The Getaway Car in Overdrive...

By anamonroe12

Taylor just moved to LA and lives with her best friend Erica. She isn't quite sure what she wants to do, but... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

1

306 6 0
By anamonroe12

Beep Beep Beep

I wake up fast to the sound of my alarm. I used to hate getting up early, but not anymore because now I live in LA. So far it has been a dream. I just moved in with my best friend Erica who was nice enough to let me rent one of the rooms in her apartment. I don't really know exactly what I want to do here, and it was kinda against my parents wishes for me to drop out of college and move away. But I had a gut feeling that it was the right thing to do so here we are (I have never really been one to listen to reason).

Ding

A text from Cameron. I met Cameron like the second day after I moved here, he lives next door. He seemed sweet in the beginning, like he would buy me flowers and text me good morning but now to be honest I am kind of bored of him. Like yes, he is sweet, but he works a boring job, has boring friends, and doesn't like the explosive energy of LA as much as I do. I need a reason to leave him.

Erica calls me "Hey Taylor, you want the other half of my bagel?"

"Ya!" I shout back. Jumping out of bed I realize I need to get ready for my job at the coffee shop down the street. Like I said I don't really know what I want to do here except meet cool people and do cool things, and one time I met Lana Del Rey at my shop, so hey, there is a start! I get dressed and put on my uniform for work which is just some black jeans and a black polo shirt (we have an apron with our nametag we put on when we get there). "Thanks for the bagel Erica!" I tell her.

"No problem!" she says back. I check my hair in the mirror as I leave, my blonde curls look decent, so I decide to just leave it as is.

Making coffee can be a bit monotonous but recently I have decided to romanticize everything in my life and honestly, it's made everything so much more fun and exciting. I also am looking forward to tonight, I don't know exactly what we are doing yet but Erica, Cameron and I are going out so I mean it should be fun. As I look up after taking the last girls order, I meet eyes with this gorgeous guy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 64K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
436K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...