The Two Kingdoms (Completed)

By the_insouciant_lass

•Completed• *Read only if you can accept the grey shade of life* The Kazi was called in, a few prayers were r... More

Before you begin
Haider Ali Khan
Princess Meera
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Cast.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
Authors Note
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
Authours Note
34.
35.
Authours Note
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
47.
Not an update
48.
49.
50.
51.
Epilogue 1.1
Epilogue 1.2
Authours Note
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
10 facts about The Two Kingdoms
Sequel
New Cover

46.

30.4K 1.8K 331
By the_insouciant_lass

Avantika had been unconscious for more than two month.
The happy day of her wedding had turned into a horror story, when a maid came rushing to Inayat begum.

She informed her about finding Avantika lying on the floor with head bust oozing blood.

Haider and Abhishek had quickly rushed to the harem with the ladies in tow.

A word had been sent to the medic who had been quickly brought it. He had helped in stopping the bleeding and applied medicine on her wound from preventing infections, but he said that was all the help he could give.

The first few days were tough, Abhishek stayed by her side every second of the day. As her fever subsided and her condition stabilised the Hakim had assured them that she would live and probably wake up soon.

•••

For Meera the past few months had been a roller coaster, from losing the will to live to finally start living again, Meera too in a way had moved on.

She no longer was restricted to her room, no longer did she cower in the fear of being judged or pitied on.
She had already faced the worst life could give her, she had nothing more to loose.

"Malika are you ready ?" Hania said entering Meera's bedroom.

"Almost." Meera said quickly running the kohl pencil along her water line. She placed the small bindi on her forehead and took a small pinch of vermillion and placed it deep into her hair partition.

"You look beautiful." Hania said.

"I look alright." Meera laughed draping her dupatta.
Meera had given upon the royal way of living, all those trunks of heavy jewellery and clothes now just lay in some corner of her chamber, she found comfort in plain cotton clothes.

"So ?" Hania said smiling widely.

"So what ?"

"So how are you doing today." She asked with a childish smile on her face.

"Stop asking me how I'm doing every two hours Hania." Meera said rolling her eyes. She made her way down towards the west wing.

"Is it really necessary to go there every morning."Hania grumbled as she followed Meera.

"Yes it is." Meera said pushing the door open to Avantika's room.
The maid who looked after Avantika sprang up from the small stool by the bed side and curtsied.

"You are a couple of minutes late today Malika." The maid said smiling her.

"Am I ?" Meera said looking at the girl who was barely fifteen.

"Yes. But just a couple of minutes." The girl said with a broad smile.

"Well apologies then. Did Avantika complain about my late arrival." Meera asked. "Did you Avantika." She said taking a seat on the stool and holding Avantika's hand in hers.

"Why don't you complain Avantika, why won't you ?" Meera sighed.
"Just wake up already. We all miss you little one. They say Abhishek Bhaisa has aged years in the last two months and your friends keep asking about you too, how long are you going to sleep my darling ?" Meera said placing a kiss on the back of her hand.

She spent some time talking to the unresponsive Avantika and to the little maid too before taking her leave.

"Why do you go to her ? She said such vile things about you and you still wake up and visit her the first thing in the morning." Hania complained.

"She's just a child Hania. And I don't blame her, I don't blame anyone." She said, except Haider, he was the only person she blamed for her misery.

"Well I don't understand you." Hania said rolling her eyes making Meera laugh.

Meera had gained her lost weight again and a healthy and beautiful glow adorned her face. She looked prettier in the simple clothes than most women did wearing heavy gold string embroidered dresses.

"Slow down Malika e Hindustan, don't run." Hania said walking faster trying to keep up the pace.

"I'm not running, you are becoming unfit Hania." Meera said sticking her tongue out at Hania.

They made their way to the Royal garden to take a walk, it had become a part of their routine.

It was almost spring now, all the flowers were in their full bloom, the garden smelled divine.

"I wish I could capture this scent in a jar." Hania said dreamily.

"Me too."

"Oh by the way, the girls who assemble in the Mazar were asking for a leave this Tuesday, they said the spring fair is going to take place and all of them really want to go."

"That's all right." Meera said. Meera had began teaching and educating young girls. Since the power of the harem had shifted to Zulekha now she had stopped Meera for educating the women of the harem, so Meera now taught under the shelter of the mazar.

She would visit them thrice a week and the rest of the four days she had busied herself with taking care of the Shiv temple.

As the word spread about the queen's  schedule and availability she often found women approaching her of both religions, most of them a victim of domestic violence or abuse visiting her in the temple.

Meera had found a purpose in life, helping little girls educate and making them able enough that no one could abuse them and helping all these grieving women. 

"You know Zainab Bibi has finally filled for a khula, she deserves a better life." Hania said informing Meera about one of the woman they had helped.

"I'm so proud of her, she is young she can make a life for herself again."

"Yes and Priya khala has finally taken shelter with her sister, I don't know how her son could abuse and harass her so much."

"I hope she is happy now."

"Yes I-."

"Look who we have here."  The all too familiar voice said coming from behind them.

Meera turned slowly to see Zulekha and Noor walking towards them.

"Meera, what a pleasant surprise. I'm seeing you after what three months now, I thought you had turned that bedroom of yours into a grave." Zulekha said giving her an evil smile.

Meera looked at her and then at Noor, Noor had blossomed beautifully with her pregnancy, she was six months pregnant now and her baby bump looked beautiful under her silken clothes.

"And what have you done to yourself, look at your clothes for a second I thought you were some mulazma (maid) sitting here. People should not point fingers at my husband saying after he got married again he stopped proving to his mistak- uh I meant his  first wife."

Meera looked at her and smiled.
"Don't worry Zulekha Bibi, just a few more days after that your husband wouldn't have to provide for me anymore." Meera said.

"Noor how are -."

"Zulekha." Noor said interrupting Meera. "My legs feel tired, I think we should go back now."

"Of course Noori." She said.
"We'll take your leave now Meera, we are done with our daily stroll, they said it's good for our babies health." She said looking at Meera mockingly, placing her hand on her belly.

Meera knew Zulekha was a month pregnant, one of the maids had let it slip in front of her. She thought she would feel pain at the news but in reality she felt nothing.

After Zulekha and Noor left, Hania held Meera's hand looking at her for any sign of stress or hurt.

"Malika are..are you okay ?" She asked.

"Will you stop asking me that after every two hours." Meera chucked looking at Hania's face.

"Well our little prince is too small to answer to my questions himself, you are just a source I'm not bothered about you I'm talking to my prince." Hania huffed.

"Oh really." Meera smiled placing her hand on her belly. "And what if she's a Princess."

"It's a prince." Hania shrugged.

Meera came to know she was pregnant a week after Haider and Zulekha's marriage. Meera had cried the entire night, it had been the last time she cried.

All along she had cursed god for being so cruel to her, for leaving her alone, for never giving her someone she could call her own.
He had first taken her mother away, then Haider so cruelly, but with this new life inside of her she found a reason to live again.

Meera had decided to divorce Haider the day he had raped her, she was going to give him a khula as there was nothing called as a divorce in her culture.
But as she was informed that when pregnant, she couldn't apply for a divorce.

Meera had successfully hidden her pregnancy for two months now the only two people who knew about her condition were Hania and Jamila whom she trusted blindly. She had planned on keeping it a secret for as long as she could, she was scared for the life of her child because she knew there were people who wouldn't bat an eye before killing an innocent life.

"Should we head up now ? It's time for your breakfast." Hania said and Meera nodded.

AN: so some of you guessed it right, Meera is pregnant !!
The one month Meera was cooped in her room, Kanika stopped drugging her since now she had no access to Meera and she didn't think Haider would ever touch her but Meera's pregnant now ugh.

But good thing Meera is divorcing him. How many of you ship Shiv and Meera ???
I do 🙈

Next update after 15 hours, not opening Wattpad till then because you all emotionally blackmail me and I give in.

I love you guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 6.5K 11
Sometimes we all become unwanted by someone we wanted the most. The pain, torture, suffering, anxiety, yearning we all go through is invisible to oth...
1.2M 59.2K 50
Collection of traditional love stories. محفل میں باربار انہی پر نظر گئی ہم نے بچائی لاکھ مگر پھر ادھر گئی 💫Short stories of traditional Pakistani w...
44.6K 2.7K 57
Meera Vyas and Agastya Malhotra. One is Designer by Profession while the other one is a Surgeon. Both were trying to find their solace in this chaoti...
816K 35.6K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...