Meraki (Aizawa and Eri x Girl...

By eyitsroseau

COMPLETED Virtual. An underground pro-hero with a quirk similar to that of telepathy but can transmit a whole... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Part 1)
Chapter 10 (Part 2)
Chapter 10 (Part 3)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 🍋
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Aizawa Shouta
Good Ideas (Miya Atsumu X G! Reader)
Special Chapter

Chapter 2

4.5K 183 11
By eyitsroseau

Once we are all settled, the meeting commenced. Bubble Girl started to discuss the Villian Organization named Shie Hassaikai and their run-in with the Team Reservoir Dogs.

Shie Hassaikai? The name rings a bell. This organization has been talked about the underground for the past months when I did some missions. Centipeder informs everyone that they made their own investigation against the organization and found out that they have been contacting other groups of villains and are spreading their influence over the black market. They also contacted the League of Villians though it seems that the confrontation didn't end well.

"Something to do with League of Villians huh? That's why you reached out to me and Tsukauchi," Gran Torino interjected.

After several side conversations, Nighteye continued, "Hassaikai was once suspected of dealing in illegal substances. Which is why I've called in a hero familiar with such things."

I looked at Fat Gum who stood up and exclaimed about Red Riot's debut, "...A drug... That destroys quirks!"

I then whipped my head in the direction of Eraserhead. Now I can see why he is summoned.

With the eyes of everyone on him, he started to explain in a monotonous voice, "It's different than my 'erasure'. I temporarily stop the quirk factors from activating. I don't cause damage."

Fat Gum pointed at his Indigo-haired intern and said that he got shot by a bullet that contains the drug.

"We got Tamaki checked out at the hospital. They said his quirk factor is damaged. Luckily, the body's natural way of healing fixed the problem," Fat Gum added.

Something that damages the quirk factors? Then this drug is a threat to us heroes as well as those with quirks. If they further develop this substance, I am afraid of the extent the damage can cause.

Fat Gum conveyed that they got a sample of the substance thanks to shitty hair's quirk. I guess I should stop calling him that since he did a great job.

"Analysis of the substance found inside...

...revealed something pretty disgusting..." His tone suddenly turned serious as well as the vibe around the room. I can feel the familiar queasy feeling in my gut. I think I know where this is going.

"...They found human cells and blood."

A shiver runs up my spine. Although I have heard and encountered such scenarios in some of my missions, I am still repulsed by the idea of using humans as products. I fucking knew it! Now, this is becoming more like the area I'm most familiar with.

"So... The effect it has, comes from a person's quirk? A quirk destroying quirk..." Ryukyu added to the still room.

I looked around to see the horrified looks of the students. Experienced or not, this information is unsettling. 

The other heroes questioned how Nighteye is sure that Shie Hassaikai is involved. Fat Gum has explained some connections with an incident in Ryukyu's area to which a drug that boosts quirks for a short time is found.

"I'm still not convinced, give me something concrete to go on," the Hero interjected again.

Nighteye adjusted his glasses and spoke, "Their young leader is Chisaki, and his quirk is Overhaul. The ability to both dismantle and restore. Dismantle a quirk that can destroy and then heal. Then... we have bullets that can destroy quirks."

Everything is quite fitting into place but there are still pieces missing. My eyes focused on the two UA students in front of me. I believe they are Nighteye's interns. They started sweating and the horrified looks they are sporting are becoming more apparent as if they knew something. What is it? What it is that you know?

"Chisaki has a daughter. When these two encountered her, she was covered in an excessive number of bandages,"

I covered my mouth with my hands to prevent them from making out a terrified gasp. A child? The thing that I loathe the most is child abuse. Those innocent souls being tainted by the harshness and terror of someone's hand and words make me angry. My vocation as a hero is to not leave a single child behind. Not when...

Suddenly, images run through my mind. I clenched my hands, nails digging to my skin to prevent myself from having an outburst. This is not the time for damn flashbacks!

"You're saying he is using his daughter for these bullets and selling them in the black market?" Someone exclaimed from the group, making me come out from my inner monologue.

My heart pounded on my chest, imagining the horrors this little girl must be going through. Wherever she is, I hope she is holding on. We will come and we will save her from her hell. This, I vow!  

"It is uncertain if he is selling them just yet seeing as the result is underwhelming. If he's distributing this drug to gain funds, then I presume, the final product may destroy a quirk permanently," Nighteye confirmed my thoughts earlier. If this goes on, not only will people lose their quirks, but a little child will be subjected to a continuous amount of torture. This has to stop!

"Then why didn't the kids save the girl then?" I glared at Rock Lock for saying those things. You can't really blame the kids. I'm sure they must have done what is the best course of action during that time.

"I take full responsibility so please don't blame them. They didn't know the extent of the circumstances but these two actually did take measures to save her. I'm sure that the ones hurting most out of all of us are these two," Nighteye is interrupted when the scraping of chairs is heard. The referred students are now standing with determination.

"The next time, for sure," the green-haired boy exclaim.

"We'll save her," the two of them shout with promise.

"That is indeed our goal," Nighteye assured them.

These young men, carrying the burden of a child not saved. I applaud them for they are indeed born to be great heroes, no doubt about that. My hand clenched into a fist, I also promise to make sure that the child will be saved no matter what. 

The topic changed to the plans for this mission. The reason why there are lots of heroes here is that to narrow down the list of where the girl might be kept. Nighteye's foresight is questioned but he insisted on using it when there are no more uncertainties.

"Virtual," I looked at Sir Nighteye as he called me, ignoring the looks of others.

"The reason why I summoned you, you must have now an idea," he continued. I nodded my head.
"I will gather intel and be part of the rescue team. Then, I assume I will handle the child afterward?" I answered.

"You got the latter part correct. However, we can't let you be part of the investigation nor the rescue team. The gathering of information is already handled. Although your expertise in this area is much needed, we don't want anything to happen to you during the rescue. We would prefer it if all your energy and focus will be directed to the child after she is saved. What we need is the daycare teacher in you."

I was a bit hesitant about this proposition. I want to locate the girl as quickly as possible and I want to be a part of the rescue team. But I know that what he said is true. There are a lot of things that can happen during a fight and I better not risk being absent at the girl's side after being rescued. My real work starts then and I will do my damn best to be by her side.

"I understand," I confirmed my part.
With that, Nighteye stood up and thanked us for our help.

•••

The thought of a three-hour drive back already exhausted me. I guess some coffee would do. I stepped towards the vending machine when I heard screaming. Walking closer, but making sure that I'm not visible, I sneak a peek. It was the forlorn UA students with Eraserhead. I heard that he is the homeroom teacher of the first years from Fatty earlier.

"But, Midoriya. You still haven't earned my trust back," the familiar monotone said.

"But unfortunately, if I were to cut you off now, it's all but guaranteed that you would leap to action anyway. So I'll watch over you." he continued.

I snickered quietly. Who would've thought that Eraserhead has this side of him? All I've heard is that he is strict and has a lot of students expelled. I didn't know that he could be caring also.

"Let's try to do things right this time, Midoriya. Understand, you little troublemaker?"

I glanced at this Midoriya. This kid might have been in trouble a lot of times. I smirked, looking back to a lot of memories about my 'reckless' actions when I was still in UA too. My teacher always says that I am a fighting machine. I was about to leave when he still continued on talking. 

"If it makes you feel better, when you reached out with those hands to help Eri, even though you failed, I bet you gave her some hope."

I looked at my own hands. My only hope is that these hands will also give her hope afterward to live a happy life after her rescue. I will surely be there for her to guide her and make happy memories together. I will help her with the trauma she has. I was once a little child that has only known pain and sadness. I do not wish upon her to have the childhood that I had. With my hands, I vow to save her from her nightmares and memories.

"I guess an underground hero is a great eavesdropper," surprised, I looked at the man that stood in front of me.

His tired eyes looked behind me and proceeded to the vending machine at the back. I followed him so I can have my coffee.

"I'm sorry about that. I got a little bit curious. I tend to just charge headfirst in things before even thinking..." I replied. 

"...and even after thinking about it, I'd do the same thing anyway," I mumbled scratching the back of my neck, a bit ashamed for acting out rashly. Damn, I feel like I'm in high school again explaining my actions to my teacher. Damn you, Eraser!

He scoffed quietly, "You are just like those kids. But then again, I think that's the reason why I believe they will become great heroes," he said flatly. He eyed the options available in the vendo before inserting some coins and picked his drink.

"I think they already are," I murmured without thinking. He suddenly looked at me. My body jerked from surprise. Up close, Eraserhead looks even shaggier- his hair is unkempt, his five o'clock shadow is growing and his tired eyes are quite unsettling especially when those same eyes are scrutinizing you. But all in all, that's what makes him rather attractive.

"I think you are right. What do you want to drink?"

Taken aback by his words, I've become a spluttering mess, "U-uh. C-coffee," I answered. Oh my goodness! This is so embarrassing. Damn you damn you, Eraser!

I cleared my throat to regain my composure, "Coffee, please. Thanks," I said more clearly as he got his drink and inserted a few more coins, and pressed the button for my own.

"I'll see you again when it's showtime," he turned away and left with his hand waving lazily without looking back.

I processed our conversation and realized that he might have complimented me also. No, (y/n)! He's just referring to those kids!

Anyway, what he said earlier added to my motivation to save Eri. It is now just a matter of time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 16.6K 52
This is the rewritten version of the first Insomnia. Plot is similar, but has major changes, and hopefully better. -•- [Y/N] [L/N], sleep-deprived an...
5.5K 218 35
(Spoilers for newest season and Vigilantes manga) Mariko doesn't remember her parents. She was anonymously sent to orphanage when her Quirk manifeste...
3.4K 131 12
(Y/N) Nanase, known to many as a sick, bedridden child that may never see the outside world. Due to her unknown sickness, she wasn't allowed to leave...
1.2K 5 47
~ "I saw you drop her off the other day. Knew you were her father. Shota, right?" "Mr. Aizawa. I'm a teacher here. And Eraser or Eraserhead outsi...