Reality Ever After

By ScribbledVisions

Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growin... More

Copyright ©
Part 1. Our Journey
Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining
Part 3. Let me Protect You
Part 4. I'll Hold You Till the End of Time
Part 5. Mockery Malfunctioned
Part 6. Late Night Phenomenon
Part 7. Pent-Up Emotional Outburst
Part 8. I'll Be There For You
Part 9. Coffee Chronicles
Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations
Part 12. The Note is Too Low
Part 13. You Before Me
Part 14. D-Day Jitters
Part 15. Relationship Analytics
Part 16. A Cinderella Moment
Part 17. The Adregenic Concert
Part 18. Head over Heels
Part 19. Plan B
Part 20. This Ain't a Fairy Tale
Part 21. A Two-Way Street?
Part 22. Pieces of a Puzzle
Looking for Inspiration
Part 23. Unknown Aptitude
Part 24. Awkward Huddle
Part 25. Girl Talk
Part 26. Physics & Pa
Part 27. A Tangled Mess
Part 28. Mad At (About) You
Part 29. Lean on me
Part 30. Happy Realization
Part 31. Home
Part 32. Bills and Birth Control
Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions
Part 34. Insecurities At Play
Part 35. Bickering Travellers
Part 36. Tipsy Tales
Part 37. Travel Diaries
Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal
Part 39. My Pillar of Strength
Part 40. Crime Master Gogo
Part 41. A Long Day's Night
Part 42. Impulsive Decisions
Part 43. The First Compromise
Part 44. Friend or Follower?
Part 45. Solace in your Arms
Part 46. Denial & Acceptance
Part 47. Pride & Protectiveness
Part 48. Finding Family
Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise
Part 50. You Inspire Me
Part 51. A Born Leader
Part 52. Envy, Guilt & Fury
Part 53. Shattered But Stronger
Part 54. The Price of Privilege
Part 55. Struggle to Success
Part 56. A Peek into the Future
Decode the cover
Part 57. Diverging Thoughts
Part 58. Baby Steps
Part 59. Rejection
Part 60. Just Another Bad Day
Part 61. Wants and Needs
Part 62. Helpless Turmoil
Part 63. Seize & Surrender
Part 64. Bare My Soul
Chapter 65. Forever Rose
Note
The MaNan Movie - Such a Sham!
Part 66. Ground Rules
Chapter 67: Pawn in the Game
Part 68. Life is a Lie
Part 69. Numb
Part 70. House of Cards
Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm
Note
Part 72. A Web of Love
Part 73. The Battle of the Mind
KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?
Part 74. Letting Go
Part 75. One Last Time
Part 76 - The Beauty of Their Dreams

Part 10. Lovers' Quarrel

7K 535 87
By ScribbledVisions

Manik and Nandini were shocked to find Amms standing in the living room at Manik's house at 5:30 am.

Nandini - Amms.... aap yahan? Iss time pe? Aa...aap yahan kya kar rahe ho?

Manik put Nandini on her feet and suddenly realised what state of undress both of them were in. He was in his boxers and a vest and she was in his shirt with the shortest of her shorts which were not even visible with his large shirt. He knew Amms had put two and two together and was just scared of her reaction now.

Nandini - Amms. Woh main Manik ke ghar pe.

Amms - Hume laga tum Alya, Mukti aur Navya ke saath Navya ki help kar rahi ho but tumne humse jhoot bola. I need an explanation Nandini.

Manik - Woh Amms.. Nandini...

Amms - Manik. Maine yeh sawaal Nandini se poocha hai. Iska jawab Nandini degi.

Nandini - Haan Amms. I stayed over at Manik's. And this is not the first time.

Amms - I'm very disappointed Nandini. I didn't expect ki tum humse jhoot bologi.

Nyonika - Manik. What the hell is this? I didn't know that tum Nandini ki family se jhoot bol rahe the all this while. Do you even know what it means for a girl in our society to live with a man without a marriage.

Manik - Listen, don't make a scene here? You have got nothing to do this. Please leave.

Nyonika - Manik. Don't try to run away from your mistakes. Is this what I have taught you? Tumhe toh iss situation se koi farak nahi padega because you're a guy. But can you imagine the kind of things people will call Nandini? She'll be labelled as a slut.

Manik - Mind your language Ny... Not a word against Nandini.

Nyonika - Exactly Manik. You should've thought about this before you both started sleeping together. I understand you'll have all the teenage hormones and you both are in a relationship but this is not acceptable. Just look at both of you. We have servants in the house. And you think they don't notice anything and that they don't gossip?

Manik and Nandini finally understood this was one of Nyonika's cheap tricks to break them by involving Nandini's family. She was the reason why Amms was in his house and she was now adding fuel to the fire to provoke Amms.

Nandini - Nyonika Ma'am. That's enough drama for this morning, don't you think? And don't blame Manik for the reason I'm here. I'm here because I want to be here. I'm here because I love Manik and I don't think you have the right to interfere with what we do behind closed doors.

Nyonika - Really? Are you saying we don't have any rights even as parents?

Nandini - Don't even try calling yourself a parent Nyonika. You're the mother who frames her own son in a murder trial. So let's not even go there. And to answer your other question, Manik and I are adults. We have the complete right to decide if we want to have a physical relationship or not.

Amms - Nandini. Is this the way you talk to your elders?

Nandini - I'm sorry Amms. But I can never have any respect for Nyonika. And Amms, I'm sorry.

She walked up to her grandmother and held her hand.

Nandini - I'm sorry that I lied to you about staying here. Mujhe laga ki aap comfortable nahi honge about this. And I really regret lying to you. I'm sorry. But like I told Nyonika Ma'am, I don't regret any part of my relationship with Manik. I love Manik and I'm here because I choose to be here with him. Manik is going through a tough time. And mujhe uske saath rehna zyaada important laga.

Manik - Amms. I know you shouldn't have found out the way you did. But aap jaanti ho how much I love Nandini. And I promise you that we're not just fooling around. I won't let Nandini's reputation be harmed in any way. Please trust me on this.

Nyonika - Manik. You seriously think Nandini's grand-mom is going to be okay with this. You have no idea how difficult it is to bring up a daughter in our society. And on top of that, she's almost living with her boyfriend.

Amms - You're wrong Mrs. Malhotra. I have never thought that raising a daughter is anything different than raising a son. And I trust Nandini. She will not let me down. Nandini has been brought up with the right values.

Nyonika - Really? Right values? Abhi Abhi Nandini ne aapke saamne accept kiya that she's in a physical relationship with my son. Aur aap ko abhi bhi lagta hai that she has the right values. Wow!

Amms - Haan mujhe abhi bhi yeh lagta hai. Manik and Nandini love each other. And both of them are adults to choose what they want. I don't think they're wrong in their place. Haan, yeh humari society mein commonly accepted nahi hai. But it's time we progressed with our thoughts.

Nyonika - Now I get it. All of you are fucking gold-diggers. You're giving them permission to sleep around and later, aap issi reason ko use karke Manik ki wealth par attack karenge.

Manik - Nyonika. That's enough. I was keeping shut just because Amms was here. But not anymore. How dare you! How dare you make a spectacle of my relationship with Nandini. How dare you even speak to Amms in this degrading manner. Just because you used the same method to get Dad's wealth doesn't mean everyone is like that. And mind you Nyonika, I know what you're doing. If you think all of these tricks can break Nandini and me, you're highly mistaken. I know Amms being here is no coincidence. Tumne inhe yahaan bulaya hai so that she sees Nandini here. But unfortunately, your plan failed because you thought Amms would be orthodox in her thinking and wouldn't approve of Nandini being here. You know what Nyonika, these are the people who are actually progressive in life unlike you, who is a hypocrite.

Amms - Tum sahi keh rahe ho Manik. Mujhe yahaan inhone itni subah bulaya Space ke liye classical music workshop arrange karne ke liye. Par mujhe nahi lagta aisa koi bhi agenda hai. Anyway, main ab chalti hu. Nandini and Manik, aaj shaam college ke baad mujhse milne aana.

Manik - Okay Amms. Hum aa jayenge.

Manik - Nyonika, stop messing with my life. This is my last warning to you. You try one more thing and you'll hear it from Dad.

Nyonika was boiling with anger once Amms left. Why the hell was it so difficult to break these two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manik and Nandini walked into Manik's room and Manik banged the door shut in his anger.

Manik - Damn! What the fuck is happening nowadays. Every fucking day is a new drama. Pehle woh Harshad, phir Dhruv aur ab Nyonika. Can't we have one god damn day in peace. Ek toh tumhari exam aa rahi hai. I'm trying to not get you distracted but roz kuch na kuch toh ho jaata hai. Fucking hell.

Nandini - Calm down Manik. We'll deal with it. Amms toh maan gayi na. She wasn't as mad as we thought she would be. I mean she was so cool about this. I can't believe it.

Manik - I know right. I was so scared she was going to take you away from me.

Nandini held his face and made him look at him.

Nandini - Tumhe kya ho gaya hai? Why are you suddenly so insecure? I don't think mujhe yeh kehne ki zaroorat hai that I'm not leaving you. Never.

Manik pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

Manik - I know. But I can't help but be scared. I feel like the whole world is trying to take you away from me. I won't be able to live without you. Tumhe pata hai na that I need you.

Nandini - Main kahiin nahi jaa rahi Manik. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be with you.

She kept hugging him till he calmed down. She was so not used to seeing a weak and vulnerable Manik. He was head-strong and usually had everything under his control. Why was he so weak and insecure suddenly? Especially when it concerned her? She knew this was something deeper than he was letting out. And she even knew he won't talk about it till he was ready. But right now, she just needed to be there for him and she would no matter what. Manik had suffered enough with all the people who had tried to hurt him. No one would hurt him anymore. She would make sure of that.

Nandini - Don't you worry Coconut. You're going to be waking up at 5 am to make me coffee for the rest of your life. You're not going to get away with that. You remember, there was a time when 'Manik Malhotra subah kisi ke liye nahi uthta tha'. But look at you now, Manik Malhotra has been up since 5 am!

Manik knew she was trying to cheer him up and the truth to be told, she did make him smile.

Manik - Of course. But tumhari yeh exam ko jaane do, you'll see how much advantage I'm going to take of us waking up so early in the morning.

Nandini - Really? How are you going to do that?

Manik - I've heard early morning sex is one of the best ways to start a day and trust me, I'll voluntarily wake up at 5 am for sex.

Nandini - Manik! You're so shameless!

Manik - Arrey. Why am I shameless? I want to do it with my own girlfriend not anybody else's.

Nandini - Anybody else ke baare mein socha bhi na toh dekh lena.

She was pulling his ear out of sheer thought of someone else.

Manik - Ouch. Stop it. And there's no way anybody else also wakes up at 5 am. Even for sex.

Nandini - Yeah right. Anyway, bohot drama ho gaya. Tumhe phir se sona hai toh so jao. I'm getting back to studying before something else happens. I'm beginning to feel we're a part of some TV show nowadays. So much drama every single day!

Manik - Hmmm.

She made herself comfortable at the bedpost with her book.

Nandini - Come. Chalo so jao.

Manik - But tum wahaan kyu baithi ho? You don't like studying on the bed. Main so jaunga.

Nandini - Tumhe bhi pata hai tumhe easily neend nahi aayegi after all this drama. Put your head on my lap and I'll study while you're sleeping.

Manik - Are you sure?

Nandini - Just come and sleep Manik.

Manik - I'm fine Nandini. You concentrate on studying.

Nandini - You know I won't be able to concentrate anyway if I won't know for myself ki tum theek ho? So why are you arguing with me?

Manik eventually just gave up arguing and lay down on his bed with his head in Nandini's lap. Nandini was soon running her fingers in his hair trying to calm him down and eventually help him sleep.

Manik, on the other hand, was even more disturbed. The last couple of days had been quite troublesome for the two of them. A whole lot of people in their lives were trying to hurt him or break them apart. And Nandini had stood like a rock with him throughout. Be it Nyonika, Harshad or Dhruv, she had given back fair and square to all of them. She even stood up to her Amms for them today. She truly was his protector. But what bothered him was that she had made him the center of her universe. All her actions revolved around being there for him or protecting him. And unknowingly, she was compromising on her dreams. He just couldn't live with the fact that he was the reason she was neglecting her dreams and ambitions. And the worst part was that she didn't even realize it. He had to ensure she didn't screw her entrance exam. He needed to ensure she wasn't distracted until her exam. All of their relationship drama could continue later. But if she didn't do well in this exam, she would lose an entire year. He couldn't fall asleep with all these thoughts in his head. He suddenly sat up.

Nandini - Kya hua?

Manik - Nothing. I can't sleep.

She immediately put her book aside and as Manik thought, all her attention was on him again.

Nandini - Kya hua Manik? Are you okay?

Manik, noticing that, once again felt guilty for what he was doing to Nandini.

Manik - You know what, you should study in your house until your exam. Amms waise bhi aaj raat ko Mangalore jaa rahi hai. So you'll have your room back. Yahaan pe Nyonika ka koi bharosa nahi. I don't want you to get into any more drama than necessary until your exam. And don't even come to college. I'll get the principal to grant you medical leave for your foot. Tum sirf tumhari exam pe concentrate karo. Lock yourself till you take the exam. You're not meeting me or anyone from college until you finish the exam.

Nandini - What? Are you mad? Why are you putting me on house arrest?

Manik - You need to get away from all this drama and especially me. Aren't you seeing all of this? You want to fail in your exam?

Nandini - Manik. Tumhe bhi pata hai I will not fail. And I don't care even if I do. I'm not leaving you alone.

Manik - What? Leaving me alone? Main koi baccha nahi hoon.

Nandini - I don't care but I am not going on house arrest till my exams. I am going to continue coming here and going to college normally. That's it.

Manik - Nandini. Why aren't you understanding? Tumhare dimaag ko ho kya jaata hai when it comes to me. Tum kisi bhi cheez pe concentrate nahi karti. As flattering it is for me all the time, but you need to start thinking about your career too. Last year, Musicana mein you broke down on stage just because of me. Fusion concert ke time bhi all your attention was on me instead of practicing. You were ready to give up the whole opportunity just because I wouldn't sing with you. Then, in the talent hunt also, just because main upset tha about Dhruv and Alya, all your attention was on me again. And now this. Don't you think you need to start prioritizing your career?

Nandini - What do you mean? You're blaming me for all of that? You broke my heart during Musicana. Our relationship was shattered into pieces during the fusion concert. And you were so low because of Dhruv, Alya and Nyonika during the talent hunt preparations. First of all, I do everything in my power to be there for you and you're asking me why did I do this? I can't believe you think like that. You know what, you're right. I'm not going to prioritize you at all now. Main ghar jaa rahi hu. And don't even bother coming over to meet me. I don't even want to see your face anymore.

She took out a pair of clothes from the wardrobe and went into the bathroom to change.

Manik, on the other hand, was regretting fighting with her.

Manik - Dammit. I shouldn't have said all of this to her. Of course I know she did all of it for me or because of me. And I taunted her because of the same reason. Damn!!!

But what could he do? She just wouldn't listen. It was a fact that she lost all logic or reasoning when it came to him. And right now, she had to think about herself more than him. He knew she didn't want to leave him alone with everything that's happening with Nyonika and Dhruv. But he couldn't be so selfish and let her screw her career up because of this. Of course he could take care of himself till the time her exams got done. Did she not trust him to take care of himself for a few days.

Nandini came out and started stuffing her handbag with the books she could find and walked out of his room without a word. Unfortunately, she couldn't run out with her injured foot like she wanted to. In fact, she was having a hard time climbing down the staircase. She knew Manik was looking over to ensure she didn't fall off the staircase. No matter how much they fought; they always looked out for each other. After waiting for sometime and seeing her not make any progress, Manik walked over and picked her up and started climbing down the stairs.

Nandini - Manik. Put me down. I don't need your help. Main manage kar lungi.

Manik - Mujhe pata hai. But please, I want to sleep well after you leave. So main yeh tumhare liye nahi, mere liye kar raha hu so I don't lose sleep over you hurting yourself. And I know you won't let me drop you home now. So please, driver ko bol raha hu. Chup chap ghar pohoch jaana.

He went out of the house and put her on the backseat of one of his cars and put on the seat belt. He even ensured that the door was child-locked so Nandini couldn't open the door from inside.

Manik - Suno. Nandini ko ghar chodna hai. Aur kahiin bhi choda na, toh you're fired!

He banged the car door shut and walked inside the house.

Nandini, on the other hand, was fuming. First of all, he distanced himself from her, he said all those hurtful things and now he was throwing so much attitude. How can this man be so annoying and irritating and an asshole all at once. 'I'm never going to speak to him' she decided.

She reached home with an extremely foul mood. She went and locked herself in her room for hours. Manik, on the other hand, was also not doing great. He kept telling himself that it was good that she went home so she wouldn't get distracted because of him anymore. But obviously, he couldn't live with the fact that she was mad at him.

Manik - No. I should just stay away from her till her exams. Tab tak uska gussa bhi shaant ho jayega and I will apologise and make it up to her. Unfortunately, he was miserable after fighting with Nandini. So he decided to go to college to distract himself.

Manik joined Cabir, Mukti, Alia and Navya where they were chilling in the music room

Cabir - Kya hua? Tere chehre pe 12 kyun baje hai?

Manik - Kuch nahi yaar. Main pareshaan ho gaya hu with all the drama.

Mukti - Ab Kya hua?

Manik - Amms caught Nandini and me together at my place at 5:30 in the morning.

Cabir - Oh no. But it's okay na. Amms ke liye 5:30 am is like normal. It's not like it was 2 am.

Manik - I was in my boxers and Nandini was wearing my shirt and she saw me carrying her out of my bedroom.

Mukti - Fuck.

Alya - Shit. So what happened?

Navya - Amms ne Nandini ko bohot daanta hoga.

Cabir - Hold on. Pehle toh mujhe yeh samaj nahi aa raha that Amms tere ghar pe itni subah kar kya rahi thi?

Manik - Nyonika and her cheap tricks. She's trying to break Nandini and me.

Mukti - What the fuck yaar. Teri Maa bhi na. Usko koi aur kaam nahi hai kya?

Manik - God knows ya.

Navya - But Amms ne kya bola? Nandini theek toh hai?

Manik - Nandini stood up to Amms. She told her straight that she loves me and doesn't regret anything she shares with me.

Mukti - Woah... Seriously?

Cabir - Nandini never ever fails to surprise me! She has some guts!

Manik - Haan. But what was more surprising was that Amms also didn't quite have a problem with it. She was just upset that we lied to her.

Alya - What? She was okay knowing you both are in a physical relationship?

Manik - Yup.

Navya - Shayad unhe pata nahi chala hoga. Unko laga hoga ki Nandini sirf aise hi Manik ke yahaan reh gayi hogi.

Cabir - Tumne kya Amms ko bhi tumhari Amma ki tarah samjha hai?

Manik - Trust me Navya. Unhe sab samaj mein aaya. And agar kuch nahi bhi aaya hota, toh Nyonika ne chilla chilla ke bol diya.

Navya - Sacchi? Aur unhe koi problem nahi thi?

Manik - Nahi. She said we loved each other and we're adults. So we have the right to choose what we want.

Alya - Wow. Amms is quite a cool grandmom.

Manik - Yeah. That she is. Now I get where Nandini gets her outlook about life from. So anyway, this happened at 6 in the morning.

Mukti - Hmmm. Toh Nandini kahaan hai? Tere saath nahi aayi?

Manik - Nahi. She and I had an argument later and now we're fighting.

Mukti - Fight about what?

Manik - Chod na. It's not so important. It's a stupid fight. We'll fix it.

Cabir - Inn dono ka mujhe samaj nahi aata hai. Yeh dono itne bade bade problems saath rehke face karte hai. But jhagda choti choti baaton par karenge.

Manik - Chod na yaar. We'll be fine. But we have one bigger problem we need to discuss.

Alya - What?

Manik - Fab 5 and the album? We haven't told O2 anything yet. And also, after everything that happened with Dhruv and I, it's unfair to you guys if you don't get a chance at the album.

Cabir - Manik. Listen. It doesn't matter.

Manik - No Cabir. What's fair is fair. What I'm telling you guys is that I'm still willing to be a part of the album and willing to work with Dhruv for you guys. I don't know if I can be friends with him again. But you are my friends and it's unfair that you guys don't get an album because of differences between Dhruv and me. I am willing to maintain a professional relationship with Dhruv until we launch the album. So you guys can decide. So we can take this proposition to Dhruv and see what he wants.

Mukti - I'm in. Maybe it's a great way to deal with all the negativity. And we owe it to Fab 5.

Alya - Yes. We owe it to Fab 5.

Cabir - Theek hai. Let's go and have a chat with Dhruv.

All 4 of them decided to make this proposition for Dhruv and were hoping he would agree to it without any drama. They saw him near the music library and requested him to come to the music room so they could discuss this in a private space.

Dhruv - Kya hua guys? If you'll want to discuss anything about yesterday, then I'm sorry. I have nothing to say.

Manik - Dhruv, let me be straight with you. Kal jo bhi hua, that was a difference between me and you and it's not fair that Cabir, Mukti and Alya lose out on the album because of us. So I'm proposing that we finish the album. Just so you know and I make it clear, I do not have any ulterior motives behind this and nor does this mean I'm breaking up with Nandini. I assure you I will contribute my 100% at a professional level and do my best for the album to be a success.

Dhruv - Achanak se album ka aur hum sab ka itna khayal kahaan se aa gaya?

Manik - Tum SAB ka nahi. Sirf Mukti, Alya aur Cabir ka.

Dhruv - I'm sorry. Mujhe yeh album nahi karna. I'm done with FAB5.

Manik - Tumhari marzi. But just to let you know, anyone who breaches the O2 contract faces a 10 lakh rupee penalty to get out of the contract. And the added negative publicity can lead to you not getting any more chances in the music industry.

Dhruv thought for a while and of course, it wasn't difficult to convince him as he also wanted the album to happen. In fact, he needed it more than anyone else.

Dhruv - Fine. I'll do it.

Manik - Great. So now that it's decided, we can resume the practice tomorrow. We'll meet and practice in college everyday from 10 am to 6 pm.

Dhruv - Why can't we start practicing today? Kal tak kyu wait karna hai?

Manik - I'm sorry but I have plans. I need to go see my girlfriend. If anyone has a problem with that, they can shove it up their ass.

Manik got up, buttoned his coat and walked out not caring a damn about anything Dhruv felt.

Dhruv was going to face what it was to be on Manik Malhotra's wrong side. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 15.9K 118
This is completely my imagination and it's a fictional work please don't take it seriously. I ship Harshali and if they ever fall in love I want thei...
68.8K 6.1K 44
A love story with lots of emotions 💓
2.6M 126K 200
58.6K 10.6K 38
In this world full of trendy and fancy relationships and so called situationships, how hard do you think it is to find true love? Meet Sidharth Shuk...