Quirks don't make a hero

By Unalive

Izuku Yagi is the son of Inko and Toshinori Yagi, and the brother of Ikaru Yagi. He's bullied by Katsuki Baku... More

Chapter 1: The start
Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend
Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth
Chapter 4: The first day
Chapter 5: The USJ attack
Chapter 6: Dad-fucking-zawa
Chapter 7: Fluffy...?
Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1
Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3
Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4
Chapter 12: The date
NEW BOOK
Chapter 13: Class 1A
Chapter 13.5: After the date
13.6: After the date part 2
School 😔
Chapter 14: The tests
Chapter 15: Stain
🍋Smut🍋
Chapter 16: Recovery
NEW BOOK...again
Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time
Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨
Chapter 19: A lesson in morality
Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter
Chapter 21: Midterms
Chapter 22: Shopping is fun
Chapter 23: Camp Camp
Chapter 24: The calm and the storm
Chapter 25: The eye of the storm
Chapter 26: The whole fucking hurricane
Chapter 27: Hospitals galore
Chapter 28: Comfort
Chapter 29: Awake
{Indefinate Haitus}
Discontinued (Sorry)

Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2

16.6K 446 641
By Unalive

"HELP SHOTO'S KIDNAPPING ME!"

"Stop yelling,"

~~~

The second event was starting.

A dodgeball game.

The objective of the game was to get the most points in 30 minutes.

Everyone who made it into the top 42 had to wear a vest. All contestants started off with 0 points, but there was a different amount of points that someone gave if another person hit their vest. For example, Hatsume was worth one point as she was No. 42, while No. 41 gave two points. They also had an unlimited amount of lives. But the real kicker was that first place, Izuku himself, was worth a whopping 10 million points.

~~~

Putting on his vest, Izuku felt someone tap on his shoulder.

He turned around to face the mystery person, his face lighting up and tension releasing when he saw that it was just Hitoshi.

"Toshi! Why are you here? The event is starting soon," Izuku told him, tilting his head like a puppy making Hitoshi's heart flutter.

'Cute,' Hitoshi thinks, before speaking to him, "I just wanted to wish you good luck, Zuzu."

"You too, Toshi! You better make it into the final event!" Izuku says back to him.

Hitoshi smiles and says, "I'm planning on it."

~~~

Once the whistle blew, Izuku immediately had to dodge an onslaught of balls aimed towards him.

Because of his high point value, Izuku was a prime cut of meat for all involved, excluding Hitoshi and Mei, of course.

Hitoshi was using his training that he had gotten from the two weeks of prep that he got from two very strict trainers while Mei was using a machine she built that fires small projectiles, perfect for the balls.

Here we see Izuku, dancing around the balls, like ballet, not even throwing a single ball yet.

By the time there were only 15 minutes left, no one had managed to hit Izuku, not even close.

By that time, most people stopped trying to hit him, deeming him too good at dodging as he hasn't even broken a sweat yet. They tried to find other people that could give them points and picked them off.

Well, almost everyone.

"OI! YOU DAMN NERD! STOP DODGING AND FIGHT BACK! STOP BEING SUCH A COWARD!" Katsuki yelled, throwing a ball straight at his chest.

The ball was coming at him hot and fast like a hailstorm. Katsuki convinced the audience that he would be the only one to get the 10 million points with that throw. He was a hero course student, and he would easily get those points against a gen ed student, right?

Wrong.

Just as the ball was about to hit his vest, Izuku caught the ball and threw it back at Katsuki, faster and harder than Katsuki threw it initially. It hit Katsuki square in the chest, making him gasp in surprise and fall.

Everyone was silent.

The students, the audience, everyone, were silent.

Then Izuku walked up to Katsuki and took the ball that rolled near his body.

"Me? Being a coward? No, no," Izuku said, his hair shadowing his eyes before he looked up and showed his eyes that looked like they were glowing in the light, "I'm just giving everyone else a chance."

That's when Izuku stopped holding back.

He took his ball and threw it at Ikaru, who, at the time, had the most points behind Izuku.

The ball hit her in the chest, making her skid back.

Then everything started up again.

People became more enthusiastic; the students started aiming at him again, angered that he claimed they didn't have a chance against him. They decided that it was either all or nothing and went all out to capture the big 10 Million.

But this time, instead of dodging the balls, Izuku caught them and threw them back, hitting people straight in the chest.

He started racking up an unknown amount of points while simultaneously making sure no one hit his vest.

The match went on for another fifteen minutes; Izuku was still dancing around various people's attempts to hit him while he threw the balls back harder and faster.

Just as Izuku was about to hit Ikaru again, they all heard a sound.

The sound of a whistle. The whistle to signify that the game had concluded.

All of the students panted, trying to get air into their tired lungs from running around so much, minus Izuku, who wasn't sweating.

"What an epic game! IT TURNS ME ON! Time to announce the lucky kiddies who get to play in the final event!" Midnight announced, strutting back on stage.

She pressed a button on her controller, and a screen with 16 names pops up, showing the audience and students who made it and who didn't.

First place: Izuku Yagi, class 1C - 106 points

Second place: Hitoshi Shinsou, class 1C - 99 points

Third place: Mei Hatsume, class 1H - 98 points

Fourth place: Ikaru Yagi, class 1A - 97 points

Fifth place: Katsuki Bakugou, class 1A - 96 points

Sixth place: Shioka Bakugou, class 1A - 95 points

Seventh place: Shoto Todoroki, class 1A - 94 points

Eighth place: Kokoro Todoroki, class 1A - 93 points

Ninth place: Neito Monoma, class 1B - 92 points

Tenth place: Ochako Uraraka, class 1A - 90 points

Eleventh place: Mina Ashido, class 1A - 88 points

Twelfth place: Hanta Sero, class 1A - 85 points

Thirteenth place: Denki Kaminari, class 1A - 82 points

Fourteenth place: Eijiro Kirishima, class 1A - 80 points

Fifteenth place: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, class 1B - 79 points

Sixteenth place: Tenya Iida, class 1A - 77 points

The crowd started whispering to each other, shocked that the top three scorers weren't in class 1A or even the hero course.

"LOOK AT THAT FOLKS! THE TOP THREE SCORERS IN THE SECOND EVENT WEREN'T EVEN FROM THE HERO COURSE! THEY PROBABLY WORKED ESPECIALLY HARD TO GET WHERE THEY ARE NOW, SO GIVE THEM A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!" Present Mic yelled to the crowd, trying to ease the whispering.

After he announced that, the crowd cheered for the top three.

Izuku was ecstatic. He was the only one with a triple-digit score.

"IZUKU!" Hitoshi yelled, catching Izuku's attention.

Hitoshi came running up to him and hugged him, making Izuku slightly flustered.

"You did so well! And you have the only triple-digit score!" Hitoshi said to him, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, I'm thrilled," Izuku said to him softly, ignoring all of the other students around them.

"Come on, it's time for lunch, we have an hour break for it," Hitoshi said, taking Izuku's wrist and walking them towards the cafeteria.

"Ok, ok, I'm coming," Izuku said, laughing softly, "you can let go of my wrist now."

Hitoshi let go of Izuku's wrist, face a slight pink tint.

~~~

In the middle of one of their conversations, Shoto came and interrupted it.

"Izuku, may I speak to you privately, please?" Shoto asked Izuku, completely ignoring Hitoshi.

"It's Yagi to you, and no, I'm in the middle of a conversation," Izuku said to him, glaring.

Shoto huffed quietly and took the back of Izuku's collar, dragging him like a sack of potatoes.

"HELP SHOTO'S KIDNAPPING ME!" Izuku yelled to Hitoshi, who just looked amused.

"Stop yelling," Shoto told him, making Izuku huff in annoyance.

~~~

"So, is there a reason as to why you dragged me away from my conversation?" Izuku asked Shoto, eye twitching slightly from anger.

"Yes, I wish to apologize to you," Shoto said, voice monotone as ever.

Izuku raised his eyebrow, as he didn't believe Shoto was actually sincere due to his monotone voice.

"Explain, in detail, why you're sorry," Izuku told him, wanting to hear his reasoning for saying sorry now of all times.

"My father, Endeavor, could never surpass All Might, so he created children who could, with me being his perfect creation," Shoto explained.

Izuku's eyebrow stopped twitching.

"He trained me relentlessly, making my life pain. The only thing I knew from the age of four was the pain. He didn't train Kokoro like me, as he didn't want a female to exceed All Might, so I had no one who understood me," Shoto continued.

Izuku just stood there, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. Shoto glanced at him, then carried on.

"When we started to bully you," Shoto had a hard time saying the words, but he carried on anyway, "I wanted you to go through the same thing I did, so you could understand what I was going through. I thought it would be ok because you had loving parents who took care of you. But then, I learned that you didn't."

Izuku continued to stare.

"When I learned that you didn't have a loving home and had no one to help you, I felt things I didn't before. I realized I didn't want anyone to go through what I did. I didn't want anyone to bear the pain I did."

Shoto wiped away a tear that escaped from his eye.

"I'm sorry, Shoto sniffled, "I'm sorry I stopped being your friend, I should have stayed by your side. I'm sorry I hurt you and tormented you. You didn't deserve it. I can't take back what I did, but I can stop Katsuki from doing it." Shoto said, a flicker of something in his eyes.

Izuku walked up to him, with his hair covering his eyes, and slapped him.

Shoto just stared before saying, "I deserved that."

"You deserve a lot more than that, but that's all I'm going to give you. I'm not going to forgive you. I don't think I ever could. Maybe someday, in the far future, but for now, I can't and I won't," Izuku explained.

Shoto looked down, filled with guilt.

"I'm sorry that your father is a piece of shit, and I'm sorry that no one understands you, but that doesn't justify driving a person to consider taking their own life."

Shoto's eyes widened at that.

"You should've seen a therapist or something instead of taking it out on me. None of what happened to you justifies what you did to me. Thinking that it does just means you have a villain's mindset. I hope you bring your father to justice one day, but until then, don't take it out on others," Izuku finished explaining, starting to walk away.

Shoto quickly turned to his retreating figure and yelled out.

"I'll make it up to you! Tell me how, please," Shoto sounded desperate.

"To make it up to me?" Izuku asked, making Shoto nod his head, though Izuku couldn't see it as his back was to him.

"Fight me. Fight me with your full power. I know how you don't use your right side, and I think it's childish and immature. You said that you were acting immature before? I think you're still acting that way. Fight me with your full power, and prove that you don't think I'm useless," Izuku monologues.

"Ok, ok, I will! I'll prove to you that I don't think you're useless!" Shoto exclaimed, no longer in a monotone state of mind.

"Good. I'll see you during the final event," Izuku said, finally walking away from Shoto.

~~~

After Izuku and Hitoshi ate their lunch, it was time for the third and final event.

One on one matches.

They displayed the match-ups so the participants could get ready.

First match-up: Izuku Yagi vs Neito Monoma

Second match-up: Ochako Uraraka vs. Mina Ashido

Third match-up: Ikaru Yagi vs Shioka Bakugou

Fourth match-up: Katsuki Bakugou vs. Eijiro Kirishima

Fifth match-up: Kokoro Todoroki vs. Hanta Sero

Sixth match-up: Mei Hatsume vs. Tenya Iida

Seventh Match-up: Shoto Todoroki vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Eighth match-up: Hitoshi Shinsou vs. Denki Kaminari

~~~

Izuku, accompanied by Hitoshi, was in the waiting room preparing for his match against Monoma.

While they waited for Present Mic to announce his name, they were doing different things.

Izuku was stretching out his limbs while Hitoshi looked deep in thought.

Just as Izuku was about to ask Hitoshi what he was thinking about, Present Mic announced his name, beckoning Izuku to make his way into the arena.

"Time for my match, I guess," Izuku said, making his way towards the door.

His hand was on the handle and was about to turn it when he heard Hitoshi's voice.

"Izuku?"

"Yeah-" Izuku managed to say before he was cut off by Hitoshi. By a kiss.

"It's a good luck kiss, so kick ass!" Hitoshi chirped, before pushing Izuku out of the room and locking it, presumably to hide his embarrassment.

Izuku stood there for a moment before his face exploded into red.

He started walking towards the arena while slapping his cheeks, hoping to cool them down to get them to their default settings.

After a quick slapping session(that made Izuku's cheeks redder than before), Izuku made it to the door that stood between him and his first step to being a hero.

He was ready.

And no one will stand in his way.

~~~

Word Count: 2132

Special thanks to @natopotat for editing this I really appreciate it uwu

So I wanted to say thanks to all the people who've read this and voted for this

I never imagined that so many people would like this story

So I wanted to say that I love and appreciate everyone who's read or voted for this story so far

Until next time!

Fire out~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.6K 137
JOZAWA Conversation Hearts & SIDE STORIES tied to this work are on my page! (Y/n) was born with a water manipulation and creation quirk, destined to...
133K 1.8K 33
Izuku Mugen, formally Yagi never had a happy life. His father, Hisashi Midoriya, died before he was born. His mother, Inko(Xtreme) married Toshinori...
26.3K 616 10
Izuku Midoriya, formerly known as Yagi experienced hell Ever since he was 4 and was diagnosed as Quirkless his life turn 180 degree School sabotaged...