๐๐‹๐”๐“๐Ž | KUROO TETSUROU

By lovinglyaurora

โ”โ”โ”โ” kuroo tetsurou. it's funny how the world works sometimes; one minute you are at your peak, the next you... More

00 : POLAR OPPOSITES.
01 : A WARM WELCOME.
02 : MORNING LOVE LETTERS.
03 : ONE AFTERNOON.
04 : HEART-RACING MOMENTS.
05 : MANAGERIAL ROLES AND SMILES.
06 : THE CATS ARE HOME.
07 : PAIN-INDUCING SKETCHES.
08 : COMMENCE.
09 : THE BATTLE OF THE TRASH HEAP.
10 : BONDS.
11 : OPEN AND SUBTLE DECLARATIONS.
12 : SUPERMARKET ENCOUNTERS.
13 : PEACH AND RAINBOW CAKES.
14 : OUR CONTENDERS.
15 : SPONTANEOUS HEART-STOPPERS.
16 : THE CATS' REVIVAL.
17 : INTO THE FRAY.
18 : THE VICTORS.
19 : YOU'RE FINE.
20 : A TICKLISH HEART.
21 : THE ARRIVAL OF HAIBA LEV.
22 : THREE SYLLABLES.
23 : HIGH TEMPERATURES.
24 : THE START OF THE TRAINING CAMP.
25 : FIRST TIME.
SPECIAL CHAPTER : A 10K TREAT.
26 : POUNDING OPPORTUNITIES.
27 : MOONLIGHT MELODY.
29 : GENUINE HAPPINESS.
30 : DRAWING TO A CLOSE.
31 : SOFTEST LINGER.
32 : MOMENTS THAT TRANSCEND TIME.
33 : THE FIRST DAY.
34 : SIMPLE STRENGTH.
35 : FIGHTING FOR HAPPINESS.
36 : TO MY YOUTH.
37 : SPRING, EARTH, AND IRON CHEERFULNESS.
38 : FLOWER-AND-FRUIT-SCENTED CONNECTIONS.
39 : A SPARKLING SKY OF SHOOTING STARS.
40 : NARROWING THE SPACE.
41 : THE PROMISE OF LINGERING SPARKS.
42 : MISSING COLORS.
43 : GREETINGS OF EXHILARATION.
44 : THE CATS AGAINST THE WORLD.
45 : GLORIFIED.
FIN : WE DESERVE A HAPPY EPILOGUE, MY LOVE.
BONUS CHAPTER 1 : SUNRISE.
not an update !!

28 : SANCTUARY.

7.6K 306 143
By lovinglyaurora

TW // PANIC ATTACKS.

"You're glowing more than usual."

Yukimi blinked from behind the counter, stopping herself from giving Nishinoya the second serving he was excited for, only to curiously look at her childhood friend. Daichi was standing in front of her with an empty plate, his knowing grin sending chills down Yukimi's spine. This gave her flashbacks every time she was keeping something from their friendship only for him to have correct guesses on her secrets. And it would always baffle Yukimi that Daichi was showing what her mom was best at ー being a parent. How far do his parental instincts go?

Then, flashes of stargazing kisses, watermelon sodas, and effervescent grins flickered through Yukimi's mind, making her flush a pretty shade of rouge pink, a soft smile crinkling the corners of her eyes. Thinking that she may look like someone who just got her first kiss taken by the boy she has feelings for, the medium-haired girl straightened herself, her caramel irises never meeting Daichi's eyes. "WーWhat are you talking about, Daichi?" she muttered, making herself busy by taking the captain's tray from his hands and filling them with the right amount of nutrients. Taking a glance at her childhood friend, she handed the tray full of food with a practiced bright smile. "Here you go, captain, enjoy your meal!"

Daichi laughed at how Yukimi wanted to change the subject. Taking his breakfast with him, the brown-haired boy only shook his head with a smile, already knowing what's behind Yukimi's glowing complexion. He took a glimpse at the table housing some of the Nekoma players, amusingly observing a certain messy-haired captain radiating the same gleam based on his loud laughter and occasional glances at the dark-haired girl now serving another player. Fixing his attention to Yukimi again, Daichi gave a slight wave, "Okay, I won't pry anymore. Besides, I think I have an idea of why you're getting prettier day by day."

Yukimi rose an eyebrow. "I don't even want to know what's going inside your head right now. For all I know, they're far-fetched and I am not even going to comment anymore."

"Whatever you say, Yuki-chan," Daichi told her before giving a warm smile that reminded Yukimi of her father, stopping the girl from tending to the other players still lining up to get second servings of breakfast. "I'm happy that you found someone who won't hesitate to show how much he adores and cares for you. I'm sure you two will last."

It made Yukimi's heart pound. Only mustering a nod, the girl looked down and immersed herself in helping the other managers clean up. While loading some of the bowls and used silverware in the dishwasher, Yukimi's mind drifted in a countless stream of thoughts all revolving the magical night she shared with Kuroo. In books, usually when two people share something so special, it would mean that they were now connected in some sort of way that one understands what makes the other tick. Dramas hold so much romance that watching it will always make Yukimi wish for a love like what is depicted behind the screen, especially the parts where the main couples share a kiss, thus, igniting a heart-pounding relationship. Yes, they kissed like what happened in dramas and they share a connection like in books but the next thing to tick off is finding out where their relationship stands.

I'm endlessly falling for you.

I like you so much to the point I'm losing words.

Holy shit.

She confessed. How did she forget that detail?

Yukimi mentally groaned while cursing at how she didn't think before talking. The rest of the morning was spent helping out the managers and staying beside the coaches during the practice matches. Now, she was starting to think that watching her team play was torturous because Kuroo would use every chance he gets to look at her with heart-stopping smiles and winks ー mostly after successfully blocking or spiking. Now it was their match against Karasuno and Nekoma and Yukimi couldn't concentrate on spectating the match, based on the current page of her notebook, empty except for the final score of the match and date.

When Karasuno went outside of the gymnasium to carry out the penalty drills, Nekomata turned to Yukimi. "Did something happen, Yukimi?" he asked worriedly, his arms crossed on his chest. His eyes took a glance at the notebook on the girl's lap before fixing yet another concerned gaze to the girl. "You seem to be out of it lately. Are you not feeling well?"

Naoi was also curious about the older coach's question so he paused behind Yukimi to look over at the manager's notebook, understanding the situation soon after. "Yukimi-san might be in a slump," he told Nekomata. "I think you should take a rest. You've been working nonstop since the last days of classes."

The medium-haired girl waved her hand while shaking her head. "I'm alright, Coach Nekomata, Coach Naoi," she reassured them, never forgetting to end her statement with a smile. Standing up from her seat, the caramel-eyed girl bowed a little to the two coaches. "I'll be distributing the water bottles and towels. I promise to work twice as much in the next practice matches to make up for the lack of observation in the match with Karasuno."

Nekomata grinned, his worries about the girl's health flying temporarily, knowing that she was feeling fine. "Of course, Yukimi, we'll entrust you with that!"

Nodding slightly before turning around to hand out the water bottles to her club members, Yukimi hummed a little under her breath, doing her managerial duties like clockwork. It definitely kept her mind off things that would render palpitations to her chest but when the object of her affections stood in front of her, she immediately knew she was tongue-tied, with her eyes staring up at Kuroo's golden ones. That moment, Yukimi was like a moth drawn to a flame because the next thing she knew she was standing on her tip-toes and brushing her lips against Kuroo's jaw. It was the most natural thing to do after watching him execute their plays tremendously from the sidelines. With a smile, she told him, "That was a nice game you had with Karasuno."

Kuroo, who looked like he got the biggest shock, composed himself and returned the warm smile Yukimi gave him. "Even though we won by ten points, I still get chills knowing that they have something up their sleeve," he lightheartedly laughed. "They're evolving at a fast pace, that's for sure." Unconsciously, Kuroo wrapped an arm around her waist, gently pulling her close to him. "How was your day so far?" He murmured against her hair as he was hugging her to his chest, Yukimi's flower-scented shampoo tingling his nostrils.

"It was good," Yukimi giggled, scrunching up her nose since Kuroo continued leaving light kisses on her face. "I slept well last night and I'm feeling extra happy today. I think I can go for a few days without my medicine."

As Yukimi listed things that she might do in her free time during the training camp, like answer some of the summer homework or review the books they bought on their date, Kuroo kept staring at her with his heart fluttering against the walls of his chest. How can he be so lucky, was what he thought, to have the girl he was longing for reciprocating his feelings and looking at him like he is the only one existing in the world. Not caring that his team and some players might be watching inconspicuously, Kuroo slowly leaned in, his eyes staring straight through Yukimi's caramel ones.

"Tetsu?" Yukimi asked him curiously in a whisper, the nickname tickling Kuroo's heartstrings.

The messy-haired boy gulped down the knot forming inside his throat. "Hana, can I kiss you?"

With one hand placed on Kuroo's chest and another on his cheek, Yukimi warmly smiled. "Of course, you can, you don't have to ask."

With that, their lips met. If their kiss last night was filled with longing that was stretched on for years, the kiss they were sharing at the moment spoke of the softest feelings they have for each other. It was only a light kiss since the two of them were in a public place but that didn't stop Kuroo as he shifted his head to the side, giving Yukimi another heart-stopping kiss. Slowly pulling away from the medium-haired girl, the golden-eyed boy placed his forehead against hers, his voice dropping in a low register so that only she could hear it.

"I'm so in love with you it hurts."

This made Yukimi's heart pound loudly, her eyes tearing up at the intensity of affections the messy-haired boy showed. How can she be so lucky that there was someone in her life who appreciated her existence for the short amount of time they spent with each other? She couldn't grasp the thought that for the years she partially enjoyed in Nekoma, there was this boy who chose to like her despite the many things people assumed of her, that someone would like a person who doesn't have any concrete friends and who only focused on her studies. With misty eyes, Yukimi met Kuroo halfway to give him a brush of her lips, murmuring, "I may not know what love feels like but I'm sure that what I'm feeling whenever you're around," she paused to stare give him a warm smile, "I'm pretty sure that's what it is."

Kuroo gently smiled before giving Yukimi a quick kiss on the nose. "Damn, Hana, you're making so happy right now."

"And you're the reason why I'm happy every day."

From various parts of the gymnasium, everyone couldn't believe their eyes. Kenma was smiling openly, his eyes brightening at the sight of his two friends and his hand forming a celebratory fist. Taketora dropped his water bottle and screamed disbelievingly, which captured the attention of Nekoma's first-years, who curiously followed his gaze, only to have their faces flush at the scene. Yaku, who was standing not too far from the pair, turned to Kai and shook the vice-captain's shoulders rapidly, screaming that their captain and manager finally got together. The dark-skinned boy in turn proudly smiled at the obvious start of the pair's relationship, happy that they knew about it while it was early since the libero casually told him one time that Kuroo might hide it when Yukimi becomes his girlfriend. Even Nekomata and Naoi slightly rejoiced that two members of their valuable club got past the 'secret gesture' stage, wherein either half of the pair would give light touches in secret during practices.

"Did you see that, Akaashi?!" Bokuto shouted from their part of the court, pointing at Kuroo and Yukimi, who were still talking to themselves. "Kireimi-chan and Kuroo just kissed! Man, that rooster sure is lucky." The gray-haired Fukurodani captain visibly drooped as he stared at the couple with sad eyes, wishing that a partner like Yukimi will grace his life in the future.

"Bokuto-san, I think it's rude if you keep looking at them like that," Akaashi reminded him but also joining the owlish captain in glancing at the couple.

"Yuki-chan is now a lady!" Daichi proudly announced when his team entered the gymnasium the moment Kuroo and Yukimi shared their intimate moment. "I can't believe that she's so grown-up now. Man, I can't help but tear up a little bit."

"You sound like her dad, Daichi-san," Tskushima voiced out from beside the crying captain. He diverted his gaze to where the Nekoma team had their short break, shifting his attention to the medium-haired girl who he guessed was the one who suggested him to join the extra training period with the people in the third gymnasium. Raising an eyebrow, he murmured as he continued to stare at Yukimi's smiling face, "Is it something to be celebrated about anyway?"

"It is!" Tanaka exclaimed after visibly admiring how Kuroo wooed Yukimi. "Every start of a blossoming relationship should be celebrated!"

Tsukishima looked away from Yukimi and blankly stared at the animated wing spiker, his voice carrying a slight curl of a tease. "I bet you never experienced that, Tanaka-san."

"Why this little shit of a beanpole!"

"Tanaka, lower your voice!"

After a hectic morning full of practices, Yukimi was outside alongside Kiyoko and Yachi, holding trays of watermelon slices. The parents from Shinzen High immediately delivered them tons of watermelons when they knew that it was the week of the training camp. The managers all excused themselves from the gymnasium when they were informed of the surprise delivery, making their way to the cafeteria to slice the huge fruits into hand-held sizes. While they were enjoying their time with each other, Yukimi gained a couple of remarks that she smelled like watermelon, which was something that flustered her as she tried to cut a portion of the fruit. A few moments later, Yukie came from behind her to hug her out of the blue since she has an affinity for anything watermelon as well, saying that Yukimi is her personal reliever since her fruity scent was never strong. Laughter was apparent in the cafeteria and it warmed Yukimi's heart.

Now, Yukimi flashed a smile as Kenma headed for her to get his watermelon slice, Hinata and Lev following behind him as they chattered loudly about random things. The medium-haired girl was relieved that she reserved small pieces of a huge watermelon slice since Kenma always had a small appetite. "Here you go, Kenma," she told the second-year, handing him the small slice of the dewy fruit.

The setter instantly smiled at the small portion, mentally overjoyed that the dark-haired girl was thoughtful, unlike his childhood friend who would use every opportunity to make him eat more (since he should grow for his age, was what that rooster always said). Taking the small triangle of watermelon, Kenma flashed a small smile that reached his eyes, "Thank you, Yukimi-san."

"You're welcome, Kenma," she replied. "You should eat it when Kuroo's not around and if I ever have an idea that he'll be making you eat more, I'll stop him." With a small smirk, Yukimi lightly winked at the two-toned boy, to which he mentally beamed at. Turning to the person next to Kenma, the manager handed the first-year middle blocker his portion of the fruit. "Here you go, Lev."

"Thank you, kirei-senpai!"

As the watermelon slices on Yukimi's tray were gradually given to some of the volleyball players close to her, the medium-haired girl was surprised when a small bite-sized piece of the fruit appeared in front of her mouth. Furrowing her brows in confusion, the caramel-eyed girl followed the hand waiting for her to take a bite of the fruit until Nekoma's standard black t-shirt came into view and the all-too-familiar half-lidded golden gaze greeted her sight. Tucking her bangs behind her ear, Yukimi placed her hand on Kuroo's wrist before taking a bite of the watermelon. It wasn't Yukimi's favorite fruit but when the dewy texture became sweet inside her mouth made the medium-haired girl look up at the middle blocker with sparkling eyes.

"I get why you're so crazy about this fruit," Yukimi muttered, still chewing on the small slices Kuroo kept giving her. "It's really sweet."

Kuroo grinned, waiting for her to finish the current piece before looking down on his large slice and ripping out a small part of the red fruit. "You should eat more," he told her after she once again ate the watermelon from his hand, making him smile a little at how adorable she looked. Being the worrywart he is, Kuroo continued feeding her until she told him that she felt full. From this, he rose an eyebrow, taking in her small figure, not that he was complaining about how small she is, in fact, she looked perfect but Kuroo wanted to show how much he cared for her wellbeing by feeding her some more. "Okay, this is the last piece." When he successfully made Yukimi eat the large slice of watermelon he intended to be his, he met the girl's smirking face. "Oh, don't look at me like that, I'm making sure you have your nutrients."

Yukimi rolled her eyes jokingly. "You're starting to make me like watermelon, never knew I get to see the day," she told him.

The messy-haired boy rose both of his eyebrows in surprise. "You don't like watermelon?"

When Yukimi lightly shook her head and answered, "I don't like fruits in general sometimes," Kuroo was confused. The girl's favorite beverage was a fruit-infused milk. Her perfume was the fruit people were enjoying at the moment. The food she was always ordering in cafés were cake topped with fruits. Since the boy in front of her showed a variant of expressions on his face, all of them she was assuming was pondering on why she didn't like fruits when she enjoyed them on other things, Yukimi quickly continued, "I prefer it to be mixed with something. Yes, I like the scent and some of them are my perfume but as for the sliced fruits, I just eat them when I'm sick."

"Well," Kuroo murmured, taking a small piece of watermelon and carefully eating it. "I'm going to be the one responsible for making you like fruits so you have your vitamins in check. I'd be sure to drop by your house some other time with Kenma so you can eat your fruits regularly because I think," he trailed off to pinch her cheek affectionately with his clean hand, "that's the reason why you're always sick, Hana! You didn't even finish the platter of sliced fruits when Kenma and I visited last time."

"Okay, okay," Yukimi laughed, taking Kuroo's hand from pinching her cheek and holding it, intertwining her fingers with his. "I'll keep that in mind so you don't have to worry about me."

"You're always the one suggesting the diet composition to the team so now I'll return the favor by being your nutritionist," Kuroo replied, his smile growing bigger. "You deserve to be taken care of, too, you know."

Yukimi's heart swelled with warmth, making her stand on her toes to kiss Kuroo on the cheek. "I'll take care of your smartass self, too," she joked, making the two of them laugh. Then, she remembered something when her gaze gravitated behind Kuroo, eyebrows furrowed at the sight of Tsukishima hastily going back to the gymnasium after one slice of watermelon. Turning back to Kuroo, who affectionately trailed his gaze over her features, Yukimi blinked at the intensity of the boy's stare, momentarily forgetting what she was going to say since Kuroo looked good under the summer sun. Shaking herself from admiring his honey-colored skin and golden gaze, she told him while nodding at the direction of the blond, "I think somebody's still bothered with what happened last night in the third gymnasium."

Kuroo followed her gesture, turning his head to the side to look at Karasuno's glasses guy, and instantly understanding what the girl meant. Lightly groaning in another round of guilt, the messy-haired boy placed his chin on her head, pouting as he voiced out, "I'm going to apologize to Karasuno's captain, who is coincidentally your best friend, the one person I don't want to be in their bad graces because," he paused for a moment to tenderly kiss her nose, "I'm finally dating you and you mean so much to him. I mean, if someone were to date Kenma, they have to go past my extensive questioning just for me to approve them so I get how Sawamura-kun feels."

"That aside," Yukimi trailed of expectantly, her eyebrow raised and anticipating a certain reason as to why Kuroo needed to apologize to Daichi or better, to Tsukishima.

The golden-eyed boy groaned. "I will apologize because that's what I was supposed to do after provoking glasses boy," Kuroo explained in a rush.

Yukimi proudly nodded at him, lightly pushing his chest to steer him towards Daichi's direction. "Go," she reminded him softly. "I'll be right here waiting."

With a quick kiss on the girl's forehead, Kuroo purposely went to where some of the Karasuno players were eating their watermelon slices. Once he reached the bottom of the 'refreshing hill', the messy-haired captain smiled his easygoing grin. "Sorry, by the way," he announced to the group, catching the attention of Daichi, Asahi, and Tanaka, stopping them from taking more bites of their watermelons.

Daichi tilted his head a little to the right, confused at the apology that sprung out of the blue. "About what?"

"I think I might have pissed off your glasses guy yesterday," Kuroo explained. When Daichi still held confusion on his face, Kuroo took it upon himself to sit slightly in front of the trio and relayed to them what happened during free practice the night before. With a hand under his chin, he told them, "You see, we invited him to our free practice along with that horned-owl bastard there," he nodded his head towards Bokuto, who was enjoying another round of watermelon from Yukimi. "And after a couple of minutes full of joking taunts, he finally gave in and helped us," he paused to sigh a little yet his eyes never wavered from following Yukimi, "but I might have said a few things and it involved your shrimpy middle blocker, I never knew it would snap something inside that glasses guy of yours, my bad."

"Wow," Daichi marveled. "Tsukishima actually helped with free practice even if you cornered him to it. What exactly did you say to him that involved Hinata?"

Tearing his gaze from Yukimi, Kuroo lazily glanced at where Hinata was shooting watermelon seeds alongside Lev. "I provoked him and said that he was going to lose to your shrimp over there."

Asahi looked up to the clouds thoughtfully. "I've definitely noticed that Tsukishima felt inferior to Hinata somehow. It always looked like Hinata's job was to be in the spotlight while Tsukishima assigned himself a job to keep Hinata out of trouble when they're on opposite sides of our rotation."

Tanaka gulped down a mouthful of watermelon before talking. "I'm not sure if this is relevant but from what my sister told me, Tsukishima has an older brother who was once a member of the club back in the days." From this, the three third-years paying attention to what he was saying turned to him with interest etched on their faces, even Kuroo stopped placing his chin on his hand just to get a gist of the conversation.

"Wait, Tsukishima has an older brother?" Daichi asked, surprised at the new information.

"But I'm not too sure about it," Tanaka assured them, waving his hand in front of his unfinished watermelon slice. "They could just have the same last name and not be related."

"Hey, we're about to start!" Sugawara called out to them with a hand cupped around his mouth.

The three third-years stood up from their seats and murmured similar encouragement to each other, leaving Tanaka to finish his watermelon slice in a flurry of quick bites. Kuroo calmly walked in front of the Karasuno players, his face brightening at Yukimi's smiling mien waiting for him in front of the gymnasium's doors. With a low 'hey', Kuroo casually wrapped an arm around the girl's waist, leading her inside the gymnasium for the already-starting afternoon practice games.

After another day of the training camp ended, Yukimi found herself buried in work while staying for a couple of minutes inside the gymnasium as the other teams dispersed, it might be that they were going to have an early dinner or stay a little for free practice. With the number of reports she was supposed to finish and hand to Nekomata, the medium-haired girl never stopped herself from writing on a clean sheet of paper on the moderate changes she noticed on Nekoma's dynamic during some of the practice games. These are one of those times where she wished she worked this at home since her laptop was just an arm away from her and all the writing strained her arm.

Tilting her head back a little bit, Yukimi let out a small sigh, a thousand thoughts weighing on her mind. It was tempting for her to excuse herself from supervising Kuroo's free practice, skip dinner (which she was doing a lot lately), take a nice bath, and wrap herself in her thick blanket and just let sleep have its course in her system. Envisioning the breathing animations her mother told her to watch, the medium-haired girl closed her eyes and breathed in a steady rhythm, isolating herself from the gymnasium and exchanging her anxiety for an image of a purple meadow under the night sky in her mind ー her mental sanctuary. It was something that was suggested to her by a therapist she visited last year, when one of her breaking points nearly made her give up. A safe space that is, was what the therapist said, a place where she felt most at ease and will serve as something that would alleviate her worries. She can stay as long as she wants to in that space but she passed out in year two when she followed that advice so Yukimi noted that it might take a toll on her health, mentally and physically, if she overdid it.

Opening her eyes, with the lights making her caramel irises glow, Yukimi slowly blinked. "I need my medicine," she murmured under her breath as she loosely held the pen in her right hand. Then, as if through magic, the one thing she never knew she needed kneeled in front of her, looking at her like she was the only one existing in his eyes. "Tetsurou?" The syllables of his name flowed through like a breeze, her eyes becoming teary all of a sudden.

Kuroo's eyes slowly widened when he saw the tears building up in her eyes. Panicking, he reached out to cup her cheeks, his thumbs wiping the escaping drops ever so softly. "Hey, hey," Kuroo whispered to her, his head looking up at her ducked visage, her hair acting like a curtain to hide her breaking down in the gymnasium. "Hana?" He carefully called out to her but the dullness in her eyes continued as she let out tiny sobs. "Shit, come here." Sitting beside her on the bench, Kuroo wrapped both of his arms around her, his head resting against hers and dropping kisses occasionally. "Hana, follow my breathing."

A couple of minutes before Kuroo approached Yukimi, Kenma noticed something was wrong when their manager sat down on one of the benches positioned at the sides of the gymnasium. So with that, he requested Yaku to keep an eye on Yukimi, with the libero worriedly looking at the girl and giving her space, while the setter instantly race-walked to the nearest vending machine. Seeing as there wasn't any banana milk, Kenma picked a regular box of milk and immediately went inside the first gymnasium. As he walked to where the pair was situated, his gaze met with Kuroo's. Trying to pass a message that he hoped he wasn't intruding, Kenma lifted the small box of milk until he stopped right next to the couple, with his childhood friend subtly nodding.

"Hana," Kuroo softly murmured. "Kenma has something for you."

"Yukimi-san," Kenma said in his usual soft-spoken voice that seemed to soothe Yukimi's tense posture. Crouching down in front of her, the setter tentatively showed the beverage to Yukimi's line of vision. "There wasn't any banana milk in the vending machine so I bought you this."

Yaku, who was watching the scene from afar, decided to approach the trio. Right when Yukimi decided to lift her head from Kuroo's shoulder, the libero reached out a hand to gently pat the girl's head as she sipped on her drink. Without asking anything, Yaku transferred his hand from her head down to her back, rubbing random patterns that the girl found relaxing. Silence enveloped the quartet, with Kenma never taking his eyes off the manager, Yaku doing his job in alleviating the tense air surrounding his friend, and Kuroo playing with Yukimi's fingers, intertwining them tenderly. However, this peace was then interrupted when Bokuto shouted from across the gymnasium.

"Kurooー!"

"Aw, man," Kuroo voiced out.

"Hey, I didn't even say anything yet!" Bokuto yelled.

The messy-haired boy sighed under his breath, contemplating that he should skip free practice for the night to stay and keep Yukimi some company.

"Tetsu, you can go practice," the aforementioned girl told him with a small smile.

"Butー"

"I'm going to be fine," she reassured him, squeezing his hand to punctuate what she told him. "Besides, I have the rest of the team to keep me company." At that, Kenma nodded and Yaku grinned from beside the girl. "So go, Bokuto-san might be getting impatient if you're leaving him hanging."

Kuroo stared at her for a long while before giving her kisses on her forehead and cheeks since he was becoming self-conscious at the catlike stares his teammates were giving him, almost as if both of them were asking for him to kiss her on the lips just for them to scold him for that. But surprised was an understatement when Yukimi gently laced her hand through his hair, pulling him down to lightly kiss him on the lips and parting from him with a smile. He murmured under his breath with his forehead placed against hers, "I'll be back, okay?" He then lingered his gaze at the setter, who was now standing up, and the libero, who was rolling his eyes endearingly at the two.

"Relax, Kuroo, we'll take care of her," Yaku told him before looking at Kenma. "Right, Kenma?"

The two-toned boy nodded. "We'll play games together in the shared rooms until lights-out."

"Okay," Kuroo uttered, but not before giving Yukimi a final kiss on the crown of her head and jogging to where Bokuto and Akaashi were waiting for him.

Yaku then gently pulled on Yukimi's hand with a bright smile. "Come on, Yuki-chan, let's have an early dinner! This will be the first time almost everyone on the team agreed to have dinner together."

Throughout the whole night, the caramel-eyed girl allowed herself to be surrounded by the people she never knew would accept her despite how run-down she is. Laughter twinkled through the night as Yukimi slowly detached herself from her mental sanctuary and started to appreciate how the Nekoma team treasured her in their individual ways, letting herself be wrapped around the blanket that are the connections between the members and tangling with each other as they shared stories in a small huddle. Even Kuroo, who was not present inside the shared room, continued to think about Yukimi and adding her name to their conversation in the third gymnasium.

("Just a club?" Bokuto lowly asked. "That almost sounds like someone's name!"

"Ooh, like Yukimi club?" Kuroo dumbly included. "I would be the president of that club if it exists, no doubt about that.")

Maybe, Yukimi never showed her dependence on her medicine for the first time in a year, taking it right before she cozily slept, with her mind letting her have one of the most peaceful slumbers she experienced in her life.

ASKING FOR HELP AND SHOWING EMOTIONS IS STRENGTH, OKAY? ILY AND STAY HEALTHY, WHETHER PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE SO LOVED BY THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.

BESIDES, YOU HAVE ME TO LOVE YOU 🧡🧡🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 274 45
**A revival of the fanfiction moved from my old account.** You hated reality. You hated yourself and what you did. You hated everything, and you just...
5.8K 129 11
Sleeping didn't come as easy as it used to. Bokuto knew this, and now Akaashi did, too. The hospital AU that no body asked for, but that I took upon...
208K 5.3K 19
โž ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐‡๐„๐‘ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐’๐Ž๐Œ๐„๐Ž๐๐„ ๐Ž๐“๐‡๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐€๐ ๐Œ๐„ ๐Š๐„๐„๐๐’ ๐Œ๐„ ๐”๐ โž ใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒป-๏ผ๏ผ๏ผโ˜… ๐˜ผ๐™ ๐™–๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™ž ๐™ญ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๏ฟฝ...
24.6K 1K 63
เผ„ ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–Ž๐–†; "I've lost many things in life; time, love, sanity- I'm about to lose my sanity. Without you here, it feels empty and seclude...