The Betrayal - Book 2 of the...

By paligirl1

A man betrays his son. A son betrays his lover. And a naive young woman pays the price. In this second book i... More

Part 1
Chapter One - Daniel
Chapter Two - Elizabeth
Chapter Three - Daniel
Chapter Seven - Daniel
Chapter Eight - Daniel; Chapter Nine - Elizabeth
Chapter Ten-Elizabeth; Chapter Eleven-Daniel; Chapter Twelve-Elizabeth
Chapter Thirteen-Daniel; Charter Fourteen-Elizabeth; Chapter Fifteen-Daniel
Chapter Sixteen-Elizabeth; Chapter Seventeen-Elizabeth
Chapter Eighteen - Elizabeth; Chapter Nineteen - Daniel
Chapter Twenty - Elizabeth; Chapter Twenty-One - Elizabeth

CHAPTER FOUR - ELIZABETH; CHAPTER FIVE - DANIEL; CHAPTER SIX - ELIZABETH

94 1 0
By paligirl1

CHAPTER FOUR - ELIZABETH

Sailing English Bay was magical. Having taken several lessons over the past few weeks, it was our first time taking out a boat by ourselves. Initially I felt insecure, but Danny’s bravado put me at ease. I was in awe that he could seemingly do every thing. 

By mid-morning as we successfully navigated the clear waters, I acheived a state of zen. British Columbia’s shoreline took my breath away. With its many coves and inlets, and small islands dotting the surface, it was postcard perfect. The beauty of the majestic trees, the clean sand beaches, and the glamour of downtown Vancouver’s skyscrapers, combined to fill me with joy. 

Soon Danny steered the boat into the less congested Strait of Georgia, searching for a secluded spot.

“I left my passport at the hotel,” I giggled, making reference to the nearby border. If we navigated much further south, we’d be back in the States.

“Is that a dig at my sailing skills?” Danny asked.

The sun was beating down full-force. I unbuttoned the cuffed-up chambray shirt I had worn, tails tied at my waist, and removed it, leaving me in a strapless bikini top. A loud whistle caught my attention as I folded the shirt and placed it in my tote bag. I laughed at Danny’s boyish grin. Then I shrugged, and he smiled playfully.

I searched in the bag and found the aerosol can of sunscreen.

“Spray me?” I asked Danny as I approached him at the boom.

I handed Danny the can and he sprayed my stomach and then my arms. A mischievous smile played upon his lips as he said, “chin up.” I complied and Danny sprayed my chest. I flinched as the aerosol danced upon my decolletage.

“That tickles!” I exclaimed and we both laughed.

Then Danny massaged the oil into my skin. I gasped from the electricity of his touch. I turned my back toward Danny. He lifted my braid, sprayed my back, and again massaged in the tropical scented oil.

“My turn,” Danny declared. 

He handed me the can, pulled his polo shirt over his head, and tossed it so it landed by my tote bag. I sprayed his back and then Danny turned around. I sprayed his well-developed pecs and flat six-pack abs. Then I massaged the oil into his taut skin. Playful emerald eyes locked on sapphire ones.

“Why don’t I drop anchor and we’ll have our picnic,” Danny suggested.

“I’ll lay out the blanket.”

I lifted the lid on the teak bench and removed the waterproof vinyl-backed blanket. After smoothing it out on the deck, I carefully placed the picnic hamper on a corner while Danny wrapped the line from the lowered main sail in careful figure eights around the cleat.

“Ready,” I cheerfully announced.

“Me, too,” Danny answered, and he wrapped his arms around my back. Danny’s mind was somewhere other than on the picnic.

Then Danny held me as close as he could and crushed his lips to mine. My hands clasped around his neck, and I held Danny’s face to mine, drinking in his love. His hands caressed my back. Then Danny opened the button and zipper of my denim cut-offs. I gasped from his masculinity as he pressed against me. Danny pushed my shorts down and when they fell to my ankles, I stepped out of them, leaving me in an audaciously revealing orange bikini bottom.

One of Danny’s large hands lingered on my rear as his other held me close around my back. The feel of his hands was intoxicating. My heart beat rapidly. Danny’s did the same. I gripped him tighter. He was hard against me through his swim trunks while one of his hands crept up my back and unhooked my bikini top. It fell to the boat bottom.

I gasped, but Danny’s tongue exploring my mouth silenced me. My pulse raced and my nails dug into his back. Danny’s hand entered my bikini bottom. Long fingers slipped into me and I moaned. 

I stared at Danny, disbelieving. We were on the deck of a boat! His pace sped up. I held tighter, unable to stop my rhythm. His throaty groan pushed me to the edge and my quiver became explosive.

“Hey, birthday girl,” Danny whispered. He grinned, more than satisfied by his obvious success. “I love you.” 

Danny brought his face back down to mine. As our noses touched, his eyes sparkled, full of love and our lips joined again.

Then Danny took my left hand and proudly admired the platinum bracelet he had given me last night. The sun hit the diamonds in such a way that the light danced off in all directions. The facets burst forth in multiple sunburst ions.

“Nice bracelet,” Danny smiled, proud of his gift.

“I love it almost as much as the man who gave it to me,” I whispered.

Danny lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. His hardness pulsated against my bikini, silently urging its removal.

“You know what I want?” he whispered.

“Me?” I giggled, still so aroused.

CHAPTER FIVE - DANNY

“Welcome back, Mr. Newman. Miss Jacobs,” the doorman greeted us on our return to the Four Seasons.

I responded with a nod and guided Eli into the hotel, securely holding her hand as we crossed the lobby toward the Concierge.

“Enjoy your picnic, Mr. Newman?” he asked as I placed the basket on his desk.

Did I ever! “It was great. Thank you again for arranging the boat.”

“You’re most welcome. I’ll take your basket,” he offered.

“Thank you,”

Eli hid a yawn behind her hand, and realized I was tired too. 

“Can we please have a five pm wake-up call?” I asked awkwardly. “Too much sun.  We need a nap or we’ll never make it to dinner.”

“Certainly. Consider it done, Mr. Newman.”

“Thanks,” I said as I slipped him a twenty while shaking his hand.

I led Eli to the elevator bank and took her hands. We smiled at each other, content. Then I gathered Eli in my arms and kissed her.

“This is a public lobby, Danny,” Vanessa admonished.

I hadn’t heard the elevator doors open, but they must have. Eli and I broke apart except for our hands. She blushed deep red.

 Vanessa was dressed in gym shorts, a fitted tank top and running shoes. Her hair was pulled back in a severe ponytail. Vanessa had one iPhone earbud inserted, and ultra-dark sunglasses were perched on her head ready to be lowered over her eyes the moment she reached the exit.

“You’re right Vanessa,” I answered smugly, “But I really don’t care.”

Too bad; I was proud to be seen kissing my girlfriend. CNN could even air it if they wanted.

“If you didn’t already have a room here, I’d tell you to get one,” she said sharply.

“And that’s exactly where we’re going,” I snapped.

Confused, Elizabeth stared at Vanessa and then at me. Vanessa shook her head with disdain.

“Where are you going, Vanessa?” Eli asked pleasantly.

Leave it to my lady to not recognize the evil lurking beside us.

“I’m off to my morning run.”

“Morning run? But it’s the afternoon?” Eli was puzzled, to say the least.

“I slept late today. I’m transitioning my internal clock in preparation for the night shooting on Monday. You should do the same, Danny.”

“I’ll be alright. I’ve pulled all-nighters at school.”

“Well I suppose.” Vanessa gave a hauty laugh.“Nobody cares what a PA looks like.”

“I care,” Eli chirped. “And I’m glad you have night shooting on Monday. I get to stay an extra day,”

“I’ll take you to the airport Monday afternoon and then I’ll report to the set.”

“I’d like that,” Eli sighed. “One more night together.”

Vanessa rolled her eyes. “I’m so out of here,” she declared.

“Later, Vanessa,” I said.

The elevator finally landed and the doors opened discharging its passengers. Eli and I quickly jumped in, barely making it before the doors once again closed.

Upstairs Eli and I stripped off our damp clothes and crawled under the covers. As we snuggled together I broke the bad news.

“Baby, we’re doing night shoots through Saturday.”

“Saturday?” she said. “Then I get to spend next weekend watching you sleep?”

 “No. This is where you gracefully agree to spend next weekend at home because it’s pointless to watch me sleep.”

Eli quietly pouted. “I can feel you frowning, babe.”

“I’m not happy,” she complained. “But you’re right.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

“I know you will.”

“Let me make it up to you in advance, right now.”

CHAPTER SIX - ELIZABETH

“Mom?  Dad?” What were they doing in Vancouver? And Ellen was here too!

Danny had just ushered me into a trendy restaurant in the Yaletown section of Vancouver for my birthday dinner. I had expected Jim and Tom to join us, but I had no idea that Mom, Dad and Ellen were flying up. 

“Happy Birthday, honey!” Dad exclaimed. He crushed me in a bear hug.

Then Mom pecked my cheek. “Happy birthday, Elizabeth.”

“I can’t believe you’re here!” I was so excited to see them.

          “Where else would we be? It’s your birthday,” Mom laughed. “Nineteen years ago today…”

“Yeah, yeah. I know. Under cover of darkness Dad snuck you in through the back door at Cedars while the paparazzi staked out the front, waiting in the cold June air.

Danny laughed. “Is that true?”

“Yes,” we answered in unison.

“Well, maybe not the cold part,” I added.

But Danny continued grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

“Did you know they were coming? You’re usually terrible at keeping secrets.”

Danny laughed. “That’s why I’m glad you distracted me today,” he choked out.  “You made me forget I had a secret.”

Dad smirked. Mom rolled her eyes. And Ellen smiled.

“We went sailing,” I explained. “It was a perfect day.”

“Yeah, Eli was perfect,” said Danny.

            “No, you were. Danny knew exactly what to do,” I said proudly.

            “I certainly did,” he laughed.

            Ugh! Danny knew damned well that I was referring to his prowess as a skipper, not a lover.

            “Really?” Dad asked suspiciously.

            “Danny is an excellent captain. It was our first time out alone,” I explained.

            Then Danny took my hand and kissed it. “Hey, show the folks your birthday present.”

            “Of course.” How could I forget?

            I held up my wrist. Mom carefully examined the platinum link bracelet. A sizable round diamond with three smaller diamonds on each side was mounted on a narrow platinum bar in its center. The piece was at once elegant while remaining everyday casual.

            “It’s beautiful,” Dad declared.

            “Michael, it’s better than beautiful,” Mom pronounced. “Honey, that’s a stunning bracelet. Daniel, you have very good taste.”

            “Thanks, Randi.” Danny beamed with pride.

            “Come see what Danny gave Elizabeth,” Mom said to Ellen who was standing a few steps away with Steve.

            In an instant, jewelry expert Ellen was at our side carefully examing the bracelet.  “Danny, you outdid yourself. It’s gorgeous.”

            “A local artist designed it,” Danny explained. “Whenever Elizabeth wears it, she’ll be reminded of this summer.”

            I glowed. This certainly was a summer I would always cherish the memory of.

            Later, we gathered in the elegant YEW Bar at the Four Seasons for a nightcap. Danny and I shared a table with Mom and Dad, while Steve and Ellen lingered at the bar waiting to place an order.

            “How long are you here for?” I asked Dad.

            “I’m up for the week,” Dad answered. “I thought it was about time I visited the set and saw how my investment was doing.”

            “I’ll tell you Mike, Dad certainly is relieved that you’re here. He’s been trying to hide it from me, but Dad is stressed and I’m feeling it.”

            “Danny, I don’t want Steve stressing you,” I said.

            Danny drained his drink and hailed a passing waitress. “I’ll have another, please,” he requested and he handed her his empty glass. “Babe, don’t worry.” Danny twirled a lock of my hair. “I’m only doing my job. Dad expects me to run interference.”

            “Eli worries way too much,” Danny explained to my folks.

            “Honey, I’ll keep my eyes on Danny all week for you, so don’t worry.”

            “She cares too much,” Danny said.

            “She’s supposed to, Danny,” said Mom. “Elizabeth loves you.”

            The waitress stopped and handed Danny his fresh drink. “Thank you,” he said. Danny immediately took a large gulp.

            “Danny, please,” I urged. “I wish you wouldn’t.”

            “E, I’m fine. It’s not like I have to drive anywhere. We live upstairs.”

            I still didn’t like it and I frowned, disappointed. Each time I visited Vancouver, it seemed Danny’s drinking was increasing and I didn’t know how to get him to curtail it.

            Conventional wisdom said if you were spending your time with a person who drank as little as I did, you probably wouldn’t drink much either. Not so, Danny.  Something was eating at him, but what? Except for the drinking, all seemed well. I looked forward to debriefing Dad when he returned home.

            “Randi, how long are you here?” Danny purposely changed the subject.

            “I’ll be on Elizabeth’s plane, Monday.”

            “No,” I groaned.

            “What’s wrong with me sharing your flight?”

            “It’s the car. I planned on being alone with Danny.”

            Danny laughed and hugged me around my shoulders.

            “I’ll take my own car then,” Mom said, annoyed.

            “I wish Ellen was coming home with us. With Steve working nights this week, won’t she be bored?”

            Mom and Dad glanced across the room. Danny and I followed their eyes to the bar. I giggled. Mom smiled. Dad snickered. And Danny glared. Steve’s arm was wrapped arund Ellen’s shoulder and they were kissing like newlyweds, completely oblivious to their surroundings.

            “That’s disgusting!” Danny spat out.

            Mom and I snickered. Dad laughed. “Now you understand why Ellen’s staying,” he said.

            “That’s gross, Michael,” Danny sneered.

            “It’s no different from you and Elizabeth,” Mom laughed.

            “But we’re kids,” Danny protested, even as he began to laugh.

            Vanessa entered the bar on the arm of a distinguished-looking man in his forties.

            “Who’s that with Vanessa?’ I asked.

            Three heads turned as one in Vanessa’s direction. Danny’s hug tightened. Steve abruptly stopped kissing Ellen, but kept his arm protectively around her. We turned away, not wanting our collective curiousity to be noticed.

            “Never seen him before,” Danny said.

            “Looks like a local,” Dad added.

            “Who cares? It has nothing to do with us,” Mom declared. “Vannesa’s single. She’s allowed to date.”

            “Baby, I’m tired. Let’s, go,” Danny abruptly said, and he rose.

            Danny didn’t seem tired. Maybe he was getting ideas from watching his parents.

            In the background I heard Vanessa’s frosty greeting.

            “Hello, Steven, Ellen.”

            “Good evening, Vanessa. Ellen and I were just leaving,” Steve responded coolly.

            I stood up. “We’ll see you tomorrow.” 

            My parents rose to bid us good-night. Mom and I embraced. 

            “Happy birthday again, Elizabeth.”

            Just as Dad and I were about to embrace, Vanessa appeared with her date.

            “Why, hello,” she said pleasantly.

            Danny grabbed me back into his arms as though it were for my protection. But it was only Vanessa and her businessman. What was there to protect me from?

            “Elizabeth and I were leaving,” Danny said curtly.

            “Good evening, Vanessa,” Dad said pleasantly. “Have you ever met Miranda?”

            “Mranda Jordan,” Vanessa mused. “I’ve never had the pleasure. How nice.”

            “Good to meet you,” Mom said graciously, for she outranked Vanessa.

            “And this is Robert Smythe. Robert, Michael Jacobs’ family plus, uh, Steven Newman’s son.”

            “Eli, let’s go,” Danny urged, his impatience increasing.

            “The Newmans certainly are sleepy this evening,” Vanessa remarked. Her gaze turned in the direction of Steve and Ellen who were exiting the bar.

            “I’m coming,” I told Danny. “Good night, Dad,” I said and we embraced.

            “Happy birthday, honey,” Dad said as I returned to Danny’s arms.

            “That’s right. It’s your birthday,” Vanessa remarked with syrupy sweetness. “Did you have a happy one?”

            “Oh, yes,” I answered. “The best. Look at what Danny gave me.” I held out my wrist for inspection.

            “Elizabeth, I’m sure Vanessa doesn’t care. Let’s go,” Danny insisted.

            I was somewhat taken aback by Danny’s rudeness. Was the alcohol doing this?

            “It’s lovely, Elizabeth. Danny, you have excellent taste,” Vanessa sneered.

            “Eli, c’mon,” he urged.

            “Thank you, Vanessa. Good night.” I barely got the words out as Danny practically dragged me me out of the bar.

            “What was that about?” I asked Danny through gritted teeth as we made our way across the lobby to the elevators. “You were so rude to Vanessa.”

            “She’s getting on my nerves. Everywhere we turn, there’s Vanessa.”

            “We only ran into her at the elevator this afternoon,” I pointed out.

            Danny pressed the up button for the elevator. “I still don’t like it,” he grumbled.

            I sighed. I didn’t understand Danny’s problem with Vanessa. He could be so difficult at times. But it was my birthday, and if I wanted the evening to end on an up-note, I would have to get Danny out of his funk.

            As we waited for the elevator, I slipped under Danny’s arm and wrapped mine around him. I reached for his face and smiled into his unusually flat sapphires. Danny took my hand and while his smile returned, he kissed my palm.

            “Oh Lizzie,” he sighed. “I’m never down for long if I’m with you.”

            I kissed Danny’s cheek. “Ready to end my birthday in style?” I winked, and Danny laughed as the elevator door opened.

            “Definitely,” Danny answered and he squeezed my butt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

946K 33.7K 30
Catalina and Diego never got over each other after high school, but years later they meet by chance, and multi-millionaire Diego sweeps her off of he...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
287K 36.6K 81
Kabir dhanrajgir is a distinguished businessman of Bangalore, he received lots of success and fame in the business circle. Dhanrajgir family is the r...
86.2K 2.9K 73
Sequel to XAVIER - - - - - As soon as Madalyne shuts the door behind her, she feels desensitized. It is like all her emotions and senses are turned o...