looked a bit conflicted. "I think that would be inappropriate for her to use your bathroom, Albus." Minerva said slowly. Albus waved it away and turned dead serious. "I do not wish for anyone to know she is here yet, Minerva. Therefor, she is to stay in my chambers until I can find her a secure place for her to stay." He said. Minerva nodded and walked toward me. I backed up and looked at Albus with uncertainty. He smiled and nodded gently. I followed the women to a door behind Albus's desk and into the room. It had a bed, a couple bookcases, a giant fireplace, and in front of it were two leather chairs.

After my bath, which Minerva got drenched by accident I might add, I was told to get into the bed. I sat on it until she left. I walked to the fireplace wearing pj's and got down on all fours. I turned in a circle four times before settling down in front of the fire and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke to someone calling my name gently. "Jana... Jana wake up." Came an ancient male voice. My eyes flew open as I got up on all fours growling. Once I saw it was just Albus, I quickly stopped growling and stood. "Sorry." I said. He waved it off and handed me a tray of food which I scarfed down quickly. "Now I will be tutoring you so you can catch up to the other 3rd years. Is that alright with you?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright then, lets begin." He said enthusiastically.

Albus tutored me all summer until I was finally caught up. I was pretty good at potions in my opinion. Minerva took me to a magic shopping market with thousands of shops. We got all the required items except for a wand and books from some guy named Gilderoy Lockheart. We walked into Flourish and Blotts and saw that a massive book signing was going on. I grabbed the required books while Minerva waited outside, something about how she couldn't stand 'air heads'. I walked up to the counter with the money she had given me. I was paying for them when I heard someone walking up behind me but what I had noticed first was the strong stench of hair gel and the nauseating smell of expensive clone. I had to force myself not to gag. "Well isn't it your lucky day?" Came an overly charismatic male voice. I took the bag from the guy at the registered and turned around. The guy that spoke only a few moments ago had dirty blond hair that was up in a fancy pony tail. He was wearing expensive clothes and well... over all he seemed like a pompous idiot. "Excuse me." I said as I tried to go around him but he blocked my path. I looked up and met his blue eyed gaze. "I'm sorry but you do know who I am, right?" He asked. "No, know I'm very busy so you must excuse me." I said trying to walk around him only to have him block my path again. "Gilderoy Lockheart, at your service, my lovely lady." He said as he went for my hand only to have me move it away from him. "That's nice and all but I have to be going." I said feeling a bit more annoyed. I moved left and then went right when he tried to block my path yet again. I walked out with his gaze on my back.

"What took you so long?" Asked Minerva. "Some pompous idiot that tried to make a move on me." I answered. I could have sworn I saw her scowl but shook it off as we arrived at a shop called Olivanders. I walked in by myself. An old guy stood at the counter with three rectangular boxes, as if he was waiting for me. "Finally, Miss Vilkas! Come try this one." He got to the point quickly as he opened the box to reveal a wolf headed handle with a black shaft and a silver tip. "Elm, dragon heartstring core, 18 inches." He said as he put it in her hand. It grew warm and gold sparks flew out of the end. I paid for it and left the shop.

(Present)

I sat in the compartment feeling very antsy and excited, not for school but for the moon. I grew restless as I got up and started pacing, I was already in my school uniform. I growled as I wished the train would hurry. Finally the train stopped. I didn't have a trunk so I just ran off the train. I shook slightly as the black veins popped up on my hands. I shoved them in my robe pockets as I tried to calm myself down. A hand grabbed my shoulder. I grabbed the persons hand and was about to break it when I turned and saw a huge man. I quickly let it go. The man didn't pay any mind to my edgy nature. "You must be Miss Vilkas. Professor Dumbledore told me 'ter tell ya to take a carriage up to the castle." He said and turned and walked away. I looked toward the Carriages and saw how slow they moved. I growled and ran toward the castle, which was much faster. I made it to the doors before the first carriage arrived.

I was made to stand outside the hall for a few minutes despite everyone being seated already. I was finally called in and I wasted no time. I walked up to the stool and sat. Many people whispered while looking toward me but I caught the gaze of a dark haired boy with round glasses and a lightning scare. He wouldn't stop staring at me. I finally looked away when a hat was put on my head. 'Interesting... My first Wolf Blood!... hmmmm brave, courageous yet sly and cunning with a short temper...interesting...' It spoke in my mind causing me to become impatient. 'Hurry up, hat or I will rip you to shreds.' I growled in my mind. I could almost sense it smirk. 'You obviously belong in one house.' He said. Then he spoke out loud. "Slytherin!" It shouted causing a table to jump up screaming with glee. I looked at Albus and he nodded. I took off the hat and ran past the tables and out the giant doors.

I made it deep into the forest when I felt the shift begin. I got to my knees as I shifted into a wolf. I looked up at the moon and howled as loud as I could. I ran threw the forest feeling more alive then I had ever.

I heard the leaves crunch before I saw who it was. I got up on all fours from the place I awoke and growled. I stopped when I saw it was Albus. I stood up and dusted the leaves off of me. "I guessed you would be here." He said. I looked around and saw we were at the edge of the forest. He flicked his wand and I was clean again. He handed me a bag of my supplies for the day. I slugged it over my shoulder as he handed me a piece of raw beef which I gobbled down. "Now if you run you will make your first class." I nodded, thanked him and ran for potions class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.3K 103
Professor Severus Snape, the foul tempered Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has lived a controlled and solitary life. Wh...
343K 9.7K 59
Jasmine Paine is just a regular girl, or so she thought. One day se gets this letter from a school she has never heard of that said she is a witch. S...
22.1K 688 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
12.5K 558 35
So far, the only connection the young witch has with Hogwarts are the good memories she has made there during her own school days. But what might hap...