Serenedipity

بواسطة Unwritten_Angel

~•Serenedipity•~ ~Finding something good without looking for it• ~ Hana has been with the Yukihira family eve... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 5

1.5K 37 25
بواسطة Unwritten_Angel

Pink decorated the streets. The Sakura trees were fully bloomed. The scent of spring was everywhere as the students of Totsuki lined up in the large field. It was the High School Division Opening Ceremony. There were numerous students in the line, all of them were the ones who graduated from Junior High School. In front of them was a stage where a student was standing behind the microphone, carrying out her duty as the moderator of this ceremony. The ceremony had just started a few minutes ago and now they were presenting students.

"We now welcome our keynote speaker: the director of our Totsuki Academy, Nakiri Senzaemon-sama." the moderator stated.

"H-He's terrifying!" one student exclaimed.

"He has the entire Academy.....no, the entire Japanese food world.....under his thumb! He's the ultimate gourmand! Calling him a mafia don is an understatement!" another student said as the director of the academy stood in the middle of the stage, in front of the microphone that was on top of a table.

"He's the devil! The Devil of food!"

"Greetings. Congratulations on your advancement to the high school division. During your three years in the junior high school division, you have obtained a basic skill set in cooking and deepened your understanding of each ingredient. In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics including culinary theory, nutrition, public health, introductory agronomics, and management. Now, you're finally standing at the entrance to the high school division. The challenges you'll now face are not about your skills or knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional. 99 per cent of you.....are meant to be sacrificed for honing the remaining one per cent"

Senzaemon raised his finger and pointed towards everyone within the crowd, some looked really surprised, some stayed really calm. Among the thousands of people standing in the crowd, there was one who was laughing.

"He called them sacrifices. He's got quite a speech going, Bro." the dark brown-haired male commented.

"Yeah, you're right." the male with blond hair and blue eyes responded, uninterested. His focus was on something else.

"Of the 812 students who entered our high school division last year, only 76 advanced to the second year! Incompetence and mediocrity will be mercilessly excised from our student body. A thousand of first years will be whittled down to a hundred by next year, and we can count those who'll advance to graduation on one hand. Aspire to become one of the small handful of those professionals! It should be you! Hone yourself!" After a short silence, Senzaemon opened his mouth again.

"That is all." With that, he left the stage.

"All right!"

"I'm going to do this."

'This academy only has such strong name recognition because of the intense competition allowing only a select few to complete their education. Should one success in advancing to actual graduation, their stardom in the food world is assured for their remaining lifetime. but I pity those of you who're in the same generation as me. You have been destined to fight over who gets to be second place since the time you were born. The pinnacle of Totsuki Academy, and the Japanese food world, belongs to me, Nakiri Erina!' The blond-haired girl sat on one of the seats at the backstage and thought to herself.

"Finally we'd like to introduce two transfer students who'll be joining your ranks today."

Nakiri seemed surprised for a moment and thought to herself. 'So someone cut a different exam?' Her mind immediately drifted to what happened the day before. 'Yukihira.....Soma.....and Hana.....Hmph. Just the mere memory of it makes my blood boil. Nevermind all that. I'll never have to see them again.' She probably spoke too soon.

"Oh, sorry to be talking to y'all from up here." Soma chuckled and scratched his head nervously.

"Just be quick about it, please." the moderator stated.

"I'll keep it short and sweet, then. Just a couple of sentences." When Nakiri leaned in to listen, she immediately recognized that voice which belonged to Soma. She had a look of disbelief when she saw that Soma was actually standing there.

"Uh, I'm Yukihira Soma. To be honest, this academy's just a stepping stone for me! I wasn't expecting to transfer here, but I don't plan on losing to folks who've never actually served customers. Anyway, what I'm getting at is.....Basically, now that I'm here, I'm gonna take the number one spot!" With that, Soma walked towards the side and bowed.

"Looking forward to being with y'all for the next three years!" he said out loud, not using the microphone.

"You little....." someone from the crowd growled.

"Hey!"

"I'm going to kill you!" By now, the students were throwing various items at Soma who was on the stage.

"Die!" Soma ignored them and walked down casually.

"Wait a minute!"

"Phew, I managed not to bite my tongue" A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he entered a small tent where Erina was at and placed a hand on his chest. He then met the blond-haired girl who was already standing in front of him, sending him a questioning glare.

"Oh.....hey! You're the one from the exam! Uh, Nakiri, right?" Hearing Erina click her tongue in annoyance, Soma stepped closer towards the female.

"Man, that was nerve-wracking. It's not like I've ever had to stand up there to get awards or stuff like that. How was I? Was I weird?" the red-haired male questioned the female.

"Who cares about that?! Yukihira-kun! Why are you here?!" the female asked angrily.

"Huh? Why? Wouldn't you come if you got an acceptance letter?" Soma pulled out two papers from his shirt.

"How?!"

"Man, you had us scared shitless. You said it was disgusting. If it was good, you shoulda said so." Soma smiled at the female who seemed to be at lost and confused about the current situation.

"Wait a minute, did you say us?" she stated. Her eyes immediately darted towards the stage again but she took a few steps forward to make sure who was standing on the stage. Long brown hair flowing with the breeze, doe-like eyes but the most eye-catching of all and the item that made her recognize who it was, was the bright ribbon that was around her neck.

"I'm really sorry for his behaviour." Hana apologized for Soma and bowed, accidentally hitting her head onto the microphone, easily earning everyone's attention. The once noisy crowd turned towards her as she was rubbing her head in pain. It really hurt and she was certain that it left a red mark on her forehead. Eyes shut while whimpering and muttering curses, Hana opened your eyes and noticed that everyone was staring at her. She mentally scolded Soma for making everyone in the academy as his enemy, she wasn't sure if there was anyone out there who wants to be friends with her and Soma. Sighing, she looked at everyone and spoke.

"I have a few things to say. My name is Hana. Like what Soma said I don't intend on losing to any of you. Basically, now that I have the chance to enter this elite school, I'll make sure to advance to the next grade and graduate at the top. I'm looking forward to working with you all for the next three years!" With that, she bowed and left the stage.

"She's actually pretty cute."

"Our high school is getting better!"

Whispers were heard as Hana left the stage. Somehow, the crowd didn't react wildly to you. Even after saying cocky things like Soma. Hana left the stage and entered the tent where Soma was currently at. Sighing, she glared at the yellow-eyed male, with her hands on her hips.

"I highly suggest you to not make enemies on the first day of high school. You're really hopeless without me, Soma" She stated as the said male turned and grinned sheepishly while scratching the back of his head with a light blush on his facial features.

"Hehehe. But I seriously don't plan on losing to people who never served customers before. So, let's become the top in Totsuki Academy!" he cheered with a wide grin. Ignoring the heat rushing to her cheeks, she smiled back at the male. It was then Hana noticed a blond-haired girl standing behind Soma this whole time.

"Oh! Hello, Erina-chan!" Hana inched closer towards the girl.

"First Name basis?! Don't call me Erina-chan!" the blond-haired girl scolded, her cheeks puffing up, her cheeks flushed from anger and slight embarrassment. Hana chuckled at the girl's reaction as she placed her hands behind her back. Her eyes were focused on the one in front of her.

"So you decided to change your opinion? Thank god! I thought we were goners. If it was delicious, you could've just told us." Hana smiled as the wind started to blow at her direction, making her hair wave slightly. 'That's not it! That's not it! I rejected them!' Her mind immediately flashed back to the entrance exam that took place the day before. Erina was certain that she rejected both of them by mentioning that your dishes were disgusting.

The female gritted her teeth in anger but she was fully aware that by getting angry and lashing out her anger out at the both of them won't make them both go away. She stayed calm. With one swift movement, she brushed her long blond hair and looked at both of them with a serious expression.

"I'll say one thing! I haven't accepted both of you! Neither you nor your cooking! This is a mistake! A mistake, okay? You both came here to Totsuki because there was a mistake! Taking the number one spot? Don't make me laugh. Everyone who's been a student since junior high has been learning cutting-edge gastronomy! I can already tell that an outsider transfer student like you two wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating them!" Erina said and walked past both of them.

"Three years in junior high, huh....." Hana muttered blankly, without even making eye contact with the blond-haired girl. After hearing her quiet statement, she looked back instantly with a raised eyebrow.

"So?" she questioned.

"I first held a kitchen knife at age three. I've been practically living in the kitchen ever since for the past twelve years," he said as the wind blew his dark grey school uniform, revealing his Yukihira uniform.

"We can't let you smear mud on our restaurant by leaving after you said my cooking's disgusting. Just you wait! We'll make you say "delicious!" I'll use everything I've got in my cooking arsenal! Hang onto your seat, Nakiri Erina!".

About an hour later, classes had started and luckily, Hana was placed in the same class as Soma.

"You'll be splitting off into different classes and starting your coursework right off the bat. Today, you'll be cooking in pairs with your current partner. Got it?" the teacher announced as you stood beside Soma, glancing at the whole crowd who was glaring at Soma.

"Nice to meet you." Soma raised his hand and said to Megumi who was standing in front of Hana.

"Looking forward to working with you!" Hana grinned at her.

The blue-haired girl had a look of despair as she placed her hands on both of her cheeks. After swearing to herself that she won't go anywhere near the transfer students, Hana and Soma. 'Why?!' In the end, she had no choice but to go with it since it was the teacher's orders. Hana, Soma and Megumi stood in front of a kitchen table. Soma played with an onion on his right hand, tossing it upwards and catching it as gravity pulled it back down.

"Wow, the last time I cooking in a class was for home economics!" he stated, looking down at the items on the table.

"Hey, look." one of the students who were standing behind them spoke.

"Yeah." his partner nodded in response.

"It's the transfer student who was running his mouth off at the opening ceremony."

"He's all talk, anyway."

"Same here. I remembered the chocolates and cookie cakes we made together in middle school!" Hana exclaimed with a smile.

"However....."

"He's lucky to have such a cute girl by his side, looking after him."

"Tch. Lucky bastard."

Soma simply glared at those people who claimed Hana as cute. Ignoring the weird feeling of jealousy bubbling inside him, he watched as she looked down at the blue-haired girl that was supposedly working together with the two of them.

"So...Tadokoro Megumi-san, was it? Why are you writing the "man" character on your hand over and over?" Hana questioned curiously, watching the blue-haired girl crouch down and began writing "人" on her left palm with her right index finger. Hearing Hana's voice made her stop abruptly and avert her gaze towards her who was leaning forward, observing her closely and Soma who followed her gaze.

"Oh! Th-This is so that I won't get nervous," she said in a soft voice.

"Nervous? Why?" Soma blinked a couple of times at her statement.

"If I get even one more E rating, I'll get expelled," Megumi said in a disheartened tone.

"Huh. I'd heard this is an elite school, but I guess they have people like you." Soma's words practically pierced right through her when he said 'people like you.'

'And here I'd wanted to survive by keeping a low profile.....Now I'm paired with the transfer students of all people.' she thought to herself silently without saying anything aloud. You glanced at Soma who had his hands digging into the pocket of his apron and he looked at Megumi.

"That's harsh Soma. I'm sorry for his words, Tadokoro. I'm Hana. Feel free to call me whatever you think is suitable. And this is Yukihira Soma." Hana gestured towards the red-haired male who had a slightly apologetic smile on his features as he raised his hand.

"Soma's fine, though. Nice to meet you!" Soma grinned.

"We look forward to working with you, Tadokoro!" Hana smiled at the bluenette.

"Oh.....Nice to.....meet you, too. You can call me Megumi.....if you'd like." The girl glanced around the room sheepishly and kept her head down when she noticed something. 'The....the stares hurt. I wonder if they even noticed.' Megumi kept her head down, trying to ignore the stares they were giving, mostly directed to Soma and Hana.

"Attention!" the sudden arrival and the sudden voice made everyone in the kitchen to avert their gazes towards the one who spoke. An old gentleman with a stern face, piercing blue eyes and blonde hair swept back, entered the kitchen with a black book on his right hand. He was wearing a standard white chef's uniform with a red neckerchief.

"Good morning, my young apprentices." he said without even bothering to smile. Hana blinked confusingly as she heard French words roll off his tongue, she could already tell that he was in charge of the French Cuisine Division.

"Good morning" Everyone greeted him in a rather nervous voice.

"A.....A.....Appla tea?" Soma said in slight confusion. Just by that, anyone could tell that he didn't understand French at all. She too didn't understand that much.

"That's Roland Chapelle-sensei," Megumi said and began shaking a little while Hana frowned, feeling a little bit stupid for not knowing who he was but it didn't matter, all you had to do was listen to what he wants you to do. Averting your attention towards the teacher, you heard him continue.

"You'll become responsible for creating a delectable dish the moment you step into the kitchen. Neither experience nor status can excuse you from this duty. In my class, any dish that fails to deserve an A rating will automatically receive an E rating. Remember that." he said with a serious glare. Megumi seemed to have been affected at his short, brief speech. 'I've got the worst luck. I can't believe my very first class has to be with Chapelle, of all people.' Megumi thought to herself.

"That teacher looks scary. Is he always like that?" Hana questioned Megumi, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"He's notorious at Totsuki for being extremely strict with grades. Last year, he gave E ratings to all 50 students in his class, 18 of whom were expelled as a result of that rating. His nickname is The Chef Who Never Smiles." she explained and continued shaking at the thought of being expelled while Hana and Soma simply looked at the chef without saying anything about what the bluenette just said.

"Today's menu item is boeuf bourguignon. It is said to be a staple in French cuisine, but I'll put the recipe up on the whiteboard, anyway. Two hours is your time limit. Each team should serve the dish as soon as it's complete." Gasps left countless of students' lips after hearing that.

"Let us begin. Commencer la cuisine![1]" He raised his hand and motioned everyone to get to their cooking stations. Everyone immediately walks around, searching for ingredients and spices in the room. Meanwhile, Soma was still confused.

"Did he just say sainome ni kitta kyuri[2]?" Soma said, doing a poor imitation of Chapelle's French accent. Megumi sighed to herself, 'I just have to do this. Stay calm and nail each step.....Besides, Soma-Kun and Hana seemed pretty confident, too. I bet their cooking skills aren't too shabby—' As her thoughts landed at both Hana and Soma, she averted her eyes towards the both of you.

"Boeuf bour-what?"

"It's a French dish, right? Or Italian?"

"What?!" she screeched in utter surprise and shock.

"Soma-Kun, Hana-chan, you've never made it before?" she questioned, rather curiously. A part of her hoped that they both knew what they were assigned to make.

"Nope, haven't. It's basically like braised beef sinew, right? Well, I'm sure we'll manage." Soma replied as if it was not a big deal.

"We'll go a look at the recipe first, Megumi," Hana said and skipped towards the whiteboard with Soma walking beside her. Megumi averted her gaze and shook violently. Moving her hands, she clasped her head with her hands and an aura filled despair surrounded her. 'I might be screwed, after all.....' she silently thought to herself as Soma whistled while reading the recipe. Some students clicked their tongue's at Soma's carefree attitude. The other students were already roped into their work. Chopping garlic, carrots and cooking the beef on the pan.

Megumi was holding a wooden spoon and holding the panhandle with one hand each. 'Sauté mushrooms in butter before adding them to the pot.....Then you just simmer everything at low heat.....' The girl was doing everything by herself without even asking for your and Soma's help. Staring intensely at the pot in front of her, she made sure to time everything correctly 'Take the beef out in 40 minutes. Take the beef out in 39 minutes. Take the beef out in 38 minutes.' She stopped focusing when she heard Soma's voice.

"Tadokoro look! Look, so many spices!" Soma waved over towards you and Megumi.

"I feel like an idiot for being all anxious by myself." she sighed to herself. Hana smiled and chuckled.

"Don't be so tense, Megumi. You might get stressed. And stress happens because your body is reacting to negative patterns of thought." She said before turning around.

"I'll go get the potatoes!" Hana said before walking away from the bluenette.

"Oh, I should just get the serving dish while I can." With that, the girl left her station.

After a few minutes of looking through the spices in the cupboard, Soma walked back to his station whilst whistling to himself. Noticing the smoke coming out of the pot, his eyes darted around the room for a while. When he saw Hana walking back, he immediately pointed towards the half-open pot.

"Hana, did you open the lid?" he curiously questioned Hana.

"Huh? No. Megumi told me that we still have to simmer it for another 20 minutes." Hana stated and placed down the potatoes. Megumi who heard all of this approached the two of them and looked at the pot with a confusing look. Soma glanced around the room and noticed two students smirking at him. His eyes grew wide slightly as he turned around and reached for the lid of the pot. As he lifted the lid, steam rose from the bottom of the pot and the bubbling sound was heard.

"What?" Hana gasped lightly, noticing a major change in the beef that Megumi made.

"What's this white stuff?!" Megumi questioned worriedly. Soma took a small spoon from the table and moved it closer towards the white powder-ish ingredient that was placed on top of the piece of beef. The red-haired male moved the silver spoon towards his mouth and licked the white unidentified ingredient. After a few seconds, he immediately responded to Megumi's question. Hana, on the other hand, walked towards another area of the kitchen, thinking of something else.

"It's salt," Soma replied.

"How?! Wh-What are we going to do?! We can't use this meat anymore! We'll have to start over! But it takes more than an hour to tenderize and season the meat! Then we have to braise the meat in the sauce for at least half an hour so that the flavours mingle. We only have 30 minutes left.....But if we serve this salt-caked dish, we'll get an E rating for sure." the bluenette was on the verge of tears when she realized there wasn't any hope for her to fix her grades. She will be expelled from school. Her mind immediately flashed back to the events two years ago when her family and friends sent her off with a smile and high expectations.

Holding the red good luck charm for Academic Success, she let her salty tears fall freely. 'Mom.....Sorry, guys.....I'm done for.' The girl let out soft whimpers while holding her charm with her two hands. Soma paced a hand on his chin, thinking off a way to fix this problem.

"I got spare ingredients," Hana stated and placed a tray of ingredients onto the table.

"Huh?" Megumi glanced at Hana as she untied her ribbon from her neck, Smiling at the girl, tied her hair up the charm dangling in her hair.

"You're not going to get expelled from this school. Keep your tears in your pocket for another time. We're going to remake this dish." Hana stated and turning towards Soma and handing him jar smiling at him. Soma understood what she was planning and squeezed her into a quick hug in excitement, he planted a kiss on her head. "Good Job, Hana!!" The colour of the girl's face was matching with Soma's hair as a warm feeling spread through her.

"All right, let's put our game face on." the red-haired male stated as he started unwrapping the headband on his left wrist.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: Hey everyone! Sorry for going MIA but I had my exams! But now that, they are over!! I'm BACK!!! Hope you like the chapter and thank you for reading!!

Random Fact: Banging your head against a wall for an hour burns 150 calories. Alternatively, you can walk your dog for 45 minutes, which also burns 150 calories – and is much less painful.

Random Fact about Food: Bananas are actually classified as berries, while strawberries are members of the rose family. Here are some seriously cool facts about bananas!

Bananas can float in waterBananas can help improve your mood and lower blood pressureRubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite can help keep it from itchingHumans share about 50% of their DNA with bananas!

Random Riddle: When you bend me I'm kind
                                    But I'm very hard to find
                                    I'm easily sold
                                    and rhyme with this when told

                                          What am I?

If you liked it make sure to VOTE,COMMENT AND FOLLOW!!

Be safe and take care of yourself !

Love,

Unwritten_Angel

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

25.3K 754 40
Cooking is his specialty, his passion, and his purpose. Shiro, the older sister, will always support her little brother no matter what. Sometimes Shi...
74.4K 2.1K 37
"Don't you get it? I chose you. I fucking chose you over everything else because you're special to me. I chose you, because I love you!" A story wher...
222K 5.4K 28
Being a chef is hard enough. Being the daughter of an asshole of a Dad is even harder. What Dad makes disgusting dishes and acts like a child 90% of...
989K 38.2K 108
Shokugeki no Soma Various x Female Reader. It was a normal day for you, Quarantine was really boring and it was already 7 in the morning. You just ma...