Flames of Hope

By Coriwii

Izuku Midoriya. A viridian haired boy with emerald eyes and constellation like freckles. He was born into a w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
I was Tagged!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Notice
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84-
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 47

1.5K 56 76
By Coriwii

Hey! I'm back! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Also, I recommend the song above, its: I'll make a man out of you by Jonathan Young! Plus, here's my Discord Server if ya wanna join: https://discord.gg/hDWxEd2! And! A small disclaimer here, I haven't read the BNHA manga, so the next chap. may take longer to be uploaded! 

Muttering filled the common room as Class 1-A sat around, gazing at the TV, watching as the Hero rankings filter through; they all had gathered to watch the Billboard together. It was, after all, the first time so many heroes had gathering in one place to hold the Billboard. Shocked gasps filled the room at the announcement of the Number Nine hero, Izuku, they hadn't been told of it and neither had Izuku by the look in his eyes.

Smiles and cheers echo out, congratulating Izuku's position, Shouto silently thinking to himself;

'He deserves Number One...'

Then all became silent, ears perked up at the speeches of the other heroes, waiting patiently for Izuku to start. All hell broke loose in the common room at Izuku's declaration. They cheered and supported Izuku, they knew he was right and that made his speech worse, because it was right, it had pointed out how flawed of a society that they all lived in, had become complacent with how it worked.

Each member of the class straightened they stance, forged their resolve, set their heart to the goal. They would be by Izuku, just as they knew that Izuku would be by them, no matter the consequences. They would fulfil that promise he made, they would make change, they will rebuild society, even if it's from the ashes of its own destruction.

As the ceremony ended abruptly, due to Izuku's departure, the class started to go about their day doing tasks around the dorm or simply lounging about.

Yaomomo was making her favourite tea, watching with bright eyes as the water boiled. Jiro sauntered away to her room, her fingers itching to write and play a new song, her guitar waiting silently for her arrival. Kaminari, Ashido, Sero and Kirishima all left the dorms; although Katsuki had been temporarily removed from the Hero Course, they decided to still talk to the boy, he wasn't accepting at first, but soon they had become friends, especially Kirishima...

Shoji, Tokoyami and Koda all conversed quietly on the couch, the unlikely friends chatted like mice. Ojiro was assisted Sato in the kitchen, he was learning to bake, and Sato was helping the tailed boy learn. Aoyama sparkled brightly, prancing around the room, looking to the left sometimes as he span. Uraraka and Tsu mysteriously vanished, no one knew where the duo left and Hagakure too had gone without a trance.

Tenya left the dorms dressed in a U.A sports uniform, telling the remaining students he was going for a run in the forests around U.A, his hands going up and down as he did so.

Shouto was on the phone to his mother and siblings, softly chatting with them, finding things out about them such as his mother finding an interest in knitting, she'd already started making scarves for his siblings and his own was on the way.

No one knew what was going to happen soon...

Shouto had just sat down to watch the evening news when he thought his world was about to be crushed. On the screen was what could be called an absolute warzone. Blood was on the streets, heroes desperately clashing with Nomu's and in the epicentre was three people fighting. The announcements below told the story; the Number One and Number Nine heroes were fighting with something called a Nomu. A creature that showed usage of multiple quirks like Flight, Muscle Augmentation and others...

Shouto's knees went weak at the sight of a beat up Izuku fighting. The boy looked worse for wear, his suit was ripped, blood was leaking out of healing wounds; he watched as his lover was thrown through an office building and crushed into the ground with force that only All Might could achieve. Flames flickered up Shouto's arm as he saw Izuku's big attack fail, and his face being tore apart by an arm.

Tears gather in his eyes, watching as Izuku falls to the ground, the Nomu standing above him like a hunter over its prey, and Izuku trying so desperately to fight of the thing with his all and all he got as a massive arm at him, throwing him about the place like a ragdoll.

Shouto stands up, tears freely flowing as he yells, his throat hoarse;

"GET UP! GET UP IZU! FINISH YOUR PROMISE!!!"

Time slows as Shouto watches Izuku, he watches as his lover rises from the ground, his aura overpowering as he shattered his limit, lightning arching around as he becomes a Knightly Angel of Hope. He cheers seeing Izuku take off at the creature with near unimaginable speeds, taking the thing higher and higher into the sky; blue and grey eyes, full of worry, hope and love watch as a literal Super Nova engulfs the sky, flames, plasma and light burst outwards, carrying a promise; A promise of Hope and a promise of destruction...

Shouto collapses at the sight of Izuku, the boy was taking a page from All Might, raising his fist high into the sky, a sign of his Victory, that it's okay now, that he is here to give people hope. The heterochromia boy feels a firm hand on his shoulder, and he turns to see Mr. Aizawa along with some of the class offering their support. Some had tears in their eyes, others held a burning desire to be better. Mr. Aizawa was smiling down at him.

Shouta was pacing. He knew that he was. He had just heard from Hizashi's radio station about an attack in the city, the place where Izuku was, and he knew his son would help, no matter the consequences. Growling, the raven-haired man decides to pull out his phone, watching the news as it's broadcast live, the world watching his son being beat down by a monster.

Glaring, Shouta feels that burning anger again, he knows who's behind this, he feels it in his bones that this was a targeted attack, and all he feels is an overwhelming fury; Killing Intent rolls in waves off Shouta's form, the staff in the staffroom, reel back in both fear and panic at Shouta's intent to kill. They knew the man well enough that if he had this much intent, he would wholeheartedly follow through with it, consequences be damned. That was scary enough and they didn't want to be on the receiving end of that fury...

Smashing the window, Shouta hops out and runs straight towards the 1-A dorms, knowing Todoroki would be watching this. He knows the pain and overwhelming fear of watching someone you love fight for their life, he knows for he's seen it too many times before. By the time Shouta reaches the dorms, the fight was ending, he's proud that his son finished the fight, angry at the villains that caused this and worried for how it affected his son.

Opening the door, Shouta marches in, studying the atmosphere in the room and puts his hand on Todoroki's shoulder. The boy looks at Shouta, and for the first time in Shouta's time teaching the boy, he sees a full smile on his face, and Shouta smiles back. He listens to the boy speak, almost silently;

"He did it. I knew he would. But the moment he went down and didn't get up, I-I couldn't bear the thought of losing Izu, the world needs him, needs us more than ever..." Shouta watches tears fall silently down his face,

"I need Izuku."

Toshinori clutches his side. It pulsates in agony, watching his successor, watching someone he considers a son, being brutally demolished on TV and not being able to do anything to help him. He'd already expended his time as All Might and now all he can do is sit back and watch the world pass by, trying his hardest to help those who can change the world. All he could do was pray, and hope that Izuku can do this...

'I know you can do it, Young Izuku...!'

And he saw his successor rise, when he saw his protégé stand in the face of danger and push himself past his limits to defeat the threat, he collapsed onto the sofa, breathing heavily yet filled with joy. He let tears run down his face when he saw Izuku stand tall, his face raised high into the sky, a sure sign of Victory. Toshinori silently preyed for the boy, knowing that he would need rest, need time to relax, he deserved it after that display.

'I-Expo is soon. Maybe I could bring Young Izuku to give him time for a vacation; Aizawa, Yamada and Young Eri can come along too! They all deserve rest...'

Unsteady steps carry Izuku forward, his body slouching as steam pours off him, his muscles twitching in pain and his mind aflame with a migraine. He slowly put down his fist, eyes firmly shut as he listens to the crowds cheer his name, his body feeling like lead had been splashed on it. A heavy thud sounds behind him and Izuku turns, showing Hawks landing behind him, red wings spread wide as he smiles at Izuku; feathers hard as steel pick Izuku up and begin to carry him, and Izuku roughly thanks the hero, the adrenaline finally leaking from his system.

'A nap seems like a good idea right now...'

Two blasts of fire spiral towards Hawks, one cobalt blue and the other glowing orange, which Hawks nimbly dodges with his wings. Walking through the flames, two figures ready for another attack at Hawks. One had gnarly burn scars on his body, staples holding the skin together and eyes colder than artic winds. The other had no distinguishing features, he was plain as they come if not for the glowing throat and wide grin plastered on his face; it was cruel and demonic...

'Damn... Two strong flame users. Fierce Wings is useless here, my feather will only be burnt away... What are they after...?'

Hawks grins, he'd always liked a good challenge. Using his feathers, he carried the unconscious hero in training away from the newest battle, only for a small blast of fire to char his feathers, causing the boy to fall to the ground, still asleep. They were targeting the boy.

Reaching to his wings, Hawks pulls out two feathers, manipulating them into long, tough blades, and he used his speed to get close to the villains. As Hawks neared, the villains spilt, one heading for Hawks the other for the boy; blue flames circled both Hawks and the scarred villain, trapping them both within a ring.

Hisashi neared his delusional son. How the boy thought he could be a hero was beyond him, his power was much more suited for a villain, he did almost level a city after all. A dark grin settled on his face, his son wasn't getting away so easily with destroying everything that he had worked so hard for, no he had a nice, dark room for Izuku set up with toys ready to be used on him; yes, he'll break the boy, forge him into a villain.

As he stepped closer, a foot crashed into his face, and he could feel his jaw cracking under the blow. Hisashi snarled, two of his teeth along with a torrent of blood came from his mouth, he just healed from Eraserhead's attack.

Standing protectively in front of Izuku was Miruko. The lady had a wide, feral grin on her face, her ears twitched, and she cracked her knuckles, speaking to the man;

"Ya know... the heroes in the Top Ten received a booklet on the former Crimson Wyverns. We got permission to use our full power against Hisashi and Inko Midoriya along with someone named Phantom." Her grin widens as the man's eyes widen in slight fear.

"You know what that means right?"

Instantly, Miruko leaps, crossing the remaining distance in seconds, her leg raised high, shouting;

"LUNA FALL!"

Coming down, her leg crushes the man beneath her. The street was tore apart by the force of the blow, wind kicked up too as her foot buried in the man's back. Screams of pure agony ripped from the man's throat, bones pulverised from the blow, and his back snapped in two like a toothpick, his ribs breaking and piercing the man's lungs, the blood he coughed up was enough to tell any trained medical personnel that.

In the 1-A dorms, Shouta feels absolute dark euphoria watching Hisashi Midoriya get beaten down on Live TV. He can record it for later, for training purposes of course...

The Rabbit hero hops off the crippled villain and turns to Hawks to watch the battle. With all the fire around them, she couldn't get close, much to her ever growing frustration. She's missing out on a good fight!

Hawks dodges another blast of fire, the heat searing inside the makeshift arena, and Hawks smells the burning of flesh, not of his own. The man grins, stopping his fire;

"You know, I never wanted to capture the boy. He put Endeavour behind bars after all. Anyone who does that is in my good books." The scarred man walks away,

"I'm outnumbered anyway, I doubt I can take on both the Number One and Number Three hero alone..." A wall of flames blocks the heroes from the villain, his voice coming from behind it,

"Farewell for now, Heroes "

With the danger removed, the heroes began the next step; rebuilding. Hawks and Miruko both marched up to Izuku's sleeping body, talking quietly.

"He'll need some rest. No doubt that this pushed his limits to the extreme." Miruko pointed to her chest,

"Yeah. But you gotta admire this kid. He called the Hero Commission out on their B.S! He's got spirit and the way he fights is top notch. I like him." Hawks rubs his nose,

"Oh yeah? I'm inclined to agree. The kid's good. He'll become one of the best." Hawks puts his hands behind his head casually,

"Anyway, let's get him to an ambulance. They'll take him to the Hero Hospital around here..." Hawks pulls out his phone and sends an alert to the emergency services in the city, one telling them the threat has been dealt with and they are needed.

Sirens blare across the city, ambulances, fire engines and other emergency responders kicked into action. With the battle over, people were left to deal with the aftermath of it. Construction companies were hired by the Hero Commission to rebuild the many buildings destroyed by the battle, paying in full for them. Medical bills for the injured were also paid in full by the Hero Commission; the President herself taking full responsibility for the battle in a live broadcasted speech across Japan.

The Hero Commission had finally taken up arms after years of simply sitting back and watching things unfold. They weren't a bystander anymore, and the hundreds of heroes under them were put back into training in preparation for what Izuku had said, the encroaching darkness upon Japan.

Miruko hopped around the ruined parts, hunting the remaining Nomu's with no bars holding her back, they were weak and easily crushed by Miruko's powerful kicks. Hawks roamed the skies, helping with the rescue operatives to assist those in dire need, his wings were perfect for these kind of situations after all.

But, even with rescues happening, people had died during the battle, some crushed by debris, some brutally murdered by the Nomu's and many heroes had fallen trying to fight against the Nomu's. It was a day of both celebration and mourning...

Hisashi Midoriya was successfully detained, he received emergency treatment to save him, but it left the man paralysed from his waist downwards, and his lungs were almost completely destroyed. His quirk would no longer work, or it would be very weak.

The High-End Nomu had been vaporized by Izuku's final attack, leaving only its hand remaining after the battle, to which it had been taken for analysis. It was later found that the man made into the Nomu used to be a cage fighter until he freely signed over to All for One to get stronger, to become more powerful. A power hungry manic.

Izuku Midoriya had been taken to a Hero Hospital, where he was given a room and diagnosis. He had severe quirk exhaustion, his body temperature was dangerously high, many of his bones were fractured, some in his hand had been fully broken. Due to his exhaustion, his regeneration hadn't kicked in yet, so they put his body in a temporary cast to stop his bones from healing incorrectly.

For now, the boy was in a deep slumber and when he'd wake up was unknown.

However, even with all the chaos, all the death and destruction, something beautiful, something powerful was shown. It had shown the bright future, one carried by the next generation of heroes.

(How are you all today?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.8K 17
When there was nothing you could do to express yourself, what would you do? That was something Izuku was struggling for years. His quirk didn't make...
2M 72.5K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
176K 9.6K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
93.4K 3.4K 16
With nothing left to lose, one might say that killing oneself might be the best option, but what if that doesn't work? Izuku Midoriya, a seemingly qu...