New Rules | Choi Yeonjun TXT

By poppinstarlight

according to greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two f... More

¹ Pastries & Practices
² Accidental Auditions
³ Grades & Guilt
⁴ Phone Calls
⁵ Practice & Preparations
⁶ Intimidation & Idols
⁷ Contracts
⁸ [Un]familiar Surroundings
⁹ Soul-what?
¹⁰ Not Yet
¹¹ Fainted Truths
¹² Formal Introductions
¹³ Healer
¹⁴ Baby Steps
¹⁵ Closer
¹⁶ Past & Present
¹⁷ Matching & Munching
¹⁸ No Thoughts, Only Yeonjun
¹⁹ Good Mo(u)rning
²⁰ Accidents
²¹ X's & O's
²² Remedy & Remorse
²³ Last Minute Plans
²⁴ Moving Along
²⁵ Different Dreams
²⁶ Secrets
²⁷ Catching Up
²⁸ Drifting Away
²⁹ Metanoia
³⁰ Mending
³¹ Reminders
³³ Late Night Leisures
³⁴ Delayed Diagnosis
³⁵ Trauma and Training
³⁶ [Dis]Connecting
³⁷ Rookie Routine
³⁸ Under Suspicion
³⁹ Jenga Tower
⁴⁰ Moonlight & Sunrise

³² New Home

3.4K 149 29
By poppinstarlight

~ one week later ~

The past few days have been riddled with tearful goodbyes and enthusiastic comments like "don't forget us when you're famous".

It was also time for catch up:

Jan finally knew that you'd become a BigHit trainee. And so did your fellow trainee-friends under JYPE.

Janice was nothing but supportive of you, but she didn't say much about her own audition.

The other trainees seemed to have mixed reactions of the excitement, shock, and disappointment. They also had no idea that you all were supposed to debut this year.

Your parents are now the only ones who knew that you've been soulbonded, but you've decided to wait to tell them to who.

Yeonjun called you everyday before you went to bed and he began his day. Doing so provided him a sense of security.

After a year of tedious schoolwork, you can finally return and call Korea your home.
Under a new company with new friends, but the same dream.

~•~

You faced an apartment that you assumed was a dorm.
One you thought would house the other trainees.

Instead, 5 friendly and overly enthusiastic faces looked at you through the window.

"Y/N, you'll be living in TXT's dorm for the time being. You also have a meeting at the company after lunch." Manager Singyu announces before leaving.

"Wait I'm living where?"

"With us!!" Beomgyu exclaims, running out as Yeonjun follows to take your bags.

"You're stuck with us~" Beomgyu teases.

"The company thought it'd be best for us to strengthen our bond," Yeonjun interjects.

"I don't have a roommate, so you can stay with me or in the guest room." He continues.

of course i'm staying with you dummy

Yeonjun pauses and turns to you, smiling widely, "I can finally hear you again.."

His soft voice and expression was so endearing, you finally understood how much this power meant to him.

It reassured him that even with Metanoia, he doesn't have to fear losing you.

Yeonjun led you to his room and you stared in awe.

"This is so much nicer than the trainee dorms.." You muttered as Yeonjun smiled.

JYP Entertainment trainee dorms housed about 7 other trainees, leaving limited space for each individual person.
Yeonjun having a room to himself seemed insane.

"And it's all yours."

Yeonjun nearly lost balance as you attacked him with a hug, burying your face in the hoodie he wore.

"I missed you too, babe." He chuckled, tightly hugging you back.

Yeonjun helped you unpack what you could before heading off to make lunch.

+x+

"This is your training schedule for the next month. We'll have evaluations about every 4 weeks, so be sure to check in with the team when you can."

You flip through the little notebook, a bit overwhelmed at the complexity of the schedule.

Though it seemed jam-packed, the company
still considered the time you needed to spend with Yeonjun.

"You'll be meeting the other trainees and having lessons at the other studio."

"Other studio?"

"It's not too far from TXT's dorm, so you can stop by later tonight if you'd like."

Would you see Janice there as well? Was she accepted as a trainee?

"Oh! Also," the coordinator paused.

"You'll be TXT's new camera-person for T:TIME's."

"Um.. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to film and editing.." You sat in confusion as you were handed a handheld camera.

"That's okay, you'll shadow the current person before going alone. This way, you can be beside Yeonjun without people getting suspicious."

smart move

After thanking the coordinator, you headed directly to the first task on your schedule: Korean and dance lessons.

The company spared no second in getting you situated and ready to train.

Although your Korean has drastically rebounded, there was always room to improve, especially if you wanted to be a vocalist.

While you were stuck repeating and enunciating phrases, the boys were nearly done with comeback preparations for the day.

+x+

"Hey Lemonhead." You giggled at Yeonjun's neon-yellow hair as he walked into the practice room.

The stylists would always spray Yeonjun's hair neon yellow for shoots, and you often teased him for it.

The Korean lesson had come to an end and you were given a break before the dance lesson for dinner.

"Your Lemonhead." He mumbled.

"My wha-"

"I brought you food!~" Yeonjun removes two bento boxes from his backpack and offers you one.

"You haven't eaten much since arriving, so I made you dinner. And the first day can be exhausting, so eat up!" You smiled at the sweet gesture and opened the beautifully organized bento box.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"Oh! No, this one is also yours. I wasn't sure how long you'd be practicing today, so I made an extra just in case."

There's a reason why Yeonjun's name always translates to "Fed".

He was really out here keeping you fed.

You spent the next 40ish minutes discussing the progress on your song together and his comeback preparations.

Adjusting to being in Korea was definitely easier this time around.

Yeonjun eventually stood from his seated position, "We're done for the day, so we'll be heading back to the dorm."

You pouted and grabbed his arm, preventing him from leaving.

He chuckled, "Stop being so adorable, I'll be waiting for you at home, you're gonna do great."

After giving you a quick peck on the cheek, he strode out of the room and you waited for the instructor to return.

+x+
for fun :)

+x+

+x+

[A/N] - DOUBLE UPDATE! (31+32)
hello my loves!

i just transferred to a new university and i'll be starting classes next week, so i've been trying my best to write some chapters before then!

as always, thank you so SO much for reading and supporting my story. i'm always blown away by the support and i love reading all your comments as you read!

please stay safe + healthy!
(oh! also check out TXT's DRAMA music video!)

venus <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 2.6K 26
Originally published 2019-2020 {2022 Version} God/Goddess Au "When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say...
3.4K 152 17
Where in a universe, your loved one's name is marked on your wrist like a permanent tattoo visibly. No privacy of love interest is hidden, they're al...
151K 10.8K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
143K 9.7K 32
soulmate au. a alternate universe in which everyone's eyes are a dull grey, the only persons eye colour you can see is your soulmates. when you make...