Love Me If You Can

Por Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 27

3K 197 19
Por Asia_Denise_

Micah's P.O.V

It had been a few days since the incident with Kane happened and De was staying with me for a few days due to not wanting to be alone and not wanting to go back to her place. I told her she could stay here until she found a new place or until she was just ready to be by herself. Things have been emotional for her lately like last night she was up in the middle of the night crying. I try to be there for her in the best way possible, but I think she just needs time right now. After everything first happened, she told me exactly how everything went down, and I was livid. She should have just let me take her home. I was sitting in the living flipping through the channels. It's never anything on tv to watch. Sports it is. Just as I was about to drift into a nap, De emerged from the guest room and sat next to me on the sofa. The bruise from where she was hit in the head was still visible, but it was starting to heel.

"Hey" she said crossing her legs.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked looking over at her. She was staring straight a head at the tv.

"Better" was all she said. She really hasn't said much but I really wished she would open up and talk to me, but I didn't want to pressure her. I knew she would talk when she was ready. I nodded my head and looked back the tv. We both just sat there watching the tv in a comfortable silence. It was a Friday afternoon and I really didn't have anything to do. I went into the studio earlier today and recorded my show and was done for the day. I really try not to leave De here by herself for too long. "The detective called me earlier" she started saying. I turned to her to give her my full attention. "He said that Kane is in a stabled conditioned and will more than likely be transported to county within the next few days and then in front of judge to see what his charges are and if he could potentially make bail" she said. I hope they don't give that nigga no bail when he was probably going to kill her. De must of seen the look on my face because she started to talk again "The chance of him getting bail is very slim though and if he does, he said it would probably be some high ass amount" she said. I nodded my head.

"If they know what's good for him, I doubt they'll give him any kind of bail" I said. I really did wish I would have finished that nigga off. I think prison would be too nice for him.

"That's what the detective said, apparently he already had an open domestic violence case against his ex-fiancé" she said. Damn. I know they probably won't even be offering him any kind of bail.

"Don't even trip on any of that. We'll make sure that nigga don't get out no time soon. I got you" I said. She gave me a small smile. It was refreshing to her smiling even if it was just a small one. Deciding the change the subject, I asked if she wanted anything to eat. It was kind of late in the day and this is the first time she came out the room, so I'm sure she hasn't eating anything.

"You know what I want?" she asked still smiling. I raised an eyebrow. "Some of that cajun pasta you be making" she said. I laughed. That's one of the only dishes I do cook well.

"I have to go to the store to get the ingredients" I said trying to see if she wanted to wait for me to run to the store.

"Ok I'll be here" she said smiling. I shook my head and got up going to get my keys.

"You talked to Amor?" I asked coming back into the living room area. She shook her head.

"She's been hitting me up, but I told her I'd talk to her a little later when I'm in a better space" she said. I nodded my head. I still don't what those two had a disagreement about but I do know that life is too short and they need to resolve the issue ASAP.

"Alright, well I'll be back in about 30 minutes" I said, before walking out.

***

Two Weeks Later

I walked up to Delondon's door and knocked on it. She finally had found her a new place, which happens to be located in the building right next to where my condo was. It only too her about 30 seconds to open the door.

"Heyyy" she sung smiling brightly. It was good to see her in much better spirits than she had been in.

"Hey, look at you in a good mood" I said.

"New place and I'm assuming those might be for me" she said pointing to the bags I had in my hand.

"Might be" I said shrugging. She finally moved to the side and let me in. I looked around her now decorated place and it was definitely an upgrade. Her last place wasn't bad but her new place fit the imagine that she now had. A successful Black woman. The woman owned a range rover she definitely needed the place to match. I'm not knocking her though because her staying in her apartment allowed her to stack her coins. It was pretty smart move financially. I sat the bags down on her living room table and took a seat on the sofa and turned towards her. She was already sitting down smiling facing me. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" she asked still smiling.

"You. I've never seen somebody so eager to open gifts" I said. With everything that had been going on I just wanted her to feel extra special, so I went and picked her a few things.

"You know I loves surprises, now let me" she said going to grab the bags off the table. I stopped her.

"Calm down speedy" I said laughing. "You done went and got your hair and nails done" I said looking at her nails. She dangled her fingers in front of my face.

"You see me" she said while swinging her hair. Yea I see you.

"How you feeling?" I asked. It's good that she was appearing to feel better on the outside but I wanted to make sure that the inside matched.

"I feel alright. Much better. I'm going back to work next week" She said. I nodded my head. That was a good thing. "Therapist you referred me to is really helping and making me realize that I've should have been going to therapy a long time ago" she said. I had been in therapy for last past year myself and it really does help you. Shit make you realize things you never knew or makes you come to term with things you tried to hide from.

"I'm glad it's helping and I'm glad to see you feeling better" I said. She smiled.

"Now can I open my gifts, I see this LV bag staring back at me and I'm curious to know what's in it" she said closing her eyes trying to contain her excitement. I told her to go ahead and she grabbed the bag off the tabled and opened it. Her eyes lit up at red LV bag I had got her. It's supposed to be in this season or something like that, at least that's what the salesgirl said at the store. She sat it down and opened the back up that read Dior and pulled out the shoe boxes. The last thing she opened was the YSL fragrance I had got her. I just smiled as she opened and admired everything.

"Micah, I can't take this. It's too much" she said pouting. I frowned.

"It wasn't too much and I bought it for you. It's yours. You deserve it" I said. I make a pretty hefty amount and I don't mind spending it on people that's in my life. In fact with everything De been through she deserves so much more.

"I mean, ok since you insist" she said smiling. I laughed. I knew her ass wasn't trying to seriously turn down these gifts. "I got you something too" she said. I frowned. I wasn't expecting her to say that. She pulled out a shoe box and handed it to me. The box said Balenciaga. I opened it and it was a pair of Black Speed Shoe. I know this girl didn't buy me no $900 shoe.

"De I can't take these. They cost too much" I said handing the shoe back to her.

"Um, you just bought me like 4 things that definitely equals to up to about $4000 dollars, I think you can take some $900 shoes. Plus, it's to say thank you, for just being there for me these past few weeks. You didn't have to open up your home to me, take time off work to be with me, or see the detective with me. You deserve these shoes" she said. Knowing that she wouldn't back down I took them, but I'll be giving her, her money back.

"Look at you finally being a good baby momma" I said joking. She pushed me, causing me to laugh.

"No but for real you deserve it. Thank you" she said pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back. I hate to say it but I miss her aggy ass being at my place. She's only been in her new place about a week, yet I miss her.

"It's no problem De, oh and I made you some pasta" I said picking the container out the bag. Her eyes lit up. I've made this damn pasta for her 4 times in the past two weeks. Before I knew it she jumped on me.

"Thank you. I really thought you weren't going to make it" she said hugging me. I originally told he no because I had made it every time, she asked but I wanted to surprise her since she really likes it.

"You knew I was going to make it" I said as she pulled away. "So, what are you doing today?" I asked her as she begun to eat.

"I'm having a housewarming sleep over with the girls. Malaysia is coming up from Atlanta" she said. I nodded.

"That's dope. Amor coming too" I asked. Last time I checked they still weren't speaking like that. She sighed.

"Yea, she's actually coming over a earlier than everyone else, so we can finally talk." She said. I nodded my head. I'm glad that they were going to finally talk. It was starting to have Chris and I worried. Amor too. Chris told me she was crying because she felt like De wouldn't want to be her maid of honor no more. I could understand that De was going through something and her and Amor's problems were the last thing on her mind.

De finished eating her pasta and as I was about to leave, she asked me to stay and watch a movie with her since it was still early in the day. She put her feet in my lap and found a movie for us to watch. I absentmindedly started playing with her feet. About 15 minutes into the movie Delondon spoke.

"You know, you never did give me that um end of the road gift" she said. I looked up at her and she was still facing the tv but I could see the smirk on her face.

"Too bad, that offer expired. We're friends now" I said still watching her closely. The smirk never left her lips, but she did make a face.

"Has it?" she asked.

"Yea" I answered back.

"Mm interesting" was all she said. I looked at her but she never looked away from the tv. I went back to watching the movie. She paused the movie. "Before I forget I need you to help me hang up the curtains in my bedroom." She said smirking. I licked my lips. She thinks she slick. She got up and lead me to her bedroom. Once we got in, I noticed that her curtains where already up. I see what type of game this is.

As soon as she turned around to face me, my lips were on hers. I'm not going to deny her of her wants.

Delondon

After getting out the shower I slipped on some black biker shorts and a grey tank top. I walked out into my hallway and grabbed a fresh pair of sheets from the linen closet. I walked back into my room and sat the sheets on the nightstand. I tapped Micah on the shoulder in attempt to wake him up. This man was not waking up.

"Micah" I said shaking him. His eyes remained closed, but he started to groan. I laughed. "Come on wake up" I said still tapping him. Amor was going to be here soon and I needed to remake my bed and start getting things ready for the sleep over.

"Alright, alright I'm up" he said with his eyes still closed. I leaned down about only two inches away from his face.

"You still look sleep to me" I said. He grabbed me by the waist and pull down, to where I was now laying on top of him.

"You trying to put a nigga out?" he asked finally opening his eyes.

"Yes I gotta get ready for my sleep over" I said looking at him. He rolled his eyes. I laughed.

"What time is it" he asked.

"It's almost 6 o'clock" I said.

"Damn, I been sleep that long?" he asked. I nodded my head. After we did the do, Micah went straight to sleep. Call me Ny-Quil cause baby that nigga was out like a light. His hands traveled down to my ass.

"Uht, uht you need to be getting up" I said placing my hands on his. He smacked his teeth.

"Girl, how you seduce me and then try to put me out just like that" he asked. I was appalled. This man did not just say I seduced him. I laughed.

"Boy I did not seduce you and even if I did it was easy as fuck" I said.

"You earned this dick, when you bout them shoes" he said laughing. I smacked my teeth and tried to get up but he stopped me.

"I'm just fucking with you girl," he said pulling me back down.

"This why you can't be nice to niggas" I said, shaking my head.

"Good thing I'm a king and not a nigga" he said placing his hands back on my ass. See he needs to stop before, I have Amor ass waiting outside my door. "Let me get a "for the end of the road kiss" he asked.

"That offer expired" I said using his exact words from earlier smirking. Before I knew he had turned us off and he was now hovering over me. My body was starting to heat up again. I don't know what I was thinking trying to do a onetime sex thing with somebody I have good sex with. The last time will never be the last time when the dick good.

"It did?" he asked lowering his face closer to mine.

Unable to find my voice I just mumbled an "mhmm". His face continued to inch towards mine. I just took it upon myself and leaned forward to give him a kiss. We began kissing and his hands started to explore my body. After a minute or two he pulled away.

"Let me take a shower, before you be cancelling your sleepover" he said getting up.

"Yea do that" I said giving him a look. "The towels in things is on the rack in the bathroom" I said as he walked into my bathroom. While he was in the bathroom, I took it upon myself to change my sheets and straighten up my room. I went and got my gifts from the living room and put them in my closet. I pulled out the game we would be playing tonight and did a little last minute cleaning. I went into the guest room to make sure the bathroom had fresh towels and things. I was so excited to be seeing all of my girls but especially Malaysia. I haven't seen her since Christmas. I tried getting her to move from Atlanta and to Florida so many times.

A fully dressed Micah finally walked out of my room, as I was lighting a candle. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him. "So?" he said.

"So?" I said back to him. He smirked and shook his head. I raised an eyebrow.

"I hope you have fun tonight" he said. I nodded my head.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked him.

"Probably hang with Chris and Tonio" he said sighing. I nodded my head.

"Interesting" I said.

"Why is that interesting?" he asked. I shrugged.

"It just is" I said.

"Mhmm" he said.

We just stood there embracing each other. "Thank you for the gifts and the pasta" I said giving him a peck on the lips.

"Nothing to it, shawty" he said pulling me into a hug, I hugged him back. When he pulled away he gave me a kiss. The Kiss was interrupted by a knock at the door. That's Amor. I pulled out of his arms and handed him his shoe box.

"I'll see you later" I said, he nodded and began walking to the door he stopped mid way and walked back over to me and pulled me in for another kiss. I kissed him back. I think I'm addicted to this man. I can never stay away from him for long.

"For the end road" he said when he pulled away. I smirked knowing that this was a never ending road. He opened the door and Amor was standing right there. "Hey Amor" he said while walking out.

"Hey Micah" she said walking in. She closed the door behind her and looked at me. "Hey De" she said walking towards me.

"Hey Amor" I said back. I was actually looking forward to our conversation because I had missed my friend.

"Did you just have sex?" she asked with a smirk. I frowned.

"Girl what?" I asked trying to contain my smirk. "Why you say that?" I asked.

"De I've lived with you for four reason, I know what post hsex Delondon look like" she said. I laughed.

"OK maybe just a little" I said smirking. She smirked back at me. I sat down on the sofa and waited for Amor to sit down. She looked down at the sofa and then back up at me. "Not on the sofa bitch" I said rolling my eyes.

She sat down. "I just have to make sure, cause your ass will get it in anywhere" she said making both of us laugh. It was some truth to it. Once our laughter died down, she began speaking.

"So, how have you been" she asked getting serious.

"Good you know just taking things one day at a time" I said. Which was the true. I know my outer exterior came across as if I was in much better space and I am somewhat, but the situation still affects me. I literally could have lost my life to this man.

"De I just want to say that I am so sorry for inserting myself into your business like that. It was beyond wrong of me and I'm sorry for trying to push Kane on you. I feel so bad" she said looking into my eyes. "I just watched you go through so much with Micah, and I didn't want you to have to go through the same thing again but I went about all wrong. I didn't even mean to try to push Kane on you I just thought anybody would be better than Micah" she finished off.

"And that's why you have to mind your business. I understand that we're friends and we tell each other things and we sometimes come to each other for advice but I felt like I already know how feel about Micah, why keep saying every chance you get. As far as the whole Kane thing go, you were on the outside looking in so you didn't know that dude had some serious problems and that's basically what I was trying to tell you" I said. She nodded taking in every thing I was saying. I totally get were Amor was coming from but at the same time as a friend , she was out of pocket.

"I know and I'm so sorry De. I've learned my lesson and I realized I was wrong and I'll never cross the line like that again" Amor said. I gave her small smile and pulled her into a hug. I really did miss my friend.

"I accept your apology and I'm not saying you can't give me your thoughts and opinions but if I say I want nothing to do with a certain someone please respect it and know that I hear you the first time, no need to keep repeating her self with certain things." I said as I pulled out of the hug. She nodded.

"Got it and once again I'm sorry about that Kane shit. I feel so bad" she said pouting.

"I know sweetie, let's just move past it. You apologized and we've talked about it" I said. Which was true. Once a resolution is had. There is no need to keep revisiting something.

"So can I ask you something" she asked, with a look on her face.

"Oh lord, what the fuck are you about to ask me?" I asked back, making her laugh.

"Not to be all in your business but what's tea with you and Micah?" she asked. I sighed. She asking me shit, that I'm not even sure of myself.

"I mean we're just friends. Yea I have feelings for him, feelings that I don't think will ever go away but it's best if we just remain friends, I don't want to pursue anything with him. I need time to get Delondon together" I said, honestly. I think I jumped into things too fast with Kane when I was in such an important part of my healing process and now I owe it to myself to heal from it all.

"Do you think it's smart to keep sleeping with him? And I'm not trying to judge you or insert my two cents I'm just curious." She said. I didn't mind her asking. I never really minded. It was just her delivery with everything which made me upset.

I feel back on the sofa "I know, it's not smart but Amor I think I'm addicted to that man. Like he just , we just, work well together if you know what I'm saying" I said smirking. She laughed.

"Well is it just the sex" she asked. I sat up. The sex was amazing, yes but it was deeper than just sex with us. Micah and I actually have a good time with out being sexual.

"No it's not just the sex. This was our first time having sex since Hawaii. The whole time I was at his house he didn't try anything with me. He was just being super supportive and patient. He listened to me cry or hours. Took days off of work, cooked for me, and he was just there. Even buying me gifts when he noticed I was in crappy ass moods" I said the last part showing her the tennis bracelet he had gotten me. She grabbed my arm and looked at it. She looked at me and smiled.

"That man is in love with your ass" she said.

"I know, we talked about it in therapy" I said making a face. Her as widened.

"Y'all went to therapy together" she asked. Biting my lip I nodded my head. I been keeping all this to myself and it felt good to have some girl talk.

"He's been in therapy for a while now and referred his therapist to me and it's really paying off. I talked about him in one of sessions and therapist advised for me to invite him, so we had a session together. It was eye opening to say the least." I said. Micah and basically just laid everything out on the table in therapy. We told each other how we felt but both agreed that now isn't a good time for us to pursue each other. He was still heavily mourning the death of his best friend and I needed time for myself. I told him that I didn't want him to want for me though and that I wouldn't be mad if he were dating other people.

"That's very mature of you all. I would never thought Micah was the therapy type" Amor said.

"Girl me either but it was all his idea. When I tell you he has been there, bitch he's been there. He even asked about you every day. Every time I turned around he was asking have you and I spoke yet" I said. Micah asked about Amor every day. I could literally see the joy in his eyes when I told him that she was coming over for us to talk.

"Awe, he cares. It's probably because Chris was asking him. I cried to Chris every day about how I had been a bad friend" Amor said. I laughed because it definitely sounds like something she would do.

"Speaking of Chris, how is the wedding planning going" I asked. I'm the maid of honor and I know there are certain parts of the planning that I am supposed to be a part of.

Amor took the deepest breath ever "Girl let me tell you. I'm so close to knocking Chris's sister the fuck out. She always trying to question my decisions" Amor said sounding frustrated.

"Eww I don't like that" I said.

"And Chris is just like 'Ignore her, that's just how she is', well nigga do something about it" Amor said. I nodded my head. He should tell his sister to stay in her place.

"Hey sis, if you have to check her then do just that, it's only so much you can ignore" I said. Amor laughed. I can't imagine having issues with my significant other's family, especially about my own wedding.

Amor went on to telling me more about the wedding planning and some things that were going on with her and Chris. We talked while I started to cook the food for the sleepover tonight. About and hour passed and there was a knock on the door. "Ok I have a special guest for you" I said to Amor. Malaysia and Amor clicked right away when they first meet each other. They have so much in common and both adore the hell out of me. I opened the door.

"Deeeeeeee" Malaysia screamed as we hugged each other tightly. I missed my best friend, so much. We pulled away and she spotted Amor. "Amorrrrrrrr" she screamed hugging her. Amor hugged her back and we just stood there squealing looking at each other. Tonight was about to be a fun night. We were only missing Amber and she would be here soon, after dropping off Reign at her Mother's house.

The first thing I made everyone do after changed into our onesies is take a shot. Tonight we were kid free, stress free, nigga free, and was about to turn up. I love girl's night. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

12.6K 499 14
*This is a sequel to "Wife Swap". Please read before reading this book! Thank you all for your votes and comments. Em is discovering that rekindling...
95 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...
5.7K 153 22
Sequel book to 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 The book that hopefully ties the two broken hearts back together. Will this end in happily ever after? Or will...
6.1K 197 34
Arthur Morgan is setting up camp after collecting some debts for Strauss. Knowing its too late to head back, he sets up camp for the night. Not long...