Quirks don't make a hero

By Unalive

Izuku Yagi is the son of Inko and Toshinori Yagi, and the brother of Ikaru Yagi. He's bullied by Katsuki Baku... More

Chapter 1: The start
Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend
Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth
Chapter 4: The first day
Chapter 5: The USJ attack
Chapter 6: Dad-fucking-zawa
Chapter 7: Fluffy...?
Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1
Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2
Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4
Chapter 12: The date
NEW BOOK
Chapter 13: Class 1A
Chapter 13.5: After the date
13.6: After the date part 2
School 😔
Chapter 14: The tests
Chapter 15: Stain
🍋Smut🍋
Chapter 16: Recovery
NEW BOOK...again
Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time
Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨
Chapter 19: A lesson in morality
Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter
Chapter 21: Midterms
Chapter 22: Shopping is fun
Chapter 23: Camp Camp
Chapter 24: The calm and the storm
Chapter 25: The eye of the storm
Chapter 26: The whole fucking hurricane
Chapter 27: Hospitals galore
Chapter 28: Comfort
Chapter 29: Awake
{Indefinate Haitus}
Discontinued (Sorry)

Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3

15.9K 440 593
By Unalive

"So, are you quirkless?"

"Yeah..."

~~~

The sun's glare blinded Izuku when he walked through the hallway towards the outside.

He formed his hands into a visor above his head and walked to the center of the arena.

"FOR OUR FIRST MATCH OF THE FINAL EVENT, WE HAVE FROM CLASS 1B, THE PHANTOM THIEF OF QUIRKS, NEITO MONOMA!" Present Mic announced.

Izuku see's his opponent walk onto the other side of the stage. He has blond hair a little darker than the Bakugou's, light blue eyes, and a smirk plastered onto his face. Izuku was surprised by the determination in his eyes; it didn't look like the determination to win but to do something else entirely.

"AND HIS OPPONENT, THE WONDER KID FROM GEN ED WHO PLACED 1ST IN THE FIRST TWO EVENTS, IZUKU YAGI!" Present Mic announced, only Izuku heard the extra enthusiasm in his voice.

Izuku walked up to the arena, analyzing his opponent, thinking of the best way to take him down. He already knew about his quirk because he accessed the UA database previously and researched both the heroics class' information. Nezu gave the go-ahead because he figured out that Izuku was 'Midori,' the current number one info broker for heroes in Japan. Nezu had figured it out during their first lesson together, when Nezu tried to teach him how to hack, only to see that Izuku already knew how and was basically a pro from his extensive experience in the field, tapping into comm lines, hacking into remote cameras, the works.

It all started when he was eleven. Izuku was sitting in his room, browsing the internet because he was bored. He had finished his martial arts training a few weeks ago and had so much free time he didn't know what to do with.

He was already practicing with weapons, but those didn't take too long to master; hence his boredom.

While he was browsing, he came across a video about Japan's most famous info brokers.

Izuku was interested.

He started researching hacking, heroes, villains, and vigilantes alike.

He became a prominent info broker when some of his information helped the police with a big drug bust.

Detective Tsukauchi had messaged him and thanked him for the information, compensating Izuku with a large sum of money.

He helped other heroes, not just the police, and when they wanted support items, he had Mei build them, giving her half of the profit. Throughout the whole thing, they had turned a considerable profit.

.

.

.

The two students looked at each other, one with determination and the other with boredom.

You can guess who's who.

"And... START!" Midnight announced, cracking her whip.

Izuku waited for Monoma to make the first move, wanting to see what he'd do.

Monoma rushed towards Izuku, as he predicted, and swung his fist, trying to hit Izuku in the face, but missing as Izuku dodged.

"I'm going to see what quirk you have and put an end to the mystery," Monoma said to Izuku, speaking quietly, so no one else heard.

Izuku felt a flash of anger at the mention of his quirk and stopped moving.

Monoma threw a punch and, expecting Izuku to dodge again, was surprised when Izuku didn't move and caught his fist instead.

"Do you feel it?" Izuku asked him, a small smirk on his face.

"N-no?! Why don't I feel it?!" Monoma exclaimed.

Izuku grinned maniacally, frightening Monoma a little, and grabbed Monoma's fist with both hands.

He pivoted around his right leg, planting his left down and flinging Monoma out of the arena like a sack of potatoes.

"NEITO MONOMA IS OUT OF BOUNDS! IZUKU YAGI WINS!" Midnight announced.

Izuku walked up to Monoma and offered him a hand to get up.

Monoma took it, and Izuku pulled him in, whispered into his ear,

"I'm quirkless."

Monoma pulled back and looked at Izuku in shock.

Izuku just grinned at him and walked towards the doorway, leaving Monoma to trail after him like a pup.

When Monoma caught up to him, Izuku looked at him in amusement.

"So, are you really quirkless?" Monoma asked, feeling a little hesitant.

"Yeah. Everything I do is related to practice and experience, not a quirk," Izuku explained.

Monoma looked at him with respect.

"That's pretty cool."

"Thanks."

"So, what are you trying to do?" Monoma asked him after a moment of silence.

"I'm going to get into class 1A and become the first quirkless hero and prove that quirkless doesn't mean useless," Izuku explained, voice steeled with determination.

"Then I'll cheer you on, even if you want to become a 1A scrub," Monoma said, as he held out his hand for a handshake.

Izuku chuckled lightly and took his hand, shaking it slightly.

"Thanks."

~~~

The rest of the matches were pretty boring, at least by Izuku's standards.

Ochako beat Mina by floating small rocks to knock her off balance and make her float out of bounds.

Ikaru beat Shioka by creating a shockwave that stunned her before punching her out of bounds with 7%.

Katsuki beat Kirishima by blasting him with explosions until he ran out of stamina and was blasted out of bounds when he had to drop his quirk.

Kokoro beat Sero by burning the tape he shot at her and froze his body so he couldn't move.

Mei's was slightly entertaining.

~~~

Mei walked up to the stage, holding a microphone, confusing the audience before Iida came into the arena, decked out with various support items.

Present Mic questioned him about it before announcing that Mei had given him the items, so he was allowed to keep them on as she insisted that he wore them.

When Midnight announced the start of the match, Mei clicked a button on the microphone before speaking into it and revealing that she was announcing into the stadium's speakers.

"Hello, hello? Oh! It's working! Thanks, Izuku!" Mei said, testing the mic, before giving a thumbs up to his general area, which he returned with one of his own.

"It seems that Mei Hatsume, with the help of Izuku Yagi, has hacked into the stadium's speakers. *sigh* problem child..." Aizawa announced, whispering the last part.

Mei then proceeded to show off her gadgets that were on Iida before taking a step off the arena, further angering Iida, who was already pretty angry.

Izuku just laughed his ass off the whole time.

~~~

Shoto's match was after that.

Honestly, watching paint dry would be more amusing than this fight. At least you can see some character development, seeing your favorite MC harden up to become a better person, but this, this was just bad. He just froze Tetsutetsu so he couldn't move. That's right, no epic battle, no secret power reveal, just ice.

But, a ray of hope finally emerged. It was Hitoshi's turn.

Izuku wished him good luck, with a hug, and sent him off.

~~~

Hitoshi walked up onto the stage after Present Mic announced his name.

Then Present Mic announced his opponent's name: Kaminari Denki.

He was one of the smug kids, and Hitoshi was excited to kick his ass.

"And...START!" Midnight announced.

Hitoshi immediately rushed at him, catching Kaminari off guard while he tried to defend himself, which he was terrible at doing.

He was too reliant on his quirk.

Hitoshi was throwing hit after hit, while Kaminari was having trouble blocking, or even evading them.

After some time, Kaminari had his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath, while Hitoshi didn't break a sweat.

Hitoshi, seeing that Kaminari was tired, decided to end this and use his quirk.

"What do you think about Joe?"

Kaminari looked at him in confusion and answered his question.

"Joe? Who's Joe?" Kaminari answered, more so asked.

Hitoshi took control of him and smirked.

"Joe Mama."

~~~

After Midnight announced Hitoshi as the winner, he left to find Izuku.

There was a 15-minute break before the start of the second round.

While walking, Hitoshi heard someone yell his name.

"SHINSOU!" Kaminari yelled, offensively waving his arm.

Shinsou didn't stop walking, but he did slow down his pace a little.

When Kaminari caught up to him, he put his arm around Hitoshi's shoulder, making Hitoshi stop in his tracks.

Hitoshi just immediately took his arm and dropped it off of his shoulder.

"What do you want?" Hitoshi asked coldly.

"You know that Izuku kid, right?" Kaminari asked him.

"Yeah, I do. So what?" Hitoshi asked defensively.

"Well, his sister is Ikaru, right? So I wanted to ask you if you could ask him to give me her number, 'cuz she's smoking hot," Kaminari explained.

"What? No? I'm not going to ask my friend to give me his sister's number. And besides, they're not close, so he doesn't even have her number," He responded, starting to walk away from Kaminari, not wanting to continue this conversation.

"Oh. Then can I have your number as consolation?" Kaminari responded cheerfully, trying to slide his arm back onto Hitoshi's shoulder, which is just dodging the attempts.

"Sorry, I'm not interested," he said bluntly.

"Come on, please?" Kaminari whined pitifully.

"Do you even know anything about me?" Hitoshi asked, with an eyebrow raised.

"No, but you're hot, so..." Kaminari responded.

Hitoshi stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Kaminari.

"If a person's appearance is the only thing you're looking at, then stay away from me," Hitoshi spat with a glare.

He walked away from a gaping Kaminari, who just stood there watching Hitoshi put more and more distance between them, then finally hugged a waiting Izuku.

~~~

Word Count: 1595

Special Thanks to @natopotat for editing this I really appreciate it uwu

Until next time!

Fire out~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
71.1K 1.1K 23
Neglected, abused and abandoned this is the life of one Izuku Yagi from the age of 4 when he was deemed quirkless his mother Inko Yagi and her husban...
50.5K 1.1K 51
Izuku Yagi lives in a shinobi world so what the hell is a quirk anyway? Chakra never died out and the shinobi world never fell in Boruto's time inste...
170K 3.1K 45
Summary : yagi izuku has been mentally abused by his family that is yagi inko (floater) and yagi toshinori (all might). His so call friend after the...