Heartbroken (EXO's Kai onesho...

By purrian4

More

Twice
Second chance?
Appreciation Post!
Author's Note (please read :))

Heartbroken

2K 36 9
By purrian4

One shot (third person POV)

Ae Na is giggling again. Her laptop is on her lap and she is typing fast. It was school holiday. She is chatting with her new friend. Well, he is her batchmate and they ended up chatting because they were bored.

It was 2.30 am and Ae Na is wide awake. They talked and talked about their lives and sharing hilarious stories with each other. Time passed by and it's 4 am already.

Jongin: you're not sleepy yet huh kiddo?

Ae Na: idk. Maybe. Hby?

Jongin: quite sleepy. Let's call it a night, okay?

Ae Na: sure. Goodnight, Jongin.

Jongin: night, kiddo. Take care. Sweet nightmares.

Ae Na: haha, sweet dreams too

She logged out of her account and shut down her laptop. She yawned and lay down her comfy bed. She smiled because she was happy. She falls asleep with a tired smile on her face.

The chat between her and Jongin becomes a routine. They will talk late at night until both of them felt sleepy.

Ae Na's boyfriend, Jungkook feels irritated because everytime he asked things about her, Jongin's name will always popped out. Jealousy. Yes, he is jealous of Jongin. He thinks that Ae Na's attention are fully towards Jongin.

On Ae Na's side, she felt like Jungkook is not himself. He will reply with a short comment and even he will 'k' her. She feels irritated and sad. But, Jongin will always cheer her up. She told Jongin about her feelings towards Jungkook. She feels helpless. She thinks she is falling out of love. She didn't even get butterflies when she talked with Jungkook anymore. She rarely smiles when they were chatting. Her stomach didn't do any flips when Jungkook said sweet things about her.

Indeed, she is falling out of love. Well, they've been dating for 2 months already. So, before anything gets worse, she decided to break up with him. She asked for Jongin's opinion.

Ae Na: should i break up with him?

Jongin: If you think it's for the best, I'm not stopping you.

She felt like she was torn apart. She was in love with Jungkook. But now, everything is falling apart for them. They often fight and didn't spend time with each other anymore.

So, she breaks up with him. Jungkook was furious but she didn't changed her mind. She was tired of a this bullshits and she needs a break. She left him and she is sure that Jungkook will throw a fit and hate her after this. What can she do? She's tired. She needs to be selfish for once and protect herself from getting hurt even more.

After the break up, Jongin is always by her side. They talked often and they exchanged numbers too. He was like a brother to Ae Na. They always goofed around and exchange sarcastic comment about each other. She became attached to him and she will feels weird and unsettle if she didn't talk to him at all in a day. She never had a brother so when Jongin came into her life, she feels grateful for his attention and care.

School will start in a week. She needs to return to her hostel. Her routine with Jongin goes smoothly too. She rely on him too much that she didn't even think about what will happen when school reopens.

She is back at her hostel and tomorrow is the first day in school. Her bestfriends a.k.a dormmates are excited too. She texted Jongin. Jongin replied. So, the texting marathon begins as they can't use internet.

A month and a half passed, her friendship with Jongin stays the same but less texting occurs. He sometimes didn't text her at all for a week. She always text him and even call him. She felt kinda empty when Jongin didn't replied or picked up her calls. She realized that ever since school started, she never once talked to Jongin casually except when they bumped into each other at koop or cafe. They exchanged a few hellos and that's it.

She feels sad and irritated and also anger. Why is she feeling like this? She knew the answer for that. With all the care and attention Jongin gives, she likes him. She has a crush on Jongin. She tried to deny it but her heart won't listen to her. She noticed that everytime she bumped or even looked at Jongin, her heart race and she feels butterflies in her stomach. She feels shy around him too. When their eyes meet, she will blush and turned away. She can't look into his eyes.

During June, she and Jongin didn't talk anymore. No sarcastic comment, no good morning and good night texts. Even during short holidays, they chatted but nowdays, their routine is not a routine anymore. She kept thinking about him and she often sighed. Her bestfriends knew about this. They knew that Ae Na is falling too deeply for Jongin. They can't help her.

News spread fast. She heard about Jongin liking a junior. Her heart broke. She felt like a huge stone just knocked her down. At first, she didn't believed it. When his friends told her, she felt blanked. Everythin makes sense now. Jongin is avoiding her because he likes someone. She felt stupid. She felt like she was a fool for liking someone who likes someone else. She is depressed. She is helpless. She is confused. Most of all, she is heartbroken.

Days passed, she felt like a zombie and her cheeks bone ached. She's been smiling and laughing, prentending that everything's okay. Her friends are worried. But they kept quite. She is broken from the inside just because of a boy. The pain that she felt is much more worse than the pain of the break up.

Everything seems normal for her now. The pain feels numb for her. When she sees Jongin walking and goofing around with his group of friends, she feels like she's going to break down and cry. But, she just smile and looked away. Eversince the news spread, she didn't even cry....yet. She is holding back everything. Every single misery that she is suffering, she didn't show it. She doesn't want her friends to be worried about her. It's her mistake after all right? So she needs to face the consequences.

With exams coming up, she was busy like hell. She is preoccupied with the assigntments and classes. But at the end of the day, she will always find herself, thinking about him before she sleeps. She missed him so much eventhough they will eventually meet every single day. A glance of him smiling is enough for her eventhough that his smile is not for her.

It was a holiday. She is having her bad days. Her laptop is on her lap and she is scrolling the timeline. Jongin's online. Their routine is long gone and she is used to it. Her heart feels like suffocating because of him. She needs to tell him, to let him know that she likes him. It's a huge burden. Without her realizing, she is typing a message to him saying that she likes him. She clicked the send button. After a few minutes, there's a reply from him. She read it and she feels like she can hear her heart smashed into pieces.

"We can always be brother and sister,"

That's it? That's the reply? Her heart hurt but she smiles. She falls into the false hope.

After the confession, everything's back to normal. Nothing. Yes, nothing. She felt like she was beong fooled by him. She is mad at him but she is more mad at her own self. She felt betrayed, anger, sadness and dissapointed. She is confused with her own feelings. Her heart ached but she doesn't want to let go of him. Her heart is so stubborn. Just like her. Even with this bullshit, she continued with her life. Smiling and laughing eventhough at the end of the day, she will always thinks about him.

After the major exam and the annual dinner, it's school holidays. She felt happy but sad at the same time. It is her last year at the school. She cried that day. With all the hugs and jokes, they bid goodbye to each other. They will meet each other again next year to take their result and for graduation day.

During holidays, she spent time with her family and also some friends. It was fun and refreshing. But, her mind won't stop thinking about him. She just can't. She even told him how she feels and whether Jongin wants to continue their friendship or not. A part of her still doesn't want to let him go. A part of her hope that he will let her go. He said he wants to continue. She felt despair. She feels angry but at the same time she feels like she is being a fool. She is suffering like hell now. He just makes things much more worse than it is. So, she decided to ignore him. She is trying to move on.

One fine day, she heard from his friend, Kyungsoo that the girl rejected Jongin because she likes someone else. She felt sad for him. She reads his tweets. It's about love and such. Now, Jongin knows how Ae Na feels.

In the end, Ae Na and Jongin is no different from each other. They are both heartbroken. Both of them suffers the same thing.

Ae Na wants to tell him that she will always be his little kiddo. She will be there for him, always. But she kept her mouth shut, her feelings shut. She just wanted to watch from a far and comes into rescue when he really needs help.

They parted ways. They didn't talk to each other anymore. But deep in their hearts, they know their bond is not broken. It is just left hanging, waiting for it to reattached back.

--------------------------------------

Hello, readers!

I know this is a heartbreaking story and I hope you guys will feel what Ae Na feels in this story. I might write a continuation on this story. I won't leave it hanging, okay?

So, let me just say, this happens in my life and I just want you guys to feel what I feel. So yeah, I hope you enjoy reading it! It is my first one shot. I know I have to continue writing my two other fanfics but my head is jammed. Haha, please be patient with me, lovelies :)

Please read the quote in the media!

Please vote and comment!

xoxo,

AN <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

825K 38.2K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
577K 35.2K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...