Marrying A Foreigner || Crazy...

By Iam_LewaKulture

Love is often described as heart warming, heart wrenching or even heart breaking. In the world full of nepoti... More

MARRYING A FOREIGNER || A NIGERIAN & SOUTH AFRICAN THEMED NOVEL
P R O L O G U E | THE FAMILY TREE
CHAPTER | 01 | THE AUDACITY
CHAPTER | 02 | SWEET REVENGE
CHAPTER | 03 | THE PROPOSAL
CHAPTER | 04 | FIRE ON THE INTERNET
CHAPTER | 06 | MOTHER IN-LAW'S & DRAMA
CHAPTER | 07 | E SHOCK YOU?
CHAPTER | 08 | THE OTHER WOMAN
CHAPTER | 09 | THE MALICIOUS PLOT
CHAPTER | 10 | CAUGHT IN THE ACT
CHAPTER | 011 | SHE CHEATED ON HIM
CHAPTER | 012 | HER PAST, HER FUTURE
CHAPTER | 013 | EX-GIRLFRIEND
CHAPTER | 014 | BOND OF SIBLINGS
CHAPTER | 015 | THE "IT" GIRL: LA VIE EN ROSE🌹
CHAPTER | 016 | THE SECOND SON: DR ADEKOLA
CHAPTER | 017 | TWO TEAMS, ONE WINNER
CHAPTER | 018 | THE FALL OUT
Chapter | 019 | SECRET SCANDAL
CHAPTER | 020 | PLAYING THE "NICE MOTHER" CARD

CHAPTER | 05 | HIS ROOTS

120 8 10
By Iam_LewaKulture

Dubai.

Minutes later, Mide comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist as he proceeded to his closet, still not done with his luggage, he moved on rummaging through his closet, trying to find something comfy to wear, a call came in through his private cell phone, the one his parents don't have the number for, except his elder sister Toke.

"Hello baby boooooy," His sister greeted him.

"Hello Toke."

"Bá wo ni. How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm fine and you."

"I'm good. How's the weather over there?"

"Cool as usual." He replies before silence took over.

"It's been two years since you came home." Toke said trying to make the conversation decent as possible. But he didn't reply.

"How's Annika?" Toke asked with so much delight, changing the topic, causing Mide to smile, "She's fine."

"Are you back in England?" Toke asked.

"No.... Still in Dubai, my flight leaves in five hours, i have some unfinished business in South Africa, I'll be there for like a two-three weeks, before i go back to England." He replies.

"Hmmm, I'm sure most of those days is to spend time with your financée, that's good to hear, ..... and oh I almost forgot... Congratulations baby brother, I saw your engagement video, it was breath taking, you really know how sweep a woman off her feet brother......Awwwwn." Toke enunciated the last words breath taking.

"Infact stepmom already found out about your engagement and she's furious like, you need to see Mrs Salami Ajirotutu raging like Ursula." Toke chuckled.

"What! How did she find out?" Mide looked rather startled yet shock.

"Find out!, Didn't you know it went viral... Like viral?."

"What do you mean viral."

"Oh please Ayomide, please don't tell me you're not aware that everyone knows about your engagement to Annika, infact the whole of Nigeria knows. I'm sure half of Cape Town should know by now" Toke said.

"What!!!!" Mide exclaimed.

"Not sure who leaked it exactly, but every social media platforms, blogs and articles has the video of you proposing to Annika, especially on Instagram, there was a live video and guess who popped up, You on your knees." Toke said in her British accent.

"I won't be surprised if it's Linda Ikeji. That woman is a pest. Fuck!" Mide hissed.

"If you say so, It's all over the news to the extent that they searched for her social media accounts and found her and got her pictures, especially the engagement ring you gave her. My dear the internet is on fire, her videos are everywhere. Your fiancée is now the most talked about, not to long ago she is now verified on Instagram and twitter, her YouTube videos are blowing up."

"How do you know all these?"

"Excuse me, i watch your financée's YouTube videos, they're fantastic. She's a masterpiece." Toke praised. Mide's heart swelled with pride, atleast one family member likes her.

One down, twelve to go.

"Wow, that explains alot." Mide rubs his head.

"Alot indeed, and already everyone knows you're bringing her home to Odunayo's wedding."

"Shit! This can't be happening. Damm!!!.......this was suppose to be a secret for Christ sake!" Mide groaned, letting out a deep breath.

"Step Mom confronted me at Grandpa's house. It was so shady." Toke explains.

"Step mom?"

"Yes, daddy's second wife, she confronted me and things got ugly, like you need to see her accusing me manipulating you in breaking up with her best friend's daughter."

"Stephanie?" Mide spat with utmost disgust in his tone.

"Of course baby brother.. Stephanie Wellington, she spewed all sorts of jargon, that I'm aware of you bringing a stranger home!"

"Really? Why will she do that, it's unacceptable, Stephanie and i broke up during high school, right before graduation, it's none of her business, she's just angry and bitter like always. No shades!"

"Indeed no shades baby brother, but StepMom went nuts and almost made a scene when I wouldn't give her any details. She said i am responsible for misleading you, that she's sure that I'm the reason you abandoned Stephanie, blah blah blah blah blah. Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada"

"Yikes! Are you kidding me. That's awful, " Mide said in his British accent.

"Yes, not only that, she said I'm your new mom, I've never respected her, i tuned our younger sister Mabel against her as well. We've never regarded her as a mother figure and i, have personally turned you against her, can you imagine. Said ever since you left for the England you never for one called her.... Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada" Mide could hear his sister's laughter at the end of the line.

"Now that's funny. Family feuds" Mide bursts into laughter.

"If you say so baby brother." Toke chimed.

"So, she doesn't knows anything else, when I'm coming or where I'm going to stay, once I get back?" He asked.

"No, but I'm sure she'll find out eventually. Get ready baby brother. And don't forget to hire securities with great abs once you get back to Nigeria. My new sister in-law needs protection" Toke teased.

"You must be joking," Mide laughed. "What about mum, i spoke to her days ago, she didn't seem angry." He questioned.

"Hmmm, well mom is fine and i don't think the news has reached her, but you know our mother, she won't show it, however grand pa hasn't said anything yet to me, even dad, i don't think they're aware about your engagement, i guess they're just waiting for you to come back, especially grandmother." Toke warmed

Mide took a deep breath. "I haven't forgotten her." He rolled his eyes.

"More reasons you need bouncers seriously, you need to protect your self from Mum, if you don't want to be battered by her. You know how mum can be a clawed lioness." Toke laughed.

Mide chuckled "No, there's no need for security, I'll just meet them and explain everything."

"Ok, if you say so baby boy. Well, I gotta run, George's calling, time for lunch."

"My regards to Uncle George and kiss my nephew and niece for me." Mide said wholeheartedly.

"I will, and you took must take care of Annika for me. My baby girl deserves to be taken care of, don't lose her."

"I will Mrs Makinwa......but tell me, why I'm i having a feeling you like my fiancée more than your own brother" Mide teased.

"I don't know, it happens, tides change..... don't worry when you come back to Nigeria I'll save you all your favorite dishes okay."

Mise chuckles. "Are you for real, I'm not a kid anymore."

"Look whose talking, like I care, who baby sitted you when you were young mmm? Anyways you're still my baby brother and i love you, never forget that, and don't forget mum might call you anytime soon. Be prepared. Okay, love you. Bye." Toke blew a kiss and ends the call, leaving Mide to drop his phone.

The day had not started well for Mide at all, after having a conversation with his sister, it was clear that his family is going whirlwind all because of him. Such family drama humph!

It's been two years, since he left Nigeria. All he wanted was to take his fiancée home as a surprise to his parents but it was to no avail. The news was out already.

His stepmom freaked out, and his mother is giving him silent treatments. Grandpa hasn't said anything, grandma was another obstacle but dad didn't have a problem, he'll definitely support his decisions. But then again matters are starting to arise about his Ex; Stephanie.

Too much drama to handle.

Now his entire family and friends are already reacting after they heard the news, nonetheless his thinking of Annika, wondering if she's already found out who he was and how she'd react if she knew his background.

But then, he isn't bothered, he is already engaged to her and he is going to marry her no matter the cost.

Suddenly his phone beeps.

"Oh shit I'm running late." Mide mutters to himself as he quickly grabs something comfy yet presentable and expensive, he had a flight to catch, he was going to meet his fiancee's family in Cape Town and surely they were going to bombard him with questions as to why he never told them who he was.

*********

Cape Town, South Africa.

After their trip to Dubai, plans changed, their relationship was on a whole new level now. Mide decided to travel back to Johannesburg to see his fiancée's family.

Normally, Annika would just be at an event or a photoshoot, or at home filming a video or creating content, but on a day such as this, The Twala's family flew over to Cape Town to meet with Annika at a resort to celebrate her engagement. Her mom, her dad, her older brother and his wife with their new born son, her aunt and her uncle.

Her elder brother Sobusiso and elder sister Tumi were absent, both called to wish her congratulations and Annika was happy.

Unknown to Annika, The Ajirotutu's owned the resort, so everything was covered.

As usual Mide was calling her to know if everyone was settled in and everything was sorted out and not only that was he looking out for, he wants to spend time with her alone and it was all because of the picture she sent to him.

Annika sure knows how to send Mide on the edge.

After spending time at a hotel, her family drove straight to the resort, Mide had already booked for them; a five star resorts and they will be staying at the royal suite.

Already the moment Mide meet Mr Vusi Twala, immediately he started having a man to man talk, of course the girl's dad needs to ask questions after finding out who the man his daughter has been seeing is from a well know family in Africa, Nigeria to be presis. So he needs Mide's assurance that his daughter will be in safe hands.

Her elder brother Themba, and his wife Lydia were settled in their room taking a nap. While her uncle, Shadrach and aunt Grace immediately went on a tour.

However while Mide and Mr Twalla were at the resort bar having the talk, Annika and Mom went shopping. She had to buy some designer dresses, shoes and bags and some lace, ankara and other Nigerian prints, just to look presentable when she arrives at Nigeria.

Annika looks at her reflection in a mirror as she holds on either of her hands a nude and a white dress to her body.

Her mother, Mrs Valencia Twala, in her late 40s, a successful real estate agent, a mother of four, married to Vusi Twala, a financially stabled south african business man.

Valencia shakes her head while asking her younger daughter questions about Mide.

Yes, Mrs Twala had met Mide on countless occasions, but he never mentioned who he was, let alone act like a rich kid. Not even a slightest nigerian accent or behavior. He was behaving like a boy hustling to send money to his family in Nigeria.

"So you mean you didn't know Mide is the son of a multi-billionaire?" Valencia asked her daughter she went through the dresses on the racks.

"How will i know mum, he didn't tell me." Annika said as her mother turns to look at her direction.

"He didn't tell you, Annika what in God's name are you even saying, both of you have been dating for two years and you didn't take your time to do a research on your fiance?" Mrs Twala's tone changed, but Annika pretended not to hear her by pulling out a dress trying to wave the question.

"What do you think of this dress Mum?" Annika pulls out a Fashion Nova flowery dress with a beautiful slit.

"It's sluty are you blind, you're going to Nigeria not a strip club." Mrs Twala said in her Zulu accent, her remarks weren't nice as Annika's shoulders fell.

"What! It's Fashion Nova mummy... How about i try out this Zara, Louis Vuitton?." Annika indicated the dress.

"Don't ignore my question, I'm asking you again, why didn't you ask Mide about his family?"

"Because i thought it wasn't necessary. He works here in Dubai, and other countries as a business man, very successful, except for times when i asked him about his family, he says they're comfortable, and he changes the subject what else is left for me to know." Annika shrugs.

"Everything Annika, everything. In two days you're going to Nigeria my dear, Ni-ge-ria."

"A country we've always heard about and never been to my darling." Mrs Twala said as Annika rolls her eyes, returning the dress to the rack and searching for a better dress.

"Annika my child." Mrs Twala quickly grabs her daughter's shoulder.

"Look, you don't know how happy i am that you've finally found your dream husband, infact I'm the most happiest mother in the world."

"You need to see the way your father's family are reacting to the news, everyone knows you're getting married to the son of a Nigerian billionaire and they're already picking out colors for your traditional marriage. Especially your father's elder sister, that woman." Mrs Twala hissed, cursing in her native language (Tswana).

"Mum, you need to stop hating on Aunt Dineo."

"I'm not hating, she needs to stop acting like she has my family's interest in mind. It's not my fault my children are more successful than hers."

"Mummy!"

"What! It's true, and i promise you, she won't have a say in your wedding Annika trust me, i haven't forgotten what she did at your elder sister's wedding, how she acted as if she was the mother of the bride. And i already told your father that if she ask about any plans concerning your wedding, he should tell her that I and the Ajirotitu family are the ones planning everything." Mrs Ndamase said in a high octave.

"Whatever you say mum, just ignore her, ok, so....." Annika's mum cuts her off.

"How's his family like, i heard his father has two wives, is it true?" Mrs Twala asked as Annika shrugs. "Yes."

"What! Two wives oh my God...." She blasted her in her native Zulu tongue.

"Oh mum please, not again,"

"What do you mean by that, if he's father married two wives, how sure are you that his family won't force him to marry another girl." Mrs Twala added.

"It's not going to happen mum, Mide loves me and he'll never break my heart. And Yes i know his father is married to two women and i don't care. Mide will not be like his father. Trust me on this mum."

"And I'm not shocked about the news spreading all over social media, I'm not surprised one bit. Yes there will be good and nasty comments, but i don't care Mum, i trust Mide, and I know there's a reason why he hid the secret from me and now that I'm going home to meet his parents, i believe everything will work out."

"Hmmmm.... Anni You think so?" Mrs Twala eyes softened.

"I know so. I trust Mide with my whole heart, body, soul and mind and he's promised me everything will be fine."

"Hmmm ok, but trust me you need to be careful around his family, especially his mother, you know how my friend Olenna complained about her daughter's nigerian mother in-law."

"Mooooooom, don't start getting any ideas from people, i told you stop comparing, it's unhealthy." Annika cautioned, knowing that tone of her mother's so well.

"Ah! What ideas? When you brought Mide home last thanksgiving, everyone who saw you two lovebirds together said you were perfect for each other."

"Now it's his turn to introduce you to his family. Do you think they'll take the news just like that. Don't forget they're typical Nigerians." Mrs Twala gushed, unable to contain herself.

"Mom, stop worrying, I'll be fine." Annika said, trying to downplay it. As excited as she was about all the possibilities that hung over the trip, she wasn't going to encourage her mom for the time being.

Her mother was already far too invested in her happiness, and she didn't want to get her hopes up too much.

Still, Mrs Ndamase was brimming with anticipation. "My daughter, I know men like Mide. He can act a scholar all he wants, but I know deep down he is the marrying kind. He wants to settle down and have many children, but his family....." Mrs Twala said indignantly.

"Mom, just stop!" Annika said in a bored tone. Don't worry.... I'll be fine hmmm." She assures her, picking a Channel dress.

"What about this one?"

"No! No! No! No! You can't wear that to meet Mide's mother. Black and white is for Nigerian funerals." Mrs Twala said as she took out a Valentino dress.

"Now this, this symbolizes good fortune and fertility." Mrs Twala holds up a conservative red dress.

"Great! I was really going for that 'lucky baby-maker' vibe."

"Hey! You are the one who asked for my help picking out a dress to meet Mide's family."

"Yes, and i asked you about this earlier but you're turning deaf ears, now that you've found out he's the son of one of the richest families in Africa you're having a benefit of a doubt whether to follow him."

"How can you say that Mum, if i didn't want to meet his family, i wouldn't have accepted his proposal."

"If you say so, but now you've found out who he is, You need to be confident, because you're going to Nigeria, and I'm telling you Mihlali, Nigerian kids, especially the sons, never jokes with their mothers." Mrs Twala said as Annika turns to her.

"Are you saying my fiance is a Mama's boy?"

"No, but that's what all good Nigerian children do. They never do anything without alerting their mothers and trust me Mide's mother will be waiting to meet you. And be ready."

"Your engagement is a big surprise for his family and me too i can't wait for wedding date to fix, so that Mide will come and pay your bride price and then I'll get to wear that errm...what did Olenna wear during her daughter's wedding remind me?." Mrs Ndamase says as Mihlali chuckles. "Aso ebi."

"Yes.... Aso ebi, i can't wait to wear that too, infact i can't wait to see you in a wedding dress, so you better behave when you meet the Ajirotitu family." Mrs Twala said indignantly while she keep searching for more dresses.

"Oh, and you are going to have a wonderful time. You've always wanted to go to Nigeria and who
knows, if all goes well you might just come back with a baby."

"Oh my God mum stop! Mide and I haven't even talked about that. We haven't planned when we'll be leaving for Nigeria. We're newly engaged, we haven't even gotten his parents blessings yet."

"Oh please you're already blessed in the name of the Father, Son and Holy ghost, Amen! all I'm asking is that if you have to carry his child for you to bear the family's name just do it Annika."

"Goodness gracious. Mum!"

*************
Dearest Reader 🙋,

Thanks for reading, what do you think of this chapter?

To receive more update and notifications, add this book to your reading list and please click the follow bottom in my profile.

Please vote by clicking the 🌟star button below👇🏼 if want to see more of this chapter in the future, your vote is equal to my payment for writing, your comment pushes me to work harder, and your shares make me elated.❤️

Je t'aime 💕 ( i love you),

Lewa Kulture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
230K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
22.7K 4K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
74.6K 10.3K 59
As She turned around to make her way back to the screening room, She bumped into someone again! Which made all the popcorn in her hands and His to fa...