Rose Colored Glasses | HS AU

By bopbopstyles

HARRY STYLES AU (inspired by Peaky Blinders) As the daughter of the most powerful man in Birmingham, there we... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9*
The Wedding: pt. 1
The Wedding: pt. 2

Chapter 5*

977 34 44
By bopbopstyles

Cicely practically ran all the way to Josiah's. She had been there only a handful of times before, usually by accident when she was out with Harry and he told her he had to stop by. The first time she had met Josiah, she was apprehensive, unsure what to make of the man standing behind the oak desk across from her, a cocky smile on his face. He reminded her of men she had met dozens of times before, men too big for their britches, as her father said. But then he spoke to Harry, and she could see how much he cared for him, despite the tension between them. She suspected it was more on Harry's end than Josiah's, the result of trustworthy people being few and far between in his life. Josiah might have been brash and rough around the edges, but Cicely didn't mind that too much. He was nothing but kind to her, polite, told her that if anyone fucked with her they would answer to him, and it was a promise.

    A promise she intended on holding him to.

    She rapped on the glass of the door in the pattern she had seen Harry do, bouncing up and down on the toes of her boots as she waited for the door to open. When it did, it was Clara, the secretary who had offered to take Cicely shopping if she needed to. "Cicely?" She asked, and then took one looked at the panicked expression on her face and opened the door wider. "Harry's in with Josiah."

    Cicely pushed past her and took the stairs two at a time, thankful she had spent her life doing unconventional things like riding horses and running around on the estate rather than embroidering in the parlor. When she pushed open the door to Josiah's office, she was panting from racing through the house, and the conversation in the room immediately cut out. Josiah, Jack, and Harry were sitting there, their faces all turned to her in surprise.

    She had taken an especially strong liking to Jack, who she knew was Harry's closest friend and confidante. He was everything his brother wasn't in the ways that mattered—soft spoken, a kind smile, warm eyes. But she could tell he had another side to him, one that made people cower in fear when he entered a room. It was a side she was relying on.

    Her eyes swept right to Harry's, one hand resting on the door jamb and the other on her stomach as it rose and fell with her breath. "My father," she said, breathless. "He found me."

    "Fuck," Harry responded in an exhale, rising from the chair he sat in and coming to her side. He pressed a palm to her cheek and his eyes criss-crossed her face as if he was checking for damage. Thankfully, there was none. "What happened?"

    She gripped his wrist as she told the story, describing the scene on the front steps and the way her hair stood up from the policeman's gaze. "I just know it," she told him earnestly. "He figured it out and he's not going to waste time before he gets here."

    "What do you want us to do?" Josiah asked, leaning over the oak desk and looking her straight in the eye. "I hate William King enough to do just about anything you me to do, all ya have to do is say the word."

    Cicely considered it. She knew he would kill her father if she asked, and while she hated her father with every bone in her body, she didn't want him murdered in cold blood. That would leave her mother alone on that estate and it would be hard for Cicely to run from everything, since she was the sole heir to the family name, the business, everything. Even though she wouldn't be in charge—her father had seen to it that she would fall to her husband, and until she married the second in command of the company—it still meant that she couldn't abandon ship. Her mother would never forgive her, and even though her mother had done countless things that were unforgivable, Cicely still loved her. Far more than she did her father, at least.

    "Don't kill him," she said, stepping around Harry's body so she was facing Josiah head on. "But don't let him make me leave. Threaten him with force and protect Harry at all costs."

    "Don't need protectin'," he muttered behind him but she ignored it. To her, he was the one thing worth saving when everything went to hell and no matter how good he was at fighting someone, her father had an affinity for guns. And Harry refused to carry one after the war.

    "You will if bullets are involved." Josiah reached for the telephone, picking up the receiver and dialing for the operator. "Sergeant Petty, Birmingham Police, please Miriam."

    Of course he was on a first name basis with the operator, Cicely thought to herself. She felt a hand on her lower back, and she rotated her head just enough to catch Harry out of the corner of her eye. He was tense, she could see it in his eyes, the way they were partially looking at her but also spacing off, the crease between his brows and the tightness of his jaw. "Harry," she whispered, quiet enough that no one else in the room could hear. "I'm going to be okay." She didn't really know if that was true, but she needed Harry to believe it. When he was like this it was hard for him to think straight, and she needed his mind in order to make sure she stayed out of her father's clutches. 

    "I..." Harry sighed, his gaze shifting to the floor. "Are you sure ya want to stay?"

    The thought of letting her father take her home hadn't even crossed her mind when she saw the policeman in the street. Instead, her thoughts revolved around how to make sure she could stay with Harry, how to keep them safe from her father. The prospect of returning to the hell that was her home, her life, her predetermined future, was enough to make her nod her head. "Positive," she told him, and his eyes lifted to hers.

    She could see his jaw relax, his eyes clear and really look at her. He was better.

    "Petty, I need to know if some of your men have been working for William King." Josiah was speaking into the phone, a hand open on the desk, resting on a collection of papers. "And when is that supposed to take place?" His eyes shifted to Cicely, then Harry, and finally rested on Jack. His brother shifted in his seat and picked up a cigarette from the box on the table, then pulled a lighter from his pocket. "Keep everybody away from the area, ya hear me? Every man that you can keep out of the area, do it. No, I'm not telling you shit." Josiah slammed down the receiver and downed the rest of the glass of whiskey on his desk.

    The fast that it was eleven in the morning hardly seemed relevant.

    "Your asshole of a father has the city police out on patrol for ya. Seems someone got a sighting of ya and tipped them off that you were at Harry's, in Balsall. He's comin' to collect ya tomorrow at eight o'clock."

    "That's in less than 24 hours," Harry said, the hand on her back forming into a fist that she wished she could unfurl.

    Josiah grabbed the bottle of whiskey and refilled his crystal glass, and then two others. He pushed them towards Cicely and Harry before saying, "Just means we got a lot of planning to do."

Jack dropped Cicely and Harry off at the house at half past six, after the plans had been put in motion and there was no going back. Josiah had told them to let him and Jack handle it, to stay inside and out of sight, and that they'd post a few men outside to keep an eye on the house in case her father decided to surprise them a bit early. With a nod to Harry and a kiss to Cicely's temple, Jack drove off, leaving Harry and Cicely behind on the street. It was empty, everyone at work or out running errands, just a few children out on their porches up the block.

    Harry unlocked the door quietly and Cicely followed him inside. They hadn't spoken for all of the car ride from Josiah's, Cicely because she didn't know what was going through Harry's head, and Harry because he was too angry to think of words. As he moved through the house, Cicely could tell he was angry. The way he sighed sharply and lit a cigarette, clenched at the table as he studied a wall, before pacing back and forth in the hallway, a hand roughly running through his hair. She stood next to the stairs, watching him, unsure what to say.

    These were the moments when Cicely was reminded how much of Harry she still didn't know. She had never seen him angry, at least, not like this. This was a kind of anger she couldn't wipe from his body with a wet rag, or push away with a kiss to his forehead. It was anger she was wrapped up in, although not her fault, something she couldn't fix without hurting them.

    It was Harry who spoke first, in a shocking change. He turned to her, chest heaving. "Don't wanna lose ya," he said, staring daggers into her soul.

    Cicely moved finally, through the distance between them, her boots clicking on the worn floorboards. "I don't either," she whispered, pressing a palm to his cheek. She ghosted her fingertips over his eyelids when they fluttered shut at her touch, and tried to memorize his face. The fading bruise on his jaw, the curl of his hair by his ears, the harsh lines of his cheekbones, how soft he looked in moments like this. Her thumb shifted across his face and brushed over his lip, running along the tender skin there.

    His eyes fluttered open at the contact, his anger replaced with a desire Cicely had grown used to in recent days. The darkening of his pupils, the way his gaze focused on her lips as he looked at her. "How," he began, not meeting her eyes, "have I only known ya for a week, but it feels like an eternity?"

    "I don't know," she replied, voice soft in the house. All she could hear was the sound of their haggard breathing and the tick of the old clock in the sitting room. "It feels like you were made for me. Like I've been waiting for you."

    Hands found her hips, his fingers twisting in the fabric of her skirt. Cicely took a step towards him, their chests nearly touching, and in a breath, found his lips with hers. Her fingers curled into his hair like she knew he liked and held him close to her, memorizing the way his lips tasted, how it felt to have his nose slotted against hers, the press of his body against hers and the heat of his palms on her hips. It was a dream she never wanted to wake from.

    In a moment, Harry took a step towards her, forcing her backwards, and then another, until her back was pressed against the wall underneath the stairs. She arched her back and a sound left Harry's throat that was somewhere between a laugh and a growl when her breasts pressed against his chest, the fabric of their shirts brushing against each other harshly. Their lips fought one another, Cicely sucking on his bottom lip and Harry biting softly down on hers and making her giggle. When his tongue licked into her mouth, she flicked hers out to meet him, the sensation like nothing she had ever experienced before.

    Her hands explored the expanse of Harry's back, fingers curling into his shirt, his jacket a long forgotten memory. When his lips dipped to her neck and her nails darted into his skin, he gasped by her ear, the muscles in his arm flexing as he formed a fist against the wall. She wanted his skin, his bare skin, to see his tattoos and his piercings and investigate every corner of his body. After his matches she was allowed snippets of time, but it was always pressured, people wanting to talk to him before they left, Harry still recovering from the fight. But now, he was here and hers, no one else waiting for his attention, his body bent over hers as he nipped at the spot just below her earlobe.

    "Can you take off your shirt?" Her voice was quiet in the room, and Harry's head lifted at her words.

    He leaned back slightly and Cicely watched in rapture as he pulled the hem of it from his trousers, and then slowly over his head. A necklace she had never seen before—a cross—fell to his chest and she guessed she hadn't seen it because he couldn't wear it during fights. So she took this opportunity to investigate, her fingertips running down the silver chain until they reached the pendant.

    "I thought you stopped believing," she said, her forehead resting on his jaw as she surveyed the necklace. She could see his chest rise and fall, the roll of his stomach as he sucked in air sharply when her fingers ghosted over his skin.

    "Started wearing it again a few days ago," he murmured, bending his chin so he could rub it against her temple. The feeling of him nuzzling at her skin made her smile, the softness of Harry never ceasing to surprise her.

    He had such a hard facade up and most of it was all lies. A protective mechanism that resulted from years of pain and one big betrayal, one she hoped she could kick to smithereens. Tentatively, she touched his nipples, loving the hiss that filled her ears at her touch. "Why is that?"

    She felt his fingers brush through the ends of her hair, the loose curls having fallen from the stress of the day. "Found somethin' worth believing in again."

    Their lips reconnected with a fervor Cicely had experienced before between them, but something was different this time. And urgency to the way their hands gripped one another, the way Cicely stopped thinking and let her body react in the way it wanted, her hips pressing up against his, the brush of their most intimate places making them gasp into one another's mouths.

    Cicely wanted more. She wanted to see every inch of him laid out below her, to run her fingers over his skin and discover which spots made him gasp. She wanted him to see her and do the same, to tell her all the thoughts bottled up in her head. But more than anything, she wanted a moment to remember forever, so that no matter what happened tomorrow, she could hold onto the memory of this night.

    "Harry." His head lifted, eyes finding hers in the soft glow of the hallway light. "Can you take me upstairs?"

    He brushed his thumb across her cheek tenderly. "Ya sure?"

    "Yes."

With that word, Harry's hands drifted from their home on her hips down her skirt-covered thighs. He tugged at the fabric, pulling it up so that he could touch her skin, and then gripped the back of them. With the flex of his arms, he pulled her up, her legs easily wrapping around his waist so that he was carrying her. In this position, their lips were level and Cicely took full advantage, smothering his face with soft kisses that brought out a rare smile on his face as he maneuvered them up the stairs gracefully. She knew Harry was strong, the sight of his body taught under her hands as he carried her made her understand how truly powerful he was.

He knocked open the bedroom door with his hip and Cicely took in the room they had shared for the past few nights, curled up under the covers together. She had chased away his nightmares in this bed. Even though her bed at home might have been more comfortable, she had never felt so at home between any sheets like she did in Harry's.

Delicately, he dropped her onto the duvet cover, and Cicely held him to her, forcing his body on top of hers. Their foreheads knocked, but they didn't mind, Harry's hands finding the space on either side of her head to support himself, and her fingers dug into the flesh of his stomach. She loved having free range over his body, touching him as she pleased, watching how his features contorted in front of her with every press of her palms. Her skirts were rucked up, trapped under his knees, and she wanted them off, the material heavy on her body.

"Can you help me take this off?" She asked him, squeezing his skin to get his attention. He had been sucking a spot on the base of her neck, which as much as she enjoyed the feeling of, she wanted her warm skin to be free more.

Harry's gaze scattered over her body before reaching her face. "All of it?" She nodded and he shuddered, hesitant hands pulling at the cotton blouse that was tucked into the waist of the skirt.

Cicely sat up so he could pull it over her head, and when it was gone Harry stared at her for seconds that stretched into a minute. Her brassiere over her breasts, straining from her heavy breaths, her soft skin, unmarred from a life without disease and violence. There wasn't a mark on her, and Harry marveled at the beauty of her body in front of him, wondering how he could have ever been so lucky to have found her. Then, he reached his hands around her to where the clasp laid, eyes searching hers to make sure it was okay before he pulled the material away.

When he bent his head, tongue running over the sensitive rises of her breasts, Cicely gasped, her fingers moving from the covers to his hair, holding his head to her skin. It was a sensation she didn't know how to describe and it sent shockwaves through her body. Then he moved to her other nipple and she moaned, desperation on her vocal chords.

"Skirt?" He murmured into her skin, and Cicely mumbled her approval. Her skin was on fire and she just needed it all off, to let the cool air rush over her. With deft fingers, he undid the buttons at the back of the skirt, and Cicely laid back so he could slide it down her legs. Every inch of skin that was revealed made Harry's breathing quicken, the sight of a woman nearly naked in front of him one he hadn't encountered since before France.

It was almost embarrassing how desperate he was for her in every single way. He wanted to make her moan, to hear his name on her tongue, to make her squirm, to make her cry out in ecstasy. But he started with moving down her body, pulling from his memories what he wanted to do to her, show her. "What are you doing?" She asked, confusion evident in her tone.

"Want to taste ya," he mumbled, a kiss pressed to her hipbone where the line of her underwear laid. "Make ya feel good. Is that okay?"

Without hesitation, Cicely nodded and Harry ducked his head down, his eyesight level with her center. He decided to keep her underwear on, not wanting to rush her too fast. Tentatively, he brushed his forefinger over her underwear and Cicely gasped, eyes watching his every move like a hawk. She didn't know what she ached for, but she just knew she didn't want him to stop. And when he darted out his tongue and swiped it over her clothed center, his name fell from her lips in a prayer.

"Goin' to pull these to the side," he told her, not wanting to catch her by surprise. "Stop me at any time if ya want." He waited for her nod before continuing, pulling the edge to the side to reveal her wet pussy waiting for him. "Fuck," he exhaled, the sight of her overwhelming him. "Beautiful, every inch of ya, know that?"

The giggle that left her mouth quickly turned to a gasp when he licked over her, the tang of her like a holiday meal, one to be treasured for the rest of the year. He was tender, not wanting to hurt her, brushing circles and lines up and down her sensitive flesh. When her fingers moved from his shoulders to curl through his hair, he smiled into her skin, the signs of her pleasure making him proud. He was hers, and she was his. In this moment, it was as simple as that.

"Harry." She pulled his roots and Harry couldn't help the groan that he let out onto her flesh, the vibrations making her thighs clasp around his head. When she went to pull them away, Harry stopped her, holding her thighs close as he licked up and down her again, kitten licks to her bud. "Oh my God," she said. She went to clasp a hand over her mouth but Harry gripped her wrist, holding it to the bed.

"Wanna hear ya," he mumbled. "Don't care about the neighbors."

Cicely decided she didn't either, because the prospect of having to think about anything but the tension rising in her belly would have overwhelmed her brain. His tongue felt like heaven on her skin, the warm wetness making her thighs tense. She worried she was hurting him but Harry seemed to like it, so she didn't stop, just tugged on his head to keep him close and moaned. The sounds leaving her body were ones she had never heard before, but they became her favorite things, wanting to experience Harry drawing them from her for the rest of time.

He pulled away for a second, replacing his mouth with his fingers, and looked to Cicely's face. The rise and fall of her breasts made him want to rut into the bed but he held back, wanting the moment to be all about her. "How d'ya feel, love?"

"Good," she said in a rush, her voice raw from panting. "Um, tense? I don't know how to describe it."

"Hmm," he hummed out, returning to her folds, "that's good, Ci." The nickname had appeared a few times in the past few days and it fit perfectly in his mouth. He loved how it made her smile, eyelashes flutter as she looked down at him.

He held her eyesight as he licked her skin, wanting to watch her unfurl in front of him. It was like a boxing match in a way, reading his opponent to know the moment he was desperately waiting for, using his instincts to change his actions to draw the reaction he wanted. He darted his tongue to her slit and she bucked into him, so he hesitantly pressed at her slit, wanting to open her up a bit for him. He wasn't small, he knew that, and the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her. She hummed in appreciation, so he continued, the feeling of licking inside of her making him grip at her skin in an attempt to hold himself to Earth. Her head tilted back, long neck exposed to him and he wished he could be in two places at once—at her neck and in between her legs.

When his tongue got tired, he replaced it with one of his fingers, Cicely moaning at the feeling. She watched him in rapture, the feeling of his digit inside of her alighting every part of her body. It was unusual, but not bad—she wanted more, in fact. She could feel herself reaching a precipice, of what she wasn't sure, but she knew she needed more. "More." Harry looked at her, questioning, and she nodded. "Please."

Harry responded by curling his finger, twirling it inside of her to reach every inch of her and a quick motion over her bud. She could feel herself tightening around him and at first she thought it was bad but he mumbled how good it felt into her skin, so she let herself do it again. She could feel that edge racing towards her like she was flying, and she struggled to keep her eyes open before giving up, eyelids drifting shut and her head tilting back again.

Her hips bucked, the tension rising, and then with a brush to the spongy spot inside of her, she snapped with a cry of his name. Harry didn't let her go, pushing in and out of her as she fell apart, kissing her inner thighs. Watching her finish was like a movie to him, one he would've paid his life's earnings to see just one more time. Her cheeks glowed, eyes wide, chest rising with quick breaths as she calmed down. Slowly he pulled his finger from her and she hissed at the loss, Harry giving her a small smile as he sucked his finger dry so her juices didn't get all over the duvet.

"I..." She didn't have the words but Harry knew. "Come here," was all she got out, and Harry responded in a flash, his body moving up hers immediately.

Their lips reconnected and the taste of her on his tongue made her crave more. Her legs wound around his waist and Harry grunted when her bare center brushed over his still clothed dick. He pulled back and brushed a hair from her forehead. "Ci," he said softly, "I need you to tell me what you want."

She didn't even hesitate. "You," she answered, fingers gliding down his back. "All of you."

"Are you sure? We don't have to—"

She pressed a finger to his lips that silenced him immediately. "I'm sure."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.3K 28
-To be loved is to be changed- Harry Edward Styles, 20 year old college student and golden boy of the University of Southern California Tojan's footb...
477K 4.4K 122
A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuploaded after a user unrightfully reported...
21.1K 593 16
[a harry styles fanfiction] - werewolf!harry ▪︎ ▪︎ The man put every other man she'd ever known to shame. None of them even came close to comparing...
60.9K 719 26
Taylor Somers is the only Daughter of Richard Somers, one of the most powerful man in England & USA. All her life she tried her best to live up to he...