Lovable Zainab

By Aishaorahachi

Zainab was always dumb and crazy. She never planned on getting married or even falling in love. What happens... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
epilogue

chapter 28

933 224 7
By Aishaorahachi

Chapter 28

Zainab's POV

Lami sat on a chair in front of the court because of her physical condition she couldn't stand. She had a black eye on her left eye, her face was still slightly swollen. Her eyes went to her deranged husband. Adam's eyes were pleading with her she averted her gaze and look straight at the judge whose eyes were on the papers on his desk.

"Proceed." He said to miss Ola.

"Thank you." She appreciated and started her presentation again. "Your honor this is Lami Bature, the accused wife. If you look at Lami closely you will see how battered she is. She doesn't look like an happy wife to me."

"Tell us your story Lami."

"My name is Lami bature previously Lami Ibrahim. I was forced to marry Mr Adam here because my stepfather believed having Adam father as his in law is a massive achievement even though he knew the monster Adam is so he got me, his step daughter to marry the monster. My marriage with Adam has been hell. Every day I received beating for no good reason, I received insults from him, he forces himself on me. My first pregnancy was aborted because of him he beat me up to a pulp saying he doesn't want to be a father yet. I lost the baby because of him.

"My second pregnancy the same thing happened I had another miscarriage now the doctor said I should not try to get pregnant again or i might not make it. all because of this horrible man. As you can see your honor I'm not in a good state now I'm injured all over and in intense pain just because I saw him murder a prostitute he brought home. I was there I saw how he brought out a knife and stab the girl repeatedly, she didn't deserve a death like that. It was horrible. I just stood there watching i was numb I couldn't make a sound or move because of the shock of seeing life slip away from someone. When he eventually found out that I saw everything He beat me up and left me for dead but I was lucky that I had met attorney Bisiola some day ago and she gave me her contact card. I was able to call her and she came to my rescue." She wipe her tears with the back of her hand.

"Your honor I can boldly tell this court that Adam Modibo Bature is quilty as charged. He was infatuated with Zainab the moment he met her. That infatuation later turned to an obsession. He's a mad man your honor. Adam I just want to say that you hurt me not break me. I'm not under your mercy and I'm stronger than you give me credit and I hope you rot in jail. That is all your honor."

She was dismissed and one could tell that she is really affected by this. The woman won't be able to have children again and that could really bring any woman down. I feel so sorry for her.

"Your honor there is a man Bande who was sent by Adam to spy and inform him on Zainab every move. He confessed this to the authority and I have his statement right here." Miss Ola submitted the copy of the statement to the secretary

Dreadlock guy was indeed working with Adam. How terribly fascinating.

"I'll give the two attorney a chance to sum up their arguments." The judge announced

"Your honor I'll like you to see the good man my client is and disregard this false accusations against him." Adam attorney sum up.

"Your honor you've seen the evidence and heard the arguments. Your honor I demand Justice be served to at least appeased all the women this heartless man has hurt. Thank you." She sat back down.

"I've heard all the arguments presented and I adjourn the final judgement to August first." The judge declared dismissing the court room.

"All arise as the honourable judge. leaves." The secretary announced.

We all stood up to give our respect to the judge.

"My daughter you are an excellent lawyer." My father praise miss Ola.

"Thank you sir. Let's hope for the best."

"Zainab" someone called me. I didn't dare to look back because I already knew who it is.

"Adam don't you dare come any close to my client." Miss Ola warned.

"I just want to talk to her. Zainab don't go through with this you will regret it."

"Leave my daughter alone you fool. You are lucky I have enough self control." My father held me close as he led me outside the court room.

"Zainab wait, you have to stop the trial." He tried to get a hold of me but was stopped by security officers. I see his lawyer and his father telling him to calm down.

"Zainab don't go through with it. I love you. Zainab listen to me I'll change for you. I will be a better person." He begged as the security dragged him away from me.

"Zainab." He yelled again. I walked away with my father I didn't look back.

He's scared. Good, I want to him feel how frightened I was when he kidnapped me. He wasn't stupid not to know that his attorney is a flop and is already losing the case.

Immediately I step out of the court house I was surrounded by the press. I used my veil to cover my face as I tried to maneuver my way through the press.

"Attorney Bisiola do you think you stand a chance against the Bature family?" The reporter with the loudest voice asked

"I'm hungry." Was miss Ola answer, frowning as she ignored them.

Thank you very much defending me." I thanked her again immediately we were away from the press.

"Police." Someone called me. It was no other than my friend Judith.

"Ambassador to banana republic." I yelled hugging her.

"Hey I defended you back there the least you can do for me is call me ambassador to China." She scolded.

"Sorry but I thought they chased you from China?" I asked.

"Yes so don't mess with me infact go and ask the people of China they'll tell you about Judith the fighter."

This never gets old. Judith is just amazing they are always chasing her from every country she fantasizes about in her imagination.

"Did they chase you from Pakistan too?"

"How did you know." She feigned shock

"Sixth sense." I answered rolling my eyes.

"I'm so proud of you bunkie. Oh sorry I didn't notice. Good afternoon sir and attorney." She greeted my dad and Miss Ola.

"Miss sule you did well today." Miss Ola acknowledged

"Ah my daughter thank you very much for your statement." My father also appreciate

"Daddy it's nothing. Zainab deserved Justice."

"Thank you my dear it takes a good friend to stand by you and you are indeed a good friend." My father continue to praise her.

"I'll be on way sir I've to take Lami for her medical checkup." Miss Ola informed us then took off.

"Ah I have so many things to tell you Zainab wayyo I have missed you." Judith exclaimed.

"I missed you too." I really did. It has been a long time since I saw her, it's been long since we hung out and make fun of ourselves.

"I'll be on way mama na. But I'll inform Danladi to bring you home safely."

"Ah na gode Baba." He is going to allow spend me time with my friend.

Shortly after my father left us Danladi decided to show himself.

"I was told I needed to get my cupcake and her short friend home safely." Danladi said sticking his head from the car window.

"This one will not grow up." Judith hissed. "Don't be surprised when your future wife is shorter than I am."

"Tufiakwa. What kind of bad prayer is that?"

These two could never spend a minute together without throwing insults at themselves.

"Sorry short people are not allowed in this car." One of the guys who testified for me was seated comfortably at the back seat stopped her.

I didn't even notice them before because the glasses were tinted and only Danladi rolled down his window glass.

"But at least I'm taller than your destiny." Judith retort and pushed herself in the car and I followed to.

"E enter." His friends laughed at him.

Judith was really all that short she's probably a 5'3 or something.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"So how come your bestest friend Fatima isn't in court holding your hands and doing her friendship duty of being there for you?" Judith said immediately we got comfortable in a small restaurant.

We had already drop off the other guys in their destination after I thanked them for helping me in the trial throughout their ride. So it's just Judith, Danladi and I that was left.

"She said something about being scared. You know Adam is a cult member." Danladi answered.

"Coward." Judith scoffed. "No offense police. It's an open secret that I don't like Fatima and I still don't especially now."

It's true Judith just somehow only tried to tolerate Fatima but never liked her.

"Judith, although it hurts but I still think her reason is genuine." I defended my best friend.

Just because Fatima was too scared to be there for doesn't mean I'll not defend her. It's not like she owes me her life.

"Don't you think it's suspicious how she made you go hiking that particular day because if I remember vividly you never wanted to go. She literally emotional blackmailed you into going."

It's true I remember Fatima suggested that we go hiking and I told her I couldn't do such an extreme outdoor activity. She begged me to come with her, I remember suggesting that Judith come with us and she told me no and went about telling me how we never do things together again. She began crying that she just wants to hang out with me and accused me of spending more time with Judith so I went with her. Judith was even pissed that Fatima thought she was stealing her best friend so Judith didn't accept my invitation to the hiking anyway

"Now that you mentioned it. It was really strange how she got so upset because I suggested that you come with us."

"When I talked to Miss Ola she told me about Fatima's weird behavior to sum everything up we concluded that your good friend is hiding something concerning that hiking. If you ask me I think she was involved with Adam."

"Don't you think that is too much to accuse her of something so big?" Danladi said. I forgot that he was even with us.

"If you know Fatima like I do you'll believe that she is capable being Adam's accomplice." Judith dropped the bomb.

"Her motive might not be to hurt you." She added when she saw the thinking expression Danladi and I had paste on our face

"Judith this is really serious you are making me doubt Fatima." I said after finding words.

"I'm not telling you this because I want to break your friendship with Fatima or anything. Just confront her about this. That way you can get an answer or a reaction that will give you the answer.

"So tell me how is your mother, brothers, sisters, cousin any relevant person?" She excited effectively changing the unsettling topic.

"They are all fine. Tell me bout your love life it's always entertaining." I said.

I also didn't want to continue talking about my best friend and Judith love life is worth hearing.

"You won't believe who I'm dating now."

"Is it the guy you had a crush on that year?" I asked thrilled.

"I really don't want to hear." Danladi groaned.

"There's this banker Tobi who told me he loves me..."

"You are dating a banker!" I interrupted.

"No I'm dating the bankers best friend...."

"That's very horrible of you." Danladi scowled.

"Stop interrupting me and also stop jumping into stupid conclusion." She frowned.

"Sorry go on." Danladi chuckled

"I was saying I'm dating the banker's best friend's elder brother's colleague." She finished grinning.

She must be so proud of herself now.

Judith will always be Judith.

"When will you become serious about a guy?" I asked.

"I'm serious about this one. I'm not like you the only Muslim Reverend sister."

"She's actually engaged." Danladi told her.

"It's a lie." She shook her head refusing to believe.

"It's a true." Danladi argued.

I understand why she didn't believe I was engaged. I used to give her the impression that I'm allergic to romantic relationship. It used to be true. I myself can't believe that I'm engaged. It's funny.

"God you fucked up. I was anticipating, hoping, praying that you'll be a nun."

I laughed at that. I really did miss this girl.

"Remember how we used to go to love garden to laugh at couples." She smiled, reminiscing about the good old days.

"Yeah I remember you guys were bunch of jobless people." Danladi said.

"We had fun." Judith threw her head back laughing.

Those were the good old days.

Thanks for reading.😊

Hey there.

Can i have a vote and a comment from you?

Thank you ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 481 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
4.4K 410 24
Forced to marry her childhood crush after she just found her true love, how will zahra cope with this. ABEG JUST READ TO FIND OUT. I'm bad at descrip...
349K 36.1K 41
ONCE A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY "It's time" The simple sentence could be interpreted in different ways. Time? The favorable and appropriate time to do...
1.4K 252 32
She had everything while growing up only that her parents couldn't give her the life she wanted. It was the life of freedom: to do and be anything. H...