Survivor (#1 The Lost Crown S...

By Sri_1864

Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announc... More

Welcome!!
Prologue
Chapter 2:- Down We Go
Chapter 3:- Coming Back to Senses
Chapter 4:- Things We Do for Love
Chapter 5:- Mates
Chapter 6:- First Mistake
Chapter 7:- Confessions and Training
Chapter 8:- Perfect Timing, Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 9:- And Gone is the Blindfold
Chapter 10:- Date??
Chapter 11:- They are Still Around
Chapter 12:- Memorial and Date
Chapter 13:- It's Been Long Enough
Chapter 14:- Back from the Past
Chapter 15:- What Begins in Anger Ends in Shame
Chapter 16:- A New Family
Chapter 17:- The Betrayal
Chapter 18:- To Own Up To My Actions
Chapter 19:- On My Way To Recovery
Chapter 20:- Mending A Few Things
Chapter 21:- Never Too Late To Try
Chapter 22:- A Witch's Potion
CHAPTER 23:- A Little Jealousy Is Not That Bad
Chapter 24:- Looking Over Us
Chapter 25:- A Warning Issued
Chapter 26:- Allies
Chapter 27:- A Sneak Into The Past
Chapter 28:- Now In The Present
Chapter 29:- Turn of Events
Chapter 30:- Vyris To The Rescue
Chapter 31:- Story Time, Minus Popcorn
Chapter 32:- Options and Choices
Chapter 33:- Nobody Touches Her Mate
Chapter 34:- Learning From My Mistakes
Chapter 35:- A Step Towards The Right Direction
Chapter 36:- Annoying Interruptions
Chapter 37:- All Is Not Lost
Chapter 38:- Trying Is All We Can Do Sometimes
Chapter 39:- Mine
Chapter 40:- This Fight Is All Of Ours
Chapter 41:- A Year Older
Chapter 42:- Lineage
Chapter 43:- Becoming One (I)
Chapter 44:- Becoming One (II)
Chapter 45:- Love, Young And Old
Chapter 46:- Haunting Past
Chapter 47:- Truce
Chapter 48:- Another Side of the Story
Chapter 49:- Know The Enemy
Chapter 50:- The Next Step
Chapter 51:- Last Moments of Peace
Chapter 52:- It's Time
Chapter 53:- Infiltrate
Chapter 54:- Facing The Demons
Chapter 55:- Gathering Allies
Chapter 56:- A Life Lost
Chapter 57:- Revelation
Chapter 58:- At The Cost Of What?
Chapter 59:- Unexpected Setbacks
Chapter 60: Fit For A King And Queen
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

Chapter 1:- A New Beginning

3.4K 110 14
By Sri_1864

"Welcome to the Ferocious Shadows"

The sound of the paws hitting the soil gave a terrifying effect to the otherwise silent night. Even the crickets didn't make a single sound, as if they were as tensed as the wolf sprinting through the woods.

Whoever heard the sound of the paws, would have known that the sound resembled someone running for their life. Selena was running truly like a wild animal. Her wolf, weakened due to several reasons, had mustered up as much strength as they could to run as fast as she can.

She has been on the run for three days. All she ate was the animals she had hunted and she couldn't get more than three hours of sleep at a stretch, scared that they will catch up to her.

In her hurry to get as far away as possible from her chasers, she didn't pay much heed to the chills that ran down her spine with one of her steps. Her aim was to reach her freedom, she had just run away from one of her captives and she refused to fall victim to another. Unfortunately though, in her hurry, and because of her lessened senses, she hadn't realized that she had stepped into another's pack lands.

Selena slowed down when her wolf's lack of comfort seeped through her bones. She had her hackles raised and teeth bared as she thought it was a threat. After looking around her for a second, she noticed neither could she hear any footsteps or any growling. Her eyes widened as soon as she felt her wolf communicating to her.

'We are in another territory.'

Not a second had passed since Izzy told her their predicament when Selena heard paws thumping on the ground. She went on to full defence mode.

Three wolves surrounded her before she could blink her eye. She didn't try to attack them. As three wolves stood surrounding her ready to attack, two men walked towards her. They were both in their human forms and oozed power.

Selena focused on the taller one of them. She might have been able to take on the other ones but this one seems stronger, she isn't too sure about him. The guy was towering over all of them and must have been around 6 feet tall at least. His face was dead serious as he spoke to her.

"Shift," said the taller one. Selena still stubbornly just glared at the man. He wasn't an alpha, she was sure. A beta maybe...

"Did you not hear him, rogue? Turn. Now." The other man said.

Selena still stared right at the stronger one. She could see the confusion in his eyes and the hesitation too.

The man, who spoke first, was visibly confused. He didn't know why he couldn't speak loudly to the wolf. She was a mere rogue who had crossed into their territory, so why did his wolf want to bow down to her.

Selena growled lowly which broke the man out of his trance.

Selena transitioned and the men, except the tall one, took a step back without any subtlety. The three wolves stood at guard in case she tried to run away.

Selena observed all the men there and all of their eyes were on her too.

She was scared. Her eyes, which travelled to each of those men rapidly, were not doing much to hide it.

"Do you know where you are?" the other man, who was shorter than the one who gave Selena the shirt asked her.

Selena just shook her head, "I didn't know I had stepped into pack lands. I was just passing by. I don't want any trouble, please just let me pass."

The shorter one scoffed and shook his head, "This one sure doesn't seem eager to run," The wolves around were still growling and were ready to pounce but Selena stood still. She had hoped that if she didn't give them any reason to hurt her and if she told them she had made a genuine mistake, they'll let her be on her way. "What do you think we should do with her, Beta?" he asked now to the other man.

The Beta, as Selena now knows, was still observing her. He didn't know why he felt this strange urge to protect this rogue wolf and he couldn't shake off the feeling that his wolf, which hated rogues, was ready to bow down to her. He cleared his throat when he felt all eyes on him and said, "The alpha can take care of her when he comes back. Lock her up in the prison for now."

Behind Selena, two wolves and turned into their human forms again and they held her by her forearms, leading her to the dungeons. Selena had just let them lead her. She was starving for a day since she didn't get to kill and was both physically, and emotionally, exhausted. She didn't fight, even if these men killed her, she'd rather die by werewolves than in the hand of sickening hunters.

____|~.~|____

For five days, Selena had been locked in the dungeon; and these five days were the calmest five days she has had in the past two years. Agreed, she was locked in a dungeon, but it was better than a cage. She was getting food to eat and not scrapes. They had provided her with spare clothes and she wasn't naked. Two days ago, she could hear what she recognized to be the voices of the two men from the first day.

Apparently, the other guy was angry with the Beta for giving her clothes and food. But the beta had just walked forward, saying, "The Alpha isn't here yet. Once it is decided that she is guilty, you can talk to the alpha about me providing basic necessities to a she-wolf."

This had turned the other guy silent. Selena had smiled slightly on hearing this. The beta came off as a nice wolf to her and even if she was kept a prisoner here, she couldn't be angry, in fact, she respected him. She knew that he will be a great leader to the pack in the absence of the alpha.

The five days were over faster than Selena had realized.

It was on the sixth day, that Selena heard two footsteps approaching her cell in the dungeon, she was leaning on the wall facing the gate of the cell. The rails allowed Selena to see through the gaps in them. Her hand, which was initially just lying beside her, felt the rough ground as she pulled it in.

The dungeon was extremely dark. So none of them could see Selena and neither could she see them. Unfortunately, for Selena, her wolf had gone into hibernation after they had been taken in, so she was practically a human now. She couldn't smell the two guys, so she could only imagine that this was the alpha.

"This is her, alpha," the voice, which she recognized to be the beta, said.

So it is the alpha, she thought.

She took in a sharp breath as she felt her wolf nudging her.

She has been gone for weeks now. It was after a long time that she had come back to help her when she ran away from her captors. Her wolf, Izzy, had stayed with her until they had been captured by these wolves. Once again, she had vanished when they were brought to this dungeon, and suddenly, she was back again.

"What purpose do you have in my territory?" he asked.

Selena didn't understand why the voice gave her goosebumps... was it because she was talking an alpha after a really long time.

"I was just passing by, I hadn't realised that I breached into another's territory," Selena whispered in a hoarse voice.

For a while the man was silent. While being quiet, Selena felt her wolf going crazy in her mind and she just wanted to feel calm and in control. It was a painful few seconds before the man spoke again, "Your name?" the man asked, there was a certain power in his voice and Selena felt weak.

"Selena Wilson," she had almost stuttered the last part but had maintained her composure.

"Selena..." The man had whispered, but both she and Ryan had heard him clearly. It was after a long, long time that Selena heard someone say her name.

She was a bit perplexed. Why would she feel like her name in his voice sounded the best?

"Do you know what happens to rogues who enter my pack land?" He asked. His voice was extremely smooth and yet has a rough edge to it. His tone had a teasing edge to it and yet he still sounded serious.

"Whatever it might be, I am sure I have seen worse." The words slipped past Selena before she even realised it.

He took in a deep breath. He wanted to go in there and talk to her but restrained himself. Everything was silent for a while. The atmosphere got tense as the silence prevailed. The two other beings were very confused.

"Xavier? Everything okay?" Ryan asked.

"Xavier," Selena whispered. She couldn't understand why she loved that name.

"Selena Wilson... Wilson... Are you from the Lunar Eclipse Pack?" He asked suddenly.

Selena's eyes widened. She stood up as fast as she could and backed up against the wall to get support, "Yes, I am the daughter of the Alpha Robert Wilson."

"If given an opportunity, will you like to be a part of this pack?" Xavier asked without any hesitation.

"What?'

"Yes."

Ryan's voice came into Xavier's mind just at the same time that Selena spoke up. But he didn't pay any attention to Ryan at this moment.

Xavier had almost smiled at the instant reply but controlled himself at the last moment, "Ryan, prepare a room on my floor for her. She is a fellow alpha. Treat her as one too." Saying this, Xavier walked away.

"Come on, Miss Wilson," Ryan said and unlocked the door. He supported her by holding her shoulder and hand and led her to the packhouse. The packhouse was the biggest house in the area where the Alpha lives until he retires. After that, he can choose to stay there in another room or move to a different house with his mate. Selena remembers this from her memories; the ground floor is where all the warriors reside, on the floor above it is the gaming room, the conference room, meeting room, and theatre room. The second floor is the room for all guests in case of any emergency meeting or if the other pack members have to get into the packhouse in case of an attack, and the top floor, the third floor, is for the alpha, and his family if they visit, the beta and his family, and the gamma and his family. However, the ex-position holders walk out and live in their own houses to get some calm and peace.

They reached the top floor of the huge house and Ryan led her to the house which was just two rooms down Xavier's.

"Well, this is your room, Ms Wilson..."

"Please, you can call me Selena."

"Selena," he smiled, "I'm Ryan Ferguson, the beta of this pack. I will be on the other side of the corridor. Knock whenever you need help," he smiled, "Welcome to the Ferocious Shadows, Selena."

____|~.~|____

This is the first chapter... Do you guys like it?

Vote,

Comment,

Share,

Show some love guys! I'd love to read what you think about the characters and the story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4.5K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
3K 267 28
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
371K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
168K 5.4K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...