Hello, My Name Is...Beautiful

By Unpolished_Jen

What would you do if your sister died and asked you to protect her best friend? You would protect her, right... More

Open your eyes
Prologue:A night of nightmares
Three days later:Chapter 1
Turns out..Chapter 3
The absence:Chapter 4
The proposition is launched:Chapter 5
Promises in the air: Chapter 6
A lack of color:Chapter 7
Rolling in the Deep:Chapter 8
Shouldn't have believed:Chapter 9
An in hour:Chapter 10(Part 1)
An in hour: Chapter 10 (part 2)
We are who we are: Chapter 11

Unexpected Visit:Chapter 2

1K 29 15
By Unpolished_Jen

Previous cliff hanger

Now, I have to get in there before anything happens. I pleaded with myself. I turned the knob and walked in.

---

[Third person POV]

Hector pulled Tom off of the bed and pushed him on to the floor. He looked back where he saw Jennifer by the door. Damn it, he thought. Why is she always coming around and why is she visiting Tom? I thought she was Sophie's best friend. Probably, she's the one that told her to pick up her books at the library and that is where Jennifer and Tom's plan will be set. It's always the damn innocent ones.

"Well, well if isn't Jennifer."  Tom answered looking at her shaved pale legs that were quivering in fear and going up all the way to her pale face.She's dressed in a ME! Knit Top with white long sleeves covering her light olive skin with a Woven Linen Skirt at the bottom and wore Smarty Oxford Flats. She was known to wear things out of fashion."You want some, too? Goodness, these shy girls are just shy towards you people because they're just shy to admit their feelings they have towards me." He joked.

"Shut the fuck up." Hector ordered looking up at Jennifer. "Why are you here?"

"I heard you saying you were going to kill him." She answered innocently. "And I won't let that happen."

"Why do you care? He killed your best friend who was my only sister!" He exclaimed getting a grip of Tom's red shirt that he wore at the library.

"You see, she knows she wants me." He laughed with a heavy cough.

"What the hell did I just fucking say?" He exclaimed punching him in the face.

Jennifer ran to him and held his elbow in order for him to not punch him, again. "Stop it!" She yelled.

"Give me one good reason." He turned to her and looked into her wide brown eyes that were swollen. He looked at her chapped, full lips that were quivering in fear wondering how she never felt this close to a boy before. He snapped his elbow from her grip. "Exactly."

"He's almost leaving." She answered frantically throwing her hands in the air. He wondered how she knew this. How the exact day was going to be today. He got more suspicious and more ideas about her.

"How do you know this and when did you know?" He answered furious.

"I-I-I overheard a conversation with him and a policeman that came here, earlier."

"Why do you have to overhear things that you're not suppose to?"

"Hector, please my mom is across the hall. It's not like I wanted to over hear them."

"Though, aren't you doing it right now?"

"No because I actually wanted to come and overhear."She explained.

"When are they going to pick you up?" He demanded cold looking back at Tom.

"After, they interrogate you," Jennifer interfered, "So, they can know what happened."

"Yes, I know what that means." He snickered. He got up from Tom, but before he could fully walk to the door, he rushed back and punched him in the jaw.  Tom struggled to get up and he wiggled his jaw to see if he can get a hold of it.

"Thanks." Tom teased after Hector left behind Jennifer.

[Jennifer's POV]

I walked down to the corner of the hallway worried about what happened. Then, I felt a grip on my shoulder behind me and saw that Hector was behind me. He pushed me against the tan wall and looked me straight in my eye. "It was all a plan wasn't it?" He growled with a shot of anger in his voice as if it was my fault, but what fault is he accusing me of?

"What are you talking about?" I gasped.

"We all knew you wanted to eliminate my sister." He growled. "So, don't give me that sorry crap."

"What are you talking about?" I repeated clueless. "A-a-are you telling me that it's my fault that she died!"

"Are you telling me this isn't true?"

"Yes, of course. I'm not that type person and you know that!"

"I'm not sure what to believe anymore." He answered letting go of my arm.

I rubbed it and cautioned, "Maybe, you should go back to your room and wait for the police. I think they already know you're awake." He looked at me as if I was serious and then nodded his head.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "I know I shouldn't have accused you."

"It's okay. It's just you have to know, I'm not the one you should be judging." I walked off and breathed and felt frustrated why he would think something like that. I loved Sophie, she was like the sibling I've never had. She was the one who helped me in tough times.  How could I do that and what makes him think that! I decided to go to the café across the street and get breakfast because I felt as if I was going to collapse with all this sick people smell.

[Hector's POV]

I walked in and found my mom on the couch sleeping. I crawled into bed waiting to see when the police will arrive. Why is she so concern about him, anyways?  He just killed...my sister. My sister, the person who understood me and went through the pain with me when I broke my arm a few months ago at baseball practice is dead. How could he have stabbed her? When did he have knife with him? And what chances have she gotten if the ambulance hadn't came? Ugh, my head is spinning. I don't know what to think.

[Jennifer's POV]

Mmm, the smell of coffee beans went into my nose. The café had a fresh breeze when I walked in and felt the vibe of the slow, bubbly music that played After the storm, by Mumford and Sons. There are not a lot of people here since its eleven twenty-five.  Red round tables circled the café with a wooden counter with five red stools in front of it. There was a little stage on the right having a sign on the floor that read, Karaoke night. A juice box was place on the side of the stage. The walls were covered in a cream tan wallpaper with the hangings of the 1800's. I walked over to the counter and sat down on one of the stools touching the soft, engraved wooden texture counter.

"What can I do for you?" A voice volunteered above me.

I looked up and answered while touching the counter. "Can I get coffee, double sugar, please?"

"Sure, coming up." I stared at him. He was tall about five feet nine. He wore a black shirt that had his muscles stick out with a light complexion in his skin with squint of tan. He wore light blue jeans with a black belt sticking his pants up. He has long and wavy brown hair stopping at the back of his neck. He looked like a model and seemed like he was in his early-twenties as if this was his part-job aside from college. I watched him looking for the things he looked for until I turned around and heard the bell from the door ring.

[Third Person POV]

Caroline came in with Julia by her side. Her big wide brown eyes were in worry free. Her black, wavy medium hair that goes up to her breasts was down. Her eyebrows are light brown that are faded away. She has an oval face with puffy cheeks that make her seem as if she always laughs. Her thin, pink lips are always open with her white, straight teeth showing, but right now it was with curiosity. Her body is skinny, but not too skinny, but it still showed her a little curve to her. She has light brown skin.  She wore a Leopard Print Tunic and classic skinny jeans with leopard flats. Julia her best friend has her brown hair down in curls. She wore a soft plaid shirt and shorts with black top tied shoes.

"When are you seeing Hector? It seems that it has been a while that you've seen him." Julia asked with in her soft voice walking towards a table across from the stage.

She picked up the flat menu. "I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't be wasting my time on him." She answered reading the specials.

"But he's your boyfriend."

"A boyfriend that doesn't pay attention to me the way I want." She maintained to keep her voice low.

Julia took the menu from her and relaxed it on the table and stared at her with her wide brown eyes.

"Don't say that, you know he can't because he's in the hospital." She assured.

"I'm not talking about the days he's been in the hospital." She answered. "It's every day now. Ever since my birthday was coming around the corner."

"Probably, he's making a surprise for you."

"No, I doubt it."

"You may never know."

"He's not the type." She put her hand up and a waitress came over taking her order with a notepad in her hand while holding a pen in the other.

"What would you like?" She mumbled.

***

"Thank you." Jennifer answered from the counter when she saw the worker take her plate while she kept the coffee cup in her hands cuddling it close to chest for the warmth to penetrate her inside to keep her warm. The worker that read on his name tag, Kyle Baxter was concern of why she's so sad and glum. He started to lean on the counter with a white towel folded on his shoulder.

"Hey have you heard of the stabbing that happened on Friday?" He volunteered for a conversation.

"Yea, it was my best friend who..." She stopped.

"I know what you mean. You don't have to go any further." He replied.

"Have you noticed that life is a cruel thing because once you get comfortable with someone, they suddenly vanish from your life?" She asked turning around putting her head down.

"That's life. You know it happens right when you meet someone you give them your all, but sometimes, you can't figure out what they want until it's too late." He answered stroking her black hair feeling that he had to help somehow. He felt that she understood his pain as if he was put in that situation. 

Continue Reading